Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Seen a lot of people mention the Benitez factor....doubt he gives a sh!t tbh.
    It could be his last game as manager of Newcastle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A lovely sunny morning in Liverpool just waiting for Liverpool to lose now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A lovely sunny morning in Liverpool just waiting for Liverpool to lose now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

murpho999 wrote: »
    If it's still tagged etc I'd just bring it back to the shop. They should swap it no problem.

I assume you meant you didn't keep the receipt?

Yeah that's what I meant.

No tags neither. Someone in adverts is getting a good bargain at €50. Expensive mistake for me lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm more excited than fearful about today's game. It feels like it's been ages since we played. Last weeks game was a big disappointment but I think we'll put it right today.

I'm more excited than fearful about today's game. It feels like it's been ages since we played. Last weeks game was a big disappointment but I think we'll put it right today.

Before Chelsea midweek draw, I was terrified for today's game, I'm now more relaxed that we just need a draw and I've also regained confidence again from our bad form. I think we will easily win.

What I'm worried about is Salah breaking the goalscoring record and everyone staying injury free.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Before Chelsea midweek draw, I was terrified for today's game, I'm now more relaxed that we just need a draw and I've also regained confidence again from our bad form. I think we will easily win.

What I'm worried about is Salah breaking the goalscoring record and everyone staying injury free.

Injuries are definitely a worry and we'll all probably be wincing at every tackle. I'm not too bothered about the goalscoring record...it would be nice if he did it but it's not that important really. Have a feeling in my gut (very scientific) Chelsea will draw today and we'll win handy enough.

Injuries are definitely a worry and we'll all probably be wincing at every tackle. I'm not too bothered about the goalscoring record...it would be nice if he did it but it's not that important really. Have a feeling in my gut (very scientific) Chelsea will draw today and we'll win handy enough.

I've a feeling Chelsea will draw too. Still a possibility of 3rd place so will be keeping an eye on spurs just as much as Chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A lot of buzz on twitter that Butland to lfc is a done deal.

Hopefully no scares today and we get the job done.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    I've a feeling Chelsea will draw too. Still a possibility of 3rd place so will be keeping an eye on spurs just as much as Chelsea.
    Leicester have been on holidays since they reached safety in the league and were knocked out of the FA Cup by Chelsea. Their only win since then was at home to Arsenal, which wasn't a surprise considering their away record in 2018 stands at 0 points won. Tottenham will win the game comfortably and it's not beyond the realm of possibility for Kane to bag another hat-trick against the team that conceded 5 goals against Crystal Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

ricero wrote: »
    A lot of buzz on twitter that Butland to lfc is a done deal.

Hopefully no scares today and we get the job done.

Not sure if he's an upgrade at all, replacement for Mig maybe?.....I'm sure they know what they are doing but Butland doesn't look a GK to deliver that extra 8-10 points you'd expect a top GK to earn us....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

NukaCola wrote: »
    Not sure if he's an upgrade at all, replacement for Mig maybe?.....I'm sure they know what they are doing but Butland doesn't look a GK to deliver that extra 8-10 points you'd expect a top GK to earn us....

I fear he might be a Mig replacement in more ways than one, and maybe not good ways. That said, I was spectacularly wrong about last summer's recruitment, I feel like I ought to wait around Anfield some day to apologise to the Ox in person for referring to him as the next Jermaine Jenas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,642 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

12 months ago I'd have jumped all over butland, but it seems that the bad injury he had a year or so ago has effected him. He's been ordinary this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Right I'm off to Canada hopefully when I check my phone again everything is nice and calm in here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

About 2 hrs to go. Really looking foward to seeing a Sunday stroll around Anfield and a very comfortable 3-0 win.
    Probably won't happen that way but it would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Lallana starting according to twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

robwen wrote: »

Do you have the full team.

He's nowhere near being the player he was before the injury in 2016. He had three operations to correct the fractured ankle and in January 2017 they thought he would need another one. He didn't go for the additional surgery so that he could get back into the team before the end of the season.

Stoke fans I know believe that the club forced him back and the decision has affected his performances. Since returning he has been less agile, slower to come for the ball and clears the ball shorter than before. Clearing the ball shorter could be a playing style change for the team but the other two observations could be linked to his physical and mental recovery.

The fact that he isn't worse than Mignolet and he is another home grown player for the European squad are probably the two most convincing arguments for signing the player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

I really hope the team comes out strong today and puts in a good performance and wins.

But... If we lose and end up in 5th, is that not just another sign that it's 2005 all over again and we'll win the CL? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Even if mane is fit Lallana will need to get some gametime

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Reckon we can get 11 alright.

corwill wrote: »
    I feel like I ought to wait around Anfield some day to apologise to the Ox in person for referring to him as the next Jermaine Jenas.
    :D

Talisman wrote: »
    He's nowhere near being the player he was before the injury in 2016. He had three operations to correct the fractured ankle and in January 2017 they thought he would need another one. He didn't go for the additional surgery so that he could get back into the team before the end of the season.

Stoke fans I know believe that the club forced him back and the decision has affected his performances. Since returning he has been less agile, slower to come for the ball and clears the ball shorter than before. Clearing the ball shorter could be a playing style change for the team but the other two observations could be linked to his physical and mental recovery.

The fact that he isn't worse than Mignolet and he is another home grown player for the European squad are probably the two most convincing arguments for signing the player.

Unless karius goes to Sh1t again butland won't start for us in the PL so it's a meaningless enough signing. Mignolet must want out for 1st team time elsewhere.

No just that Mane def out & Lallana in

Augeo wrote: »
    Unless karius goes to Sh1t again butland won't start for us in the PL so it's a meaningless enough signing. Mignolet must want out for 1st team time elsewhere.
    The 2015/16 Jack Butland would be a definite upgrade on both Karius and Mignolet. If Butland's performance level is due to his ankle and it's simply a case that he needs time for his ankle to properly heal then it could be a shrewd signing. It's purely speculation at this point.

• Advertisement

Won't happen but I reckon Klopp could make a player out of Martial. He'd excel in a non puke-football team.

Twitter lied lol

No just that Mane def out & Lallana in

Your source is BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Milner injured?

• Advertisement

I wonder if we're going 4-2-3-1 today? Firmino as the "10".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

So that's a 4-2-1-3 with Firmino a bit deeper?

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Your source is BS

My faith in the twitter itk is crushed forever, just in time for the transfer season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

My faith in the twitter itk is crushed forever, just in time for the transfer season

Its for the best

That's a good thing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Shame about Mane being out but at least Lallana starts eh?

Eh?

Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Probably the same lads who said Buvac was back during the week.

Firmino or Mané playing a deeper role?

Yawns wrote: »
    Shame about Mane being out but at least Lallana starts eh?

Eh?

Eh?

Buvac was the leak

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Firmino or Manlaying a deeper role?

Either a 4231 with Firmino as the 10 behind Solanke, or a 442 with Salah and Mane as the wide midfielders I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Formation is irrelevant really, Brighton to win 3-1, chelsea will definitely win as well, definitely.

Formation is irrelevant really, Brighton to win 3-1, chelsea will definitely win as well, definitely.

But Solanke gets our goal & breaks his duck that's the main thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Feeling very confident today. Expect a walk in the park 3 or 4 nil.

Wonder what Solanke will do today, I'm have a lot of doubts about him.

So that's a 4-2-1-3 with Firmino a bit deeper?

4-2-1-3 is 4-3-3

bcf.png

Solanke is just not ready yet.......getting the odd start and minutes makes it very hard to see if he ever will be. Starting games every week will give us a better idea and thats not going to happen here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

4-3-3 is 4-1-2-3 and 4-2-1-3.

It'll probably end up 1-5-4 in any event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

4-3-3 is 4-1-2-3 and 4-2-1-3.

It'll probably end up 1-5-4 in any event.

Firmino being the 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The only thing I want from today to show we are not tired. Obviously that means a win but a lot of talk recently is that we look tired and out of steam. If we can put on a show to stop all that talk I'll be happy. Just go for it and then we have two weeks to rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Mr.H wrote: »
    The only thing I want from today to show we are not tired. Obviously that means a win but a lot of talk recently is that we look tired and out of steam. If we can put on a show to stop all that talk I'll be happy. Just go for it and then we have two weeks to rest.

Tiredness is something people throw out when they're not winning game.

The truth is that they have been distracted by the Champion's League.

With the final being 2 weeks away, they have plenty of recovery time so they know what they have to do today and I fully expect them to do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement