Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pearce has spoken on Feckir by not speaking.
    Mane reckons Fekir would be a great summer signing.

https://twitter.com/jamespearceecho/status/993410632694358017?s=21

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Its on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

I must admit I'd never heard of Fekir before yesterday, but reading between the lines I actually think it might be on! Klopp's 'denial' isn't much of a denial at all... 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

jasonb wrote: »
    I must admit I'd never heard of Fekir before yesterday, but reading between the lines I actually think it might be on! Klopp's 'denial' isn't much of a denial at all... ðŸ˜

Pearce is usually the journalist who shoots down transfer rumours very quickly.

Bit odd that he's not doing it this time to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Some amount of players to get rid of (loan out ) in the summer
    migs
    Moreno
    Klavan/Lovren
    Grujic
    Markovic
    Origi
    Sturridge
    Ings
    Solanke
    Can

Bowlardo wrote: »

migs - Gone
    Moreno - Gone (new deal notwithstanding)
    Klavan/Lovren (Lovren gone)
    Grujic (loan)
    Markovic (gone)
    Origi (not sure)
    Sturridge (gone)
    Ings (gone)
    Solanke (loan?)
    Can (gone)

Is how I roll. I'd much sooner Origi than either Ings or Solanke but if Klopp brings in a new flexible attacker like Dembele then he might go anyway for more football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

migs
    Moreno
    Klavan/Lovren
    Grujic
    Markovic
    Origi
    Sturridge
    Ings
    Solanke
    Can

Moreno is staying, he's been offered a new contract. Lovern and Klavan will be staying as well and are perfect backup options. Grujic deserves a chance after his season with Cardiff.

I think Origi will stay as well and Solanke will go on loan. Ings will stay as backup. If Can signs a new contract he'll still be here next season.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Chelsea can also lose one of their games and we will get fourth even if we are beaten, I am not in the least worried. The team needs a break and will get a week which should make the difference.

Not the least bit worried? Really? Anyone saying that is either a liar or just wanting to be able to post about how right they (eventually) were all along if/when we finish top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Think that’s just a applicable to the doom and gloom merchants. Fairly sure some of them would cream themselves at being able to say they predicted us not making it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »
    Not the least bit worried? Really? Anyone saying that is either a liar or just wanting to be able to post about how right they (eventually) were all along if/when we finish top 4.

I think everyone with LFC loyalties understands that, in recent years anyway, we don't do things the easy way. In order to not qualify, though, we'd have to throw away our unbeaten league record at Anfield to a team that doesn't travel well and has already secured a place in the PL next season. I also think that we'll want to put on a bit of a show in front of our fans to cap off a great season.
    I've noticed there are a few popping in here since yesterday evening, 'concerned' about our apparent lack of concern. I don't know why anybody bothers engaging, to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

What annoyed me yesterday was that we were well on top until Chelsea scored and it was almost like they said "feck it, guess we will just best Brighton next week instead" it was a disappointing performance but I'm well aware fatigue seems to be setting in. Aswell as that I'm no professional player but I can't imagine it's easy to give 100% in yesterday's game considering every player has the biggest game of their lives on the horizon and want to be fully fit and in shape for it.
    One thing that annoys me somewhat is people saying the squad is threadbare and is a result of klopp, we are win the middle of an injury crisis and that's it, if we had a fully fit squad yesterday moreno and solanke would've been sitting in the stands never mind coming off the bench. I'm not sure how people can say we should have a big enough squad of quality players to cover this sort of injury crisis. We couldve had a midfield three of can-ox-lallana yesterday for example.
    Like someone posted earlier, if they don't beat Brighton next week they don't deserve champions league as I imagine spurs and Chelsea will do their part and win midweek and next weekend, I am however very confident they will do the business and klopp will have their eyes firmly on said game.

Sturridge will still be here next season I really don't see any club taking him on his wages after his failure at WBA they will wait the next summer where he will leave for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Beat Brighton and thats that. Not easy but very do-able. The real frustration is this should have been put to bed weeks ago, even with the CL Semis......the West Brom game being the biggest disappointment.

I suppose the consolation of the recent form is at the start of the season if you told me a win against Brighton at Anfield on the last game guarantees top 4 and then we have a CL final to look forward to then I'd be absolutely ecstatic........so within the context of a whole season I'm quite happy. Still annoyed and not downplaying our form but the bigger picture is its still all in our hands.

Our squad just isn't big enough and we need a few days to just refocus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

klose wrote: »
    What annoyed me yesterday was that we were well on top until Chelsea scored and it was almost like they said "feck it, guess we will just best Brighton next week instead" it was a disappointing performance but I'm well aware fatigue seems to be setting in. Aswell as that I'm no professional player but I can't imagine it's easy to give 100% in yesterday's game considering every player has the biggest game of their lives on the horizon and want to be fully fit and in shape for it.

I didn't get that read at all.
    I think we turned the screw a well as we could, but everything was just a little bit off. We looked tired, mind and body.

A lot of games you can get away with in that state. Unfortunately for us this game came at a time with the smallest, most fatigued squad we've had available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Sturridge will still be here next season I really don't see any club taking him on his wages after his failure at WBA they will wait the next summer where he will leave for free.

Someone will take a chance on him, even if it's only a loan for half his wages.

There's usually one crowd who's brief is "Stay in the PL, but don't spend any money". Sturridge is the hail-Mary they're looking for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

2018 UEFA Champions League final refereeing team
    Referee: Milorad Mažić (SRB)
    Assistants: Milovan Ristić, Dalibor Djurdjević (SRB)
    Fourth official: Clement Turpin (FRA)
    Additional assistant referees: Nenad Djokić, Danilo Grujić (SRB)
    Reserve assistant referee: Nemanja Petrović (SRB)

He has reffed two Liverpool games
    Liverpool 1 V 0 Sparta Prague - Europa League 2010-11
    Man Utd 1 V 1 Liverpool - Europa League 2015-16

Gbear wrote: »
    Someone will take a chance on him, even if it's only a loan for half his wages.

There's usually one crowd who's brief is "Stay in the PL, but don't spend any money". Sturridge is the hail-Mary they're looking for.

That worked out well for WBA didn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

It's clear now that Buvač was running the show... particularly in game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Still not got a Phucking Clugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Phuck me this place has been tough the last 24 hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

5starpool wrote: »

I believe that we will be in the champions league next year, I can post what I believe without being called a liar thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Klopp Out

Buvac Back In

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,267 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    It's clear now that Buvač was running the show... particularly in game.

Absolutely.

Lost every game since he left.

We're fúcked.

We might never win again.

Disaster of a club really.

Klopp is a bluffer.

Salah is overrated.

We'll be lucky to finish fifth.

Love this thread.

Don't ever change :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

PhuckHugh wrote:
    It's clear now that BuvaÄ was running the show... particularly in game.

The only thing clear is that you either want to wind people up or you haven't a clue what your talking about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Squad is stretched and the players are tired. Salah and Firmino played nearly every game this season, it's no coincidence that mane who has made the least appearances of the front 3 this season looks the sharpest.
    Week long rest and they'll brush Brighton aside.

Not in the least bit worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭augustus gloop

A lot of stuff in the last few hours suggesting Nabil Fekir is a done deal, with a 60M price tag for the Lyon captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have no ideas about these refs but I really hope Klopp fires some sort of shot across the bows in a presser about how Madrid surround referees. They did it constantly last night vs Barca. If Klopp were to mention it in a presser at least it would put the ref on notice of their tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Have no ideas about these refs but I really hope Klopp fires some sort of shot across the bows in a presser about how Madrid surround referees. They did it constantly last night vs Barca. If Klopp were to mention it in a presser at least it would put the ref on notice of their tactics.

There’s not a referee alive that doesn’t know what Madrid get up to. It’s the fact that they simply don’t care enough to do anything about. Klopp bringing it up won’t make a blind bit of difference tbh.

Houllier is still involved in a big way behind the scenes at Lyon that's what makes me think this is going to get done for Fekir.

Getting business done early. I like it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Houllier is still involved in a big way behind the scenes at Lyon that's what makes me think this is going to get done for Fekir.

He was also at Anfield for the first leg against Roma

Khedira say he is open to moving to the PL I wouldn't mind getting his experience at the club.

Can to Juve on a free Khedira on the cheap (1 year left on his Juve contract)to Liverpool that would be nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

migs
    Moreno
    Klavan/Lovren
    Grujic
    Markovic
    Origi
    Sturridge
    Ings
    Solanke
    Can

Adam Bogdan and Connor Randall still on the books for another year so hopefully get rid of them rather than run down the contracts, no need for them to be at the club.

Also I'm not giving up hope on Can yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

8-10 wrote: »
    Adam Bogdan and Connor Randall still on the books for another year so hopefully get rid of them rather than run down the contracts, no need for them to be at the club.

Also I'm not giving up hope on Can yet

Flanagan aswell.

Great to see Marko having a corrupting influence even while out on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I'd love it if we could reignite our interest in Pulisic aswell. Would be a great option for rotating our front three. To be honest I could see him challenging Mane for a starting spot. Welcome competition all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Mr.H wrote: »
    I'd love it if we could reignite our interest in Pulisic aswell. Would be a great option for rotating our front three. To be honest I could see him challenging Mane for a starting spot. Welcome competition all the same

Why is it always Mané's place that's apparently under threat? He's a superb player and has been our best, most consistent performer for the past month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

mosstin wrote: »
    Why is it always Mané's place that's apparently under threat? He's a superb player and has been our best, most consistent performer for the past month.

Firmino is essential, Salah has scored a mountain of goals.....I guess many see Mané as the "easiest" to upgrade or replace from the front 3. IMO, the three work so so well together I'm not sure another player slotting in gives us the same anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

TitianGerm wrote: »
    It obvious that our midfielders can't press as much as two/three months ago and I'd expect that they are all concerned that if they go "too hard" they might get injured as well.

Good point. Both Firmino and Salah have slowed up a tad in recent weeks. I think they're aware that they risk injuries due to the amount of game time they've both had this season and are being a little conservative, with this directive quite possibly coming from management.

Klopp is well aware of the midweek games for Spurs and Chelsea and I would think that for the last few league games his thoughts were "we can go full throttle against Brighton if we need to, but until then, ease off a little". Essentially, he was gambling a little in the last few games of conserving some energy, and be less at risk of fatigue injuries, while still picking up the results. We haven't been picking up the results, but still have the Brighton game at home to fully extend ourselves, if required, to get the result we need. Klopp will be hoping that Chelsea make a balls of their midweek game, like you say, and then the Brighton game need only be a run-out before the final.

Honestly, not worried at all about not making top 4. A full week off now to rest. If we need to beat Brighton, I think we'll see a different approach/temperment than recent league games. It'll be full throttle stuff in order to, hopefully, see them off early and hopefully use the remainder of the game as a tune-up for the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Mane plays on the left, Salah plays on the right.

Pulisic primarily plays on the right. Fekir plays as an attacking midfielder/right winger.

Mane's position would not be under threat by signing either player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Talisman wrote: »

Pulisic primarily plays on the right. Fekir plays as an attacking midfielder/right winger.

Fekir can play anywhere in the forward line or attacking midfield.

Dembele is right but two footed so can play left, Fekir is really a second striker or No 10 so could his arrival if true signal some tactical tweaking? Plan B being 4-4-2 diamond rather than a lump it to Solanke/VVD.

It seems that Fekir is available in a BOGOF deal. Yassin Fekir would also join him.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/two-sources-back-nabil-fekir-moving-liverpool-approach-second-player/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

8-10 wrote: »

*shudder*
    It seems that Fekir is available in a BOGOF deal. Yassin Fekir would also join him.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/two-sources-back-nabil-fekir-moving-liverpool-approach-second-player/

Two fekirs for the price of one

Looking back to 2015 when we sold Sterling these are who I wanted.

Crazy to think that £50m could look cheap going into this summer's transfer window.
    A £50m offer for Sterling would be hard for the club to turn down to be honest.

If we were to have £50m funds for the summer transfer I'd love to see use go for Lacazette and his team mate Fekir.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=94768842&postcount=3685

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Stats look good - 17 goals, 7 assists in 27 starts and plays mostly as an attacking midfielder or secondary striker - so if true, looks like a decent bit of business.

If we do get him, can we have some kind of boards rule about puns or obvious jokes that play on his name - could get tiresome very quickly...

Edit: Also had 8 EL starts with 3 goals and 1 assist and 2 cup starts with 2 goals, so if he can fit into Klopp's style, then could be a great buy..

Fair warning, first yellow card and I'm posting "Dirty Fekir".

• Advertisement

Does anyone know much about Feekher?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Does anyone know much about Feekher?..

Notorious ladies man around Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

He'll be a handy Fekir to have about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Talisman wrote: »

Could Mane play in midfield? As the "runner" (Ox/Coutinho position)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

looking ahead to Sunday - Apart from some draws our home form has been excellent this season and Brighton's away form is poor.

Should be straight forward enough.......

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement