Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Barca boys kicking lumps out of the Madrid players.

Roberto sent off for slapping Marcelo across the back of the head. If you’re going to get sent off, at least stamp on the fecker and help us out a bit. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Watching the real game lots of dark arts we have to watch out formin the final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Did he even hit him in the head? Was a very Real Madrid reaction from Marcelo, down like a brick

How did Bale get away with what he did

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

How did Bale get away with what he did

Referee was too far from the tackle & it was a long pass.

Bale has been awful. Won't be starting in the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

MD1990 wrote: »
    Referee was too far from the tackle & it was a long pass.

Linesman's not exactly far away

Screen_Shot_2018-05-06_at_20.44.53.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

So if we beat Brighton next weekend we're guaranteed CL right? It's still in our hands?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

That Barca goal certainly showed the kind of weakness we could exploit. Marcello is going to be a pain in the hole when they have possession, but they'll need to be very careful about keeping Firmino's options closed off and tracking runners.

Vicxas wrote: »
    So if we beat Brighton next weekend we're guaranteed CL right? It's still in our hands?

Just match what Chelsea do next Sunday, it is all in Liverpool’s hands unless there is a 20 goal swing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Some goal by Messi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Nice of the Barca fans to be singing our Allez Allez Allez....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

With the championship over is Grujic available for the bench for the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Brego888 wrote: »
    With the championship over is Grujic available for the bench for the final?

Nope - not listed in the CL squad submitted to Uefa for the knockout stages so can't play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Just match what Chelsea do next Sunday, it is all in Liverpool’s hands unless there is a 20 goal swing

The problem is that since getting out of the 2 goal hole at Southampton, Chelsea have been efficiently doing their business.

We've been shooting ourselves in the foot, reloading and doing it again for the last three games.

I don't trust us at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It’s almost as if there was something else going on.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    It’s almost as if there was something else going on.

I'm confused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp at the after game presser when asked about transfers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Would have been nice to secure top 4 today but at least we got through it unscathed. It would be absolutely hilarious if we beat Brighton and Chelsea pipped Spurs to 4th.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Grayditch wrote: »
    Would have been nice to secure top 4 today but at least we got through it unscathed. It would be absolutely hilarious if we beat Brighton and Chelsea pipped Spurs to 4th.

No thanks I'd much prefer if Chelsea missed out.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Read the previous 50 posts calling out every player in the game today for being everything from sh1t to toxic.

But they mostly were awful today, as against Everton, West Brom, Stoke. If we miss out on 3rd/4th I'll be very pissed off.

I know we are brilliantly in the CL final. I know we have injury problems. I know we have had a lot of games lately. I know a win at home to Brighton makes it all irrelevant. But I'm still disappointed with our form, and will be pissed if we miss top 4.

That doesn't mean I want to rip it all up and start over, it means I'll be pissed off.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No thanks I'd much prefer if Chelsea missed out.

Missing top 4 would likely damage spurs more I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

5starpool wrote: »

Yep. That and I'd just like it more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

+1, Spurs missing out on CL football would mean they would find it hard to hang on to Ericsson, Dele Alli, Kane & Son. Spurs have the nucleus of a very good team there, be good to see it fall apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,059 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

None of you Pool fans even a little bit worried about missing out on Top 4?

But they mostly were awful today, as against Everton, West Brom, Stoke. If we miss out on 3rd/4th I'll be very pissed off.

I know we are brilliantly in the CL final. I know we have injury problems. I know we have had a lot of games lately. I know a win at home to Brighton makes it all irrelevant. But I'm still disappointed with our form, and will be pissed if we miss top 4.

That doesn't mean I want to rip it all up and start over, it means I'll be pissed off.

Ditto. Really really would like this done next Sunday please. Would be a nice feeling heading to Kiev. Don't want the scenario of the EL final of 2016 with so much hanging on one match happening again.

NIMAN wrote: »

Not in the slightest because it’s not gonna happen.

Brighton will be getting a hiding next week so we can go into the European cup final (again) without worrying about that.

So no concerns here.

Klopp at the after game presser when asked about transfers.

Going by that response I reckon the Fekir deal is done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

As a "Pool" fan I'm worried that we won't one of our next 2 matches.

As a Liverpool FC fan I'm enthralled by the season we've had and look forward to a gripping finale to the season.

Whatever shall unfold, these lads have entertained us and shown us they can compete at the very highest level, which is nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I am..

Two really hard games left that both can result in CL qualification.

I'm hopeful that playing Brighton at home, with them already safe will give us the best chance.

If that happens then it's a very successful season and anything after that is just a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Only thing to worry about going forward is our squad. I think we arw very weak outside our first 11. Hopefully the way injuries have weakened us lately will show that we still need investment. And not just 1 or 2 . 4 to 5 players needed.

In terms of this season I think top 4 is vital. Confidence going into next season. Champions league then be a nice bonus.

Squad is nowhere near as bad as people make out. It’s ravaged by injuries at the minute but nobody could’ve predicted that we would lose all of our midfield replacement options by this stage of the season. We’ve had Clyne out for most of the season, Gomez been injured, Klavan, lost Matip for the last couple of months.

It’s a balancing act that’s tough to get right. Have any more than 6 midfielders at the start of the season and you have one or two sitting on the bench getting no game time. Even the best crystal ball wouldn’t foresee 3 of them out injured long term at the same time. With Keita coming in the only area we really need depth is someone to swap in up front to give one of them a rest. Bring in a decent cb that pushes Lovren to the bench and that’ll give us more depth at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Squad is nowhere near as bad as people make out. It’s ravaged by injuries at the minute but nobody could’ve predicted that we would lose all of our midfield replacement options by this stage of the season. We’ve had Clyne out for most of the season, Gomez been injured, Klavan, lost Matip for the last couple of months.

It’s a balancing act that’s tough to get right. Have any more than 6 midfielders at the start of the season and you have one or two sitting on the bench getting no game time. Even the best crystal ball wouldn’t foresee 3 of them out injured long term at the same time. With Keita coming in the only area we really need depth is someone to swap in up front to give one of them a rest. Bring in a decent cb that pushes Lovren to the bench and that’ll give us more depth at the back.

Not replacing Coutinho and letting origi go on loan has cost us, ings and solanke have not stood up and are not good enough. Possibly at Christmas there was no expectation of getting this far in the champions league and the plan was to get the main target in the summer rather than settle for a player that was available at Christmas similar to the way the vvd transfer was handled.

If Origi has stayed he’d probably have played the same amount of minutes as Ings or Solanke so I don’t think letting him go on loan was a major contributing factor.

I think Coutinho going/not being replaced is hurting us more in a physical sense than anything else. We’ve coped with his departure better than anyone expected but if he was still here or we brought someone else in it’d be another option to give someone else a break. But Klopp has earned a bit of leeway with those decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Ye either need a box to box who can take a player on, or a deep lying play maker to pick a pass. Ye miss Coutinho vs. teams with a deep line. Your front 3 play their best football in the phase before the box, but didn't have the interplay in the opposition box today to break down Chelsea's defense.

A target man as a plan B would also be helpful, ye resorted to long balls and deep crossed a good bit late on, and while it put a good bit of pressure on Chelsea ye lacked the someone to knock the ball for team mates, or head on goal themselves. When VVD pushed up Chelsea looked a lot more shaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I am..

Two really hard games left that both can result in CL qualification.

I'm hopeful that playing Brighton at home, with them already safe will give us the best chance.

If that happens then it's a very successful season and anything after that is just a bonus.

Yeah, Brighton playing away from home are absolutely woeful - second worst record in the league. In a one off game, they're pretty much the perfect team to play. Already safe, but only due to their home form.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The Echo made a good point. Between a week's break and what should be a rocking atmosphere at Anfield, the team really should put Brighton to the sword comfortably.

If they can't well then they don't deserve Top 4. Simple as that. No point in getting worked up by it or by letting clowns wind you up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Echo made a good point. Between a week's break and what should be a rocking atmosphere at Anfield, the team really should put Brighton to the sword comfortably.

If they can't well then they don't deserve Top 4. Simple as that. No point in getting worked up by it or by letting clowns wind you up.

That’s the right attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Team will be unrecognizable in a weeks time ... Klopp will have em chomping at the bit against Brighton who should be safe by then. Then we rock on towards CL final. It wasn't a bad performance yesterday, just we conceded a typical Giroud goal v Liverpool! We took initiative in early stages and threw what we had left at them in final minutes. Chelsea are a decent team when they are arsed. Even Hazard turned up yesterday for his traditional handful of great performances - probably realising that Madrid would look over the game.

Have faith lads ... 2 games away from a brilliant season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Team will be unrecognizable in a weeks time ... Klopp will have em chomping at the bit against Brighton who should be safe by then. Then we rock on towards CL final. It wasn't a bad performance yesterday, just we conceded a typical Giroud goal v Liverpool! We took initiative in early stages and threw what we had left at them in final minutes. Chelsea are a decent team when they are arsed. Even Hazard turned up yesterday for his traditional handful of great performances - probably realising that Madrid would look over the game.

Have faith lads ... 2 games away from a brilliant season.
    Already guaranteed safe - none of the bottom three can get higher than 39 points, and Brighton already have 40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Just read on the BBC that Ronaldo went off last night with an ankle sprain. Any that could keep him out of the final?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Just read on the BBC that Ronaldo went off last night with an ankle sprain. Any that could keep him out of the final?

He was taken off a precaution.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Not a hope,had his goal, probably took himself off as a precaution..did not come out for 2nd half but was in no discomfort in dugout it seemed

LiamoSail wrote: »

Nah they were quick to ensure that they were telling people he'd be back before the CL final.

Yeah I’d say he told Zidane he wasn’t going back out.

Real Terry/Di Matteo vine of that relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not replacing Coutinho and letting origi go on loan has cost us, ings and solanke have not stood up and are not good enough. Possibly at Christmas there was no expectation of getting this far in the champions league and the plan was to get the main target in the summer rather than settle for a player that was available at Christmas similar to the way the vvd transfer was handled.

The problem was Can, Lalana and Ox all getting injured together. We haven't been able to freshen up midfield for weeks, bar TAA playing yesterday.

It obvious that our midfielders can't press as much as two/three months ago and I'd expect that they are all concerned that if they go "too hard" they might get injured as well.

Someone was messing with Fekir's Wiki page last night:

jIy4cAO.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yup, Gerrard on BT after the game said about United that the league table doesn't lie, they've performed better in the league this year. If we don't get 4th it'll be because we didn't perform well enough to get that position, be it in the last few games, first few games, Christmas/January, simple as.

Problem is depth for sure, Ings & Solanke aren't at it. Our midfield is bolstered by Keita and Ox coming back. Whilst I haven't seen the matches he's played there - Trent moving into midfield makes sense and I'd be interested to see what Klopp can do with regards developing him there as he's played there for the youths.

I reckon next season we might see Harry Wilson kept in the squad this year as somebody who can come in for Mane/Salah on the wings, but we need somebody who can slot into CF - Timo Werner maybe? Either way our CF backup is disappointing. If Sturridge was able to stay fit I'd be happy with him coming on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I was emotionally drained and exhausted after watching those two semi finals I can only imagine what effect it had on that group of players trying to get into the biggest game of the careers.

I would be pretty sure no matter how much outwardly they say it's just another game and Stoke and Chelsea are just as big to them as the Roma games I'd say myself that's all bollix.

Those players minds were only on getting to the Champions League Final no other games.

Now they have a week to focus on Brighton and I think that will happen they will get the points they need to claim a top 4 spot.

Then two weeks to get ready for the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I am. I'm frightened. Seems the usual posters here are living in a fantasy world though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I am. I'm frightened. Seems the usual posters here are living in a fantasy world though.

Chelsea can also lose one of their games and we will get fourth even if we are beaten, I am not in the least worried. The team needs a break and will get a week which should make the difference.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement