Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mr.H wrote: »
    Delighted the English mourinho lost tonight. My mate is a Villa fan so final day has just been extended way hey

I hope Fulham won that one keep Villa down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Turtyturd wrote: »
    ‘He’ll score goals anywhere he goes.’ Except West Brom obviously.

Can’t see him being in any rush to move anywhere. I think he’ll see out his contract on loan in the stands or at Liverpool in the stands, then pocket himself a few million of a transfer fee off some gullible team when his contract runs out.

Surely send him up to Gerrard for a season.?

How many years has he left on the deal?

5starpool wrote: »
    Given that Ramadan is at a different time every year (not randomly, but it isn't at a set time) and Muslim footballers is not exactly a new thing, I imagine that this is something that clubs and players have figured out at this stage so that it won't adversely affect performance.

Absolutely.

Can't imagine top pros not being properly fueled going into games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Knex. wrote: »
    Chamberlain is becoming my favourite person in football.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44121606

Got a dad and his young son tickets for the final. Same people he celebrated with in the crowd after the City game, where he gifted the 4 year old kid his jersey.

Klopp & the recruitment team seem to really look closely what type of character's we sign.

Our players comes across very well in the media & on the pitch. No surrounding the referee for example. Salah diving against Chelsea was immediately berated by Klopp after the game too.

I couldn't see us signing someone like Pogba or Neymar for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Absolutely.

Can't imagine top pros not being properly fueled going into games.

There has been dispensation s from their religious authorities for games before, depends on the players then if they believe it's ok. I would think think that they'd put em on a drip or something if they won't eat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

TitianGerm wrote: »
    ricero wrote: »
    Have a degree in theology

So why would you expect Mane and Salah to postpone their faith for a week then? I know they can donate to charity to postpone for a time but I haven't actually heard of too many doing this?

They can still eat outside of daylight hours and most of the Muslim sports people are used to dealing with Ramadan.

Bear in mind that the club will have known this was coming up and would have had the dieticians, sports sciences and coaching staff all helping the players be in top shape for the final.
    I think this would have been an option but with it then being the world cup they would personal better off doing it durning one game ( champions league final ) than having to do it during 3 games at the world cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

There has been dispensation s from their religious authorities for games before, depends on the players then if they believe it's ok. I would think think that they'd put em on a drip or something if they won't eat.

It's up to the players themselves and many choose not to observe it.

Do you really think a drip is the answer, with training etc.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I think this would have been an option but with it then being the world cup they would personal better off doing it durning one game ( champions league final ) than having to do it during 3 games at the world cup

It finishes just before the world cup this year I think.

It finishes just before the world cup this year I think.
    It does but what I'm saying is there is the option to give to charity and then they can start Ramadan at a later date But you  must still complete the 30 days ,
    So if they only started after the final it would take them into the world cup .

It does but what I'm saying is there is the option to give to charity and then they can start Ramadan at a later date But you  must still complete the 30 days ,

The whole thing is just daft anyway. Probably not a discussion for here though.

• Advertisement

The whole thing is just daft anyway. .......

Apparently Mo seems to be a practising Muslim, I'd respect his religious beliefs tbh, as I'd do anyone who hasn't gotten them muddled up with negative acts.

The whole thing is just daft anyway. Probably not a discussion for here though.
    All religion is daft but as you say that's a discussion for another time and a place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I hope Fulham won that one keep Villa down

See I'm thinking about it from the point of view that sessegnon said he would like to play in the premiership with fulham. If they do my get there it would be more likely he will leave. I just hope we are in for him at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

MD1990 wrote: »
    Klopp & the recruitment team seem to really look closely what type of character's we sign.

Our players comes across very well in the media & on the pitch. No surrounding the referee for example. Salah diving against Chelsea was immediately berated by Klopp after the game too.

I couldn't see us signing someone like Pogba or Neymar for example.

+1

Couldn't agree more - said it before that I can't remember a time when I've liked so many of the team off the pitch. Always remember what happened with Balotelli - easy to say that Klopp wanted nothing to do with him based on his on pitch form when his loan to Milan was up, but looking at how Klopp gave him a free to Nice when there was still a year on his contract, have to assume Klopp took one look at his personality and antics and said get him the fcuk out of here now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Big Sam has left Everton.

Inevitable, really. Terrible brand of football, but at the same time, hard going to get Everton higher than 8th tbh. Interesting to see where they go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Religion is such a load of balls.

All about putting restrictions on your life and none of what can't be done without religion ie. just be a nice person in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I thought we needed some nasty players to boss the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Some really lovely goals in there, be interesting to see what happens to him next year. 

https://twitter.com/TheKop_com/status/996630164896444416

I thought we needed some nasty players to boss the middle.

Baby Keith was sent off 3 times this season, so looks like he's not afraid to commit to a tackle, with or without the ball....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

My united fan mate is getting very salty about the upcoming final.

He's desperate for his precious Ronaldo to destroy us.

He said we cannot win as they have better players in every position. That's simply not true and even if it was, that's not how football works.

It's funny how they're more interested in our cup final than their own cup final :D

• Advertisement

Trent AA going to be in the England squad according to Joyce.

Would have preferred him to get a rest but he fully deserves to be in the squad.
    He has been outstanding since the Man Utd game.

MarkY91 wrote: »
    My united fan mate is getting very salty about the upcoming final.

He's desperate for his precious Ronaldo to destroy us.

He said we cannot win as they have better players in every position. That's simply not true and even if it was, that's not how football works.

It's funny how they're more interested in our cup final than their own cup final :D
    I asked a good friend who is united fan if he'd prefer for us both to win or both to lose
    He went for both to lose,
    So he'd rather United win nothing just so we don't that's a mad perceptive to have you should worry about your own side first and foremost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Fun Bobby and his not too shabby lady are over in Ibiza now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5734911/Liverpool-striker-Roberto-Firmino-joined-gorgeous-wife-Larissa-Periera-Ibiza.html

The whole squad getting some downtime due to having almost 2 weeks off between last prem lg game and the Champs Lg final can only be beneficial. We saw the difference the break made between the Chelsea/Brighton games.

Everyone can relax, see family and get their heads together. It's probably the only break most of them will get too as they will all join up with national teams right after the final

Real have their last league game this weekend. Don't know what they have done, whether first team players have got time off or whatever, but glad our squad didn't have to deal with those logistics.

edit: and now the top story is that the players have gone to Marbella for a warm-weather training camp

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5735423/Liverpool-stars-jet-Marbella-training-camp-ahead-Champions-League-final.html

Trent AA going to be in the England squad according to Joyce.

Would have preferred him to get a rest but he fully deserves to be in the squad.
    He has been outstanding since the Man Utd game.
    Yep id prefer him to be rested this summer , he's played a lot of football .
    But the experience can really only be good for him , it would be a huge learning curve for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He's going on a training holiday I highly doubt he gets any game time.

Although I can think of a lot better places than Russia to go on a training holiday.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into the next Walcott.

Walker will be a RCB most likely.

Trippier is average so I think every chance Trent will get game time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Baby Keith was sent off 3 times this season, so looks like he's not afraid to commit to a tackle, with or without the ball....

4 times ;)

He's going on a training holiday I highly doubt he gets any game time.

Although I can think of a lot better places than Russia to go on a training holiday.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into the next Walcott.
    Ye can't seen him playing, Tripper will be right wing back and if he is injured /suspeneded they will put Walker out there,
    If he refused to go he wouldn't be picked again , I think the experience will do him good,

Walker will be a RCB most likely.

Trippier is average so I think every chance Trent will get game time.

They have, on paper, an easy enough group and the group they match up with suggests either Poland, Senegal or Columbia for the 2nd round, so getting to the quaters is possible, where they'll potentially meet Brazil or Germany, so he should be home after 7th July...

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    4 times ;)

Ah, well done sir, missed the international red card ;)

Anyway, can't wait for him to join

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can is included in the squad going over to Marbella today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

One of the headlines of that Daily Fail story -

Jurgen Klopp will put his side through their paces in warmer climbs

That's not how you spell climes, you muppets...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tinpib wrote:
    Fun Bobby and his not too shabby lady are over in Ibiza now.

Just an excuse by them to post pictures of her arse tbh :pac:

Dickerty wrote: »
    One of the headlines of that Daily Fail story -

Jurgen Klopp will put his side through their paces in warmer climbs

That's not how you spell climes, you muppets...

Maybe they are going up a climbing wall wearing jumpers or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Big Sam has left Everton.

Inevitable, really. Terrible brand of football, but at the same time, hard going to get Everton higher than 8th tbh. Interesting to see where they go now.

Ah now.

He beat us on away goals sure.

Ridiculous sacking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Will the final be broadcast on RTE in Ireland?

I live in the UK but will be home for it so have no idea and the RTE schedule only goes to May 23rd at the moment

EDIT: Never mind, found it!

Lallana not in England squad.

Good news hopefully he can have an injury free pre-season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

x43r0 wrote: »
    Will the final be broadcast on RTE in Ireland?

I live in the UK but will be home for it so have no idea and the RTE schedule only goes to May 23rd at the moment

EDIT: Never mind, found it!

Don't worry you'll be able to watch the Champions League Final on TV in Ireland. We've also got fridges now to keep our beer cold.
    How long have you been away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Don't worry you'll be able to watch the Champions League Final on TV in Ireland. We've also got fridges now to keep our beer cold.
    How long have you been away?

Which channel is it on RTE or TV3, both show Champions League during season. Are they both showing final?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

No Lallana in the England squad. Good, a nice summer off for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Only recovering now from celebrating 4th place trophy, hopefully we can do the double with the Champions league!

It's mad when you think about it. First season back in it and the team is in the final.

Win, win or win I'll be ****ing delighted when we win.

Going to be some night! Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May still be actually drunk. I know my legs are cramped up like some kinda really crampy thing from the lack of non-alcoholic fluids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Lallana not in England squad.

Good news hopefully he can have an injury free pre-season.

A bit of a surprise considering he's been important player for them with fit, and he IS fit now.

I think Trent gets some minutes, as back-up RB for Walker (even ahead of Clyne) and even as a back-up CM. He has such a good engine and a calm demeanour, and now has experience all the way up to CL Final level before he has a cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Southgate is going to look very silly when Lallana destroys Real Madrid in the CL final.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Nah not surprising at all, he's missed most of the season through injury. I'm glad he isn't going as it means he can have a full pre-season now and shouldn't get injured before the season starts hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Think I read somewhere the final is live on YouTube

Think I read somewhere the final is live on YouTube

It is. BT are showing the EL and CL final live on YouTube, available worldwide, not just the UK like last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

But you won't be able to set the stream to full screen without a paid BT Subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Vicxas wrote: »
    No Lallana in the England squad. Good, a nice summer off for him.
    OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Only recovering now from celebrating 4th place trophy, hopefully we can do the double with the Champions league!

It's mad when you think about it. First season back in it and the team is in the final.

Win, win or win I'll be ****ing delighted when we win.

Going to be some night! Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May still be actually drunk. I know my legs are cramped up like some kinda really crampy thing from the lack of non-alcoholic fluids.

I think it's the right decision from Southgate.

Lallana has has a horrendous season and is in no way match fit.

Best to give him the time off, more recovery and then get a full pre-season training with the club.

But you won't be able to set the stream to full screen without a paid BT Subscription.

Really? That seems mad. Hard to know what is serious in here at times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

Lallana on a 5 man stand by list so could end up in Russia yet

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement