Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Oooooooh. Efficient. I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If we lose, I'm burning this thread to the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Third !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Hmmm, that new thread smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Knex. wrote: »
    If we lose, I'm burning this thread to the ground.

We can lose and still go through. If we get knocked out then I will do the burning for you..

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

We can lose and still go through. If we get knocked out then I will do the burning for you..

We'll have someone to focus our anger on then if you don't follow through on this.

I thought about editing it to say knocked out, but it just didn't have the same ring to it.

At least we're on the same page, though. On both accounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

download-27.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think we'll actually just win again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think a good transfer window would offer the following:

- A top class goalkeeper
    - A top class centre back while retaining Lovren and Matip
    - A top class midfielder (already accomplished with the signing of Keita)
    - A replacement for Can with a nod to greater tactical flexibility (i.e. a player better at sitting than our current options)
    - A top class attacking player who can offer depth along the front three

Surplus to requirements (ignoring what's on loan*):

Mignolet
    Klavan
    Lallana
    Solanke

Goalkeeper X, Karius, young depth
    Clyne, TAA
    Robertson, Moreno
    VVD, Defender X, Lovren, Matip, Gomez
    Keita, Henderson, Milner, Midfielder X, Wijnaldum, Chamberlain
    Salah, Firmino, Mane, Attacker X, Ings, young depth

*I don't really think any of the loaned out crew are good enough. Some may disagree there, but I'm not holding out hope that they'll solve any of our issues.

Five players in; five players out (including Can) in terms of the current first team squad. About the limit of the amount of business we'd ever be looking to do under the current regime I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

So for the people saying City need to upgrade there defence who do you see them replacing in the summer ,
    Walker, Mendy (who hasn't played ) Stone's, Laporte, Kompany ,the Keeper ,Otamendi ?
    I can't see them buying any defenders in the summer.,

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

- A top class goalkeeper
    - A replacement for Can with a nod to greater tactical flexibility (i.e. a player better at sitting than our current options)

Mignolet
    Klavan
    Lallana
    Solanke

Clyne, TAA
    Robertson, Moreno

*I don't really think any of the loaned out crew are good enough. Some may disagree there, but I'm not holding out hope that they'll solve any of our issues.

Five players in; five players out (including Can) in terms of the current first team squad. About the limit of the amount of business we'd ever be looking to do under the current regime I reckon.
    Harry Wilson may be worth a try, Personally he is the only youth I see with a chance of making it and that includes  Woodburn ,
    Infact I haven't seen enough of Brewster yet to have an opinion on him

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

At least we're on the same page, thought. On both accounts.

That you rarnes1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Harry Wilson may be worth a try, Personally he is the only youth I see with a chance of making it and that includes  Woodburn ,

Wilson is the real deal, he has that thing which separates hopefuls from likelys, a footballing brain. The only way he won't make it at Liverpool is if someone ****s up badly. There has been talk about Brewster being fast tracked when he returns and staying as a back up forward - he'd be an excellent rotation option in League games against weaker opposition and a Cups starter.

Wilson is the real deal, he has that thing which separates hopefuls from likelys, a footballing brain. The only way he won't make it at Liverpool is if someone ****s up badly. There has been talk about Brewster being fast tracked when he returns and staying as a back up forward - he'd be an excellent rotation option in League games against weaker opposition and a Cups starter.
    Wilson looks miles ahead of Solanke and Woodburn for me,
    Although he is 3 years older than Woodburn ,

I have a real bad feeling tomorrow,
    I think the injures and not replacing Phil may come back to haunt us,
    Iv a feeling there will be no Mo , it'll drain our players and give City more hope,
    I just hope we don't let the first one in to early,

Woodburn needs to be played as a No 10 not wide left, trouble is that's where Wilson thrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Ridiculous rumour from L'Equipe on Fellaini deal post his contract expiry at Utd. Obviously if Can goes we need a replacement but of all the players I don't like, or rate, he is right up there at the top.

Clearly a wind up that the UK press are only too eager to pounce on. Right?

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Ridiculous rumour from L'Equipe on Fellaini deal post his contract expiry at Utd. Obviously if Can goes we need a replacement but of all the players I don't like, or rate, he is right up there at the top.

Clearly a wind up that the UK press are only too eager to pounce on. Right?
    Echo and various source's reporting Liverpool have said there is Zero chance of them trying to sign Fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

what do people think of todays link to Fellaini? I think its just his agent stirring to get the contract they want. Hes not the worst free transfer though.... could be a half decent squad player... but don't see it being real

• Advertisement

Woodburn needs to be played as a No 10 not wide left, trouble is that's where Wilson thrives!
    We don't play with a 10 so he's never going to make it here ,

"Why AVB Marouane Fellaini would be a good fit for Liverpool - Kate Cohen."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

"Why AVB Marouane Fellaini would be a good fit for Liverpool - Kate Cohen."

No link ??

We do, it's just been branded as an 8+ (Lallana/Ox/Wiji) or a false 9 (Firmino) ;)

We do, it's just been branded as an 8+ (Lallana/Ox/Wiji) or a false 9 (Firmino) ;)
    No we don't we play with two 8's , Booby isn't a false 9 either

False 9 is slightly different than what Bobby plays,
    Spain played with Cesc as a flase 9 ,Sterling played a Flase 9 the weekend for City ,
     Bobby is more of a complete forward if you ask me ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

- A top class goalkeeper

Mignolet
    Klavan
    Lallana
    Solanke

Clyne, TAA
    Robertson, Moreno

You're keeping Moreno!!!! :eek:

Firmino pops up all over the pitch, with and without the ball. What works great in tandem with that is the comfortability of both Salah and Mane in coming inside and playing a more central role.

So if Firmino runs back 20 yards, wins the ball and we counter, his absence from the front line isn't hampering us. As not only have you the other two attackers who are more than happy to move into central areas, they have pace to burn which allows you to exploit those counter opportunities more readily.

You don't have to have the perfect situation, perfect positioning, perfect pass etc. You don't have to wait for the attack to build, or even for them to get on the shoulder of the last man before you play the ball into space.

Add to that their ability to beat a man, pick out a pass, or hold up the ball and wait for support, and it really is so tough for teams to contain it. Especially when we're on song and up against a team who want to play ball a bit. Add in the overlapping fullbacks, the energy from midfield, and a backline comfortable on the ball, we're a well oiled, fluid attacking force.

City having to come out of the blocks, even more so than they normally do, will make it extra hard for them when you consider Liverpool's style. They need to commit to scoring three times just to level the match. If it wasn't for our injuries/suspensions, I'd be super confident. But even still, it's really hard to not see Liverpool scoring here.

Time to see how far we've really come on defensively, however. As all the things I praised Liverpool for, City are probably the better attacking team. Which goes to show their prowess.

Firmino pops up all over the pitch, with and without the ball. What works great in tandem with that is the comfortability of both Salah and Mane in coming inside and playing a more central role.

So if Firmino runs back 20 yards, wins the ball and we counter, his absence from the front line isn't hampering us. As not only have you the other two attackers who are more than happy to move into central areas, they have pace to burn which allows you to exploit those counter opportunities more readily.

You don't have to have the perfect situation, perfect positioning, perfect pass etc. You don't have to wait for the attack to build, or even for them to get on the shoulder of the last man before you play the ball into space.

Add to that their ability to beat a man, pick out a pass, or hold up the ball and wait for support, and it really is so tough for teams to contain it. Especially when we're on song and up against a team who want to play ball a bit. Add in the overlapping fullbacks, the energy from midfield, and a backline comfortable on the ball, we're a well oiled, fluid attacking force.

City having to come out of the blocks, even more so than they normally do, will make it extra hard for them when you consider Liverpool's style. They need to commit to scoring three times just to level the match. If it wasn't for our injuries/suspensions, I'd be super confident. But even still, it's really hard to not see Liverpool scoring here.

Time to see how far we've really come on defensively, however. As all the things I praised Liverpool for, City are arguably the better attacking team. Which goes to show their prowess.
    There's been some talk that City haven't scored after 70 minutes in there last 8 games,
    To play the way they do means players are constantly moving and full back cover huge distances is the season starting to take it's toll on there legs ?
    Kinda similar to what happens to us, we have 15-20 minutes where we destroy teams and then need time off  to rest, this is where I think we would benefit from a better midfield 3 as we can never really control a game for 90 mins , We lose control when we are not at full blast,

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

BOOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

So for the people saying City need to upgrade there defence who do you see them replacing in the summer ,
    Walker, Mendy (who hasn't played ) Stone's, Laporte, Kompany ,the Keeper ,Otamendi ?
    I can't see them buying any defenders in the summer.,

City need to improve their defence, they don't necessarily have to replace their defenders in order to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Sam Allardyce: “If my two league games against Liverpool this season had been a Champions League tie, we’d have gone through.
    That’s something my critics won’t tell you.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

rob316 wrote: »
    Sam Allardyce: “If my two league games against Liverpool this season had been a Champions League tie, we’d have gone through.

Haha. He's some man for the absolute belter quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Salah was in training today.

Great news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

rob316 wrote: »
    Grayditch wrote: »
    Haha. He's some man for the absolute belter quotes.

As much as I hate Big Sam and as easy as I might find it to believe those quotes, apparently they're made up. But regardless, here's a picture of Sam below. Imagine him making walrus mating noises as you gaze upon it.

esn6ae.jpg
    vbulletinesn6ae.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I think he means the long balls from Salah's foot at the edge of the box into the back of the net...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

TitianGerm wrote: »

Think he meant the are a team with big balls...

Robertson training today also. This makes me very happy.

• Advertisement

Salah and Robertson training, Woohoo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,628 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Jayus this thread has flown! Amazing what a sniff of glory will do.
    Great news that Salah is training

cjmc wrote: »
    Amazing what a sniff of glory will do.

article-1084563-0018F7B100000258-765_468x300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Should make a cheeky bid for Davy Klaassen - he used to score regularly for Ajax but Allardyce prefers Tom Davies and Beni Baningime for some reason.

Sam Allardyce explains why 'anomaly' Davy Klaassen isn't getting first team minutes for Everton

article-1084563-0018F7B100000258-765_468x300.jpg

It's his birthday today. A birthday's not the same without some Coke.

Talisman wrote: »
    Should make a cheeky bid for Davy Klaassen - he used to score regularly for Ajax but Allardyce prefers Tom Davies and Beni Baningime for some reason.

Sam Allardyce explains why 'anomaly' Davy Klaassen isn't getting first team minutes for Everton

"If I had the opportunity to play him I would, but I haven't because I've got to win. So I don't have the luxury of saying 'go on, give it a go lad!' because if we lose it's me that gets the stick."

****ing risible. I hope Sam is there for a decade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

corwill wrote: »
    "If I had the opportunity to play him I would, but I haven't because I've got to win. So I don't have the luxury of saying 'go on, give it a go lad!' because if we lose it's me that gets the stick."

****ing risible. I hope Sam is there for a decade.

There's rumblings today that they're going to get rid of him in the Summer. Pity but you can't blame them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I think it's going to be 2-1 City tomorrow. As long as we score we should be alright.

There's rumblings today that they're going to get rid of him in the Summer. Pity but you can't blame them.

Hopefully they'll pluck another soulless omnishambles off the merry-go-round.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Salah, Robertson and moreno all pictured in training. Important to have all 3 available obviously the first two are key but moreno may be needed off the bench for the front 3 positions at some stage.
    Karius
    Taa VVD lovren Robertson
    Wijnaldum milner ox
    Salah firmino mane

Mig clyne moreno ings klavan solanke and one other .
    Things were looking a bit bleaker a few days ago so atleast with that there are some options.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement