Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Very possible Newcastle could take points off spurs and we go into the last game 3rd,4th and 5th all 72 points. Thankfully our goal difference is sizable over both especially Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Salah interview airing on CNN tomorrow at 1030am. Channel 506 on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

rob316 wrote: »
    Very possible Newcastle could take points off spurs and we go into the last game 3rd,4th and 5th all 72 points. Thankfully our goal difference is sizable over both especially Chelsea.

Huddersfield beating Chelsea tmw eve is the only thing that is going to calm my nerves. Unlikely I know.

Otherwise in Rafa we shall trust to take points off Spurs / Chelsea. He would love to help us out no doubt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Although I'd be angry, disappointed etc if we failed to reach the top four after practically having it in the bag...i have to agree that the whole point of qualifying for competitions like that is to play in the final.

Leave the long term building and money aside for a moment. Arsenal have one appearance in the final in approx. 20 CL campaigns, its no small feat.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Would be even better if Huddersfield win tomorrow night but doubt it

Damn, that's the game I meant to reference. I got confuzzled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Missed the Brighton game, shame we lost but thems the brakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Would anyone take Shaquiri from Stoke as front 3 cover now that they're gone down? Can blow hot and cold but a useful player that wouldn't cost a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Would anyone take Shaquiri from Stoke as front 3 cover now that they're gone down? Can blow hot and cold but a useful player that wouldn't cost a fortune.

No. Saw footage of him in previous games and him not arsed tracking back and helping out. I can't see him fitting Klopps style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Arnautović would probably be a better buy for that role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

We got the better of the two Basle players in Salah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Arnautović would probably be a better buy for that role

Would actually quite like him as cover, particularly for Firmino. Bit of an attitude at times, but when he's 'on', he's a great player. Strength, technical ability, vision... would hope that Klopp could get a bit more consistency out of him. Been great for Moyes.

Arnautović and a wide forward/AMC, and the front would be in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BWnPpyoSx4

To keep the Fekir buzz going - seeing as the press reports are gaining pace - grab a cuppa or whatever and enjoy this link.

Just to add to the hype, Redmen yesterday covered French reporting that Houlier had been involved in getting the deal together and noted that he's been in Anfield a lot recently. Sounds like it makes sense as he managed Lyon, but would a manager get involved in doing a deal between two previous clubs? Sounds believable at first and then makes ye wonder....

Anyway, I'd love to see this guy in a Red or florescent orange shirt as soon as possible - so,eh next season then - and if you haven't the patience to watch the full 17mins, just check out from 2:25 for the most hollywood of half-way line goals you'll ever see. I know these highlight reels are selective and it's easy to get over-excited, so I'm gonna enjoy getting over-excited and hope for the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Anyone read the comments from yayas agent? Toure is willing to pay back half his wages if his new team is unhappy with his performances. He wants a premiership club. Quiet a guarantee. Apparently a few clubs are interested but talks will begin at the end of the season. I hope we are one of those clubs. Would be more than useful in our side in those tougher games. Would bring experience and a level head to our midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mr.H wrote: »
    Anyone read the comments from yayas agent? Toure is willing to pay back half his wages if his new team is unhappy with his performances. He wants a premiership club. Quiet a guarantee. Apparently a few clubs are interested but talks will begin at the end of the season. I hope we are one of those clubs. Would be more than useful in our side in those tougher games. Would bring experience and a level head to our midfield.

He only started 4 games this season, all in the EFL cup......my worry is he wont have the legs and I'd doubt he'd play a whole lot. His best days are long gone. Better to give his minutes to the youth coming through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’d sooner have Kolo back tbh. Yaya comes across as the moodiest fecker in football, the complete opposite of his brother. A good atmosphere in the club is essential for Klopp’s system according to former colleague Pep Lijnders.

Also, he doesn’t have the legs to play in our midfield. No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr.H wrote:

He literally jogs around the pitch now in slow motion. Even paying back 50% of his very large wages I wouldn't touch him as his performances dropped by a lot more than 50% the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd probably risk it for a year.

Hasn't been playing enough to judge.

Dont think he'd want to be a sub tho.

Who's gonna be responsible for birthday cakes?

Speaking of which, he turns 35 next week. Really not sure Klopp would want to have a moody sod potentially mess up his squad dynamic when he doesn't have the performance left to at least make people feel they should put up with his sh!t as he's worth it.

Look at all the sound heads we have in that dressing room - adding someone who knows he's on a downward trajectory, who's not getting a new contract with Citeh and he says he's prepared to pay back his wages if his performance aren't good enough? Nonsense - would love to see the conversation where he's told his performance isn't good enough and he disagrees...

Yaya doesn't seem like a Klopp type player surely.

Can't see him busting a gut around the pitch.

• Advertisement

Yea maybe not. I was more thinking of him as a great option to come on in the second half to hold onto a lead. Someone who could literally sit on front of the defence when needed even in bigger games where the back four need protection. But to be fair he is likely to go to a mid table side and get first team football.

Just sickened we didn't get groetzka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Is this a wind-up, his legs are gone, jogging around like a man of eighty. Half his wages would still put him around our fifth highest paid player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ya Ya?

No No!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yaya and Daniel are perfect for Gerrard to bring up to Scotland to take on Rodgers.

Add in Hart and Rangers will be a powerhouse!

Yaya and Daniel are perfect for Gerrard to bring up to Scotland to take on Rodgers.

Add in Hart and Rangers will be a powerhouse!

Rangers couldn't even afford the candles for Yaya's cake! They are a mess

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Rangers couldn't even afford the candles for Yaya's cake! They are a mess

City and Liverpool would pay the wages of the other two though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

U 23s gave Chelsea a good stuffing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

and woman beat Man City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

5-1 alas no win would catch Arsenal for the title but second isn't bad at all when you remember how many players were sent out on loan or were part of the senior match training. Man Utd got relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Swansea pretty much relegated now, wouldn’t mind getting Mawson off them on a cut price deal. Young, promising and solid cover in defence. Wouldn’t be bullied as easily as Lovren is, that’s for sure. Great scoring record for a centre back too.

Would much rather an established, first team quality partner for VVD though of course, if one becomes available.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

martyos121 wrote: »
    Swansea pretty much relegated now, wouldn’t mind getting Mawson off them on a cut price deal. Young, promising and solid cover in defence. Wouldn’t be bullied as easily as Lovren is, that’s for sure. Great scoring record for a centre back too.

It is them or Huddersfield, so hopefully the Terriers will pull off a result tomorrow to keep them safe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

martyos121 wrote: »
    He was rumoured to have met with Mourinho about a month ago.

Well done to Darren Moore for getting PL manager of the month, well deserved and hopefully they back him now with a proper contract so he has a chance to bring 'em back to the PL...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Not a chance, he has been moaning to the Swiss media all season about how Stoke expect too much of him. His disinterest is part of the reason why the club were relegated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sounds like a Nathan for You episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Well done to Darren Moore for getting PL manager of the month, well deserved and hopefully they back him now with a proper contract so he has a chance to bring 'em back to the PL...

Must be kicking themselves for not dumping Pardew long before they did. Or hiring him in the first place to be honest, which I think most people could see was a disaster in the making.

Under Moore they play like they actually have a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Salah has been far worse for that the last month or two

But Salah's on a Record...

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Must be kicking themselves for not dumping Pardew long before they did. Or hiring him in the first place to be honest, which I think most people could see was a disaster in the making.

Under Moore they play like they actually have a plan.

They should have sacked him when he went on a bigger bender in Barcelona than his players did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I know it will never happen but wouldn't it be lovely to get Martial from United. I reckon Klopp could do wonders with the lad. He'd be a perfect signing tbh.

Pyjamarama wrote:
    I know it will never happen but wouldn't it be lovely to get Martial from United. I reckon Klopp could do wonders with the lad. He'd be a perfect signing tbh.

Not exactly a player known for his pressing. Great player but not a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Jose doesn't really ask to press tho. He asks to come back on def and set a shape. I think Martial would have no problems pressing high up the pitch.

Not that it matters since it would never happen, twas but a fleeting thought. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

What players are noted for pressing?

This is a tactical decision by the manager not the individual.

What players at Liverpool where know for pressing before Klopp arrived and now they all do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Martial would be a fantastic signing, I can't see us getting him though, do you see Mourinho letting any player going to us after the stick he is getting over salah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

murpho999 wrote: »

What players at Liverpool where know for pressing before Klopp arrived and now they all do it?

Firmino was at it under ‘The Rodgers’...LuckyCharms (I think) posted a good article about it after a match against arsenal in his first season when a lot of fans were busy writing him off for not contributing anything.

Also wouldn’t take Martial...goal against us gave him cult status for United fans, but he’s not very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Suarez used to press like crazy, I appreciate this is not a Klopp player. There was plenty in the past notably Rush, guy scored a billion goals and still worked his socks off. Always remember Craig Johnston being like that too, one of my favourite unsung heroes.

Found this on him yesterday, researching the '88 Forest game. http://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/335

Johnston stays humble about his Liverpool career, maybe a bit too humble: "You have no idea how crap I was. Even when I was playing for Liverpool, I was the worst player in the best team in the world."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

What’s significant. If chelsea drop points are we guaranteed top 4 ??

cjmc wrote: »

They're three points behind with a game in hand and a much worse goal difference. So if they draw their game in hand we'd have to be murdered at Anfield by Brighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Definitely would as backup.
    Massice step up from what we have,
    And i do think Klopp could re-energise him to what we seen of him in Basle and Bayern - effort wise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

gimli2112 wrote: »
    cjmc wrote: »

They're three points behind with a game in hand and a much worse goal difference. So if they draw their game in hand we'd have to be murdered at Anfield by Brighton.

If they draw and then win their final game we would still need a point against Brighton.

rgace wrote: »
    If they draw and then win their final game we would still need a point against Brighton.

yep I was thinking we'd be clear as long as we didn't lose 15-0 but you're right, you and your fancy math.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote:

Players like kuyt and suarez are perfect examples of players who played here in the past and are well known for their pressing.

Firmino was bought because of his pressing qualities. He was seen as "the next Suarez" because of that attribute alone.

A lot of our players pressed before klopp because Rodgers likes the same type of player. We didn't press as gung ho but we certainly pressed. Hendo probably did this more than most under Rodgers. Firmino has already been mentioned. After that the team looks completely different to pre klopp.

There are players that press naturally and players that just don't press. Ronaldo is an example. Micheal Owen was another. Heskey actually did. In fact it's why he was also shoved out wide ala kuyt.

While yes it's a tactical decision by the manager, not ever player will/is able to follow it. For example do you think if Ozil came to Liverpool that he would all of a sudden track back or press the opposition? Not a chance. It's not his game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement