Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Lampard on his five toughest opponents. Hard to argue with his other choices, Fine footballers all, just not as good as Stevie, in Frank's opinion.

“Steven Gerrard probably edges it as the best I have played against, for his consistency over the years, but Yaya is up there along with Roy Keane, Patrick Vieira and Paul Scholes – which shows how highly I rate him.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

https://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/barcelona-weighing-up-sending-yerry-mina-on-loan-for-a-year-6810152
    One of the teams pushing is Sevilla. They're looking for a replacement for Clement Lenglet in the even that he leaves the Sanchez Pizjuan (Barça are interested) and believe the Colombia international would be a good option for one season. Also interested are Villarreal, Valencia and Celta Vigo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Raisins wrote: »
    We changed how we play back in October after the Spurs hammering ,to the way we play now that suits our front 3 before that Phil was our best player for two season's
    I'm sure Jurgen had already know of Barca interest and the Phil would be off, We now pretty much by pass our own midfield or when they get it play it forward quick ,
    People laughed at Fernadihno and De Rossi, when they called us a long ball team, but I think they just got the words wrong and meant we are a very direct team which we have been since October and your right that doesn't suit Phil

No Coutinho was our best player past October he was winning matches for us right up until he left us in January. I remember the Swansea game in particular which was his last home game and was brilliant.

He's an incredible player. He'd walk into every single team in the league including ours regardless of style of play. Its at least an equal talent to salah. It's well documented that jurgen was trying to convince him to stay right up to last minute. The idea that he knew all along and changed our style for the departure in October is ridiculous. Recency bias at its absolute worst.
    I did say Jurgen "possibley " knew he was going ,
     I'm not sure it was because he was going maybe not, but we defo changed our style and I do think he was our best player until he left us ,
    So I do agree he was class for us, I hate people who try rewrite history , Phil was our best player for over 2 season's

Nicked off Reddit - Andy Robertson's heat map for the season.

2Gc7P.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭Thud

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Linked with Malcom this morning. So that is Fekir, Dembele, Pulisic & the article mentions Leon Bailey too cause why not :rolleyes:
    Don't mind who we get as the players we sign have mainly improved under us as some have even got relegated in other sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ERG89 wrote: »
    Linked with Malcom this morning. So that is Fekir, Dembele, Pulisic & the article mentions Leon Bailey too cause why not :rolleyes:
    Don't mind who we get as the players we sign have mainly improved under us as some have even got relegated in other sides
    Also linked to Yerri Mina , Barcelona CB

Also linked to Yerri Mina , Barcelona CB

His mother named him after Tom & Jerry

That's all I know about the guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Anyone lucky and got a ticket for the final and looking for a place to stay in Kiev

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-44082513

Anyone lucky and got a ticket for the final and looking for a place to stay in Kiev

https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-44082513

Today has been a joke. Ballot results are due by email but no indication of time, people have been refreshing all day. Thomas Cook, the official travel partner upped the flight prices £200+ this morning, put everyone into a queue then sold out the flights before people even know if they have a ticket or not.

Everywhere is jacking up prices making it really difficult to book travel after getting a ticket. You either speculate and pay a crazy price in hopes of getting a ticket or you wait and pay an even crazier price

While it wouldn't help greatly I still think it's disgraceful how few tickets go to the clubs or looking at it another way how many go to UEFA. I accept the sponsers pay the money etc but there's still something wrong about it.

In saying that it looks like the allocation to clubs is up a bit since we were last in the final but that could be just stadium capacity or poor memory issues on my part.

actually just googled this and only 63% of Liverpool's allocation goes to fans. The rest goes to sponsors, officials and the team. So that's around 9,000 tickets allocated to the general fan base.
    Things have changed a lot since 1977

gimli2112 wrote: »
    While it wouldn't help greatly I still think it's disgraceful how few tickets go to the clubs or looking at it another way how many go to UEFA. I accept the sponsers pay the money etc but there's still something wrong about it.

In saying that it looks like the allocation to clubs is up a bit since we were last in the final but that could be just stadium capacity or poor memory issues on my part.

I just don't understand why there was a general sale for ticket back in March. What's the point in a general sale? None of the semis or quarters etc would go to general sale for any of the clubs involved

Those should also go to the club's allocation, you should want fans of the clubs in the finals to have tickets not other fans who speculated and then get to resell at a higher price.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

actually just googled this and only 63% of Liverpool's allocation goes to fans. The rest goes to sponsors, officials and the team. So that's around 9,000 tickets allocated to the general fan base.
    Things have changed a lot since 1977

I'd say a lot of that is down to the club as well making sure their 'partners' get adequate tickets. Uefa hiving off their own big chunk doesn't help either.

5starpool wrote: »
    I'd say a lot of that is down to the club as well making sure their 'partners' get adequate tickets. Uefa hiving off their own big chunk doesn't help either.

As well as the priority rights holders. The bastards.

8-10 wrote: »
    Today has been a joke. Ballot results are due by email but no indication of time, people have been refreshing all day. Thomas Cook, the official travel partner upped the flight prices £200+ this morning, put everyone into a queue then sold out the flights before people even know if they have a ticket or not.

Everywhere is jacking up prices making it really difficult to book travel after getting a ticket. You either speculate and pay a crazy price in hopes of getting a ticket or you wait and pay an even crazier price

Is that the chartered flight from Liverpool?

You know of any other chartered flights?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Is that the chartered flight from Liverpool?

You know of any other chartered flights?

I know 5Times had one too but it sold out. Keep an eye on Twitter.

• Advertisement

1500 more tickets gone into the pool from priority rights unsold tickets

1 in 3 chance now for anyone in the ballot

TAA profile on BBC six o clock news, it'll also be on BBC news channel during Sports report later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Is TAA expected to go to the World Cup? Who plays at RB for Engerland?

See some reports of fierce price gouging in Kiev. One guy had booked a hotel a few weeks back gambling Liverpool would get through, €80 a night. Got cancelled free of charge but they offered to rebook it for him at €1,500 a night. Sure Kiev, what could possibly go wrong.

Would have thought there would be some EU consumer protection regulations for stuff like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Just got a ticket for the Kop on the Saturday night...

Even just getting to watch it there will make me happy as a pig in shîte...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

8-10 wrote: »
    I just don't understand why there was a general sale for ticket back in March. What's the point in a general sale? None of the semis or quarters etc would go to general sale for any of the clubs involved

Those should also go to the club's allocation, you should want fans of the clubs in the finals to have tickets not other fans who speculated and then get to resell at a higher price.

Would the general sale in March not be for locals? That's surely one of the reasons UEFA say they move it around (whether it's true or not, envelops etc), give new cities and different people chances to host and go see big finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

See some reports of fierce price gouging in Kiev. One guy had booked a hotel a few weeks back gambling Liverpool would get through, €80 a night. Got cancelled free of charge but they offered to rebook it for him at €1,500 a night. Sure Kiev, what could possibly go wrong.

Would have thought there would be some EU consumer protection regulations for stuff like this.

Are the Ukraine in the EU?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Are the Ukraine in the EU?

No, ffs this is like Australia in the Eurovision They're applying apparently makes sense as I guess the EU would have had to go with war with Russia when they invaded a few years back.

Muahahaha wrote: »

Kyle Walker has been first pick in the last couple of years. Southgate is using wingbacks these days.

Fromvert wrote: »
    Would the general sale in March not be for locals? That's surely one of the reasons UEFA say they move it around (whether it's true or not, envelops etc), give new cities and different people chances to host and go see big finals.

Nope was sold through UEFA.com, was a lottery system where you register for tickets online for a week or something then a certain amount of tickets sold on random basis, similar to tournaments

I thought about it at the time but didn't bother. Got lucky in the ballot today though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

The Ukraine is a mafia state. My brother used to work there and has plenty of stories to tell.

The €1,500 booking is a shake down - if you offer to pay a 'fine' you will more than likely get the €80 room back. As part of his work package my brother was given an allowance of $10k for bribes or 'fines', what ever he didn't pay out was his to keep after 3 months. His American boss used to lose the rag because the cute Irish bhoy wouldn't pay any 'fines' and as a result spent 12 nights of his first couple of months there in jail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Official club partner Thomas Cook doing themselves proud. :rolleyes:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Official club partner Thomas Cook doing themselves proud. :rolleyes:

Yep, poor form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How do you reckon the EU can fix prices in a non EU Country?

Ukraine is not even an applicant. You're looking at 20-25 years before that happens.

Even so, when has the EU stopped hotels upping prices for events? It happens in Ireland all the time. Supply and demand and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just a warning for those travelling to the final, please note and take care that Kyiv is just 100 miles south of Chernobyl, the site of a massive nuclear accident a few decades ago.

This caution relates to underpants purchased in Kyiv - be very very careful. If you get it wrong chernobyl fallout

Stolen from Reddit. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

The lottery is just that. I tried in 08 for both cups and got 2 tickets for the uefa cup in Manchester. Went over with my dad and it was an experience. Rangers tore the place apart. It was like a war zone the next morning.
    Policing didn't help, it was non existent in the city around 5pm. Lads demented drunk with slabs watching the big screens, then the screen broke and all hell broke loose. Thankfully we were at the stadium when it all kicked off. We didn't speak to each other for about 3 hours cos anytime we did a drunken Ger gave us grief.
    Imagine being a man utd fan in the kop when they score! That's what it was like when zenit scored, twice! Great night tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Fieldog wrote: »
    Just got a ticket for the Kop on the Saturday night...

Even just getting to watch it there will make me happy as a pig in shîte...

I nearly missed it after looking out for it just happened to bump into another fan at the Derry game who told me tickets were on sale and got lucky to get one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mane is supposedly a doubt for Sundays game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

VVD and Salah’s contracts have leaked.

Along with a few others from other teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

VVD and Salah’s contracts have leaked.

Along with a few others from other teams.

Do they have “anyone but Arsenal” clauses too?

• Advertisement

Mane is supposedly a doubt for Sundays game.

If Lallana can't start we should play with 10 men as Ings & Solanke are that bad :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

martyos121 wrote: »
    Do they have “anyone but Arsenal” clauses too?

Haha.

I haven’t read them myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Shows what good deals Liverpool do, at Utd they'd get paid twice as much and be half as productive (they've picked the wrong team!:p)

0_0
    Note to self - hire Alexis Sanchez' agent to negotiate any work contract, prenup or mortgage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Nothing in work is worse than knowing that some useless pric is on more money than you.

In some situations even were someone actually gets paid for that "they do".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

In the last few games, it's been Kieran Trippier as a right wing-back and Kyle Walker on the right of the three centre backs.

Would say that TAA's chances may improve with Gomez's absence but would still be slim really.

The 23-man squad is quite restrictive and given that that is two players who can play on the right, it's hard to see Southgate bringing an extra player for that role. Especially when, if really stuck, you could see Jones, Dier or Stones (if they're there!) able to do it in a flat back four. I'd imagine Joe Gomez had been marked in for the dual role of CB and RB based on his starts against Germany and/or Brazil (I don't watch too many England friendlies tbh!!) but the injury has put an end to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭Grueller

How could he sure, that would be Gomez and him as international quality defenders and everyone knows our defence is sh1t?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No bonus for Sanchez for a FA cup win, it's almost like Utd don't consider it a big trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Grueller wrote: »
    How could he sure, that would be Gomez and him as international quality defenders and everyone knows our defence is sh1t?

But so are Engerland!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement