Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I love how Liverpool often stop the other English teams from progressing in the CL.

It's like, 'this is not for you'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

‘Littered with his mistakes.’ is just plain wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Salahs finish was sublime. If messi did the same, people would be creaming themselves. If Pogba did it, united fans would think it was the second coming of jesus.

Fantastic to be at this stage and really believe we can go all the way.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

That 5-0 feels like a million years ago now. 3 in a row against these

Both finishes were absolutely perfect.

Firmino had no angle to get that in, and for it to have come from him forcing Walker into a mistake is such a good payoff for his work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Salah would make some hitman, the day of the Jackal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

0XACoes.jpg

Negative_G wrote: »
    Salahs finish was sublime. If messi did the same, people would be creaming themselves. If Pogba did it, united fans would think it was the second coming of jesus.

Fantastic to be at this stage and really believe we can go all the way.

I creamed myself if that counts :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

martyos121 wrote: »
    Stevie thinks Mo is right footed, said he scored on his weaker foot. Yikes. :eek:

Thought he was on about Mane being through on his weak foot?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Will be great to have Hendo back for the semis, we badly missed him tonight. He’s been so under appreciated for too long, thankfully that’s changing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ‘Littered with his mistakes.’ is just plain wrong.

Flapped at two crosses, one of which led to a goal that should have stood. And the first goal he was partly to blame - throwing it out to VVD when told not to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It kinda doesn't matter from here who we get. It's pressure off serious bonus territory and we'll have to beat at least one of Bayern or Madrid.

The absolute worst case scenario is Bayern in the Semis.

Beating Real in a final would be some achievement though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Just hitting me now how much, to use that really overused football cliche, character we showed to come back from a goal down and being played off the pitch to beat the former favourites for the competition at home...

That's one for the half-time bank - if we're down, Klopp can point to what they achieved tonight and tell them, so they can believe, that anything is possible and we've never lost until the final whistle and Cou curses himself for being too impatient to move....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

As offside as he is I would fooking Love Sane in our front three! - Throw 100m at him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Karius made three even four top saves across the two games and committed no significant blunders, sure sometimes he kicks at too low and angle but if that's the worst of his sins then we're blessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Ardent wrote: »
    Flapped at two crosses, one of which led to a goal that should have stood. And the first goal he was partly to blame - throwing it out to VVD when told not to.

He was pretty unlucky for the goal that wasn't given. He got decent contact. It just happened to hit a player and it just happened to be in a place where it could rebound back into the goal.

Get on TV3 NOW! Pep crying about the refs.

• Advertisement

People on about Coutinho, he's our past. Not giving him a thought.

I'm more concerned with how Keita feels, not being left join in January!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Turtyturd wrote: »
    0XACoes.jpg
    For a player who plays out wide looking across the line he is offside way too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'm going for a Liverpool v Roma final.

Roma to squeak past Bayern and Liverpool to knock Real out.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

awec wrote: »
    No way.

If we are honest, we are praying for Roma.

And everyone else will be praying to get us.

What a load of rubbish.

We just beat City 5-1 over 2 legs and have a very potent attack.

No team will want to play us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Get on TV3 NOW! Pep crying about the refs.

I don't see a lot wrong in what he said.

Salah was offside last week.

Goal should not have been disallowed.

He also gave credit to Liverpool.

murpho999 wrote: »
    What a load of rubbish.

We just beat City 5-1 over 2 legs and have a very potent attack.

No team will want to play us.
    Yea you're right, I'm sure Roma would prefer Real Madrid or Bayern Munich instead. :rolleyes:

This place is beyond daft sometimes. People are losing the run of themselves.

"No team will want to play us", a love vacuous sound bite.

Roma just knocked out Barcelona, I'm sure there are some of their supporters coming out with the same rubbish but I bet if you asked the majority of Liverpool fans who they'd want to play Roma is going to be top of that list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Been a long time since Liverpool were feared in Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://twitter.com/anfieldroad/status/983814262450741248

City beating on a Liverpool fan who was in their stand and cheered with Salah scored

Andy's just looking at a ball in the corner of the room and thinking about tackling it.

DacynjRX4AIJSto.jpg

Knex. wrote: »
    People on about Coutinho, he's our past. Not giving him a thought.

I'm more concerned with how Keita feels, not being left join in January!

I'll be as bitter as I want! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Would love to see Phil Coutinho's face right now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Real Madrid are the form team., some outstanding performances this year.

But their defence. They will have sleepless nights with the thought of our front 3 running at them. I wouldn't say no to them.

Roma are obviously the ones to get but they are a capable team but we would certainly fancy ourselves.

Bayern, bucket loads of experience all over the pitch, would prefer not to get them.

A fixed draw sees Real and Bayern in opposite semis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

Liked how Mane was back on his feet looking to keep playing by time Salah scored, most players would have been rolling around looking for penalty

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Real Madrid are the form team., some outstanding performances this year.

But their defence. They will have sleepless nights with the thought of our front 3 running at them. I wouldn't say no to them.

Roma are obviously the ones to get but they are a capable team but we would certainly fancy ourselves.

Bayern, bucket loads of experience all over the pitch, would prefer not to get them.

A fixed draw sees Real and Bayern in opposite semis.
    Roma are the obvious dream draw.

Anyone who says otherwise is off their head on adrenaline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Semi-finals.
    Liverpool to beat Juve.
    Seville to beat Roma.

TAA looks like he's trying to ride the photographer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

https://twitter.com/anfieldroad/status/983814262450741248

City beating on a Liverpool fan who was in their stand and cheered with Salah scored

My brother is at it (in the home fans section) and said he saw around 8 Liverpool fans thrown out after they celebrated Mo’s goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We are the semi's.

Not just that but the way we have done it makes it even sweeter. Scored more goals than anyone else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

For a player who plays out wide looking across the line he is offside way too much.

He was their standout player across the two games though.

I'm in awe at this lad

gqu1sgb495r01.gif

• Advertisement

J Mysterio wrote: »
    He was pretty poor in the first game, but then so were City in general I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

So so happy. Can't remember the last time I felt like this over a football match. I need a lie down now because I feel like I played in that game.

J Mysterio wrote: »

He got passed the ball a lot but he barely did anything with it, Trent with MOTM last week and more interceptions than anyone else on the pitch tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Roma are the obvious dream draw.

Anyone who says otherwise is off their head on adrenaline.

You are partly right Barcelona would have been the perfect draw as they were vulnerable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Andy's just looking at a ball in the corner of the room and thinking about tackling it.

DacynjRX4AIJSto.jpg

Moreno has more tattoos than brain cells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

And?

I don't give a **** about "glamour tie" ffs.

Give me the team we're most likely to beat and we can leave the glamour nonsense to pre-season friendlies.

My point was that every club has earned their spot at this stage so equal respect needs to be shown. We've been arguably the performers of the knockouts so I don't like your suggestion that Bayern, Roma and Real will be dying to draw us in the semis. If they do think we'll be a handy number more fool them.

Roma have shown tonight again they're no mugs so you're insistence we need to draw them makes no sense. They will not be a handy number just like Bayern and Real won't be so **** it, take the most exciting tie available. Would love to draw Real next.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

That's the first time (ever) in 10 or 11 attempts that Liverpool have won away to an English team in European competition. Mad stat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

So so happy. Can't remember the last time I felt like this over a football match. I need a lie down now because I feel like I played in that game.

Was a ball of nerves and tension up until Salah scored. The relief when you realised he'd chipped it in. Jaysus lads. :)

Back in the ****ing house

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

My point was that every club has earned their spot at this stage so equal respect needs to be shown. We've been arguably the performers of the knockouts so I don't like your suggestion that Bayern, Roma and Real will be dying to draw us in the semis. If they do think we'll be a handy number more fool them.

Roma have shown tonight again they're no mugs so you're insistence we need to draw them makes no sense. They will not be a handy number just like Bayern and Real won't be so **** it, take the most exciting tie available. Would love to draw Real next.

100%. Any team that humps Barca 3-0 in a CL knock-out tie is to be respected.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement