Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Mr.H wrote: »
    Coutinho has never been our best player. Ever

Ahem
    Mr.H wrote:
    Easily OUR best player
    As I said OUR best player

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99926049&postcount=4567

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Coutinho was our best player during ‘The Rodgers’ last season and a bit...things probably could’ve got a lot worse only for him.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    .......... our best player..........things probably could’ve got a lot worse only for him.

That's quite often the case. Take Salah out of our team these days and how would we do?

Good job Coutinho left and we stumbled across the revolutionary ‘get the ball forward quickly’ style.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Good job Coutinho left and we stumbled across the revolutionary ‘get the ball forward quickly’ style.
    I wouldn't say we stumbled upon it, I think it was obvious against the big side we where getting out played in the middle and something needed to change, 
    Plus we changed the style when he was still here,
    Be interesting do we play the same way next year with Keita and possible another new player in the middle ,

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

We changed how we play back in October after the Spurs hammering ,to the way we play now that suits our front 3 before that Phil was our best player for two season's
    I'm sure Jurgen had already know of Barca interest and the Phil would be off, We now pretty much by pass our own midfield or when they get it play it forward quick ,
    People laughed at Fernadihno and De Rossi, when they called us a long ball team, but I think they just got the words wrong and meant we are a very direct team which we have been since October and your right that doesn't suit Phil

No Coutinho was our best player past October he was winning matches for us right up until he left us in January. I remember the Swansea game in particular which was his last home game and was brilliant.

He's an incredible player. He'd walk into every single team in the league including ours regardless of style of play. Its at least an equal talent to salah. It's well documented that jurgen was trying to convince him to stay right up to last minute. The idea that he knew all along and changed our style for the departure in October is ridiculous. Recency bias at its absolute worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why is this being discussed? Coutinho had the chance for a CL runners up medal and he has passed it by. He doesn't deserve the attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Why is this being discussed? Coutinho had the chance for a CL runners up medal and he has passed it by. He doesn't deserve the attention.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Watching the boys in Rome last week taking us one step closer to something very special. Knee surgery was a success and the hard work has already begun ����

https://twitter.com/Alex_OxChambo/status/994600732811808769

• Advertisement

The ox, legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

8-10 wrote:
    Ahem

My account was obviously hacked that day. Obviously lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Mr.H wrote:
    Coutinho has never been our best player. Ever! He was definitely the most talented but he was never our moat effective player. Never scored a huge amount and never really won games single handed bar once or twice.

He was the most talented player we have had in recent seasons as I said here. In fact he is probably more talented than Salah from a pure skill level. Just about.

But in terms of being our beat player, or most important player I should have said, he never really was. Even those two seasons we still relied on sturridge who was missing through injury. Phil only started winning the odd game for us since last year. He only really added goals last season and that was a pretty average return for "our best player".

My stance never changed even if my wording did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still don't think Coutinho is a natural fit at Barcelona either. He's not disciplined enough to replace Iniesta and I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on as some part-exchange deal next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Still don't think Coutinho is a natural fit at Barcelona either. He's not disciplined enough to replace Iniesta and I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on as some part-exchange deal next summer.

I think he'll prove to be a good buy in the longer term. It's a team that's going to undergo some radical changes over the next couple of seasons, a lot of key players in their early 30's now, so he's a good guy to develop a new team around with an eye to the future.

Salah player of the season.

TAA young player of the season.

Ox goal of the season. City goal in CL.

Wilson Academy player of the year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Salah probably had a few that should have been top of the pecking order Goal of the Season tbh, but I'm happy for Ox.

Context of that was immense, I suppose. And it was a bit Stevie G-esque.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

No arguments against Ox getting goal of the season.

The power of the shot was just unbelievable. What a great moment. Big big moment.

Very possible we wouldn't be where we are now if not for that goal plucked almost from nowhere.

The moment Ox really proved himself as a Liverpool player for me. I know some had been won over previously, but for me that was the moment he proved his worth.

Award claimed by Harry Kane.

Knex. wrote: »
    Salah probably had a few that should have been top of the pecking order Goal of the Season tbh, but I'm happy for Ox.

Context of that was immense, I suppose. And it was a bit Stevie G-esque.

Firmino in the 4-3 v City or Can v Hoffenheim for me.

A lot of honorable mentions for Salah, goals v Arsenal, volley v West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Salah first goal against Roma got to be right up there too.

Cout had some belters too

• Advertisement

Morzadec wrote: »
    Salah first goal against Roma got to be right up there too.

Cout had some belters too

First one against Roma reminds me of his one against Everton. I’ve also seen him hit very similar shots in warm ups (not to take away from the goal, but it seems less unique.)

Coutinho against Newcastle and free against Leicester stand out.

When you get a random private message about Emre Can from a poster you have never seen post before.

Very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

It wasn't the most spectacular but the goal against Watford where he seemed to take delight in sending innumerable Watford defenders tumbling before nonchalantly poking it home was my favourite this year.

When you get a random private message about Emre Can from a poster you have never seen post before.

Very odd.

I’ve gotten 2 or 3 messages from the same user. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Salah vs Spurs is an incredible goal that gets overlooked because of the penalty shíte up the other end.

Anyone travelling to Kiev? Ballot results tomorrow. Any cheap route that doesn't involve really long layovers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Anyone travelling to Kiev? Ballot results tomorrow. Any cheap route that doesn't involve really long layovers?

Trains, planes and automobiles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Given the money spent on him, it's more likely that he will have a rejuvenated Barcelona team built around him.

The spine of the team will need to be replaced in the next few years - Pique, Vermaelen, Busquets, Paulinho, Rakitic, Iniesta, Suarez and Messi are all 30+. The age profile of the core of the team is a factor in why they play at a relative pedestrian pace compared to previous seasons - they no longer have the legs for sustaining the high tempo playing style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hopefully Wilson will not be in the running for that award next year.

The Frank & Walters' revival continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Warsaw & a 10 hour drive seems to be the plan for our lads

Looks like it for a lot of people!

Yeah, a lot doing that. Can't afford that time unfortunately, Chartered flight from UK is the most direct but it's expensive

Anyone know how to block someone spamming you with private messages?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Anyone know how to block someone spamming your with private messages?

Murder tends to be effective. Failing that, ask a mod to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Nobody ever sends me Pm's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

What transfer is it for the 10 hours and how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

MarkY91 wrote: »
    What transfer is it for the 10 hours and how much?

Actually scrap that. €280 return with 15 hours over and 9 hours back travel time to Warsaw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Anyone know how to block someone spamming you with private messages?

Pretty sure there is a report button on it, should make your problem go away then

niallo27 wrote: »

fxarut.jpg
    fxarut.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

niallo27 wrote: »

Sent (NSFW).

We are now being linked with Diawara from Napoli.

So it's looks like Klopp wants a proper DM/Holding player.

Jorginho, Diawara & Neves all linked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,596 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

We are now being linked with Diawara from Napoli.

So it's looks like Klopp wants a proper DM/Holding player.

Jorginho, Diawara & Neves all linked.

With Jorginho looking a certainty to leave I doubt they would let Diawara go too.. Neves commuted himself to Wolves yesterday too but I suppose anything can happen with Mendes as his agent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

corwill wrote: »
    Sent (NSFW).

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Knex. wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Oh Sweet MY EYES MY EYES MY EYES WHY WHY WHY

been a bit serious what the hell was he thinking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Feck it his team went 1-0 up in a final against the odds. Hard to contain the spontaneity that can be caused by pure joy like that. Klopp can go around loafingpeople for all I care if we do the same thing on the 26th. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

lots of routes available but my only worry would be accommodation if you haven't already booked it. Tis kwazy ! Part of the reason why im not going (plus the lack of a match ticket lol)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Barcelonas Yerry Mina rumoured to be coming on loan for a year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

No thanks, dont want to be developing players for that club

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Seems very unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone know when the ballot results are announced today? It just says email on Friday 11th

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement