Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Liverpool are trying to pay x amount per goal scored in the season...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Has there been any indication of where each club are, value wise? They're hardly arguing over a couple of millions either way are they?
    Chelsea valued him at £10-12M, but nobody offered to buy him so they are unlikely to get that kind of money.

The previous record tribunal fee for a young player who had not been the subject of a transfer offer was Daniel Sturridge. Chelsea had to pay £3M to Man City, with a further £3.5M subject to performances and 15% of any future transfer fee.

I would imagine that Liverpool are offering no more than £3M. Chelsea aren't a poor club and have a reputation for their treatment of youth players so a tribunal is not in their interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Dcully wrote: »
    Lads slightly OT but my young lad is after a 2017/18 home jersey with Salah printed on it, any suggestions? some on amazon but always warey of quality and dont seem to stock old stuff on official store.

It's on the official website alright but in the 'Sale' section.

You can pay in Euro as well if you want but it's a bit dearer that way.

Free delivery to Dublin store can save on shipping too if handy.

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/sale/kit/home-kit/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Is there anyone from Prem teams outside the top 6 that you'd fancy us to sign ?
    For me it would be Vardy (as back up to Bobby ) ,
    Ndidi seems to have lost form ,
    Possible Lascelles at Newcastle but not sure,

Vardy would be my pick, he'd suit us down to a tee and able to go wide or down the middle but I'd imagine at 31 the club wouldn't touch him unless it was in the £15-20m mark(which it wouldn't be). I'm not sure I could stomach seeing that plastic wife of his in the stands on match days either.
    A more realistic target could be Alfie Mawson, but as a 3rd choice centre half. Good on the ball and seems to read the game well. Looked good in a very poor Swansea team. I'd like to see what Klopp could do with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    In less salubrious news, Sturridge's disastrous goalless loan spell at West Brom is now over. What is to be done with him? The only answer to me is repeated loan spells until he runs out this contract, the best he'll ever command.

‘He’ll score goals anywhere he goes.’ Except West Brom obviously.

Can’t see him being in any rush to move anywhere. I think he’ll see out his contract on loan in the stands or at Liverpool in the stands, then pocket himself a few million of a transfer fee off some gullible team when his contract runs out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Talisman wrote: »
    Chelsea valued him at £10-12M, but nobody offered to buy him so they are unlikely to get that kind of money.

The previous record tribunal fee for a young player who had not been the subject of a transfer offer was Daniel Sturridge. Chelsea had to pay £3M to Man City, with a further £3.5M subject to performances and 15% of any future transfer fee.

I would imagine that Liverpool are offering no more than £3M. Chelsea aren't a poor club and have a reputation for their treatment of youth players so a tribunal is not in their interest.
    Fvck Chelsea, they screwed was it Exeter over young Ampadu recently, screwy them for every penny. As. The man said earlier, pay them by the goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

.red. wrote: »
    Vardy would be my pick, he'd suit us down to a tee and able to go wide or down the middle but I'd imagine at 31 the club wouldn't touch him unless it was in the £15-20m mark(which it wouldn't be). I'm not sure I could stomach seeing that plastic wife of his in the stands on match days either.
    A more realistic target could be Alfie Mawson, but as a 3rd choice centre half. Good on the ball and seems to read the game well. Looked good in a very poor Swansea team. I'd like to see what Klopp could do with him.

What happens with Matip and klaven then? I don't think either will leave this summer and with gomez knocking about too I'd be very surprised if klopp buys another centre half as much as we'd all like an upgrade on lovren to partner Vvd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

More proof that Ox is an absolute class act, as if it was needed.

https://twitter.com/joejaggar/status/996009412744699904?s=21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sessegnon again the pivotal figure in their match vs Derby. He looks absolutely wonderful. Surely making the move soon though may play a season with Fulham if they make the PL. I would love us to have first option on him.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

mosstin wrote: »
    Sessegnon again the pivotal figure in their match vs Derby. He looks absolutely wonderful. Surely making the move soon though may play a season with Fulham if they make the PL. I would love us to have first option on him.

He'd cost a fortune at this stage even I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

what is this Man City fans throwing things at a bus, I thought it was just Liverpool fans that did that

https://twitter.com/VincentKompany/status/996113844845076483

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Should be doing absolutely everything we can to sign him. How good is he gonna be when he's 23? He can get plenty of game time playing left back and left wing next season if we bought him. Throw in a swap deal with Moreno. Would work out great for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

5starpool wrote: »

Depends what you consider a fortune really. Would be cheaper buying him now than in 4 years time I reckon. Hasn't played at the highest level yet so there are still some question marks. Any time I've seen him though, he looks ready to step up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

what is this Man City fans throwing things at a bus, I thought it was just Liverpool fans that did that

https://twitter.com/VincentKompany/status/996113844845076483

Jayus Liverpool had more fans greeting the City bus at Anfield than City fans turned up for the league parade :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

5starpool wrote: »

I would be willing to do a keita type deal with Fulham he seems so good. Maybe even throw them a player or two on loan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sess is going to Spurs when he moves, there or Germany!

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Talisman wrote: »
    Given that most of the the League of Ireland clubs operate on a voluntary basis, your season ticket could entitle you to the opportunity of becoming the club's tea lady.

OK?
    I haven't a notion what your response has to do with my post. Reads like a small time dig for no reason, perhaps I'm wrong. Either way, LFC thread and all that, feel free to pm if you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Ryan Sessegnon is absolute class but is also 100% destined for a career as a winger, not a full back. Has played most of the last 4/5 months basically up front. He's pretty much gone through the profession Bale had over 5 years in about 5 months from left back to left mid to left wing to number ten/second striker if needed. Would be interested to see how he does at a higher level but looks the real deal.

Definitely plenty of players who would improve our squad. Not sure how many would go straight into the starting XI mind.

I'd say Ndidi, Mahrez (Leicester), Lascelles (Newcastle), Ake (Bournemouth), Lanzini (West Ham), Doucoure (Watford), Zaha, Van Aanholt (Palace) would all do a decent job in the top six as a starter or back up. Could make an argument for Gross, Schindler, Mooy, Allen, Evans and maybe Shaqiri too, though I feel like the latter is nowhere near as good as his reputation and the occasional screamer suggests.

Surprisingly few goalkeepers down there you'd want. About ten years ago, there always seemed to be great goalkeepers playing for average teams. Jaaskelainen, Friedel, Begovic, Etc, it wasn't uncommon to see really good goalies at poor sides. Now, the goalies and strikers are weak points and the defence and midfield areas tend to be better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

think we have to ramp up the posting if we're going to have a shiny new thread in time for the Champions League Final (CLF), it's all about preparation people!

• Advertisement

If Sessengion (I can't spell) did sign I'd be in favour of letting him stay with Fulham for a season if they make the premier league and let him continue to progress there, he's been a big part of why they are in a good position to qualify.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

gimli2112 wrote: »
    think we have to ramp up the posting if we're going to have a shiny new thread in time for the Champions League Final (CLF), it's all about preparation people!

And what difference would that make

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Wise musings from a Man Utd fan on his clubs season, as well as thoughts on if Liverpool win the Champions League.

https://www.facebook.com/SPORTbible/videos/2930629483749231/

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Depends what you consider a fortune really. Would be cheaper buying him now than in 4 years time I reckon. Hasn't played at the highest level yet so there are still some question marks. Any time I've seen him though, he looks ready to step up.

If he did move, I'd be surprised if it wasn't 30m+, which is a lot for a player who has never played top flight football, no matter how promising. It could turn out to be a bargain though, who knows? I know if he does move though, there will be a hell of a lot of competition for his signature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Of course Sessegnon will be a winger/forward way too good in the final third to be a LB.

If Fulham get promoted I think he will stay one more season at Fulham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Wise musings from a Man Utd fan on his clubs season, as well as thoughts on if Liverpool win the Champions League.

Klopp can play that instead of a prematch speech

15 Million Points!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Thanks Andy, lovely way to start the day.

Those type of fans are gold. Bitter to the core.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Lads who know when the TV cameras are turning up, so get down there to have their say :D:D

But yeah, absolute Gold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

In fairness if Everton won the lg by 19 points and UTD were 90 mins from a champs lg I'd prob lose it as well

Alonso77 wrote: »
    if Everton won the lg by 19 points

5lytn.jpg?a423912

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I've regularly heard far, far worse in terms of bitterness, but the raw pain is lovely.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    In fairness if Everton won the lg by 19 points and UTD were 90 mins from a champs lg I'd prob lose it as well

Wouldn't be ideal but anyone getting that worked up about football probably needs assessing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

five live 606 had a Spurs fan call in on Sunday almost at tears because pundits were saying Salah maybe one of the best players on the planet this year. He kept referring to Liverpool as "bindippers" lol talk about being bitter. He was following Spurs from the 60's so not even a young teenager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Zaha, Lascelles, Sessegnon

I think Lascelles is fairly overrated tbh. He's a noticeably lesser player than Lovren or Matip, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Knex. wrote: »
    I think Lascelles is fairly overrated tbh. He's a noticeably lesser player than Lovren or Matip, imo.

I have no strong opinion on him, he does seem to be the flavour of the month though, I wonder how many Newcastle games people are watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Knex. wrote: »

It's more the modern type of CB he is, cool on the ball, excellent passing, reads the game well for a young lad. I wouldn't pay what he'd likely go for but people talk about the likes of Tarkowski, Mawson, Maguire, Mee etc as having great seasons but I'd have Lascelles ahead of them if we're talking about our system

• Advertisement

http://www.roundheadillustration.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/mishmash1.jpg (image a bit much to embed)

http://www.roundheadillustration.com/product/football-mishmash/
    ‘Football Mishmash’ is a massive hand-drawn illustration created from over 500 famous and infamous incidents from the history of football and featuring approximately 2000 individual characters.

‘Football Mishmash’ features everything from Geoff Hurst’s goal in the 1966 World Cup Final to Rene Higuita’s incredible ‘Scorpion Kick’ for Colombia; the tragedy of the Hillsborough Disaster, to Zinedine Zidane’s notorious headbutt on Marco Materazzi in the 2006 World Cup Final; Sylvester Stallone’s penalty save in the movie Escape to Victory, to a timeline of David Beckham, and perhaps more importantly, his haircuts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

8-10 wrote: »

Zaha, Lascelles, Sessegnon
    Zaha no , I think he'd want to play every week and isn't good enough ,
    Sessegnon will be world class , he is unreal for 17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Apparently we're in for Lanzini now as a potential Lallana type player - not sure about that, but then I was skeptical about Ox and Robbo, so in Klopp we trust if true....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Apparently we're in for Lanzini now as a potential Lallana type player - not sure about that, but then I was skeptical about Ox and Robbo, so in Klopp we trust if true....

He's linked pretty often. Last time was as a Coutinho replacement last summer!

He's a decent player for sure, not seen enough of him to know whether or not he'd be the quality we want though.

I always presumed it was a bit of lazy linking by journalists - "Decent PL attacking mid to a side higher up the league who needs an attacking mid..." - but it comes up so often that there might be some truth in it somewhere, even if it never went beyond some early stage scouting/inquiries.

If he was brought in for a small fee I'd have no problem signing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Anyone following Dhanda's progress at all? Remember watching him in a good while ago when LFC TV was still free on basic Sky (maybe under15?) and he was the next big thing and he did stand out in the game....
    Off to Swansea on a free - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44120950

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Let's put aside the champions league exploits for a minute ... Is finishing 25 points behind City good enough going forward? I think from next season on-wards it has to be fully regarded as Klopp's team and i'd hope 25 points difference wont be celebrated even if top 4 is achieved...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Let's put aside the champions league exploits for a minute ...

Lets not, cos context.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Let's put aside the champions league exploits for a minute ... Is finishing 25 points behind City good enough going forward? I think from next season on-wards it has to be fully regarded as Klopp's team and i'd hope 25 points difference wont be celebrated even if top 4 is achieved...
    But they go hand in hand, Your squad is thin so was knackered with champions league exploits mid week , If we went out in the group stages no doubt we'd have got more champions league points ,

But no doubt we will want to bridge the gap next year some transfers will help, I also don't think City will get 100 point next season so , id expect us to be a lot closer to them due to us improving and them not getting as many points,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Daemonic wrote: »

Yeah, Redmen were reporting that he wasn't being given a contract, so not so much being poached as being let go - bit of a strange one seeing that Brewster looks to be going as well when we want him to stay - could it just be that they feel there's enough young attacking talent to be dealing with or could it be a personality issue? Who knows, best of luck to him...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement