Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The fact that people still put more emphasis on the price rather than the player is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Baby Keith, baby Keith we've got a baby and he's called Keith. :)

Taken off at 5-2 up with 75 mins gone. Leipzig finished the season in a EL place so its £52 million to pay

Derek Originals scored today as Wolfsburg beat bottom side FC Koln. They have a play off tie now v Holstein Kiel

That's either one very obscure nickname or autocorrect kicked in. Could go either way with this forum.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

I know it's probably optimistic BS, but I really do think Salah's gonna stick with us.

The Salah chant doesn't hurt, but I really think he buys into what Klopp wants to achieve with the team, he's not a South American with a dream to play for Barca (he always chose Liverpool on Fifa as a kid), he's already said he wants to be a Liverpool legend (or words to that effect) and he just looks so comfortable with the team.

He knows the fans love him, he feels respected and it might be a stupid point but Spain and muslims aren't happy bed-fellows and if we push on in the league next year it just feels like he's in no rush to cash-in elsewhere...

ricero wrote: »
    Heard this all too often. Seems to be the same stuff spouted at this time every year by the usual journalists with ties to the club.

We will have to wait and see.

Ah C’mon...the transfer window hasn’t even opened yet :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That's either one very obscure nickname or autocorrect kicked in. Could go either way with this forum.

It's an auto-correct thing but makes a good nickmane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Are we gonna start hearing the dreaded "Net spend" again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    The fact that people still put more emphasis on the price rather than the player is shocking.

Pogba for £90m or Salah for £37m....hmmmm.....decisions decisions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

ricero wrote: »
    Heard this all too often. Seems to be the same stuff spouted at this time every year by the usual journalists with ties to the club.

We will have to wait and see.
    And fans still buy it every year. That said Salah will be at Liverpool for at least another season imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£8m for Robertson amazing value for money bargain of the season.

Salah talking Roma down on price by £20m on a player now worth £200m

Sh1t even Ox was value for money.

VVD & Ketia signed.

Players sold for crazy money and profit and that profit being used to buy new players.

FSG backing there manager to the hilt and FSG are still being blamed lol

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    Are we gonna start hearing the dreaded "Net spend" again?

Or the £200m available pot to spend that's been mentioned in the click-bait press every year for the last 3 or 4 years...

Pogba for £90m or Salah for £37m....hmmmm.....decisions decisions

Suarez cost less than Carroll.
    What was Coutinho, 10m?
    Robertson.

Suarez cost less than Carroll.
    What was Coutinho, 10m?
    Robertson.

Or Millie for free - best bit of business in years...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Talisman wrote:
    The British players are impeded by their attitude and egos - Tom Ince is another that fell victim to believing his own hype.

Yeah happens a lot of young players who are interested in earning a big contract rather than earning more minutes.
    If Brewster was at a City or Chelsea where young players haven't got a chance despite doing well in FA Youth Cups, etc I'd understand but Liverpool give a chance if they need someone. I think had we wrapped up 4th earlier Woodburn would be playing more but we drew too many when we were after Europe in recent weeks. TAA has got his chance, made mistakes which is expected for a young player & I don't see him as being someone who we want to drop from the squad. If Brewster was fit giving our lack of options up top I wouldn't have been shocked if he got a few call ups.
    So Pearce say we will be spending big this summer.

No mention of a "warchest" so I'm not buying it.

£8m for Robertson amazing value for money bargain of the season.

Salah talking Roma down on price by £20m on a player now worth £200m

Sh1t even Ox was value for money.

VVD & Ketia signed.

FSG backing there manager to the hilt and FSG are still being blamed lol
    Don't think anyone is claiming they're doing a bad job. Just that they've a history of cashing in on our best players. That's just a fact. 
    If they stick to the same modus operandi they've been using for years then logic would predict they'll cash in on Salah at some point. Hope they buck this trend but that's the way they've operated until now.

That’s a very pointed way of looking at it. They took over at a time when player power was really coming to the fore.

• Advertisement

magma69 wrote: »
    Don't think anyone is claiming they're doing a bad job. Just that they've a history of cashing in on our best players. That's just a fact. 
    If they stick to the same modus operandi they've been using for years then logic would predict they'll cash in on Salah at some point. Hope they buck this trend but that's the way they've operated until now.

What do you do if a player really wants to leave? Suarez could have walked a year earlier, Coutinho 5 months, while Sterling was just fecking hell bent on getting out regardless of the reputational damage done to him. Until Liverpool win something big it's always going to happen esp when an Uber-Club comes knocking.

Oh and Liverpools wage structure isn't helping. As much as I enjoy the fact LFC pay half what Man Utd does for better players it is an issue re Barca, Real and City

FSG also took over the club expecting FFP to actually be a thing and in the years since they have been owners they have set the club up to be self sufficient and not need be sugar daddied while also growing the club worldwide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I got the new jersey in XL but decided I want the L size instead. I kept the receipt unfortunately.

So does anyone want it for €60? (It's €70 in shops)

I'm located in kimmage, Dublin 12. It was literally tried on once, just a little too baggy.

What do you do if a player really wants to leave? Suarez could have walked a year earlier, Coutinho 5 months, while Sterling was just fecking hell bent on getting out regardless of the reputational damage done to him. Until Liverpool win something big it's always going to happen esp when an Uber-Club comes knocking.

Oh and Liverpools wage structure isn't helping. As much as I enjoy the fact LFC pay half what Man Utd does for better players it is an issue re Barca, Real and City
    Don't disagree with any of what you said. When clubs like Real and Barca come knocking offering mad money to a player that wants to leave there's not a huge amount they can do.

However, that still doesn't change the fact promises that Salah will stay, just like the promises of all those other guys staying are hot air to appease gullible fans.

That’s a very pointed way of looking at it.  They took over at a time when player power was really coming to the fore.
    And that's still the situation now. So why are promises of Salah staying long term any more credible?

• Advertisement

And that's still the situation now. So why are promises of Salah staying long term any more credible?

Because we really want him to stay:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

brevity wrote: »

In fairness, always a chance of a pen as it's not being reffed by a PL ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I got the new jersey in XL but decided I want the L size instead. I kept the receipt unfortunately.

So does anyone want it for €60? (It's €70 in shops)

I'm located in kimmage, Dublin 12. It was literally tried on once, just a little too baggy.

If it's still tagged etc I'd just bring it back to the shop. They should swap it no problem.

I assume you meant you didn't keep the receipt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    I know it's probably optimistic BS, but I really do think Salah's gonna stick with us.

The Salah chant doesn't hurt, but I really think he buys into what Klopp wants to achieve with the team, he's not a South American with a dream to play for Barca (HE ALWAYS CHOSE LIVERPOOL ON FIFA AS A KID), he's already said he wants to be a Liverpool legend (or words to that effect) and he just looks so comfortable with the team.

He knows the fans love him, he feels respected and it might be a stupid point but Spain and muslims aren't happy bed-fellows and if we push on in the league next year it just feels like he's in no rush to cash-in elsewhere...

Im not trying to disagree with you or being negative but he had a chance to sign for Liverpool a few years ago and chose the Chelsea. I know it was different times and circumstances but he still picked another club to the one he now says he idolised as a kid.
    I love the lad, he's been a revelation and seems like the most level headed footballer out there, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on after a few seasons if he keeps playing at the level he is now. Hopefully not tho!

The players they cashed in on, Torres, Suarez, Sterling and Coutinho spring to mind, all wanted to go for various reasons.

I'm cautiously optimistic that it might be different with Salah.

Hopfully we're at the start of something.

If we win the Champion's League this season and build on that and starting winning premiership titles and competing for future Champion's League then why would he want to leave?

FSG though need to put the money in the squad, it's light at the moment a has been shown over the last few weeks and quality players need other quality players around them to improve and keep them keen.

.red. wrote: »
    Im not trying to disagree with you or being negative but he had a chance to sign for Liverpool a few years ago and chose the Chelsea. I know it was different times and circumstances but he still picked another club to the one he now says he idolised as a kid.
    I love the lad, he's been a revelation and seems like the most level headed footballer out there, I wouldn't be surprised to see him move on after a few seasons if he keeps playing at the level he is now. Hopefully not tho!

Liverpool stalled on the deal and Chelsea and Mourinho in their pomp swooped in.

I think the experience has made him stronger and he's probably a better player now mentally than he would have been if he'd come to us.

Wouldn't hold the Chelsea signing against him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Only 6 more sleeps until the craziness of the transfer window gets into full swing!

murpho999 wrote: »

Wouldn't hold the Chelsea signing against him at all.

I wouldn't hold it against him, and he seems to be loving life at Anfield but I wouldn't get carried away by the "boyhood fan" stuff. Heard it all before and in my opinion anyway, if it was true he'd have signed back in 2014.
    Probably a good thing he didn't join back then or it could have been a different story and he could be tearing the EPL apart now with Chelsea.

The last non English player to sign that was a boyhood fan, and I actually believed was Jari Litmanen. Just a pity he didn't work out as I was genuinely ecstatic when he signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Talisman wrote: »
    Only 6 more sleeps until the craziness of the transfer window gets into full swing!

Yeah, you are as well to miss the first day anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bale hitting form at the wrong time.

He will start in the final now.

• Advertisement

I never said they were credible. But the possibility of Salah saying he wants to stay and then changing his mind doesn’t equate to FSG ‘cashing in’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Oh golly

This is like an audition. Of Academy Award winners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MD1990 wrote: »

Just as well. That’ll be a substitution wasted early when a slight gust of wind knocks him over and he breaks his hip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

MD1990 wrote: »

No sign of Ronaldo tonight...is he still injured?

Liverpool consider reporting Borussia Monchengladbach for illegal approach to Rhian Brewster
    Liverpool are weighing up whether to report Borussia Monchengladbach for an illegal approach to their 18-year-old striker Rhian Brewster, who now looks certain to join the Bundesliga club at the end of the season.

Brewster, an England Under-17 World Cup winner, has never signed a professional deal at Liverpool but the club have triggered the third year of his scholarship deal which means that he is not currently allowed to speak to other clubs even outside the Premier League. There has also been great interest from Red Bull Leipzig and Liverpool are closely monitoring that situation.

Brewster is held in great regard at Liverpool and is a well-liked member of the first team and Under-23s squad, currently recovering from injury.

He was praised extensively by Jurgen Klopp in his Football Writers’ Association speech in honour of footballer of the year Mohamed Salah, at the ceremony on Thursday night, for the teenager’s stance against the racist abuse he received playing for club and country.

There is also sympathy for those Liverpool youngsters who find themselves up against such formidable competition to break into the first team and acknowledgment that playing in Germany is a much more navigable path to first team action. However, Liverpool will act to protect their own interests this summer when he leaves the club with a clear idea that Brewster has been approached.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/12/liverpool-consider-reporting-borussia-monchengladbach-illegal/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Talisman wrote: »

Not for us anyhow. We'll be getting the last trifling game out of the way first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

There must be some great rollercoasters in Schmedeswurtherwesterdeich.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Looks like Gareth Bale has hit form for Real Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43898708

Nice little article from the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Is Mane gone for tomorrow?

I hear Gareth Bale has hit form at just the right time.

Yep, just at the right time indeed

Modric is in good nic. We got Milner. Bring it on

Bring back Anfield cat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

No sign of Ronaldo tonight...is he still injured?

he's ok for the final.

It's mental imo, us against Real Madrid. Whatever happens its a great job by Klopp and a great season

I'm hoping to lose my 10 quid bet on Brighton/Chelsea double tomorrow. 1000 quid bet at the odds might be compensation, a tenner isn't really anything except I'm hoping that anytime I bet on Liverpool it loses comes to fruition again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I was going to risk a tenner on that double but my spidy senses told me that Rafa would rally his troops and spoil Chelsea's party.

So just stuck the tenner on Brighton:)

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was going to risk a tenner on that double but my spidy senses told me that Rafa would rally his troops and spoil Chelsea's party.

So just stuck the tenner on Brighton:)

Not that I'll be happy if we lose, but if Chelsea don't win, I ultimately won't care.

Seen a lot of people mention the Benitez factor....doubt he gives a sh!t tbh.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement