Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    8a726926-b0d0-469a-ad35-fada3e19bd97.jpg

[ /QUOTE]

Great flag, but it's a pity the design makes it hard to read.

Ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo...... is really hard to read, very nice touch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

That is the worst I have felt after a big win in a long time.

I'm sorry and saddened to say - but all our concerns about Klopp and his ability to resolve our issues - have all come back to haunt me.

You must be great craic at a sesh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Job done. Got a bit ragged at the end, but the scoreline flatters Roma overall IMHO (2 dodgy penalties, a freak Og).

Anyhow, a great result over 2 legs. The tank is almost empty for many lads now, but 2 weeks I think between the Brighton and Real games, so time to recharge.

We don't have a perfect team but we're getting there, and 90 minutes away from #6.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Who's complaining about getting to a Champions League Final!!!...

Do you not remember the nights where we played 7 midfielders against Bournemouth in the Carling cup, or when we rolled over to let Real win in the CL group stages!

Where Roy Hodgson wouldnt have a go against Everton. Or when we signed Paul Konchesky.... Poulsen, Jovanovic

Getting hammered by Stoke and Crystal Palace in what was one of our greatest players final 2 games

We're in theChampions League Final and I bloody love it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

RTE Interviewer: "You got a bit lucky, could've had 2 red cards, 2 more penalties"

van Dijk: "Who cares?"

That was probably a an itv interviewer but as VVD said who cares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

2 European finals in 2 and a half years under Klopp , impressive ( most impressive if we lift number 6)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

We got to beat Chelsea at the weekend, and guarantee we are back here next year! Most important thing is we make sure we are in this competition each year. Nobody wants to be in April hoping we get a result against the likes of Fulham in the hope of finishing top 4. If we want to now attract players to make us the top table again, we need CL next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

What a tense 45 mins some shocking calls but we are there. Liverpool fans V the rest of boards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Just watching the coverage of Klopp running out to the fans after he'd done his after match interviews - the pollen count is really high, choke, sniff....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

We got to beat Chelsea at the weekend, and guarantee we are back here next year! Most important thing is we make sure we are in this competition each year. Nobody wants to be in April hoping we get a result against the likes of Fulham in the hope of finishing top 4. If we want to now attract players to make us the top table again, we need CL next year

A draw is enough.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I'd be happy with a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

SlickRic wrote: »
    The majority of the team's performance did not deserve to lose 4-2.

Robertson - fúcking awesome. Attacked brilliantly and Roma got little joy down his side.

VVD - Some of his anticipation was superb. Set up some quick counters. Monster in the air.

Milner - everywhere.

Firmino - see above (for the 1st half). Then tired.

Mané - Easily my MOTM. Scared them fúcking shítless.

Salah was off (again). 2 games now. Not used to this!
    Trent was abysmal, and it was imhumane to keep him on so long while he sank.
    Lovren showed again why a new CB is needed.

Champions League final though. So proud if how far the club has come.

Number 6 is on.

In fairness it wasn't a 4-2 game. 2-2 at worst. They got a dodgy penalty and a lucky OG.

TAA was very isolated and Roma punished him. I'd like to see Clyne in for the final but it's probably a little harsh on TAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

Nope... we need to not lose against Chelsea. They have to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

How lucky are we to have Klopp as manager? Two finals from two European campaigns since he joined the club.

He came into the club in October 2015 and took Brendan (If you give me the tools, I’ll do the work) Rodgers bunch of misfits to the Europa League Final.

He got us back into European competition for this season and we are going to the Champions League Final.

Hopefully he'll win this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

SlickRic wrote: »

#9assists #minusonegoal :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    8a726926-b0d0-469a-ad35-fada3e19bd97.jpg

[ /QUOTE]

Great flag, but it's a pity the design makes it hard to read.

Ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo...... is really hard to read, very nice touch though.

If we manage to beat Madrid, I'll get that YNWA in irish tattooed on my arm. In a nice italic of course;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It makes you wonder why Can wants to leave.

Only Firmino and Milner have played more games than him under Klopp.

• Advertisement

Milner has been immense this season. Akin to Gary Mac in 2001.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Just watching the coverage of Klopp running out to the fans after he'd done his after match interviews - the pollen count is really high, choke, sniff....

Feck the pollen.....Had a wee cry there when I seen it. Last time I seen him do it was his last game as BVB manager after the German cup final in Berlin a few years back. Lost the game but came out as if he had won it.....said good bye to the fans in style and had me in tears then as well. The man is pure class....lives and breaths the club...and if he doesnt he doesnt stick about picking up money for the sake of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Whatever you want to say about Karius, he gave a better account of himself over the two legs than Alisson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

g1EwgLg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can has probably been told he's not gonna be first choice next season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

One of the former staff at Leverkusenrecently told me he is affraid of 2 things.
    1. He wont see much game time when Keita comes in
    2. He is worried about the physicality side of the English game and feels Italy may prolong his career.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

RoboKlopp wrote: »

As with 2000/01 it's vital to have an old head in a young team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

More European finals than Chelsea, city, Arsenal and spurs combined since 2000.

Add in Middlesborough and it's a draw though ;)

Vicxas wrote: »
    Can has probably been told he's not gonna be first choice next season

And he thinks he will be at Juve? Fight to earn your spot, don't just leave when you face a challenge.

Admittedly I'm not particularly annoyed with Can, he's gone about this season professionally, and he's not worth throwing massive contracts at anyway.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Gary Mac..... What a season that was and what a part he played in it. From “what the f**k are we doing signing this auld guy for” to a bloody legend.

Absolutely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Was that your role in 1066 Harry? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I love Eamo
    "Kingsley Coman, who's a really good player"
    his comment on him last season
    "he's a wannabe, thinks he's one of the best three players in the world - he probably isn't in the top three in his own family"

For the superstitious among us:

Liverpool have won 5 Champions Leagues, and all 5 were against teams in white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

For me the player of the tie was Henderson.

Absolute beast in midfield. Doesn't really get any of the headlines but barely put a foot (or pass or tackle) wrong over the 180 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    More European finals than Chelsea, city, Arsenal and spurs combined since 2000.

Add in Middlesborough and it's a draw though ;)

Nottingham forest have won more European cups than the whole of London and Everton combined😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

g1EwgLg.jpg

Look at the head on Mane :pac: he was immense tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

People need to chill about the scoreline , The mental side of two leggs is hige players turn off as they know they have goals in the bank and also sometimes get stuck between pushing on and defending ,
    One of games are far easier.to decide what to do , Looke at Roma v Barca , Real v Juve its all mental that leads to the other teams getting back into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool’s final league game May 13th, Reals final league game May 20th. Final May 26th

Must check what is on now in Liverpool for the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

g1EwgLg.jpg

Why does everyones' head look like it's been photoshopped onto their body?

Nottingham forest have won more European cups than the whole of London and Everton combined😂😂

Trent Alexander-Arnold, a 19 year-old, has more Champions League appearances than Everton.

• Advertisement

Mane's playing a risky game with that towel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

You shouldn't be forming opinions on tonight's game it was a no contest after the 1st goal. We didn't get out of 2nd gear.

We already know Trent lovren and karius are dodgy.

People need to chill about the scoreline , The mental side of two leggs is hige players turn off as they know they have goals in the bank and also sometimes get stuck between pushing on and defending ,
    One of games are far easier.to decide what to do , Looke at Roma v Barca , Real v Juve its all mental that leads to the other teams getting back into it

99.99999% of Liverpool fans don't give a **** about the scoreline, trust me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Delighted. Now can relax and look forward to the final :D
    And still hopefully get at least a draw against Chelsea. All hail lord Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rob316 wrote: »
    You shouldn't be forming opinions on tonight's game it was a no contest after the 1st goal. We didn't get out of 2nd gear.

We already know Trent lovren and karius are dodgy.

We also know that on their day they can be solid as well. Hopefully that comes against Real.

The only question is whether a talented team of superstars can expose Trent's weakness under the high ball when he's pitted against the greatest athlete to ever play the sport.

Eep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Assuming no further injuries, or players to come back from injury, same team for the final?

To be honest, after tonight's game I think Clyne will start against Chelsea in place of TAA - partially to take him out of the spotlight but also for Klopp to run the rule over Clyne in a big game after his lengthy lay-off. If Clyne does well, he may well start against Brighton which would indicate he will play the final.

Whatever team Klopp selects for that last league game will also play in Kiev. We need more defensive protection on that side and TAA just ain't a full-back - caught out a lot with the ball over the top. He'll be more important to have on the bench as midfield cover, considering how light we are in that area.

There have been 4 handball decisions in our last 3 games and I feel like all 4 were wrong. Klavan and Milner both given as penalties and TAA and Pieters both not given when they were far more blatant and in breach of the rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just put up the final match thread. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

It was noticeable that Mane was the only forward player who looked sharp tonight - coincidently he was the one rested last weekend.

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Just put up the final match thread.

Blew the load early there Rob :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement