Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Mane injured. Balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Should be able to survive without him tomorrow. As long as he's fresh for the final that's the main thing. Jesus all of a sudden I'm jittery about all the lads getting to the final in one piece. :o

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Should be able to survive without him tomorrow. As long as he's fresh for the final that's the main thing. Jesus all of a sudden I'm jittery about all the lads getting to the final in one piece. :o

He's been our best forward in recent weeks. Hopefully he'll be fit for the CL final anyhow at least. Time for Ings to shine tomorrow hopefully.

Growing concern that Brewster might not sign a professional contract with us, and seeing how Woodburn has fared this season it's hard to blame him really.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/11/liverpool-fear-rhian-brewster-tempted-to-bundesliga

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Ing is so below the quality of Mané its concerning. How we got away with our front 3 playing every big game for so long is a minor miracle tbh.

Should still have enough for tomorrow so hopefully the injury to Mané is slight. The thought of either Ings or Solanke starting a CL final is ridiculous with only one player injured.

• Advertisement

NukaCola wrote: »
    Ing is so below the quality of Mants concerning. How we got away with our front 3 playing every big game for so long is a minor miracle tbh.

Should still have enough for tomorrow so hopefully the injury to Mans slight. The thought of either Ings or Solanke starting a CL final is ridiculous with only one player injured.

It's not really just one player though. Lallana (if fit) and Chamberlain in particular would have played in the front 3 ahead of Ings if fit. Wijnaldum would also play there I reckon ahead of him if we weren't so short in midfield too. The only other option really, is for Wijnaldum to play in a front 3, TAA to play in midfield again, and Clyne to play at RB. I think swapping in Ings though is the way he'll go, although Clyne may play anyhow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

NukaCola wrote: »
    Ing is so below the quality of Mané its concerning. How we got away with our front 3 playing every big game for so long is a minor miracle tbh.

Should still have enough for tomorrow so hopefully the injury to Mané is slight. The thought of either Ings or Solanke starting a CL final is ridiculous with only one player injured.
    That's why the ox injury was such bad news. He would have been the ideal player to slot into manes position. I wouldn't be surprised if clyne starts tomorrow taa in midfield and milner on the left.

If Ox was fit I'd think he'd play in CM as a link player from Midfield to attack rather than in the front 3. I'm not sure he's suited to it best, he'd probably do a better job than anyone else in the squad to slot in to Manés position currently but we have missed that drive in midfield just as much.

5starpool wrote: »
    It's not really just one player though. Lallana (if fit) and Chamberlain in particular would have played in the front 3 ahead of Ings if fit. Wijnaldum would also play there I reckon ahead of him if we weren't so short in midfield too. The only other option really, is for Wijnaldum to play in a front 3, TAA to play in midfield again, and Clyne to play at RB. I think swapping in Ings though is the way he'll go, although Clyne may play anyhow tomorrow.

Yea, but from what I remember, bar maybe the odd game for a few minutes here and there, it was Coutinho slotting in as well as Solanke and Ings since Jan. Lallana/Ox/Wij are not best suited to the front 3 IMO. We were never in the position where we had to use them so its hard to know if they can do it to a high standard, its just a shame that now in the biggest 2 games of the season we could see this as an issue.

I think Klopp sees Ings and Solanke possibly Ox as the backup to the front 3. And even then if Ox was fit he'd probably play CM IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

On the off-chance that Mane is out for the final, I think we'll see TAA slot into midfield alongside Henderson, Wijnaldum & Milner. Clyne at right-back and a front two of Firmino and Salah. Not ideal at all, but what else is there really? Can only see Ings starting if 2 of the front 3 are out.... what a horrible thought that is :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Start Moreno instead of Mane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I don't read every page on the thread but did anyone think much of Madrid loss mid week? It was minus Ronaldo obviously.

I don't think it matters that they're 17 points behind Barca, they just seem a different team in the CL as do we.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Vvd five million pound loyalty bonus, is that every year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Vvd five million pound loyalty bonus, is that every year?

No, a loyalty bonus is paid out if the club sells the player while he's still under contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Start Lallana

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I don't read every page on the thread but did anyone think much of Madrid loss mid week? It was minus Ronaldo obviously.

I don't think it matters that they're 17 points behind Barca, they just seem a different team in the CL as do we.

It was almost entirely a second string team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

5starpool wrote: »
    Growing concern that Brewster might not sign a professional contract with us, and seeing how Woodburn has fared this season it's hard to blame him really.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/may/11/liverpool-fear-rhian-brewster-tempted-to-bundesliga

Brewster is this years next big thing that will probably leave and do nothing, remember the hype about Jordan rossiter for example?
    He could look at Woodburns situation as a negative or perhaps look at Harry Wilsons as a positive of what can happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

klose wrote: »
    Brewster is this years next big thing that will probably leave and do nothing, remember the hype about Jordan rossiter for example?
    He could look at Woodburns situation as a negative or perhaps look at Harry Wilsons as a positive of what can happen.

Rossiter has had a rotten time with injuries, but Jordan Stewart is another who's done sweet Fanny Adams since strutting off.

Might be alright for tomorrow, but Moreno doesn't add a lot to that front 3, no composure, eye for a pass or intelligence which is required to make it click. He has pace that may cause problems, I'd say he'd press like crazy and a part of me would like to see what he is like in that position for some reason but long term I wouldn't be sad if he didn't have a role anywhere here, and I'm not sure he should either tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

corwill wrote: »
    Rossiter has had a rotten time with injuries, but Jordan Stewart is another who's done sweet Fanny Adams since strutting off.

Almost none of them amount to much. Cutthroat nature of the business.

You can go back to Rafa's first bunch of young'uns, Nemeth, Anderson, Pacheco a bit later.
    The lads on the Anfid Wrap were talking up Lloyd Jones as future captain material. It wasn't any worse a shout than any other predictions of youth players rising to glory, but he's nowhere.

Suso and Sterling and maybe Gulasci are virtually the only medium level or better products since Gerrard, and even then we reaped little of the rewards. It'd make you wonder what's the point.
    Trent has a long way to go but hopefully he bucks the trend. We've already seen Warnock and Flanagan get runs in the side before sliding down into relative obscurity.

Maybe these lads would all be better going into the lower leagues and giving the youth teams of the top half of the PL a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Jerome sinclair is another who I remember there being a big deal made of when he moved on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

MarkY91 wrote: »

Benzema, Ramos, Casemiro were the only real main first teamers that played. They still had a strong team full of top quality but they didnt look great. They are probably the same as us right now and playing at half speed. Nobody wants an injury a couple of weeks before a Champions League final and a World cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kevin Stewart? The lad we somehow got money off Hull for?

Man, himself and Robertsons careers have gone in massively different directions since then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Keita's last game for Leipzig today and then he's ours :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Knex. wrote: »

Man, himself and Robertsons careers have gone in massively different directions since then!

I remember we signed Steward the same day as a keeper Lawerence Vigoroux. Whom I only remember because he's now playing with Waterford.. only 4 years ago he signed for LFC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Keita's last game for Leipzig today and then he's ours :)

What's the story there can he be around the club from the get go or does he have to wait until July 1st. I assume they can't police his whereabouts! Would like to think he gets to familiarise himself with his new surroundings asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Start Lallana

That may be the choice he makes as he's hinted that Lallana will be getting some match time tomorrow...

Kevin was a hand-me-down from Spurs, I think? Before he came to us?

Jordan is yer man who went to Watford on biggish money, negotiated by Sterling's agent/hell-spawn.

What's the story there can he be around the club from the get go or does he have to wait until July 1st. I assume they can't police his whereabouts! Would like to think he gets to familiarise himself with his new surroundings asap.

He'll more than likely be at the CL final...apart from that he'll be off on hols I'd imagine.

Quite likely start at melwood whenever the rest if the 1st team not involved at the WC are back for pre season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Brewsters only 18, Doubt hes going anywhere too far.

Augeo wrote: »
    He'll more than likely be at the CL final...apart from that he'll be off on hols I'd imagine.

Quite likely start at melwood whenever the rest if the 1st team not involved at the WC are back for pre season.

Was thinking about that yesterday - we have a good chunk of the 1st team not playing in the WC - Karius, potentially TAA, presumably Clyne, VVD, potentially Lallana, Robertson, Gini, Millie, Keita, Klavan, Moreno plus any other returns from injury (or loanee's for that matter )- that's a solid bunch to get working on July 2nd...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Gbear wrote: »
    Almost none of them amount to much. Cutthroat nature of the business.

Suso and Sterling and maybe Gulasci are virtually the only medium level or better products since Gerrard, and even then we reaped little of the rewards. It'd make you wonder what's the point.

Apart from the brilliant season we got out of Sterling before selling him for £50m???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Well thank god for that, I was worried the match wasn’t fixed in our favour there for a while. At least now I can buy the champagne in bulk for this day two weeks. Anyone know how much it’d cost to tattoo six gold stars across the neck? Going to head down next week but I don’t want to be caught out.

With our record of penalty misses they would probably need to give use 5/6 of them.

• Advertisement

If decisions even out over the course of a season we'll probably be due 5/6 peno's anyway so it wont be suspicious....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Anyone going to bother watching it now so?

Might see if there's hurling on...

Anyone going to bother watching it now so?

Might see if there's hurling on...

What, you think we wouldn't all have been watching Offaly v Wexford anyway?

Sure I'll see ye all down in Tullamore the next day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

BenEadir wrote: »
    Apart from the brilliant season we got out of Sterling before selling him for £50m???

We need players more than we need money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Baby Keith, baby Keith we've got a baby and he's called Keith. :)

Taken off at 5-2 up with 75 mins gone. Leipzig finished the season in a EL place so its £52 million to pay

Derek Originals scored today as Wolfsburg beat bottom side FC Koln. They have a play off tie now v Holstein Kiel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

marno21 wrote: »
    I remember we signed Steward the same day as a keeper Lawerence Vigoroux. Whom I only remember because he's now playing with Waterford.. only 4 years ago he signed for LFC
    That would be Lawrence '5000 pennies' Vigouroux. His behaviour after he incurred a £50 fine while on loan at Swindon ended his Liverpool career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

martyos121 wrote: »
    Well thank god for that, I was worried the match wasn’t fixed in our favour there for a while. At least now I can buy the champagne in bulk for this day two weeks. Anyone know how much it’d cost to tattoo six gold stars across the neck? Going to head down next week but I don’t want to be caught out.

Well UEFA did load a page (and promptly took it down shortly afterwards) a couple of weeks ago naming Liverpool as 2018 CL champions, so.....

Baby Keith, baby Keith we've got a baby and he's called Keith. :)

Taken off at 5-2 up with 75 mins gone. Leipzig finished the season in a EL place so its £52 million to pay

Can't wait to see him play - if we can get a decent addition out of the Fekir, Pulisic etc rumours then the U.S. tour games can't come quick enough. Wonder when we'll hear what Hair Can is up to - will he wait until after the final league game or the CL final? Have Juve officially backed off considering their time-limit for a decision passed a couple of weeks ago and he's still injured?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Well UEFA did load a page (and promptly took it down shortly afterwards) a couple of weeks ago naming Liverpool as 2018 CL champions, so.....

I bet they did another place holder with Real Madrid just to be fair :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

How bad are Mane’s injured balls?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Gbear wrote: »
    A few more for your list:

Gabriel Paletta went on be capped by Italy and play for AC Milan.

Emiliano Insua went on to play at a decent level (Atletico, Sporting, Stuttgart) and was capped by Argentina.

Mikel San Jose returned to Athletico Bilbao and has been capped by Spain.

The British players are impeded by their attitude and egos - Tom Ince is another that fell victim to believing his own hype.

So Pearce say we will be spending big this summer.
    With the Coutinho money unspent and on the back of a Champions League run which has generated in excess of £70million, the stage is set for another big investment in Klopp's squad this summer.

Fenway Sports Group know that greater depth is required to ensure that Liverpool maintain a challenge both at home and abroad.

If any offers for Salah do arrive this summer, they will be instantly dismissed. This is a £200million talent who is driving the Reds forward. Liverpool intend to add more quality around him, not entertain replacing him.

Too often in the modern era a player has lit up Anfield, taken the leap into the world class bracket, kissed the badge and then jumped ship.

Klopp intends to break that cycle. He believes that Salah will buck the trend and dedicate the best years of his career to the Reds.

Liverpool and Salah has proved to be a match made in heaven. Now it's down to Klopp and the owners to demonstrate sufficient ambition over the coming years to ensure that he has no need to cast any admiring glances elsewhere.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/mohamed-salahs-declaration-love-liverpool-14646747.amp?__twitter_impression=true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Heard this all too often. Seems to be the same stuff spouted at this time every year by the usual journalists with ties to the club.

We will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

There’s a tweet for ricero’s **** bank.

ricero wrote: »
    Heard this all too often. Seems to be the same stuff spouted at this time every year by the usual journalists with ties to the club.

We will have to wait and see.

No surprise then that we are in a relegation dogfight tomorrow and not involved in the last European club game of the season in two weeks.

FSG out penny pinching bastards.!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement