Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm going to be dying of a hangover on the 27th good thing there's a European final to make me feel better. The 28th is going to be rough, good thing there's a European...

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Fell over the line but who cares, in a ****ing European Cup Final

We kinda did but we were always a couple of goals ahead unless the ref lost his watch after the pen. The final score over the Two legs might make it look close but we were always miles ahead in reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Will take some pick up to get these lads ready for Chelsea

Do you get any joy at all from football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Some lads are just never happy......we have just reached the Champions Leg. Final and people still have something to complain about......

Enjoy the feckin fact that we are going to Kiev and be happy that we have Klopp and he is delivering as he said he would.

On a side note......anyone here still want to spend a 100 million on the Roma keeper..??? Personally wouldnt pay 20 million on him nor would I rate him better that Karius over the 2 legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

ricero wrote: »
    **** all over me underpants !

**** me we are in a champions league final

FSG out!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR08BTSyhOa6twLe7df9HjBUk8t6vbyRD5uN4v7p4ODJQEDGtLe

I will never not thank this gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Gbear wrote: »
    It really messed with the psychology of both the teams. It's not a coincidence that you get wacky 2nd legs like this or PSG, or Barca.

It's 6-7 but it was never close. Ref seemed to be trying to make a game of it at times.

this is not the time nor place for your common sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

On a side note......anyone here still want to spend a 100 million on the Roma keeper..??? Personally wouldnt pay 20 million on him nor would I rate him better that Karius over the 2 legs.

I'd still want us to go for him, or someone else, and have the new lad and Karius fighting for the starting spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

That is the worst I have felt after a big win in a long time.

I'm sorry and saddened to say - but all our concerns about Klopp and his ability to resolve our issues - have all come back to haunt me.

Well you go away and **** the **** off with ****en bull****. ****en champions league ****en final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Strange posts tonight....I'd hate to see this thread if/when we go through an actual bad patch.

Fans being kept in the stadium till 1am for safety reasons .

Gbear wrote: »
    It really messed with the psychology of both the teams. It's not a coincidence that you get wacky 2nd legs like this or PSG, or Barca.

It's 6-7 but it was never close. Ref seemed to be trying to make a game of it at times.

It was 6-7 yet 2 of their goals were dubious penalties to say the least (fair enough TAA handball didn't get called) and the Milner header was just...bizarre. It was far from what the scoreline suggests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

We really need Can for the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

His username is misleading, he doesn’t actually support Liverpool. That much has become very clear, very often.

Let's not ignore the fact that Madrid also fell across the line, Bayern were far closer to beating them than Roma ever were to us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Wtf is wrong with some people .. champions league final achieved despite two of the dodgiest pens you will see in a major semi final..score 2 away to a team who conceded none before Tonight.. but all we get is 'not good enough' 'terrible performance' 'useless'

Fans . Ffs.

Bring on Madrid

NukaCola wrote: »
    Strange posts tonight....I'd hate to see this thread if/when we go through an actual bad patch.

I lived through Charlie Adam, Joe Cole and Hodgson. Anyone moaning after this game needs to get their brains checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Give them drink and they will be grand....a sing song never hurt anyone. Better together than on the streets at risk.

Sing song for a few hours!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Of course I do was In anfield last week having the time of my life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hopefully can and lallana will be fit enough to make the bench for the final.

Great to see this team in the final it really is an amazing acheivement by all at the club.

We really are 2 - 3 players away from having a really great side.

Ox is a huge loss/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Like 2 absolutely nonsense penalties and a laughable own goal

martyos121 wrote: »
    His username is misleading, he doesn’t actually support Liverpool. That much has become very clear, very often.

I have been in anfield over 100 times in the last 30 years and at 3 European cup finals unfortunately I have turned in to a miserable git in my aul age

Linda can get a all dolled up for the final

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/991779321894318080

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

What an achievement a CL final.. Hopefully go there with top 4 in the bag. Karius just isn't good enough surely klopp will sign a proper keeper in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Sing song for a few hours!!

One of the fan vlogs that are in Rome said earlier that they'll be showing the match again on the big screens as the fans are being kept in for 2hrs..

I lived through Charlie Adam, Joe Cole and Hodgson. Anyone moaning after this game needs to get their brains checked.

Adams

Linda can get a all dolled up for the final

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/991779321894318080

Her sheets are ruined though.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Her sheets are ruined though.

My sheets are ruined.

• Advertisement

DcOIW9JX0AA1biy.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Never do it the easy bloody way. I'm delighted though. Was a little hairy at times without ever reaching the tense levels of Chelsea in 05 when I was literally hiding behind the curtain at times never the end and the Gudjonsson chance nearly killed me.

Bring on yer Real Madrids!

RTE Interviewer: "You got a bit lucky, could've had 2 red cards, 2 more penalties"

van Dijk: "Who cares?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

where the fcuk do they find these interviewers? "there could have been two red cards and two penalties" Van Djik "who cares"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It will sink in tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

8a726926-b0d0-469a-ad35-fada3e19bd97.jpg

Class act lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

ebbsy wrote: »
    Well I certainly am not worried about tomorrow night.

In fact I think we will steamroller them. Get down to PP and thank me later.

What was I taking yesterday?????!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Phenomenal achievement.

Klopp has to step it up here. His record in finals is frankly absolute ****e, and both previous efforts with Liverpool have fallen desperately, appallingly short of the buildup to both.

But, there's no question, come what may, it's an incredible achievement to have gotten this far.
    We're going well enough in the league that we've been able to take the foot off the gas, even with a depleted squad, and we've looked serious business in 2-legged ties.

All that's left for them is to slay the dragon, bang the princess and live forever more as legends.

5starpool wrote: »
    Never do it the easy bloody way. I'm delighted though. Was a little hairy at times without ever reaching the tense levels of Chelsea in 05 when I was literally hiding behind the curtain at times never the end and the Gudjonsson chance nearly killed me.

Bring on yer Real Madrids!

Need a defib after that alright :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Anybody have a video to the post match celebrations? RTE didn’t think that we needed to see it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

That is the worst I have felt after a big win in a long time.

I'm sorry and saddened to say - but all our concerns about Klopp and his ability to resolve our issues - have all come back to haunt me.

What a ridiculous take

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The majority of the team's performance did not deserve to lose 4-2.

Robertson - fúcking awesome. Attacked brilliantly and Roma got little joy down his side.

VVD - Some of his anticipation was superb. Set up some quick counters. Monster in the air.

Milner - everywhere.

Firmino - see above (for the 1st half). Then tired.

Mané - Easily my MOTM. Scared them fúcking shítless.

Salah was off (again). 2 games now. Not used to this!
    Trent was abysmal, and it was imhumane to keep him on so long while he sank.
    Lovren showed again why a new CB is needed.

Champions League final though. So proud if how far the club has come.

Number 6 is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

RTE Interviewer: "You got a bit lucky, could've had 2 red cards, 2 more penalties"

van Dijk: "Who cares?"

:pac: Quality......****ing amateur hour at RTE....

Just been a photo shot on rte2 of the lads holding up a banner in tribute to Sean Cox after the final whistle. Classy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Great to see the grannystabbers in a european final ..

Where's your 5 European Cups ???

• Advertisement

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Anybody have a video to the post match celebrations? RTE didn’t think that we needed to see it!

I must say, kudos to BT post game. Stayed on the touchline beside the Liverpool fans for 15 mins. Fantastic stuff.

Head and shoulders better than Sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Jay Spearing and Charlie Adam started in midfield in an FA Cup final where Andy Carroll was our best player. Downing also played.

Robertson must be right up with salah as best signing of the year has hardly put a foot wrong since coming in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Champions League final scoring a record amount of goals and there's people complaining. Just people who are never satisfied, they likely complained we were too defensive when Rafa was bringing us to two finals.

We all know the issues this team has and on top of that we're down to about 12/13 players of the required quality so Klopp can give them little help from the bench. Don't care how we got there, CL final in a few weeks!

Klopp back out to keep the fans company :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement