Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'm contrary enough to want to give Origi another chance assuming two of the current three (Sturridge/Ings/Solanke) go and AN Other is bought as a wide attacker/second striker/No10 so the front end would be

Salah/Firmino/Mane
    NEW/Origi/Ings(Solanke)
    Wilson

plus Brewster/Woodburn if they don't end up at Rangers on loan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We have England's most naturally gifted striker on our books sign him up to a new contract surely his injuries won't get any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

I'm contrary enough to want to give Origi another chance assuming two of the current three (Sturridge/Ings/Solanke) go and AN Other is bought as a wide attacker/second striker/No10 so the front end would be

Salah/Firmino/Mane
    NEW/Origi/Ings(Solanke)
    Wilson

plus Brewster/Woodburn if they don't end up at Rangers on loan :)

Fair enough Harry, he's on £35k pw which certainly isn't taking the piss and I'm definitely all for having the kids spend time within the senior squad but I'd let the other 3 go - Sturridge is a spent force, I think his head is gone and he is definitely not suited to Klopps all inclusive football, personally love Ings but we got to let him go to find his level with another team and get consistent starts and Solanke I'm just ambivalent about.

Respect your opinion Harry and I'm probably just taking my hangover out on banging the same drum again and again, but I really want to see us put down a marker for next season in that we don't sell our best, we will sell our also rans and will only, only buy either proven quality or the best of the most exciting talent out there and no more 'well they might do' Rickie Lambert types or have a bench where the drop in quality is not just apparent but also completely unacceptable. Ok, rant over, time for a bacon buttie and a nap...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

We have England's most naturally gifted striker on our books sign him up to a new contract surely his injuries won't get any worse.

Swap deal for Harry Kane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I wouldn't be Sturridge's biggest fan and I've made my feelings about him known several times but he absolutely deserves a medal should we win. 100%

• Advertisement

Absolutely anyone who played a part in us reaching the final including Coutinho and the players out on loan now deserve a medal be that a runners up medal or a winners medal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

klose wrote: »
    I doubt anyone would prefer ings/solanke to origi. He hasn't pulled up trees in Germany, in fact you'd say its been disappointing his goals return but I imagine klopp and origi spoke pre season and klopp says bar an injury Firmino starts every game and you get games here and there and probably be first sub and they both decided a loan was best for origi.
    In fairness to Origi he hasn't done badly considering how bad Wolfsburg have become. They are currently under their third manager for the season and Origi is their second top scorer with 5 goals in 20 starts. For the first half of the season he operated primarily as a wide player.

Wolfsburg are brutal, since Gerhardt got injured in February they have no steel in the team. Their game against Hoffenheim was like watching Liverpool in the last days of Rodgers. They couldn't get the ball forward because Hoffenheim kept pressure on their midfield and defenders and they were devoid of ideas. The manager's solution was to sacrifice Origi for another body in midfield after about 40 minutes, that didn't work so 15 minutes into the second half the replacement was replaced with a centre forward. They lost the game 3-0 and the goalkeeper was their best player.

For those that have forgotten Origi this is what you may have missed:
    https://twitter.com/Wolfsburg__UK/status/982644559225159680

He has the required skill and I think he can definitely do a job at Liverpool given an opportunity but the issue remains will he get enough minutes on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd imagine Ings and Sturridge so.

Maybe loan Solanke.

So I'd get a class forward in and then have Origi as backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Now that we are firing on all cylinders, origi might slot in nicely. The quality around him would allow him to fulfill his potential. It wasn't like that when he was here earlier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If we win the Champions League, I'm fully expecting Coutinho to go peak John Terry and turn up in a full Liverpool kit to collect his medal!

He could also have a word with Salah about how great it is in Barcelona... :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Less talk of medals till it's won lads. Players would prefer bin their runner up medals anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I know he's just won La Liga and will go on to win many more trophys with that horrible shower but you have to think he's kicking himself he didn't stay until the Summer.

La liga was pretty much won before he got there. Hardly the same as earning it yourself through hard fought battles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Watching Swansea and Bournemouth. Why have we never gone for Begovic? Great keeper and would not cost the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

ballyargus wrote: »
    Watching Swansea and Bournemouth. Why have we never gone for Begovic? Great keeper and would not cost the world

Because he isn't very good consistently.

There is a reason he plays with Bournemouth and played with Stoke and was second choice at Chelsea for the two seasons he was there.

A good keeper however not good enough for teams want to compete at the highest level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Hello.....

Well now.

Aye, way too much hypotheticals about who would get medal.

Say the other team threads are beside themselves.

Darren Moore will have the freedom of West Bromwich if this is 'the great escape' v2

• Advertisement

Darren Moore will have the freedom of West Bromwich if this is 'the great escape' v2

Everyone else needs to get nothing in their last 2/3 games tho. Can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

noodler wrote: »

Not necessarily - West Brom have one game left, if they win they're on 34 points. If Swansea get only 1 point from their 2 games, WBA finish ahead of them. If Southampton get only 1 point from their remaining 3 games, WBA finish ahead of them.

Even if Southampton get 2 points, there could still be a GD swing which would put them in trouble if they lose the one game heavily enough or if WBA win theirs by a few etc.

In 5 minutes Everton will roll over to gift Mark Hughes 3 points and West Brom will be relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So Stoke gone and WBA doing us a favour by beating Spurs

A draw tomorrow and we can breath a sigh of relief and wait to see if Spurs feck it up.

Aye, way too much hypotheticals about who would get medal.

Say the other team threads are beside themselves.

Why? They're in the final so they're going to get a medal either way.

Maybe he looks great because that is his level. Bogdan was eye catching when he played for Bolton. Mignolet had impressive performances for Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Talisman wrote: »
    Maybe he looks great because that is his level. Bogdan was eye catching when he played for Bolton. Mignolet had impressive performances for Sunderland.

Begovic has made loads of mistakes this season, and typically made lots of mistakes when he played for Chelsea. He's a decent keeper, but he would only be a bench player at a big club.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Not gonna happen but that's some record since Moore took over - no loses, beat Utd and Newcastle away and now Spurs. Have to imagine that they'll be able to bounce back to the PL in a year - fair play to him and nice to see Stoke finally put in their place. Fair dues to Woy too, managed to scrape Palace off the floor - not my favourite team or manager, but it's still an achievement....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Dare I say it? This is shaping up to be an alright weekend...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,660 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Lukker- wrote: »
    Begovic has made loads of mistakes this season, and typically made lots of mistakes when he played for Chelsea. He's a decent keeper, but he would only be a bench player at a big club.
    I liked the look of the Brighton keeper , just on last night.

Stay away from lower sides who have busy keepers - top sides have stoppers who might have two things to do all game and does them well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Misery for both Husky Samuel and Home & Away's Ailsa Stewart, nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Poor old Fergie's not well, rumored that hes in a coma and will have surgery to release pressure on the brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Poor old Fergie's not well, rumored that hes in a coma and will have surgery to release pressure on the brain.

Bane of most of my years of football fandom but always sad to hear stuff like this. Seems to be in a bad way. Is he mid-70's? Reminds you of the never-ending march of time which will catch us all one day, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Damien360

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Charlie19 wrote: »

Bane of most of my years of football fandom but always sad to hear stuff like this. Seems to be in a bad way. Is he mid-70's? Reminds you of the never-ending march of time which will catch us all one day, unfortunately.

That's a bit sudden. He looked in very good spirits giving Wenger his send off just before the recent Man Utd vs Arsenal game. Hope he pulls through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Damien360 wrote: »
    That's a bit sudden. He looked in very good spirits giving Wenger his send off just before the recent Man Utd vs Arsenal game. Hope he pulls through.

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking, he looked in great form.

You just don't know what's around the corner.

Hopefully the surgery goes well and he makes a recovery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Best wishes to him, hope he pulls through.

Seems it was a brain hemorrhage. You could look as fit as a fiddle and be dead 5 minutes later with one of those bastards. Never liked him but I wouldn't wish ill on anyone and hope he pulls through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Reminds you of the never-ending march of time which will catch us all one day, unfortunately.
    Too true. It's saddening, he's just a bit older than my Dad, he's 76 according to Sky

• Advertisement

Reminds you of the never-ending march of time which will catch us all one day, unfortunately.

Pffft.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Knex. wrote: »
    Dare I say it? This is shaping up to be an alright weekend...

Great timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

If anyone can bully more added time out of the Reaper, it's Alex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

corwill wrote: »
    If anyone can bully more added time out of the Reaper, it's Alex.

Superb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Club statement sending support to Fergie. Nice to see.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/announcements/300923-liverpool-fc-sir-alex-ferguson
    The thoughts of everyone at Liverpool Football Club are with Sir Alex Ferguson and his family following the news that the former Manchester United manager is ill in hospital.

A great rival but also a great friend who supported this club during its most difficult time, it is hoped that Sir Alex will make a full recovery.

In the meantime, the club will offer its full support to Manchester United and also his family.

And this from the echo.

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/992843826359361536

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

anytime I hear Roy Hodgons speak I get angry, I hate him. Sure I've said this before , he has me going around in circles. I hate him.
    probably a nice chap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

My wife's friend pretty much dropped dead in front of her with a brain aneurysm. It's sudden and gets anyone old or young, healthy or unhealthy. Scary stuff.

From a football pov I hate the man but otherwise he's just another sick man who I wish the best to.

Lukker- wrote: »
    You won't get any arguments from me, I wouldn't even consider him or Bogdan bench material for a top tier club.

Give it a few days and the usual sources will start speculating about Jack Butland to Liverpool - another keeper that can pull his team out of the fire on occasion but with questionable decision making and levels of concentration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Is that Luke skywalker interviewing them?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement