Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Benimar wrote: »
    How did we end up in this position? This will be some fcuk up if we don’t win next week.

No squad depth to freshen it up in the league. It's really that simple.

As you saw from Solanke today, and Ings previously, and Moreno...the depth is just not there. If the front 3 are off form and/or are tired, we're snookered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It was brilliant last season. Just the way it goes sometimes.

Liverpool have been unlucky with the scheduling of their "big" games with only 3 not coming after Champions League or international games

Aug 27 V Arsenal (h) - Win after champions league home game
    Sept 9 V Man City (a) - lost after international break
    Oct 14th V Man Utd (h) - draw after international break
    Oct 22nd V Spurs (a) - lost after away champions league game
    Nov 25 V Chelsea (h) - draw after away champions league game
    Dec 22 V Arsenal (a) - draw
    Jan 14 V Man City (h) - win
    Feb 4th V Spurs (h) - draw
    Mar 10th V Man Utd (a) - lost afer home champions league game
    May 6th V Chelsea (a) - lost after away champions league game

but this is the answer to everyone
    giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumours is Fekir is a done deal and his younger brother is also signed to be apart of the academy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The talks of Fekir are coming from supposedly reliable sources, and weird that if it is false they'd try spreading these rumours while Liverpool are playing and no fans are paying attention to the news. Rather wait until summer to have to suffer through 3 months of speculation though.

Hope it's true. Fekir is brilliant. And Klopp knows we need better than Ings and Solanke to rotate in with the front three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The talks of Fekir are coming from supposedly reliable sources, and weird that if it is false they'd try spreading these rumours while Liverpool are playing and no fans are paying attention to the news. Rather wait until summer to have to suffer through 3 months of speculation though.

It would be nice if this was true, our main transfer wrapped up before the window opens

Our CBs need to learn to take the ball right up to the first line of defence. Too often, Lovren and VVD were happy just to play it to the full back for a ball down the line.

Chelsea's players were rarely committed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Fekir is undoubtedly quality, wanted Lemar ahead of him last summer but Fekir has had his best year where Lemar hasn't done much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Holy sh1t they would be some transfers if they really are done.

Dembele former BVB I wonder did we open talks when selling Barca Coutinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That Fekir is a known target, Dembele would be just strange. How's he been doing at Barca? Was injured till Christmas wasn't he?

Just waiting for Jimbo Pearce to get on Twitter and break hearts once again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I think you will see a lot of clubs doing their buisness early this summer with the world cup and the transfer window now closing before the first league game

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Jaysus the whole team is sh1te..

How the fcuk did those sh1te players make a Champions League Final/

I'm not a regular in this thread to understand the nuances of regular posters here, but I'm presuming this is not a serious post......

That Fekir is a known target, Dembele would be just strange. How's he been doing at Barca? Was injured till Christmas wasn't he?

Injured most of the season, and also destroyed Klopp's apartment before heading to Barca so I can't imagine that's sitting well with him :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

That might be good news. We've needed a Fekir in the squad, been too nice lately.

jbt123 wrote: »
    I'm not a regular in this thread to understand the nuances of regular posters here, but I'm presuming this is not a serious post......

Read the previous 50 posts calling out every player in the game today for being everything from sh1t to toxic.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That might be good news. We've needed a Fekir in the squad, been too nice lately.

Finally get some Irish lads back in the squad, Keith and that other Fecker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭limnam

jbt123 wrote: »

Lets be fair.

I think most Liverpool fans and non fans are fairly surprised this squad is in a CL final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

sugarman wrote: »
    Liverpool finishing outside the top 4 mightn't be all that bad, it'd certainly spur them on that bid more in the CL final.

I hope this is not serious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Not too pushed on that. If we hadn’t had the week between this game and the next I’d have been in favour of resting most players. Unfortunately we have the ‘burden’ of still being in the CL unlike the lesser teams around us but I think with a week to focus we should be good.

• Advertisement

Klopp asked about Nabil Fekir.

"During the game, we agreed a deal?! I would be surprised about that to be honest. No comment."

And Ousmane Dembele

"Oooh, is he on the market? Now i am interested! I never comment on transfer rumours." #LFC

https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/993187244851761153

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

A promising quote on Fekir. Sounds like they were trying to wrap up a deal based on how he worded his answer, Jurgen surprised it was done that quickly if it’s true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

martyos121 wrote: »
    A promising quote on Fekir. Sounds like they were trying to wrap up a deal based on how he worded his answer, Jurgen surprised it was done that quickly if it’s true.

This summer all deals will need to be done early with the World Cup and the shorter English transfer window

limnam wrote: »
    Lets be fair.

I think most Liverpool fans and non fans are fairly surprised this squad is in a CL final.

You're not subtle.

World Cup summers are weird, you want to get a deal done before they blow up at the tournament, but you also run the risk of your new lad getting injured while playing over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

World Cup summers are weird, you want to get a deal done before they blow up at the tournament, but you also run the risk of your new lad getting injured while playing over the summer.

Or you could end up with El Hadj Diouf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Injuries finally look to have caught up with us with the three midfielders missing. Add in the fact we sold our best attacking midfield at xmas and loaned out someone who IF fit would be a great striking option off the bench and it really is remarkable what the squad is achieving. Haven’t heard a single complaint from Klopp about it either.

We are still really in the driving seat for CL, no need to panic. They’ll be much fresher next week.

As an aside, I loved the jeers Solanke was taking from the Chelsea “fans”. The kid just came on in the semi final of the Champions League thanks to his move, if he stayed put he’d be firmly stuck in the u-21s at best. Really doubt he has any regrets...

Salah, Fun Bobby, Mane, Keita, Ox, Fekir & Dembele.

Jaysus that would be some attacking quality in the squad to pick from.

Lets be fair.

Then that makes me part of the minority. I'm not in the least bit surprised Liverpool are in the final. Whether, they can win it or not, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Liverpool finishing outside the top 4 mightn't be all that bad, it'd certainly spur them on that bid more in the CL final.

This is madness on a par with George Hamilton saying "You'd nearly let them score as at least then they wouldn't have time to get another one" in the last minute of Irelands win over Holland in 2001. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

martyos121 wrote: »

Stats look good - 17 goals, 7 assists in 27 starts and plays mostly as an attacking midfielder or secondary striker - so if true, looks like a decent bit of business.

If we do get him, can we have some kind of boards rule about puns or obvious jokes that play on his name - could get tiresome very quickly...

Edit: Also had 8 EL starts with 3 goals and 1 assist and 2 cup starts with 2 goals, so if he can fit into Klopp's style, then could be a great buy..

• Advertisement

Sofa Spud wrote: »

If we do get him, can we have some kind of boards rule about puns or obvious jokes that play on his name - could get tiresome very quickly...

Feck I already have about 50 jokes lined up.

Feck I already have about 50 jokes lined up.

Give us yer best so...

You're not subtle.

You're not one bit surprised then?

Was never in doubt?

Sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

I'm not too concerned about Brighton after a weeks rest. 3-0 probably.

But in reality we are fighting for 3rd or 4th. It's not good enough. We are light years away from winning the league.

How many players does anyone think we need.

https://goo.gl/images/n8rN4q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Stats look good - 17 goals, 7 assists in 27 starts and plays mostly as an attacking midfielder or secondary striker - so if true, looks like a decent bit of business.

Edit: Also had 8 EL starts with 3 goals and 1 assist and 2 cup starts with 2 goals, so if he can fit into Klopp's style, then could be a great buy..

As the only other league I watch regularly is Ligue 1, I’ve seen him a few times and he’s gone to another level this season. I’m really excited at the prospect of signing him tbh.

You're not one bit surprised then?

Was never in doubt?

Sound.

Make up whatever you want, I'm not really fussed.

Nope, there's an inherent problem with the eggs in one basket strategy......

1349281877_girl_accidentally_steps_in_easter_egg_basket.gif

Make up whatever you want, I'm not really fussed.

Then why comment in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

People panicking here but there's no need.

Losing away to Chelsea, defending champions in form can always happen and is no disgrace.

Dropping points against WBA and Stoke was unexpected and disappointing. Players clearly had eyes on CL games and we have paid the price with injuries and lack of squad depth.

Having Solanke and Moreno as subs is the issue and not good enough.

Does not mean players are not good enough or TAA is not the level.

We will beat Brighton next week. Very confident of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jorginho, Pulisic, Alisson only this morning. Fekir & Dembele tonight.
    Papers don't refuse ink let's not forget.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Anyone watching all season would have seen that :

The squad is shallow,
    The midfield 3 is not very creative,
    We need to be at 100%, we can be ordinary enough

We are running on empty at the moment. The energy is low due to the lack of bodies. The full weeks recovery is critical. As well as this, I think Salah is still carrying that groin injury from the City game, certainly IMHO he is mot moving as freely since that injury.

Might be a silly question, but is it possible to involve Grungic, now that he's finished with Cardiff, or is he tied up until June with them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The only way is see Dembele coming here is if Barcelona are struggling to come up with the fee for Couthino.

Doesn't make sense why he'd leave after 12 months otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

TitianGerm wrote: »
    The only way is see Dembele coming here is if Barcelona are struggling to come up with the fee for Couthino.

They're certainly not in great shape financially. Their wage bill is unmanageable. It's why the likes of Umtiti have been linked with moves away despite being held in massive regard. They can't afford to pay everyone what they want with what Messi, and presumably some other long term stars like Pique are on.

TitianGerm wrote: »

Yeah, and I'm not sure we need Barca's sloppy seconds and someone that was out for 4mths and only scored once since coming back in Feb. If he's valued at €80m then there has to be better options...

ERG89 wrote: »
    Jorginho, Pulisic, Alisson only this morning. Fekir & Dembele tonight.
    Papers don't refuse ink let's not forget.

Isn't that a good thing that even the local paper seems to be miles off on our targets.

It might make it easier to to do business out of the press's gaze.

Fekir for £65m and Dembele for £80m is basically the Coutinho money that would be an impressive replacements.

Now onto the summer transfer budget and get Jorginho, Pulisic, Alisson & a CB.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

With the dip in league results around the Roma games we'll have to make sure we've number 19 well wrapped up before our champions league semi next year.

Barca boys kicking lumps out of the Madrid players.

• Advertisement

Watching the Clasico and we really need to be wise to the dark arts.

Real will do anything to get players booked and sent off.

And just as I say it, Marcelo with a sly nudge and Sergi Roberto falls for it and gets sent off.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement