Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Weeks rest will do the team good no mid week games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Conte asking where 4 minutes has come from, your players have been booked for wasting time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Moreno on is the ultimate surrender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the **** are they playing at? Stop trying to find Salah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

The last few games have been disappointing to say the least, huge pressure ahead of next Saturday now giving spurs and Chelseas games midweek will be handy for them. Whole team looks flat.

What the **** are they playing at? Stop trying to find Salah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm honestly not seeing this, he's the best player on the team so obviously you'll try to get him the ball but I really don't see this whole "everyone's plan is to give Salah the ball" idea.

It's clear to my eyes at least that Salah is in need of a break even if he doesn't want one. Had the side a rotation option of any quality, he'd still be fresh.

No doubt. Ox & Lallana recent injuries are hurting us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Solanke has the touch of an elephant. Shoite feet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Solanke ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

No problems with the approach or the effort. Just totally gassed after the past few weeks and the injuries. Don't have the focus it energy do execute properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,693 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Most blatant handball of the week

Fcuk Solanke. Never have I seen a less dangerous striker, don’t care what age he is, he’s barely Championship level I’d say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Awful pain in the hoop to let it go down to the last day but that's what 2 points from 9 against West Brom, Stoke and Chelsea will do.

Game of very few chances for either side today but Chelsea took one.

Unlucky virgil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

That game exposed the weaknesses that we all know still exist. We learned nothing new.

We were very comfortable, but let in a sucker punch.

We're pretty poor when we go behind and the other team sits in. We're just no good at it. And Chelsea have no issue sitting deep and countering. And we just don't have Man City's football ability to carve their setup open.

On a side note, Salah's dive was terrible. But I'm sick of refs not copping on to the incessant grabbing and holding.

On an extra side note, Solanke is abysmal. Especially in front of goal.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    Fcuk Solanke. Never have I seen a less dangerous striker, don’t care what age he is, he’s barely Championship level I’d say.

Exhibit A: Danny Ings.

Well that was a load of kak.

So many things wrong with that. Now Brighton will be up for spoiling the party whereas yesterday they probably wouldn't have cared too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

How did we end up in this position? This will be some fcuk up if we don’t win next week.

Exhibit A: Danny Ings.

Danny Ings is a much better player, without a doubt. Maybe not at the level required to play for Liverpool, but a hell of a lot better than Dom.

Ings and Solanke need bombing out be it on loan or sales, to be honest I never understood why the latter was even bought, he goes against everything Liverpool stand for football wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Wheels have come off this past few weeks look very lethargic
    Weeks rest now to Brighton should help

Other distractions and thin squad would not call it a a fcuk up

Well that was a load of kak.

So many things wrong with that. Now Brighton will be up for spoiling the party whereas yesterday they probably wouldn't have cared too much.

Hopefully Rafa will feel similar

Ings and Solanke need bombing out be it on loan or sales, to be honest I never understood why the latter was even bought, he goes against everything Liverpool stand for football wise.

Origi surely is a better option although he wanted to get first team football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Well, that was dire

Well Brighton are safe and have to travel to play City midweek. Hopefully with a week's rest we will be a lot livlier next Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Midfeild and full backs where shocking pass backwards and side ways all day ,
    instead of going backwards to make sure we keep possesion it they would have been bettsr of going for the tuffer pass forward , If Chelsea win it back weve a better chance of catchig them in transition than that durt of playing it across the back four for 10 minutes at a time ,

For the record Karius again with a total cock up trying to save from Hazard he got away with but Every single game he does gis best to make howler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Anfield needs to be rocking next week like it is for champions league nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Never were going to get anything out of that after Wednesday.

Weeks rest to Brighton should be fine.

Remember Chelsea v as Spurs still have to play games as well and there have been some unexpected results this weekend.

• Advertisement

Origi surely is a better option although he wanted to get first team football

Origi's better than the two, yeah, but Origi would be stunted if he only got a few sub appearances this season.

ebbsy wrote: »

Remember Chelsea v as Spurs still have to play games as well and there have been some unexpected results this weekend.

This is something I forgot actually, with spurs throwing points away as well they're now in the race, we only have to finish above one of these to get top 4. Not a fan of relying on the results of others but it's something else to keep an eye on.

Just hope Suarez and Coutinho can do one final favour for us and kick the living shît out of Madrid later. Normally I wouldn’t wish injuries on anyone, but fcuk them. We’ve a sixth European cup to win.

Solanke probably needs to go on loan next season. He's looking like a less talented Andy Carroll at the moment. He's not going to get any better getting 15 minutes here and there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

Klopp's results against the other top 6 sides is much like today's' performance, fairly uninspiring.

W L D

2 4 4

Bad time for mo to go missing in 3 games on the trot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think we can all agree TAA is young and will learn.

The 2ppg won't be achieved this PL season.
    Which is fine considering our CL run.
    Bobby will need 4 goals v Brighton to hit the goal every two games in the league metric.... fingers crossed.

Pity salah couldn't bail us out today, a pt would have been a grand job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Just like last season we need a win at home on final day to secure CL. Annoying we haven't wrapped it up by now but bt Brighton and no-one will give a crap.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just hope Suarez and Coutinho can do one final favour for us and kick the living shît out of Madrid later. Normally I wouldn’t wish injuries on anyone, but fcuk them. We’ve a sixth European cup to win.

I can see Real not caring and resting some players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

I know we're tired, I know our squad is thin, and I know we've made it to the CL Final. But 2 points out of 9 at this stage of the season is very disappointing, and we're putting so much pressure on our last game of the year. Pressure we shouldn't have put on oursevles. Yes, we should beat Brighton at home, but we also shouldn't be in a position to have to!

The team is clearly very tired, not sure if 1 week's rest (or even 3) will be enough.

I can see Real not caring and resting some players

They can’t rest everyone though. The timing of this one is awful for Madrid, Barcelona will want Real to win the Champions League final as much as we will, hopefully they’re at peak bitterness tonight. :)

limnam wrote: »
    Klopp's results against the other top 6 sides is much like today's' performance, fairly uninspiring.

W L D

2 4 4

Bad time for mo to go missing in 3 games on the trot.

Ahh nice of you to visit in peace again, strange there was no coming in peace until we finally lost another game.

Very peaceful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

SlickRic wrote: »
    The front 3 aren't at it.

Chelsea haven't done much at all. Nicked a goal and can now sit in.

Been a bit like that for the last 4 or so matches - including the second leg against Roma.

I suppose the good news is that the EL is a bit easier to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Very tired and lethargic performance. It was no big surprise considering the draining midweek match. It's frustrating that we've not put it to bed by now but that seems to be the Liverpool M.O.

In other news RMC are apparently reporting we've agreed a fee for Fekir (already been denied by his club) and are pursuing Dembele of Barca.

• Advertisement

limnam wrote: »

It was brilliant last season. Just the way it goes sometimes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Frustratingly poor.

We looked devoid of energy for large parts.

Lots of below par performances.

We really need a week to recharge the batteries.

Please bring a comfortable win next week.

Really massive match for the crowd at anfield next week that the don’t start getting jittery or get on the players back if it remains goalless in to the second half really need to get behind the team

SM01 wrote: »
    Very tired and lethargic performance. It was no big surprise considering the draining midweek match. It's frustrating that we've not put it to bed by now but that seems to be the Liverpool M.O.

In other news RMC are apparently reporting we've agreed a fee for Fekir (already been denied by his club) and are pursuing Dembele of Barca.

Dembele? 103m Dembele? :pac:

The talks of Fekir are coming from supposedly reliable sources, and weird that if it is false they'd try spreading these rumours while Liverpool are playing and no fans are paying attention to the news. Rather wait until summer to have to suffer through 3 months of speculation though.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement