Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pitch-side interviews from Norwegian TV with Carra, Riise, VVD, Salah, Henderson and Gini.

https://streamable.com/956qh

Bit mad, but does a good job at getting atmosphere and excitement etc across. Salah speaks more English here than in all other interviews combined. He's far better than he lets on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

https://twitter.com/Liddellpool/status/991806464674148352?s=19

Pitch side interviews Henderson Gini VVD & Mo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Yeah, Ní shiúldfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo

Thanks. There's something under the liver bird too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Knex. wrote: »
    Pitch-side interviews from Norwegian TV with Carra, Riise, VVD, Salah, Henderson and Gini.

https://streamable.com/956qh

Bit mad, but does a good job at getting atmosphere and excitement etc across.
    Julius Caesar, Mark Anthony, Nero, Cladius, Sophia Loreen, vi har slått dem alle sammen, vi har slått dem alle sammen! Pope Francis, can you hear me. Your boys took one hell of a beating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Milner's MS Paint skills are as good as my own
    Looked like great scenes in the dressing room... I heard them from the drug testing room ����
    #waitforme
    #celebrateonmyown
    #hopeshowerstillhot

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiSp5yUFjnS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Thud

Ronnie Whelan was painful tonight, there were two frees given for studs in second half, liverpool player got done for marginal studs after playing the ball, he condemned it, Roma player came flying out with studs up he said there was nothing in it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Thud wrote: »
    Ronnie Whelan was painful tonight, there were two frees given for studs in second half, liverpool player got done for marginal studs after playing the ball, he condemned it, Roma player came flying out with studs up he said there was nothing in it. :rolleyes:
    He has been bitter towards Liverpool for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

BBC is even better all fans hate Liverpool and think Roma were robbed tonight

If there was ever a pity penalty it was the one tonight. The ref knew he was blowing up straight after so there wouldn't be any repercussions. I also thought the Milner one in the first game was harsh as well - if the score was closer, I don't think that would've been given.

I will acknowledge though that the TAA one from tonight should probably have been awarded.

The refs for our two games were terrible overall. I hope the ref for the final will be the lad from the first Munich vs Madrid game, he was good.

Klopp's post-match press conference:

• Advertisement

fyfe79 wrote: »
    If there was ever a pity penalty it was the one tonight. The ref knew he was blowing up straight after so there wouldn't be any repercussions.
    Van Dijk said in a post match interview that the assistant behind the goal said there was no penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Knex. wrote: »
    Milner's MS Paint skills are as good as my own

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiSp5yUFjnS

Millie’s gone from having no social media presence to being world class at it. He’s giving Benjamin Mendy a serious run for his money! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

That is the worst I have felt after a big win in a long time.

I'm sorry and saddened to say - but all our concerns about Klopp and his ability to resolve our issues - have all come back to haunt me.
    I'd suggest giving up supporting all sport teams if this makes you sorry and saddened. I'm not being glib either. 
    Regardless of what happens in the final this is a fantastic achievement by Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    Millie’s gone from having no social media presence to being world class at it. He’s giving Benjamin Mendy a serious run for his money! :D

He’s like a vintage 13/14 sap...great at the ol’ ‘jokes’.

Also think we better get used to not getting penalties, cos there’s no way any ref is giving us one against Real in a CL final.

If it goes to a penalty shoot out we probably won’t even be allowed take them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Absolutely revelling in some of the bitterness I'm seeing online, how anyone can think Roma were robbed are off their heads plain and simple. Now, I must go to work and hear the same BS no doubt I can't wait :D

• Advertisement

Will be heading into work like this

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The fúcking cheek of any Roma President, football pundit, rival fan or just general numpty who wants to talk about the referee screwing Roma.

Salt, salt, fúcking salt.

klose wrote: »
    Absolutely revelling in some of the bitterness I'm seeing online, how anyone can think Roma were robbed are off their heads plain and simple. Now, I must go to work and hear the same BS no doubt I can't wait :D

I see the imaginary Liverpool fan friends are making an appearance on boards again. F*ckers always make a show of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, zip-a-dee-ay
    My, oh, my, what a wonderful day
    Plenty of European cup final football heading my way

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

TAA had a shocker but he gets no protection from salah who is allowed to cheat compared to mane who give plenty of help to Robertson

That's fair enough, but a lot of his mistakes are basic defensive ones - letting his man get in behind him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Liked how Klopp referred to the finals we've lost under him. Need to keep the eye on the prize.

Anyone going to Kiev?

If I got a ticket think I'd have to. Wouldn't travel without one though.

Flights are gone through the roof though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Anyone going to Kiev?

If I got a ticket think I'd have to. Wouldn't travel without one though.

Flights are gone through the roof though

Flights are crazy, I looked at them a week ago when I was considering it,, I presume that they are much more expensive now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

That VAR is a bloody joke at the moment, how any sane person could call for it is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

I wonder if Karius had played in nets for Roma over the two legs what the score might have been ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

madalig12 wrote: »
    I wonder if Karius had played in nets for Roma over the two legs what the score might have been ðŸ˜

Well considering he made quite a few good saves I'd say we could be out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Havent gone back over all the thread, but was there anybody talking about the blatant push on Mane after 10 mins that should have been a penalty?

Havent gone back over all the thread, but was there anybody talking about the blatant push on Mane after 10 mins that should have been a penalty?

In here or the other threads? In all the other threads they were to buy saying Roma were robbed because they didn't get two penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Heart is not in the best shape after that last night. Into the final and thats all that matters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

We're suddenly crap because we took the foot of the gas at 7-3 agg. Hilarious

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I can hardly even remember what happened in the match, I can only remember the last 'peno' that Roma scored from.

Need to watch that match again.

F*ck yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Out last night for the game which means I don’t see it properly like I would at home but once that first goal went in I was relaxed and despite the score line at no stage did I feel they were panicking or about to throw it away.

7-6 is not really an accurate reflection of how dominant Liverpool were over the two ties. Two penalties they got were dodgy and Milner own goal was just pure bad luck.
    I think you can’t judge a defence when four ahead as their mentality would be very different when defending a one goal lead.

Media and neutrals try to make out Liverpool were lucky etc but also forget that Roma are a decent side.

Think we have a great chance but the fact is that Liverpool getting to the Champion’s League final is an amazing achievement that we just have to enjoy.

Winning it would just be unreal though.
    3 weeks and two days to recover with 2 league games in between. Bring it on.

If Liverpool win the cup, they'll be the luckiest team to win it, ever. It's true.

Sure Roma were unlucky to have only gotten two soft penalties and not to have given away any of their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

While I felt the concession of the two late goals in the first leg spoiled it a bit because it amounted to a flat out loss of concentration against a beaten side; I don't really take any issue with the result last night. Gini's goal essentially sealed the tie, we looked tired in the second half: it's a big pitch in Rome and the front six had to get through an absolute pile of running on a hot evening. European ties are weird because the players all have a sense in their own head the entire time of how many ahead / behind they are. With 10 minutes to go we were ahead by three, job done.

Most importantly though, none of this matters now. The objective was to secure our 8th European Cup Final and we did just that.

Looking ahead to the final, we can most definitely say that Ox is a massive loss. Ings and Solanke aren't the same type of option to freshen the front three and / or Gini as that fourth man to freshen the middle three is so much more potent than the prospect of bringing Lallana on. I really hope Clyne starts the next two league games and Lallana starts against Brighton at least mind - we will need those options with some pitch time under their belt for the final.

Looking beyond the final and irrespective of the result, squad depth is clearly an issue. We look threadbare with a few injuries on deck and some of our direct depth either isn't of a dependable quality (Moreno) or of too fundamentally different a style (Ings). That's okay though, to be addressed in the summer.

Ideally we'd get a result at the weekend and get to just bask it in for three whole weeks. But the safety net of Brighton is great to have and we'll have one last shot at redemption in Kiev if it all goes to ****. It's a pretty great place to be all told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

The two things that worry me
    One is the size of the pitch in the final is the exact same as last night, We seemsed to really struggle to get close to each other and there was no connection between the team , Everyone was way to far apart,
    Two is bodies in the middle, with all the injuries we have zero to bring on around the 70 minute mark when our midfield tire, Last night would been so much handier if you had Can and OX coming on for tired legs, It could make the difference in the final , It also why Trent was so isolated, the midfield couldn't get over to cover as the pitch was so big it was killing them and the knew when they where out of gas they had no one to come on for them ,
    We need Adam and maybe Can back for the final just for the last 15 minutes or so ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    If Liverpool win the cup, they'll be the luckiest team to win it, ever. It's true.

Sure Roma were unlucky to have only gotten two soft penalties and not to have given away any of their own.

I just file all this away with the nonsense floating around about how Real aren't a great side this year or the fundamental quality in Europe is down or a team that is 20 points behind in their domestic league doesn't deserve it wah wah blah blah. None of that matters one little bit. We had to go toe to toe with the great irresistible competition faves in the quarters and we beat them like unruly step children. We're here on merit - just as Real had to run a gauntlet of PSG, Juve and Bayern. The two teams who have done the business after Christmas when it counted are there, and we only played Roma because they did the business against Barca to knock them out fair and square.

Every sour comment detracting from that makes me happy tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is it just me or does TAA always have his bad games in that white kit? Utd, Palace and last night.

Sitting here in work listening to a 30 minute loop of Gini's song.....I'm on my second listen :P

• Advertisement

The two things that worry me
    One is the size of the pitch in the final is the exact same as last night, We seemsed to really struggle to get close to each other and there was no connection between the team , Everyone was way to far apart,
    Two is bodies in the middle, with all the injuries we have zero to bring on around the 70 minute mark when our midfield tire, Last night would been so much handier if you had Can and OX coming on for tired legs, It could make the difference in the final , It also why Trent was so isolated, the midfield couldn't get over to cover as the pitch was so big it was killing them and the knew when they where out of gas they had no one to come on for them ,
    We need Adam and maybe Can back for the final just for the last 15 minutes or so ,

Hopefully we will have Can and Lalana back for the final. Even if they are just fit enough to give us 15-20 minutes it'd be a big boost.

I'd also be tempted to bring Clyle in at RB and have TAA available to come in to CM in the second half to freshen things up.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I just file all this away with the nonsense floating around about how Real aren't a great side this year or the fundamental quality in Europe is down or a team that is 20 points behind in their domestic league doesn't deserve it wah wah blah blah. None of that matters one little bit. We had to go toe to toe with the great irresistible competition faves in the quarters and we beat them like unruly step children. We're here on merit - just as Real had to run a gauntlet of PSG, Juve and Bayern. The two teams who have done the business after Christmas when it counted are there, and we only played Roma because they did the business against Barca to knock them out fair and square.

I find it all laughable to be honest. Just sit back and enjoy the great entertainers that Liverpool are.
    If I was a neutral, I'd love seeing the two best teams in this years Champions League make it to the final.
    Hope there's no injuries to either side between now and then, that might take away from the spectacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

LuckyLloyd wrote:

There are enough to fill vineyards in some places. It's the thing keeping me chipper today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hopefully our midfield worries will be a tiny bit better come final time

OwaynOTT wrote: »

Yes, 6 games in the group, 2 games against Porto, 2 games against Man City and 2 against Roma. We just got through those 12 games on luck.

Scoring 17 goals in the 3 knockout rounds is just amazing good fortune.

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, 6 games in the group, 2 games against Porto, 2 games against Man City and 2 against Roma. We just got through those 12 games on luck.

Scoring 17 goals in the 3 knockout rounds is just amazing good fortune.

I think you missed the sarcasm :pac:

• Advertisement

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think you missed the sarcasm :pac:

Maybe I did!:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

No body likes us awwwww it must mean the team are doing something good on the pitch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

A worry I would have is we are tiring in games.

Conceded 2 goals in the last 10 mins in 3 games recently Roma twice & West Brom.
    The Europa final in 2016 we ran out of gas after 60 mins.

In the final we probably might need to conserve energy a bit but we will have 2 weeks to prepare for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The hate from other teams is great to have again, I remember the almost pity other teams had for us when Roy was in charge, I never want that again!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

MD1990 wrote: »
    A worry I would have is we are tiring in games.

Conceded 2 goals in the last 10 mins in 3 games recently Roma twice & West Brom.
    The Europa final in 2016 we ran out of gas after 60 mins.

In the final we probably might need to conserve energy a bit but we will have 2 weeks to prepare for it.

Klopp (like most) clearly doesn't rate the bench either as he left it very late to make changes.
    Squad looked shattered tired but most play every game whereas Madrid & Bayern made about 9 or 10 changes in the league last weekend we made 2 or 3 as the squad is barebones from the midfield up.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement