Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My point was that every club has earned their spot at this stage so equal respect needs to be shown. We've been arguably the performers of the knockouts so I don't like your suggestion that Bayern, Roma and Real will be dying to draw us in the semis. If they do think we'll be a handy number more fool them.

Roma have shown tonight again they're no mugs so you're insistence we need to draw them makes no sense. They will not be a handy number just like Bayern and Real won't be so **** it, take the most exciting tie available. Would love to draw Real next.
    No it doesn't.

Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are better teams than Roma and Liverpool.

Roma have shown tonight they are no mugs. Bayern and Real have shown it for years. So I guess you are confusing people thinking Roma or Liverpool will be an easy game with people thinking Roma and Liverpool would be a more desirable draw than Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. They are not the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Thud wrote: »
    Liked how Mane was back on his feet looking to keep playing by time Salah scored, most players would have been rolling around looking for penalty

Would have been no point to stay down Liverpool were not getting anything from that ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

awec wrote: »
    Yea you're right, I'm sure Roma would prefer Real Madrid or Bayern Munich instead. :rolleyes:

This place is beyond daft sometimes. People are losing the run of themselves.

"No team will want to play us", a love vacuous sound bite.

Roma just knocked out Barcelona, I'm sure there are some of their supporters coming out with the same rubbish but I bet if you asked the majority of Liverpool fans who they'd want to play Roma is going to be top of that list.

That's not what I meant.

I mean nobody would regard Liverpool as a handy number.

Either we, we just beat City 5-1 in the quarter finals.

Can you not just enjoy the moment instead of coming on here arguing and miserable?

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

murpho999 wrote: »
    That's not what I meant.

I mean nobody would regard Liverpool as a handy number.

Either we, we just beat City 5-1 in the quarter finals.

Can you not just enjoy the moment instead of coming on here arguing and miserable?
    Nor do I.

I am merely saying Roma is our dream draw, I am sure the feeling is mutual on their end. I'm sure Madrid or Bayern would rather get us than get each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Assuming that top 4 is now tied up, I think it's fair to say that this season has been well beyond any of our dreams. Bonus territory from now one in. YNWA!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

There was certainly times when I hoped I wouldn't see him in a Liverpool shirt again but I thought Lovren was immense tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Just back from the game, managed to get a ticket outside the etihad.

Unbelievable stuff, that allez allez chant sounds amazing. Great performance from the lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

https://twitter.com/anfieldroad/status/983814262450741248

City beating on a Liverpool fan who was in their stand and cheered with Salah scored

Headline says Liverpool fan article says there was no way to identify if he was a Liverpool fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The only team I don't want is Real.

Would actually fancy us against Bayern. They've torn plenty of teams apart, but haven't been challenged yet this season - aside from PSG in the group stages, and they conceded 4 in those 2 fixtures, winning one and losing one.

After months of teams largely rolling over for them, reckon a bit of Liverpool pressing would be a serious shock to their system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

awec wrote: »
    No it doesn't.

Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are better teams than Roma and Liverpool.

Roma have shown tonight they are no mugs. Bayern and Real have shown it for years. So I guess you are confusing people thinking Roma or Liverpool will be an easy game with people thinking Roma and Liverpool would be a more desirable draw than Real Madrid or Bayern Munich. They are not the same thing.

Desirable is not always necessarily good. Liverpool rose to the occasion over the last week against all odds. They seem to be prefer being underdogs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

sabat wrote: »
    That 5-0 feels like a million years ago now. 3 in a row against these

In my mind we have Before Virgil and After Virgil.

Before Virgil there was always the chance of spanking against a good side, now After Virgil I don't see it happening. Lose possibly, but a collapse, no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Need to get 2 wins gainst Bournemout & West Brom so we can rest players against Stoke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Roma would be a nightmare as they're like us. Massive momentum and desire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I just don't want Real Madrid, I'll take the other two.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Was a ball of nerves and tension up until Salah scored. The relief when you realised he'd chipped it in. Jaysus lads. :)

Back in the ****ing house

Manball. Big heart, etc, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Tv3 have mentioned it twice but honestly I still can't believe this will be the first time Roma have made it to the last four of the CL.

Fair Fooks to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Andy's just looking at a ball in the corner of the room and thinking about tackling it.

DacynjRX4AIJSto.jpg

Gini looks REALLY excited!

I think after tomorrow's night results it becomes, who would we rather not face on a one off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Delighted with the composure in the second half, the first time we strung a few passes together we score!

First half we were going too long every time, and using daft time wasting actions which only back-fire on the team's positivity.

Thanks to Guardiola for changing a great formation, I reckon that off-side goal (which wasn't offside as came off Milner) upset Pep and led to that change at half time. Such a crucial decision all round, but who's complaining eh?

Yessssssssssssss!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Knex. wrote: »

You only posted it three minutes ago and I’ve already watched it about 40 times. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It was never in doubt, City huffed and puffed while Liverpool are now a model of deadly efficiency once they get the ball in the danger zone. A few good chances were always going to be carved out as City had to run themselves ragged pressing high. City's strength turned out to be their weakness.

Blondie919 wrote: »
    Gini looks REALLY excited!

And really stoned.

Where is he from again..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

When you realise Phil and Raheem are both out

tenor.gif?itemid=5907853

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Moreno has more tattoos than brain cells.

No need for that dig. Say what you will about the lad but he gives his all every time he plays for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Bet Coutinho is somewhat regretful about his wish to avoid Liverpool in the CL being granted

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    No need for that dig. Say what you will about the lad but he gives his all every time he plays for us.

He’s not wrong though. Who brings their child out for a walk in the pram on a feckin hoverboard?

• Advertisement

Would have been no point to stay down Liverpool were not getting anything from that ref

He was OK with the offside decisions :pac:

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Tv3 have mentioned it twice but honestly I still can't believe this will be the first time Roma have made it to the last four of the CL.

Can you guess the last time they made it this far in the European Cup? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Leroy Sane, your whole body is offside

I was in an oddly zen state, knew we were going through.
    I guess that's what a top top top top clas manager like Klopp does, he makes you
    BELEIVE

Just watched Klopp's post-game with BT and there's a really great quote from him to the players in it:

"If they want the ball from you, then they'll have to kill you"

Ardent wrote: »
    What's the verdict on Karius after tonight's lads? The game was littered with his mistakes...

Don't recall him being shocking tbh. He might cost us yet, he always give me the impression of being a junior under-study in terms of appearance and body language, but actually doesn't "switch off" as often as dopey-faced Mig and has made a few decent stops recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The sound of the Liverpool fans after the game from even outside the stadium. It's unreal. That's what the City fans got to listen to as they made their way home.

https://twitter.com/OfficialVizeh/status/983810547551494144

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Take a minute to look at this. The front three are on fire.

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/983819380470571008?s=19

And Bobby is having a great season but Mo is having an exceptional one :pac:

https://twitter.com/LFCData/status/983809930317660160?s=19

The sound of the Liverpool fans after the game from even outside the stadium. It's unreal. That's what the City fans got to listen to as they made their way home.

https://twitter.com/OfficialVizeh/status/983810547551494144

Serious noise from the Liverpool fans tonight.

The semi at Anfield will be epic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Whatever happens from here on Liverpool have a hell of a calling card for the summer transfer market.

2EA2A.jpg

"Join Liverpool, it's not boring (ignore that second Porto game)"

I see we’re the only undefeated team left in the Champions League. That’s pretty cool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'm in awe at this lad

gqu1sgb495r01.gif

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Whatever happens from here on Liverpool have a hell of a calling card for the summer transfer market.

2EA2A.jpg

"Join Liverpool, it's not boring (ignore that second Porto game)"

Makes Emre Can look more silly (or greedy) by the day..

When you have a ticket to ride the Jurgen juggernaut, don't be fannying about with contract clauses ye muppeh!

He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Groom injury?, 'tis but a scratch.

As dodgy an all as we are at the back, we didn't give city much joy over the two legs and they threw it all at us in first half.
    Most teams would have wilted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

i will never forget cl final 2005 phil started hammering the glass in studio all the other guests andy gray etc look of utter fear as a 20ft glass panel was about to end their lifes im sure its on utube lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Actually special mention to Karius with the time wasting tonight, was excellent at slowing the game down. Also all the city fans around me were going mental due to it which was a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Who we get now makes no difference. Would rather the strongest team left over two legs than in a final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Is it fair to say that TAA was our best player over two legs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

just watched highlight clip on utube in Egyptian they are bananas on salah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Don't know what the **** Klopp said at half time but **** me! We're so lucky to have him.

would deffo give him a handjob with two hands and oils like those Japanese chicks...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement