Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

champions league ur havin a laugh
    champions league ur havin a laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

MD1990 wrote: »
    Brillant 2nd half.

Wijnaldum was superb. Salah,Mane & Firmino excellent.

Van Dijk excellent after his error & Lovren was very good as well.

But for me Trent AA was the best player over the 2 legs. What a player at 19.

absolutely un f00king realZZZ....................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Real Madrid are the form team., some outstanding performances this year.

But their defence. They will have sleepless nights with the thought of our front 3 running at them. I wouldn't say no to them.

Roma are obviously the ones to get but they are a capable team but we would certainly fancy ourselves.

Bayern, bucket loads of experience all over the pitch, would prefer not to get them.

A fixed draw sees Real and Bayern in opposite semis.

Real and Buyern have a 33% chance of drawing each other in the semis, which leaves a 67% chance of them not facing each other. Still a fix though!

Thud wrote: »
    If the draw is fixed like last one Bayern and Real will be kept apart.

not a f00king afraid of any of them chief,, beinggggz em on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Can you guess the last time they made it this far in the European Cup? :D

Has it anything got to to do with a penalty shootout😠A final that Liverpool won 4-2.

I also know we've never won the PL but it doesn't mean we never won a top English league title.

I was referring to the the now modern day CL and I was still genuinely in disbelief that that Roma hadn't made it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Roma are a surprise inclusion in the semi finals. I'll have them or Bayern and then do Real Madrid in the final.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    If Roma got this far they're deserving of respect. There are no bad teams in the SF of the European Cup

worried about that direct shíte... decco from the E BloK is goods... but v VAN d... should snuff him 0ut !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'd rather Real didn't make it to the final tbh (if we get there)

eyerer wrote: »
    When's the draw for the semis?

Google says Friday, can't wait :D

What a team we have

yup deffo gotta cubicle **** it :eek::eek:

• Advertisement

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Actually special mention to Karius with the time wasting tonight, was excellent at slowing the game down. Also all the city fans around me were going mental due to it which was a bonus.

Was that you in the Twitter video getting boxed in the head by Citeh fans after celebrating Salah's goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

So on a completely different note - whats the win worth to the club money wise? Is it massive or is the premier league finish more important financially?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ardinn wrote: »
    So on a completely different note - whats the win worth to the club money wise? Is it massive or is the premier league finish more important financially?

I think the actual purse itself isn't all that incredible, comparatively speaking - but the additional money through advertising revenue as a Champions League Winner puts the CL waaay higher.

Brilliant results. I missed the first 20 minutes or so, and we badly needed the half time whistle, but we were excellent in the second period, led by gigi and the ox in particular, as well as milner being milner. A lot off lazy analysis in the run up to the game by pundits, saying they Liverpool have no defence. Have they seen us play since January, Robertson/virgil/karius have transformed us into a solid if not perfect unit.

Say a good tweet on TV 3: 'imagine if Sterling was still at Liverpool, we'd be able to play a front 3 of Mane, Fermino, and Salah' :)

Milzner mom for me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Even more so than Real Madrid, I'm terrified that Sevilla beat Bayern and we draw them :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

ardinn wrote: »

An extra 7.5M for winning tonight. Have earned over 40M from the CL campaign so far and that's not including any TV money. Just prize money for progressing.

Don't mean this as any sort of a dig at Mane, but despite being at the club for a full season longer than Salah, Salah already has 10 more goals for Liverpool than him!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I love how Liverpool often stop the other English teams from progressing in the CL.

It's like, 'this is not for you'.

I do think this from time to time then i just say

we are Liverpool..tra la la la la

and then we seem to f00king beet them...get in.. :confused::eek::cool::(:P:pac::p:D:):rolleyes::o:mad:

*sorry i clicked any smilely shít available to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

garra wrote: »
    Was that you in the Twitter video getting boxed in the head by Citeh fans after celebrating Salah's goal?

No fortunately I kept my celebrations to myself, though I did see something kicking off a bit down from me as I was a couple of seats away from the away section.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Real Madrid are the form team., some outstanding performances this year.

But their defence. They will have sleepless nights with the thought of our front 3 running at them. I wouldn't say no to them.

Roma are obviously the ones to get but they are a capable team but we would certainly fancy ourselves.

Bayern, bucket loads of experience all over the pitch, would prefer not to get them.

A fixed draw sees Real and Bayern in opposite semis.

the only probs with Real is that they are pros at conning refs, go down easy, and have ronaldo and are very dangerous on the wings and most importantly at corners...

although i would love us to 2-0 up against madrid and let them squirm

oh and we got sold a dodgy ticket way back in madrid and missed out on beating the cúnts....................................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Chuffed .. was a downer in the first half. What a turn around. Credit to the whole team for lifting their heads and getting stuck in!

https://twitter.com/VintageSalah/status/983808727408168960?s=19

What a chant that Allez, Allez Allez is. It only really started in earnest a month or two back and it's become a staple anthem this past week or so. I love it.

We have our CL song anyway, just like we had Burning Ring of Fire back in '05.

awec wrote: »
    He was pretty poor in the first game, but then so were City in general I suppose.

no..that is not the real story.. we didnt let them be good in the first legggggg chief!

completely eiffle'd towered them... and we are not meant to be good at D fence!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Don't mean this as any sort of a dig at Mane, but despite being at the club for a full season longer than Salah, Salah already has 10 more goals for Liverpool than him!

Salah has 18 more goals than Suarez in Suarez first season and a half with us (since he joined in January).

The man is just on another planet altogether.

No fortunately I kept my celebrations to myself, though I did see something kicking off a bit down from me as I was a couple of seats away from the away section.

Get ticket outside the ground ok?

Just back from the game, managed to get a ticket outside the etihad.

Unbelievable stuff, that allez allez chant sounds amazing. Great performance from the lads.

great stuff.. some game to be at...

dont really like the Allez tune though... :( seems a bit too european and a drone type tune for me...dont wanna copy those smegs who have a "qtr back" in their away section calling the tune.... each to their own though\

garra wrote: »
    Get ticket outside the ground ok?

Yeah was handy enough just went up to a tout and bargained him down to a more reasonable amount.

There were still a good few empty seats inside all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Do all these yellow cards mean anything for next round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

• Advertisement

I believe they all get wiped after the quarters.

<edit>

Yup, we're good. Wiped after the quarters;

"Exceptionally, all yellow cards and pending yellow-card suspensions expire on completion of the play-offs. They are not carried forward to the group stage. In addition, all yellow cards expire on completion of the quarter-finals. They are not carried forward to the semi-finals."

Article 49.04 here - http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/35/87/89/2358789_DOWNLOAD.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

We Rope a Doped City.

mada999 wrote: »
    great stuff.. some game to be at...

dont really like the Allez tune though... :( seems a bit too european and a drone type tune for me...dont wanna copy those smegs who have a "qtr back" in their away section calling the tune.... each to their own though\

It’s the first time I’ve heard it in person, it just works “live” I suppose. I stuck a video I got of it below.

Oddly enough city only brought out the victims chant just the once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

genuinely happy for all the neutrals who congratulated City after the draw was made and hope they enjoy their day in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Full on smashed my knee off the table in the pub when Salah scored. I think I'll be by ok for the next game though.

Because we have a next game.

Gas.

The Barca subreddit talking about who the wanted to play in the semi final a few days ago. Ha!

https://np.reddit.com/r/Barca/comments/8a5k2j/who_do_we_want_for_the_semifinals/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I just hope it's Real next round and not in a final. We can smash them over two legs. Faith plays a part, Klopp V Bayern 2018 CLF has a lot to offer.

lot of activity in the Utd thread thought something was up but nope it's all about us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

gimli2112 wrote: »
    lot of activity in the Utd thread thought something was up but nope it's all about us.

That post is kind of ironic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭raiders11

Would rather Bayern over one game.....so hoping we get Roma.....

I wonder how much City will now spend in the summer to get their squad to the next level.

Also delighted to see Roma go through against Barcelona. I don’t like anything about Barcelona as a club.

I wonder how much City will now spend in the summer to get their squad to the next level.

Said similar last week but if you asked someone to point out the £50m fullback tonight not many would point to Walker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Recorded the game and avoided everything, it was torture and just had a terrible feeling all day (and that first half didn't help!). We got the calls over the two legs to help but we deserved it. Great second half performance, everyone and that Mo finish, ice cold!

Wooooo Champions League semi final.

Klopp's post match interview was awesome. Talking about half time and Van Dijk not happy over the goal. There was a lot of complaining and moaning was it a free kick? "If they want the ball off you they have to kill you."
    Looks like they listened judging by the second half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Knex. wrote: »
    The Barca subreddit talking about who the wanted to play in the semi final a few days ago. Ha!

https://np.reddit.com/r/Barca/comments/8a5k2j/who_do_we_want_for_the_semifinals/

In fairness, none of them said City....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Wiped after quarters

can't believe I'm still awake,
    good day to be alive
    good day to be a Liverpool fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No talk on the radio of unlucky City, just how good we were.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

As long as city bounce back at the weekend, it'll be a good week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

As long as city bounce back at the weekend, it'll be a good week.

They kick off at 19:45 on a Saturday?

That must be a first.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement