Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

Could be non football relatedness too. Family may have an influence. Maybe they never settled in England. Maybe he didn't himself.

Pity as he's got great potential. Just a shame he wasn't consistent.

Milner, Henderson, Ox ahead of him for me. Maybe even Gigi too at times although not much between the two of them.

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Missed most of the match due to the hurling and having to walk the dog but I've read Liverpool wasted an amount of chances... messing up these chances against the also rans is one thing, but Jurgen will have his work cut out getting the team to be more clinical against the biggest team in club football. However, it's no coincidence that the team played much better today with some chat that Buvac might return.

If we can just take more points the goals will come..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

RoboKlopp wrote:
    If we can just take more points the goals will come..

Firmino seemed to be a believer of that philosophy today

ERG89 wrote: »
    Firmino seemed to be a believer of that philosophy today

Bobby's a big hurling fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Goal if you love Klopp.

Point if you love Buvac.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Know he missed City shortly after he joined and Burnley was it? (Ragnar-ok and Nervol combined for the winner.

Just seems like he’s played a lot more than 13.
    The Burnley game (Matchday #21) was New Year's Day so he hadn't been registered before it. He had a thigh injury for the Man City game. Despite the knock he played the next game against Swansea because Lovren and Klavan were injured. He was on the bench for the Huddersfield game and has been ever present since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

corwill wrote: »
    The big ****ing brass ones on Herr Klopp, though. All and sundry bleating for any auld centre half (myself included), and he held out for the big guy, knowing he'd be perfect.

And the owners. Looking long term, wait 6 months and deal with possible adverse results, but hold onto the cash and get the right guy in the end.

If we had spent on a 2nd choice centre back last summer. Then that could be someone on big money that we are stuck with and could prove difficult to move on.

Which takes money out of the club for someone who you really, really want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sky's footage of Salah getting the award and his daughter being cheered on. Pretty cool.

https://streamable.com/64tih

Phenomenal season by Salah and seems like a top guy but do you think that he's the type of player (i.e. not exactly the typical forward) to be able to do it all again next season?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

How on earth is Can walking away from this. odd
    Money surely a big factor. I'd have liked him to stay but he's also entirely replaceable. I'm confident we will get in someone as good to replace him, perhaps even someone better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He won't need to - he'll have to pass to Ronaldo! :pac:

Impossible to know, defences will be wiser to him but Liverpool will have new players like Keita and maybe Fekir which will change the attack dynamic anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Knex. wrote: »
    Sky's footage of Salah getting the award and his daughter being cheered on. Pretty cool.

https://streamable.com/64tih

She'd be a better option at left back than Konchesky anyway/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

magma69 wrote: »
    Money surely a big factor. I'd have liked him to stay but he's also entirely replaceable. I'm confident we will get in someone as good to replace him, perhaps even someone better.

He won't be on a bigger salary in Italy than Liverpool have offered him to stay, it depends where he ends up, if it is Italy best of luck to him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Where are they going on the sun training break?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

glasso wrote: »
    Phenomenal season by Salah and seems like a top guy but do you think that he's the type of player (i.e. not exactly the typical forward) to be able to do it all again next season?

Settled, successful, teetotaller, non-smoker, family man in the prime of his career enjoying his football with a smile on his face. He told us he is going to win the Golden Boot next year, I believe him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Surely everyone knows at this stage that Can is looking for a release clause in his contract?

Liverpool won't allow one as it sets a dangerous precedent. Seems the club are more willing to allow him to leave on a free than leave at a future date for a price the club have no control over.

Its a debatable stance.

Its maybe more likely he hasn't settled in the City aswell as others have. All of his rehab work is being done in Frankfurt rather than merseyside aswell.

Some players who maybe saw Liverpool as a logica l stepping stone (somewhere to go and develop and get games) are now seeing we are not as easy a club to get away from, like in the days of Alonso, Masch etc... where simply all you had to do seemingly was tell the club you wanted to leave. Then we would be spun the line "We don't want anyone who no longer wants to wear the red shirt", and they would be sold at whatever the perceived bigger club was offering.

Its a more prudent approach, but its offset by the fact that in this instance we are losing a developing international midfielder on a free transfer who is worth significantly more than we paid for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

robwen wrote: »
    Where are they going on the sun training break?

Waterford: To train with the hurling team as they're better to watch than Liverpool.

glasso wrote: »
    That's the challenge. Thierry Henry wasn't a typical forward either and he only reached the 30 league goals mark once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Well, that’s another season wrapped up, finished 4th, can’t complain with that!! Happy days!! Onwards and upwards for next season.

I’d imagine the thread will quieten down now for the summer, bar the odd few signings being discussed.

See y’all next August.

..... oh wait!!

murpho999 wrote: »
    Waterford: To train with the hurling team as they're better to watch than Liverpool.

We'll have Salah sweeping in front of the back 4 for the champions league final so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

magma69 wrote: »

He won't be on a bigger salary in Italy than Liverpool have offered him to stay, it depends where he ends up, if it is Italy best of luck to him
    Fair point. Rumours of him being offered 100,000 euro a week at Juve. That's about 88,000 pound which I reckon Liverpool would be willing to offer him. Maybe there's clauses etc that he's not happy with at Liverpool. Like you said, best of luck to him. The club moves on without him.

Well, that’s another season wrapped up, finished 4th, can’t complain with that!! Happy days!! Onwards and upwards for next season.

I’d imagine the thread will quieten down now for the summer, bar the odd few signings being discussed.

See y’all next August.

..... oh wait!!
    :D This thread is anything but quiet when there is no football to discuss.

Just realised the Kiev stadium is one of those horrible ones with the massive running track around the pitch, and the fans 50 yards from the action.

Kiev-Olympic-Stadium.jpg

Although, so was Istanbul...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Gini Wijnaldum.

What a fúcking player he has been since Ox got injured. The definition of 'stepping up', and MOTM today as far as I was concerned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Just realised the Kiev stadium is one of those horrible ones with the massive running track around the pitch, and the fans 50 yards from the action.

Kiev-Olympic-Stadium.jpg

Although, so was Istanbul...

And London, Rome & Paris

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Surely everyone knows at this stage that Can is looking for a release clause in his contract?
    Or maybe the release clause is just an excuse on the part of the player - I don't think he ever intended to extend his contract at Liverpool.

In 2014, the move from Leverkusen to Liverpool was a no brainer, bigger club, higher profile, more money, Champions League football. It was the perfect shop window for Can, it took him a while to find form but once he did the Juventus link surfaced. There was talk of a move to Juventus for him before the Europa League Final in 2016 and it has never gone away. There were reported £20M+ offers that were rejected but he never forced the issue.

The way it has dragged out since January and given the reported frustrations of the Juventus hierarchy, I believe Can wanted to return to Bayern and was waiting for the offer that never came. Juventus is a nice fallback option for him and probably a slightly tougher challenge than the Bundesliga.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

SlickRic wrote: »
    Gini Wijnaldum.

What a fúcking player he has been since Ox got injured. The definition of 'stepping up', and MOTM today as far as I was concerned.

He's been good alright but I'd have given it to Lovren today, did everything right and scored a good goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Talisman wrote: »
    Or maybe the release clause is just an excuse on the part of the player - I don't think he ever intended to extend his contract at Liverpool.

In 2014, the move from Leverkusen to Liverpool was a no brainer, bigger club, higher profile, more money, Champions League football. It was the perfect shop window for Can, it took him a while to find form but once he did the Juventus link surfaced. There was talk of a move to Juventus for him before the Europa League Final in 2016 and it has never gone away. There were reported £20M+ offers that were rejected but he never forced the issue.

The way it has dragged out since January and given the reported frustrations of the Juventus hierarchy, I believe Can wanted to return to Bayern and was waiting for the offer that never came. Juventus is a nice fallback option for him and probably a slightly tougher challenge than the Bundesliga.

2evdbt1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No doubt Wijnaldum has stepped up, was never as bad as some tried to make him out though.

Mane’s another one who stepped up for me. Also seems to be switching his play up a lot more the last few weeks and cutting inside a lot more (ala Coutinho, although not as effectively obviously.)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Glad that's out of the way with the big show on the horizon.
    Regardless of what happens in Kiev, it's been a good season with the opportunity to make it a great one.

I saw a couple of mentions of Lawrence Vigouroux here while reading back, I'm a Waterford season ticket holder and the guy's been immense for us since coming here, a quality keeper, I've met him a couple of times, a nice lad aswell. Sadly he's only on loan from Swindon.

• Advertisement

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Mane’s another one who stepped up for me. Also seems to be switching his play up a lot more the last few weeks and cutting inside a lot more (ala Coutinho, although not as effectively obviously.)

It's mainly his first touch. It's sticking. It wasn't earlier this season, and it was killing him.

Oh Mo, the banter merchant :

16ks2te.jpg

https://twitter.com/MARCAinENGLISH/status/995651126421872641?s=19

Tramore must of been booked up, back to Marbella for 3 days May 16th -19th

robwen wrote: »
    Tramore must of been booked up, back to Marbella for 3 days May 16th -19th
    A chance for Klopp to meet more transfer targets away from the British press - keep an eye on the social media profiles of non-Liverpool players that happen to be in Marbella at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

London, Rome & Paris

Everyone's talking about Klopp music!

Klopp managements of players has been exemplary on so many fronts.

Giving Robertson time to settle.
    Using Salah almost primarily as a direct goalscorer. No messing leaving him on the wing crossing it.
    Giving Ox time. Using him as a CM and not confusing him with constant positional changes.
    Putting trust in Wijnaldum to adjust to a more composed, holding game.
    Naming Karius (eventually) as his number 1. And we've eventually reaped the rewards.
    Trusting TAA when many would've been more cautious.

I'm sure there are many more examples.

I saw a couple of mentions of Lawrence Vigouroux here while reading back, I'm a Waterford season ticket holder and the guy's been immense for us since coming here, a quality keeper, I've met him a couple of times, a nice lad aswell. Sadly he's only on loan from Swindon.
    Ask him about the 5000 pennies story the next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Indeed - £5.3m pa was the Juve contract being mentioned back when it all broke in the press earlier this year, so that's probably less than what FSG would have offered him considering Ox and Millie are on £120k pw which is over £6m pa. Think it's down to not being an automatic starter every week with Keita coming, in addition to the other strong options we have when fit, and he doesn't want to have to deal with that. (which is fair enough if you have a high regard for your talents, I suppose)

I'd prefer him to stay but won't cry if he leaves - was talking with a mate the other day about how I can't remember a time when the team has been so full of really decent characters that I like and/or really respect off the pitch, with so few exceptions but Can, and the interview about how he wants to play for a really big team, not so much...

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Nice cushy finish to the EPL season. I'm never happy finishing 4th (1st is 1st after all) but given the reality of where we are against some of financially doped clubs, it's good for now. One big game to go, next fortnight is crucial. Didn't see the game today, but delighted Solanke scored. Hope if gives him the confidence to stick his chest out and push on, he's obviously a talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Completely unrelated to us but Barcelona are currently throwing away their invincible season in their very last game and that's given me a good laugh.

And apparently that Yerry Mina ad we've been linked to is awful today.

It's not a case of reminding him - it would be interesting to hear what exactly happened at Liverpool because of the incident.

Completely unrelated to us but Barcelona are currently throwing away their invincible season in their very last game and that's given me a good laugh.

Barcelona without Messi, they can take consolation from the fact that Coutinho has scored a hat-trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Looks like they might earn it back... only 1 behind now with 20 mins to go. Coutinho hat-trick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Looks like they might earn it back... only 1 behind now with 20 mins to go. Coutinho hat-trick!

And Suarez penalty, depressing really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It would be, if we didn't just secure CL football next season, and have a chance to win this years in two weeks :)

As it stands, I'm grand and happy for the auld lads to do their thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If Messi was a former Liverpool player now then I'd be depressed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Great win today the lads whers really at it from early on, which was great to see with such a big game coming up know one lost focus ,
    How bad are the refs at the minute Friend was shocking today and you dont nornally hear that when you win 4-0 but wnglish refs are just terrible at the minute ,
    The Duffy hand ball for me was just insane the ref clearly see's it ,

If he claims he didn't see it he needs sacking he was about 8 yards away looking straight at it ,
    The ball travled 20 yards in the air and Duffy cleary handles to stop it going to Mo after he misread the flight , How in gods name is it not a peno ?

Id really love to hear Friend explain how he did not give it , I cant find any rational explanation that doesnt make him unfit for the job ,

Fieldog wrote: »
    Well done to City, 100 points is an incredible tally...

And lets not forget to congratulate Chelsea for qualifying for the Europa League next season too.

And lets not forget to congratulate Chelsea for qualifying for the Europa League next season too.

Thursday night trips to Uzbekistan against FC Budknoykar, good enough for them...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement