Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If Roma got this far they're deserving of respect. There are no bad teams in the SF of the European Cup

This.

But I'm not going to worry about who we get. We can beat anyone. Klopp has us dreaming lads, I don't want to wake up yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Barcelona have shown tonight how vital it was to prevent the away goal in your home leg.

Great performance by Roma, and it highlights how well we did last week to keep City out.

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If Roma got this far they're deserving of respect. There are no bad teams in the SF of the European Cup
    Of course not but there are teams like Real Madrid and Bayern and there are teams like Roma and Liverpool. I don't think it's disrespectful to say Roma is the dream draw right now.

If we've to play one of the elite teams I'd rather we do it in the final rather than over two legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

not yet wrote: »
    Any truth Harry Kane scored 2 for Roma tonight, didn't see the game.

He seen the goals with his own eyes so I think Spurs are going to lodge an appeal....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We gave it a good go but congrats to City on reaching the semi final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

v4Dgk.gif

True....but......I'd still like to get Roma all the same......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

When's the draw for the semis?

Google says Friday, can't wait :D

What a team we have

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Absolutely class. What a result.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

sei_6802566.jpg?w=748&h=495&crop=1

Throwing flares could have killed someone some thugs those Man City fans :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Feel a bit of a muppet thinking the sky had fallen in after the first 15mins, absolutely brilliant to beat them at home...

Anyway, enjoyed the relaxed and contented dump after that, fair dues to Aldi for their cheap 2ply bog roll and my 10yr old Dell XPS for deciding for once not to sound like a 747 about to take off as soon as I started streaming something...

Onwards and Upwards.

YNWA!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Think a few lads used up all their data posting in the match thread in the first half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

eyerer wrote: »
    When's the draw for the semis?

11am on Friday the 13th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Last time Roma were in the Champions League semis, they lost the final to Liverpool in 1984. Anyone know what Deirdre Barlow, Prince Charles or the Pope were up to then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Well lads any craic............😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Mo Salah for the Ballon d’Or!

Mo for god..that man will not leave that club, being a Muslim money will not tempt him.

City had 3 shots on target over the two legs......and scored one.......decent conversion rate there :pac:.....

All joking aside, over the two legs we were by far the better team both in defending and attack. 2 games to a final. Anything can happen at this stage.

11am on Friday the 13th

Fcuk we'll get Brazil so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

this is dream stuff, and the Rafa feeling from 05 is back, we just might maybe win this ...
    either ways Jurgen you have made me very happy right now
    thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

awec wrote: »
    No way.

If we are honest, we are praying for Roma.

And everyone else will be praying to get us.

Terrible attitude as a Liverpool supporter.

Every club left has earned their spot and we've been arguably the performers of the knockouts. No idea why we would be a) afraid of any tie and b) wouldn't welcome a two leg glamour tie and the chance to do Ronaldo.

It's a time to enjoy and embrace, not be afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Let's play Roma in the final,why the fcuk not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Personally hoping for a Bayern Liva final, revenge for Klopp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Stevie thinks Mo is right footed, said he scored on his weaker foot. Yikes. :eek:

Prior to the salah goal it was a sure penalty on mane but the ref wasn’t giving it definitely hadn’t a hand raised

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

11am on Friday the 13th

11am CET so 12 noon for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ib4Tggh.jpg

Terrible attitude as a Liverpool supporter.

Every club left has earned their spot and we've been arguably the performers of the knockouts. No idea why we would be a) afraid of any tie and b) wouldn't welcome a two leg glamour tie and the chance to do Ronaldo.

It's a time to enjoy and embrace, not be afraid.
    And?

I don't give a **** about "glamour tie" ffs.

Give me the team we're most likely to beat and we can leave the glamour nonsense to pre-season friendlies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

4B0693AB00000578-5600343-image-a-59_1523390785904.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Not really having the league to worry about is certainly going to help preparations. Our front 3 looked leggy to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

This is a pivotal moment. We're arrived again. Let's push on now. Special manager with a fearless ruthless attack. No reason we can't win this now.

Bloody delighted :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

not yet wrote: »
    Lads it's grand I fcuked the sofa out, Sorry meant my mate fcuked it out...

Your OK, not yet is on the rags though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

What's the verdict on Karius after tonight's lads? The game was littered with his mistakes...

I gave blood earlier this evening. When Salah scored I roared so hard I almost fainted. Absolutely fcuking worth it!!

I passed blood when Salah scored, put your ace of hearts on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Feel a bit of a muppet thinking the sky had fallen in after the first 15mins, absolutely brilliant to beat them at home...

Anyway, enjoyed the relaxed and contented dump after that, fair dues to Aldi for their cheap 2ply bog roll and my 10yr old Dell XPS for deciding for once not to sound like a 747 about to take off as soon as I started streaming something...

Onwards and Upwards.

YNWA!!!!

Don't!! It was a very very fine line between the actual score at HT and us being 4 - 0 down. Sure, you can point at the lack of shots on target but another day they get a penalty call and are correctly awarded that goal and we'd have been goosed. That's football at the sharp end though, tight margins. As it is, Klopp sorted it out at half time and - over the whole of the two legs - we fully deserved our win.

But they nearly got there. We were destroyed during the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Prior to the salah goal it was a sure penalty on mane but the ref wasn’t giving it definitely hadn’t a hand raised
    Ref was pretty ****e tonight

Hope some of those bookings don't come back to haunt us

Ardent wrote: »
    What's the verdict on Karius after tonight's lads? The game was littered with his mistakes...

Please tonight we praise😂

awec wrote: »
    No way.

If we are honest, we are praying for Roma.

And everyone else will be praying to get us.

Rugby forum
    > that way

Feels ****ing great to be in these big time games again

• Advertisement

Sofa Spud wrote: »

Onwards and Upwards.

YNWA!!!!

Don't!! It was a very very fine line between the actual score at HT and us being 4 - 0 down. Sure, you can point at the lack of shots on target but another day they get a penalty call and are correctly awarded that goal and we'd have been goosed. That's football at the sharp end though, tight margins. As it is, Klopp sorted it out at half time and - over the whole of the two legs - we fully deserved our win.

But they nearly got there. We were destroyed during the first half.

Or we get a correct free out for their first goal and they don't get momentum up and we grab two before the break :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

naughtb4 wrote: »

Aren't the bookings wiped now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Brilliant results. I missed the first 20 minutes or so, and we badly needed the half time whistle, but we were excellent in the second period, led by gigi and the ox in particular, as well as milner being milner. A lot off lazy analysis in the run up to the game by pundits, saying they Liverpool have no defence. Have they seen us play since January, Robertson/virgil/karius have transformed us into a solid if not perfect unit.

Say a good tweet on TV 3: 'imagine if Sterling was still at Liverpool, we'd be able to play a front 3 of Mane, Fermino, and Salah' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Thought Karius did alright

kfallon wrote: »

Correct

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The night of the unsung heroes IMO.

We know how incredible the front 3 are. Once we pushed up the field in the 2nd half, and Pep inexplicably changed to a back 4, they took over at times. But let's leave that aside for a sec.

But firstly...James Milner.

Even in that first half he was plugging gaping holes, making sure gaps in the centre were being filled while we were being destroyed on the inside left channel, and Gini was drowning. Then in the 2nd half, he was just ridiculous. Running and running and running. Never stopped, and KDB will be delighted to see the back of him.

And secondly, Dejan Lovren.

Amazing. Impeccable bar one rash one in the first half on Sané. Cleared everything. Covered TAA when needed. Cleared it properly. Tracked his runners. Stayed on his feet. All the things he routinely doesn't do when under pressure. Just brilliant. VVD has had some effect on him.

Sublime work.

And Klopp, so fùcking lucky to have him.

And Mo Salah. I can't get enough of that finish. Ice cold motherfúcker.

• Advertisement

Brilliant results. I missed the first 20 minutes or so, and we badly needed the half time whistle, but we were excellent in the second period, led by gigi and the ox in particular, as well as milner being milner. A lot off lazy analysis in the run up to the game by pundits, saying they Liverpool have no defence. Have they seen us play since January, Robertson/virgil/karius have transformed us into a solid if not perfect unit.

Say a good tweet on TV 3: 'imagine if Sterling was still at Liverpool, we'd be able to play a front 3 of Mane, Fermino, and Salah' :)
    First half was pretty much the opposite of the first half last week except they didn't get the goals to show for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Karius caught his crosses, wasn't at fault for the goal, didn't make any major mistakes. They only had 3 shots on target and 2 were trickled in by de Bruyne from 30 yards out.

kfallon wrote: »
    naughtb4 wrote: »

You are correct! Excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Class from Ox, wish more players did that, say he's delighted he joined us even more now.
    Great 2nd half performance, got to say I had my doubts after the first goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Ardent wrote: »

He was great...as were the whole team. Football is a results business and tonight we got the result.

Go mad and enjoy it, dont be looking for the flaws in it.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement