Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

The two things that worry me
    One is the size of the pitch in the final is the exact same as last night, We seemsed to really struggle to get close to each other and there was no connection between the team , Everyone was way to far apart,,

Stadio Olimpico - 105m x 68m.

Anfield - 101m x 68m.

Half the pitches in the premier league are the same or bigger than last night's one.

It's one of those 'easy to throw out there' observations/comments that don't hold much water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Hopefully there is some good news with Sean Cox soon. There was talk of taking him out of induced coma but have heard nothing since. Really hope he pulls through.
    Imagine them telling him whats happened since those F*&$ers attacked him-

-We went 5 up and won 5-2,
    -Your jersey was in the Anfield dressing room,
    -We lost the return 4-2,
    -The players celebrated getting to the final with a flag with your name on it,
    -Klopp dedicated getting to the final to you

Would love to see back on his feet in full health, with his family attending the final and the camera panning to him in the crowd. C'mon Sean YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

MD1990 wrote: »
    A worry I would have is we are tiring in games.

Conceded 2 goals in the last 10 mins in 3 games recently Roma twice & West Brom.
    The Europa final in 2016 we ran out of gas after 60 mins.

In the final we probably might need to conserve energy a bit but we will have 2 weeks to prepare for it.

2 dodgy pens V Roma at the end of each game and one of the WBA goals came from a dodgy free kick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

spockety wrote: »
    The two things that worry me
    One is the size of the pitch in the final is the exact same as last night, We seemsed to really struggle to get close to each other and there was no connection between the team , Everyone was way to far apart,,

Stadio Olimpico - 105m x 68m.

Anfield - 101m x 68m.

Half the pitches in the premier league are the same or bigger than last night's one.

It's one of those 'easy to throw out there' observations/comments that don't hold much water.
    That's pod Klopp himself mentioned the size of the pitch ,
    Even watching it looked huge , I wonder at that level does 5 meter's make more of a difference than one would think,
    I suppose a  reason could be the fact Roma's defence sat so so deep and played long balls that the game looked more stretched than normal and gave the impression of a massive pitch, As they didn't move as unit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

That is the worst I have felt after a big win in a long time.

I'm sorry and saddened to say - but all our concerns about Klopp and his ability to resolve our issues - have all come back to haunt me.

I don't understand ?

Are you a Liverpool fan or not ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

ERG89 wrote: »
    Klopp (like most) clearly doesn't rate the bench either as he left it very late to make changes.
    Squad looked shattered tired but most play every game whereas Madrid & Bayern made about 9 or 10 changes in the league last weekend we made 2 or 3 as the squad is barebones from the midfield up.

Yes, but worth remembering that with Ox, lalana, and Can out, the whole backup midfield is gone. Solanke and Ings have had limited opportunities, but truly have they really made the most of the opportunities.... Probably not.

The 2 week break before the CL final will be critical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

sideswipe wrote: »
    Hopefully there is some good news with Sean Cox soon. There was talk of taking him out of induced coma but have heard nothing since. Really hope he pulls through.
    Imagine them telling him whats happened since those F*&$ers attacked him-

-We went 5 up and won 5-2,
    -Your jersey was in the Anfield dressing room,
    -We lost the return 4-2,
    -The players celebrated getting to the final with a flag with your name on it,
    -Klopp dedicated getting to the final to you

Would love to see back on his feet in full health, with his family attending the final and the camera panning to him in the crowd. C'mon Sean YNWA

It'll mean so much to him to hear about the support from fellow fans and even more what the club, manager and players have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two weeks off between the Brighton game and the final I wouldn’t worry about them tiring in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Wow.

Through to another Champions League final, who woulda thought it!! Its a great time to be a Liverpool fan. Anything is possible in a few weeks time.

There is great character in this team. They dont like doing things the easy way but sure where is the fun in that! As Dunphy said last night, old Liverpool teams with the likes of Graeme Souness would have come out with a 0-0 last night but who cares?? This is a team with their own identity and 0-0 certainly isnt in their DNA!!

£75m on Van Dijk has already proved to be money well spent.

Robertson, what a bargain!

I think every team would love to have Henderson & Milner in their team. Not the flashiest but by God they give every ounce they have. Absolute model pro's and especially delighted for our captain who might start to get the credit he deserves.

Wijnaldum has been very impressive over the 2 legs also and thats not to even mention that smile. Would be worth winning it just for that alone!!

The videos of TAA & Woodburn celebrating with the fans on their own was class. 2 local young lads living the dream. Amazing!!

Mane had a very very good game. Whilst the other 2 of the greatest attacking trio of all time were not involved as much as usual, Mane was our go to guy. He was the one who was driving at Roma and putting them on the back foot. He obviously has taken a bit of a back seat this season compared to Salah & Firmino but he is every bit as important and integral to the way we play.

I know at a time like this it is a bit petty and childish to think of a rival but I cant help smile when I think how Man Utd fans must be feeling. The majority will never admit it and in doing so will point to their 2nd place in the table and FA cup but they are jealous as f**k of us right now. And I'm not just talking about our impending trip to Kiev, I'm talking about our style, our attacking intent, our lack of desire to park the bus, our likeable players (maybe I'm just biased on that one) but most of all our Manager and his big personality, his big smile, his big mop of hair and even those great big hugs! Show me a Man Utd fan who says they would pick Mourinho over Klopp and I'll show you a f**king liar!!

We are blessed to have him as our manager. He just gets the city, the club, the fans and the players and we all get him. The team completely personifies the manager. Energetic, in your face, full of character and belief, committed, hardworking and a bit of x-factor. What more can a fan ask for from their team??

I'm sorry and I hate to do it but now for the mandatory negative bit.....

The team looks a bit tired. I just hope we can come away from Stamford Bridge with a draw that should be enough for a champions league spot that will give 3 weeks to prepare for Madrid and allow the players to regain a bit of freshness. Its been a long season for a thin squad and hopefully they can maintain their very high standards for another few weeks.

Despite playing very well at times throughout the campaign, last night confirmed to me that if we want push on and build on this and target the league we have to find upgrades on Karius and Lovren. Also looking at our bench FSG need to invest more in the squad.

I fully agree that we have more than enough firepower to get at a shaky Real defence but I think some people are forgetting that the same theory could be applied the opposite way around. We looked very nervy last night and understandably so. It was the biggest game of their career for most of the players if not all. But if they are that nervy with a 3 goal headstart, I cant imagine how nervous they will be before the final. Madrid maybe ageing but that means they have all the experience and the occasion obviously will not faze them. I feel that there is a chance that unless we drastically improve defensively from last night Madrid could do to us what we have done so often this year and blitz us and the game could be out of our reach before we know it. However conversely I do think that Madrid will underestimate us and you do that at your peril!!

Anyway less of that negative thought, we are going to batter them 5-0, Salah hattrick and one each for Mane & Bobby! Ah who am I kidding, we will definitely concede one, so a consolation for Ronaldo; 5-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    While I felt the concession of the two late goals in the first leg spoiled it a bit because it amounted to a flat out loss of concentration against a beaten side; I don't really take any issue with the result last night. Gini's goal essentially sealed the tie, we looked tired in the second half: it's a big pitch in Rome and the front six had to get through an absolute pile of running on a hot evening. European ties are weird because the players all have a sense in their own head the entire time of how many ahead / behind they are. With 10 minutes to go we were ahead by three, job done.

Bang on.

the amount of rival fans today who are reveling in the fact we 'almost threw it away', without one iota of context to what happened last night is loltastic.

if that was a one off game last night, I'm confident we'd have beaten them. it's the psychology of being 3 goals up that fúcks with you. as Robertson alluded to after the game, when they're throwing 6 or 7 men up front for every attack, it's tricky. if your front 3 don't score from most attacks, your defence will naturally be under pressure.

yet we still needed a freak OG from a hapless Lovren, an horrendous mistake by TAA and terrible, cowardly defending from Lovren, and a bullshít penalty to let in 3 of the goals on the night.

Liverpool/Real is going to be a cracker, and every rival fan is supremely jealous of us right now. enjoy it. it'll ultimately mean nothing if we don't win, but we're in the most important game in club football on May 26th. we'll be playing for the biggest prize while everyone else is on the beach.

fúcking 'ave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Flights are crazy, I looked at them a week ago when I was considering it,, I presume that they are much more expensive now

I have priced a charter in that morning straight out after the match 140k for 148 seater think I could fill it no bother

Flights are crazy, I looked at them a week ago when I was considering it,, I presume that they are much more expensive now

I have priced a charter in that morning straight out after the match 140k for 148 seater think I could fill it no bother
    It that both ways ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Fired on a bit of weight lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Like last summer the most important thing klopp can do is sign a top class keeper. I hope he doesn't make the sane mistake twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I just file all this away with the nonsense floating around about how Real aren't a great side this year or the fundamental quality in Europe is down or a team that is 20 points behind in their domestic league doesn't deserve it wah wah blah blah. None of that matters one little bit. We had to go toe to toe with the great irresistible competition faves in the quarters and we beat them like unruly step children. We're here on merit - just as Real had to run a gauntlet of PSG, Juve and Bayern. The two teams who have done the business after Christmas when it counted are there, and we only played Roma because they did the business against Barca to knock them out fair and square.

Every sour comment detracting from that makes me happy tbh.

It's mad, we're breaking records for goals scored in a CL season. We have players like Bobby and Milner breaking CL records (first player to get at least 7 assists and 7 goals, most assists). It's been a remarkable campaign.

We put in an unbelievable performance against a City side which looked unbeatable, possibly the most expensively assembled team ever, the team everyone thought would win it.

They haven't got here by parking the bus and riding their luck, they've done it by playing electrifying attacking football and working their bollocks' off.

Doing it with with a supposed-journeymen cast off from City, a £10m left back from a relegated team who was one season away from giving up on football just 4 years ago and a 19 year old kid from the academy being key elements of the the team. Surely that's admirable and the type of stories we love in sport? Players who 2 years ago could never have dreamed they were soon to play in the biggest match in club football.

As much as I dislike them, Madrid have rode their luck but have ultimately come through against the leaders in France, Italy and Germany, so you have to say they have earned their place in the final. They were second best for much of the Munich game but ultimately you can't make glaring mistakes against Madrid at that stage of the competition and Munich did that. And Madrid punished them.

It should be a dream final for the neutrals, the most entertaining and free scoring team of the season vs the team going for a remarkable 3 in a row.

A team brimming with young talent vs a team with some of the most established winners in the game.

Two European giants.

It's the dream final for the neutral football fan, both teams have earned it and whoever does the business in Kiev will undoubtedly deserve to be crowned champions, there's no disputing that.

It that both ways ?

Yeah no need for accommodation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

redzerdrog wrote: »
    The hate from other teams is great to have again, I remember the almost pity other teams had for us when Roy was in charge, I never want that again!

just have to reply to those with this

tenor.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Glad to see Blue Moon getting a mention, I'm increasingly thinking about registering if Liverpool win and taunting them about being so rich and yet so poor.

That would be very juvenile wouldn't it? :)

Like last summer the most important thing klopp can do is sign a top class keeper. I hope he doesn't make the sane mistake twice.

Who, though, is going to be a 100% guaranteed upgrade on Karius, given the way that we set up? We got a good long look at Alisson, and there's no way I'd want us dropping £50mil or so on someone who is no improvement at all.

I love the way Klopp has us playing, but it's not entirely without downsides. It'll be thankless for any keeper in our setup.

• Advertisement

Real are a good side but lets not forget Spurs beat them 3-0 , they lost 3-1 at home to a Juve team missing there best player, They are not unbeatable .,

Glad to see Blue Moon getting a mention, I'm increasingly thinking about registering if Liverpool win and taunting them about being so rich and yet so poor.

That would be very juvenile wouldn't it? :)

Very juvenile but brilliant

Very juvenile but brilliant

It's be a screed on how you can buy a league but not the European Cup.

Some of them are quite stupid as well
    As much as I hate the delusional hypocritical vermin, they took their chances. Roma gifted them both goals, so they can’t blame anyone else. I really hope RM hand them their arses in KIEV.
    some how I don’t think the scummy vermin will cause any trouble in Kiev as the Russian Ultras will no doubt there to give them a taste of things to come.

Morzadec wrote: »
    It's the dream final for the neutral football fan, both teams have earned it and whoever does the business in Kiev will undoubtedly deserve to be crowned champions, there's no disputing that.

but our defence is crap, and it's the worst quality Champions League in memory.

:pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Good thing is that we'll have nearly 2 full weeks to prepare for the final after our last league game. Madrid will have 6 days

ITV Reporter: Could’ve been a couple of red cards and penalties against you.

Van Dijk: Who cares?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

redzerdrog wrote: »
    The hate from other teams is great to have again, I remember the almost pity other teams had for us when Roy was in charge, I never want that again!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056583746

Quite the read. During 2009 - 2013 we were told we were a mid table club and there was so much disingenuous 'oh I really respect Liverpool and it's better when they're challenging us but I'm worried about where they're headed' concern trolling floating about.

I'll be honest: I never doubted that this is where the club should be. Houllier and Benitez got us back challenging for and winning European trophies and up the table consistently; the assertions that the likes of Spurs had usurped us for good were always ludicrous. I think FSG have - to their credit - understood that. I don't think they would ever have given the job to Hodgson and they were put in a difficult position with Kenny when his caretaker period went much better than expected.

Under FSG the club has risen back to its rightful place of competing for the European Cup and back up the table. We fell just short on a title challenge. Another challenge will come in time. Commercially we now are in a very solid position with the value of the club significantly increased over the past 8 years and revenue streams much more robust.

This a great time to reflect on the great progress made and enjoy a review of the awful takes when we were at a lower ebb. :)

Quite the read. During 2009 - 2013 we were told we were a mid table club and there was so much disingenuous 'oh I really respect Liverpool and it's better when they're challenging us but I'm worried about where they're headed' concern trolling floating about.

I'll be honest: I never doubted that this is where the club should be. Houllier and Benitez got us back challenging for and winning European trophies and up the table consistently; the assertions that the likes of Spurs had usurped us for good were always ludicrous. I think FSG have - to their credit - understood that. I don't think they would ever have given the job to Hodgson and they were put in a difficult position with Kenny when his caretaker period went much better than expected.

Under FSG the club has risen back to its rightful place of competing for the European Cup and back up the table. We fell just short on a title challenge. Another challenge will come in time. Commercially we now are in a very solid position with the value of the club significantly increased over the past 8 years and revenue streams much more robust.

This a great time to reflect on the great progress made and enjoy a review of the awful takes when we were at a lower ebb. :)

Brilliant. Love those old threads !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

murpho999 wrote: »
    Maybe I did!:pac:

No, I was dead serious.

London and Manchester combined 8 European cup finals
    Liverpool and Everton combined 8 European cup finals😂😂

Loved this from Klopp by the way.

"Maybe we should start winning..."

Sums up the mentality that has been brought back to the club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Also, we have one of the best young midfielders in Europe joining us in the summer. For the first time in a long time, I truly expect our squad to end the summer transfer window in better shape. No major outs, just the purchases we need.

I can't wait to see Keita in the PL tbh.

That’s the beauty of Klopp you can’t not like him even Utd fans like him and it kills them 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm glad the club were cheap skates and bought Milner on a free a few years back. What a player, I've said so many times someone else will come in and replace him but he's undroppable again. LB, LW, RW, MF put him anywhere and he gives 100%. He's like a Dirk Kuyt

I love, love, love hearing mewling from fans of kips of clubs about how we're a mid-table, small club... that's just reached its 5th European final since the turn of the century.

IM worried about Sunday a lot of the lads look shattered,
    Salah also looks like he needs a rest , so praying for at least a draw cause don't want to be like last season waiting for a win on the last day, We'd a bit of luck last year Lovren could have been sent off early eventually leaving it to the last game will back fire

Knex. wrote: »
    Also, we have one of the best young midfielders in Europe joining us in the summer. For the first time in a long time, I truly expect our squad to end the summer transfer window in better shape. No major outs, just the purchases we need.

I can't wait to see Keita in the PL tbh.

If we kept Can we'd have loads of options in midfield.

Henderson, Milner, Wij, Can, Lalana, Ox and Kieta. If Can goes obviously one more would be a benefit unless Klopp sees TAA filling in there next season?

Squad next season could be like this

Karius, (New)
    Clyne, (TAA)
    New, (Lovern)
    VVD, (Klavan)
    Robertson, (New)
    Kieta, (Wij)
    Henderson, (Milner)
    Ox, (Lalana)
    Salah,
    Firmino,
    Mane.

Obviously I left out Can because it looks like he's leaving. Moreno, Ings and Gomez, along with the younger players haven't been included either but they will get game time as well.

That’s the beauty of Klopp you can’t not like him even Utd fans like him and it kills them 😂

Apparently some of them do not:
    AidoEirE wrote: »
    Id wait till the final, and their standing in the league table at the end of the season, as they can still go 5th (cant see it happen)

I cant stand klopp, whiney son of a bitch that gets away with acting the bollix on the touchline to much.
    But wont begrudge and fair dues to them, as much as us lot dont like them, they did what they had to do and are in the final of the best competition in football.

Dont think they'll win it with Reals depth in squad and having a weak side of defence with TAA and Lovren.

Emphasis mine.

Apparently some of them do not:
    AidoEirE wrote: »
    Id wait till the final, and their standing in the league table at the end of the season, as they can still go 5th (cant see it happen)

I cant stand klopp, whiney son of a bitch that gets away with acting the bollix on the touchline to much.
    But wont begrudge and fair dues to them, as much as us lot dont like them, they did what they had to do and are in the final of the best competition in football.

Dont think they'll win it with Reals depth in squad and having a weak side of defence with TAA and Lovren.

Emphasis mine.
    Don't you love United fans giving out about Klopps antics when there manger is Jose he's had more touchline antics than anyone,
    Made his name running the length of old Trafford at Porto, Ran around the Barca pitch like a loon,  Poke's Barca manger and cancer patient Tito in the eye, Blames that female doctor for a defeat and sacks her,  just a few of his crazy moment's and they can't stand Jurgen haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hilarious stuff on the utd thread, they are ****ting it absolutely bricking it clutching at straws left right and center, pinning their hopes on LFC losing the final on a player that deserted them and practically claiming him as their own , obsession is an understatment.

Win lose or draw i am immensely proud of getting to the CL final.
    If we win it absolutely fantsatic, if we lose so be it , it will hurt but backed up with immense pride, 2nd only to this current Real Madrid team is a massive achievement.

Still think they will not be able to deal with our 3 lads up top, they can only play one way and if they do play that way we are an even greater threat, bring it on, cant wait !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

TitianGerm wrote: »
    If we kept Can we'd have loads of options in midfield.

Henderson, Milner, Wij, Can, Lalana, Ox and Kieta. If Can goes obviously one more would be a benefit unless Klopp sees TAA filling in there next season?

Squad next season could be like this

Karius, (New)
    Clyne, (TAA)
    New, (Lovern)
    VVD, (Klavan)
    Robertson, (New)
    Kieta, (Wij)
    Henderson, (Milner)
    Ox, (Lalana)
    Salah,
    Firmino,
    Mane.

Obviously I left out Can because it looks like he's leaving. Moreno, Ings and Gomez, along with the younger players haven't been included either but they will get game time as well.

You’ve left out Joel too, I still think he can do a job for us. I’d keep all of our current centre backs unless a big name becomes available, then I’d let Lovren go. A big name being someone like Stefan de Vrij, Jonathan Tah or Kalidou Koulibaly. The last one is hugely optimistic but we’re a big club again and Klopp is a big draw. Himself and Virgil in defence would be the best centre back pairing in the league, hands down.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Hilarious stuff on the utd thread, they are ****ting it absolutely bricking it clutching at straws left right and center, pinning their hopes on LFC losing the final on a player that deserted them and practically claiming him as their own , obsession is an understatment.

Win lose or draw i am immensely proud of getting to the CL final.
    If we win it absolutely fantsatic, if we lose so be it , it will hurt but backed up with immense pride, 2nd only to this current Real Madrid team is a massive achievement.

Still think they will not be able to deal with our 3 lads up top, they can only play one way and if they do play that way we are an even greater threat, bring it on, cant wait !!!

Does it matter what's said over there? Both Liverpool and United have had good seasons, United have second and an FA Cup Final whereas were in the CL Final and Top 4 is in our own hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

OMG we are the final! :) First and foremost.

Last night was so difficult to enjoy seeing Liverpool get to the Champions League final for the first time in 11 years. Back where we belong.

But Jesus did RTE put some dampener on it. Like massively. It started off with Ronnie Whelan and his constant moaning and negative talk for the entirety of the 90 mins. It was full on capitulation talk, willing Roma to score, calling every decision in favour of Roma. Negative, moaning not stop. It was hard to enjoy the match and actually hard to enjoy the nervousness of the onslaught from Roma in the last 20 minutes!

Then post final whistle, we are cut straight away from the on-field reaction so we miss all of the players celebrating. No, we get an ad break instead. Ad break finishes and do we get reaction from the field now? No. instead we get 30 minutes of more slating, negative, moaning talk about how crap Liverpool are and how lucky they are to be in a final. How the defense is poor, how they will get exposed etc. Talking about refereeing decisions and all this Roma talk and how Lovren and Karius will get found out.

For 30 minutes after being told we got to a European Cup final, we had to endure this. I had some friends watching on BT and they were treated to extended celebrations on the field by the players and fans alike. Interviews with all the ecstatic players and then showed Henderson going into the Liverpool fans in search of the Sean Cox banner, an Irishman.

Did RTE show any of the goals that Liverpool scored or any attacks during the game? NO
    Did RTE show any post-match celebrations by the Liverpool players? NO
    Did RTE show the Liverpool players going to find the banner for the Irishman Sean Cox? NO (the showed a picture instead at the very end of the show)
    Did RTE show any interviews with players after the match? NO (they showed the generic Klopp one at the end of the show)

I understand that they have to do analysis but jesus christ last night was up there with the worst show of s***e I have ever seen from them. Disgrace. Not one bit of positivity or elation at all for a team to get into a European Cup final.

RTE actually ruined what should have been a joyous night for me, and I presume many others.

Oh and for anyone that can't go to Kiev, Dublin Port -> Liverpool via Holyhead sail & rail is €47 on the Saturday morning. Fly Liverpool -> Shannon on Monday for around €50. It's a bank holiday in the UK.

martyos121 wrote: »
    You’ve left out Joel too, I still think he can do a job for us. I’d keep all of our current centre backs unless a big name becomes available, then I’d let Lovren go. A big name being someone like Stefan de Vrij, Jonathan Tah or Kalidou Koulibaly. The last one is hugely optimistic but we’re a big club again and Klopp is a big draw. Himself and Virgil in defence would be the best centre back pairing in the league, hands down.

Jesus I did, completely forgot about him. Between him, Lovern and Klavan we'd have plenty of back up there as well if we did buy another CB.

FitzShane wrote: »
    OMG we are the final! :) First and foremost.

Last night was so difficult to enjoy seeing Liverpool get to the Champions League final for the first time in 11 years. Back where we belong.

But Jesus did RTE put some dampener on it. Like massively. It started off with Ronnie Whelan and his constant moaning and negative talk for the entirety of the 90 mins. It was full on capitulation talk, willing Roma to score, calling every decision in favour of Roma. Negative, moaning not stop. It was hard to enjoy the match and actually hard to enjoy the nervousness of the onslaught from Roma in the last 20 minutes!

Then post final whistle, we are cut straight away from the on-field reaction so we miss all of the players celebrating. No, we get an ad break instead. Ad break finishes and do we get reaction from the field now? No. instead we get 30 minutes of more slating, negative, moaning talk about how crap Liverpool are and how lucky they are to be in a final. How the defense is poor, how they will get exposed etc. Talking about refereeing decisions and all this Roma talk and how Lovren and Karius will get found out.

For 30 minutes after being told we got to a European Cup final, we had to endure this. I had some friends watching on BT and they were treated to extended celebrations on the field by the players and fans alike. Interviews with all the ecstatic players and then showed Henderson going into the Liverpool fans in search of the Sean Cox banner, an Irishman.

Did RTE show any of the goals that Liverpool scored or any attacks during the game? NO
    Did RTE show any post-match celebrations by the Liverpool players? NO
    Did RTE show the Liverpool players going to find the banner for the Irishman Sean Cox? NO (the showed a picture instead at the very end of the show)
    Did RTE show any interviews with players after the match? NO (they showed the generic Klopp one at the end of the show)

I understand that they have to do analysis but jesus christ last night was up there with the worst show of s***e  I have ever seen from them. Disgrace. Not one bit of positivity or elation at all for a team to get into a European Cup final.

RTE actually ruined what should have been a joyous night for me, and I presume many others.

Oh and for anyone that can't go to Kiev, Dublin Port -> Liverpool via Holyhead sail & rail is €47 on the Saturday morning. Fly Liverpool -> Shannon on Monday for around €50. It's a bank holiday in the UK.
    I noticed Whelan alright,
    It was the 75 minute and Liverpool where 3 ahead and he was saying Liverpool really need to score here hahaha,
     He really let the nerves of being a fan get to him , In reality at 75 minutes 3 goals up they where flying nothing to be nervous about ,

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Does it matter what's said over there? Both Liverpool and United have had good seasons, United have second and an FA Cup Final whereas were in the CL Final and Top 4 is in our own hands.

I rarely go on there but someone in this thread quoted something from there i knew it would be funny to take a look ,, and it was :D

I have no doubt if Utd fans were given a choice Liverpool/ Utd both win their cup finals or both lose them they would take the latter option

To be fair, Dunphy did say at the end that it was great for them to be there and also that the squad had some great pros, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's gas how they seem to think that Ronaldo is still one of them.

When players leave Liverpool they're gone as far as I'm concerned, no matter how good they were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,103 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

To be fair, Dunphy did say at the end that it was great for them to be there and also that the squad had some great pros, etc.

30 mins of negativity vs a one liner about how Milner & Henderson are good pros. Not balanced at all.

Where was all the celebrations being shown, or any player reaction? It was like watching a funeral of Liverpool football club. You wouldn't think they were after winning a CL semi final at all.

• Advertisement

RTE's football presentation is remarkably tired, they really just don't care much about what they do. I also suspect they know they will not have CL football in the next deal even though nothing has been tendered yet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement