Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Knex. wrote: »
    But you won't be able to set the stream to full screen without a paid BT Subscription.

What would be the point in that? It's probably available on FTA in most countries at any rate. Surely the idea is that they're trying to promote the channel and its coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Click bait headline of the day has to go to the Echo regarding Luis coming home to 'Pool - the second half of the headline is not visible in the news listing on Google...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-linked-surprise-move-14664463

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Click bait headline of the day has to go to the Echo regarding Luis coming home to 'Pool - the second half of the headline is not visible in the news listing on Google...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/luis-suarez-linked-surprise-move-14664463

I know it's click bait but I'd have him back in a heartbeat...

Still love the little Urugyan shïtstirrer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Don't worry you'll be able to watch the Champions League Final on TV in Ireland. We've also got fridges now to keep our beer cold.
    How long have you been away?

Cheers for that

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I just wasn't sure if it would be on a free to air channel or something like setanta

Trying to get the game up on screens in the function room of the hotel I'll be in as I'm getting hitched on the same day and the organiser one hasn't a clue about the game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp would never have Suarez, far to suspect a character. Plus at 30 probably too old to spend real money on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

x43r0 wrote: »
    Cheers for that

I wasn't trying to be condescending. I just wasn't sure if it would be on a free to air channel or something like setanta

Trying to get the game up on screens in the function room of the hotel I'll be in as I'm getting hitched on the same day and the organiser one hasn't a clue about the game

Being shown on both RTE2 and TV3. RTE2 is your best bet, TV3 is only available in HD through a Sky HD package, as far as I know. I try my best to avoid it for that reason, hence I watched most of the Six Nations on BBC/ITV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Klopp would never have Suarez, far to suspect a character. Plus at 30 probably  too old to spend real money on.
    Of course he would, Suarez never caused trouble within the squad and always wanted to play when injured or hurt, Luis only issue is his will to win is so great that some times he goes overboard,
    He's the perfect Klopp player,
    But as you said age and price tag go against him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'd be perfectly happy to feck 40-50m on Suarez.

If the argument can be made for VVD, two season return would make it a no brained and we might get more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

noodler wrote: »

If the argument can be made for VVD, two season return would make it a no brained and we might get more.

Not only would I love him back, I'd be disappointed if he didn't bite someone. Preferably Jose, at OT, once the league had been secured in March, back in time for CL final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

noodler wrote: »

If he wanted to come back and the price was right I couldn't think of a better player in the middle of our front 3 to rotate with fun bobby. He'd be one of the few players who could do the same job and is probably a better finisher than him.
    Bobby's also got the engine and skill to sit a bit deeper and drive forward for the fab 4 to go up against the lesser teams who sit back. One of them start and the other off the bench against the better teams
    Not sure Klopp would have him in the squad tho, even if his behaviour has been impeccable since he joined Barca.
    Wishful thinking I reckon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

He'd be worth having back just for all the sheer joy of the reactions on these forums from other team's fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Klopp would never have Suarez, far to suspect a character. Plus at 30 probably too old to spend real money on.

I dunno - if he sat down with him and was convinced that his heart was in it, I think he'd take the risk.

But he won't leave Barca yet, has at least another two years as a starter then back to South America.

We over-estimate the attraction of North West England to players from South America!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He couldn't wait to get out of England, zero chance he would come back. He'll go play in Uruguay before he comes back to England.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

5starpool wrote: »
    Really? That seems mad. Hard to know what is serious in here at times though.

Yeah, I wasn't joking for once.

http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sport-to-show-free-uefa-champions-league-final-and-uefa-europa-league-final-live-streams-S11364271609429
    Absolutely anyone can watch free live streams of Real Madrid v Liverpool and Marseille v Atletico Madrid, while having a BT Sport subscription is the only way to watch either game on a big screen.

I assume "big screen" means full screen anyway? Unless they've some detection software to know if someone is casting or using hdmi etc.

I'm perhaps giving them too much credit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I take it to mean big screen as in TV and not pc / tablet.

I'm ok, my pc monitor is a 40" so all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

http://sport.bt.com/football/bt-sport-to-show-free-uefa-champions-league-final-and-uefa-europa-league-final-live-streams-S11364271609429

I assume "big screen" means full screen anyway? Unless they've some detection software to know if someone is casting or using hdmi etc.

Connect laptop to tv, job done.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Mo Salah will be profiled on Channel 4 next Tuesday at 10 PM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Connect laptop to tv, job done.

Miiight not work... I have an external monitor for my laptop at work, and if I open netflix or hbo now with the monitor connected, the content is blocked. Plug out the monitor, and everything is hunky dory again.

So I'm guessing that's what they mean - that you can watch in fullscreen on a laptop/computer, but if you're trying to connect to a second screen, that it won't work. Perhaps. I don't know, I'm not a doctor.

murpho999 wrote: »
    It's up to the players themselves and many choose not to observe it.

Do you really think a drip is the answer, with training etc.

A saline drip for an hour or so would be great for hydrating alright though.

But I'm not sure that sort of thing is 'done'... I think there's a lot of self censorship involved. One of the lads in my office is muslim, on day 1 of ramadan now, was picking his brain over the past few days, and he was saying a lot comes down to if you 'feel' like you're cheating it. Like, purposefully choosing night shift hours so you're sleeping by day anyway would go against it. He was talking about it really from the point of view of a challenge you choose to undertake, rather than something foisted upon you.

Was also saying you can literally just choose to take a day off, and just add it to the end, rather than postponing the whole process, but that most athletes, if they physically can, just go through with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Surely send him up to Gerrard for a season.?

How many years has he left on the deal?

Too many.

And would Gerrard take him? He highlighted how he was mentally weak and had to be encouraged to play at times, I couldn’t see him banging down the door for him.

Although considering we’d probably score goals there I’m sure he’d manage it...he’d just have to make it onto the pitch first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Surely send him up to Gerrard for a season.?

How many years has he left on the deal?

Too many.

And would Gerrard take him? He highlighted how he was mentally weak and had to be encouraged to play at times, I couldn’t see him banging down the door for him.

Although considering we’d probably score goals there I’m sure he’d manage it...he’d just have to make it onto the pitch first.

One of the promoted teams will take him.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nobody will take him on the £150k wages after seeing what happened to WBA.

I don't see him taking a major paycut or playing on a pay as you play incentives based contract at a bottom of the take team.

A team from China or the States may take a risk on him.

If he does go on loan Liverpool will ending up paying for it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

I thought we needed some nasty players to boss the middle.

We all dream of a team of Fekirs

Transfer window opens in less than 4 hours.

If we don't have every player signed by 8am tomorrow it's FSG out time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

What's the deal with the allez allez chant its being sang at the Europa league final there now & I'm sure I heard it being sang at another non LFC game lately, is it common in European games & we just put our own slant on it or are other teams copying LFC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

robwen wrote: »
    What's the deal with the allez allez chant its being sang at the Europa league final there now & I'm sure I heard it being sang at another non LFC game lately, is it common in European games & we just put our own slant on it or are other teams copying LFC?

Eh? It comes from the French. They've been singing it for years. Long before we got on the bandwagon.

Edit: Or did I need light humour detection enabled?

ballyargus wrote: »
    Eh? It comes from the French. They've been singing it for years. Long before we got on the bandwagon.

Edit: Or did I need light humour detection enabled?

No humour, I never heard it or noticed it anyway at football games till Liverpool fans started singing it around the Porto games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭steve_r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Thank god we are playing real madrid in the final and not athletico madrid. They would be a horrible side to play against

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Big screen would mean a tv ie the BT Sport channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Cork were signing it last Friday in Derry

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork were signing it last Friday in Derry

We changed it to Olé Olé Olé though.:)

ricero wrote: »
    Thank god we are playing real madrid in the final and not athletico madrid. They would be a horrible side to play against

Honestly would fancy our chances much more against Real. Atleti are exactly the worst type of team for us to run into, like our kryptonite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Honestly would fancy our chances much more against Real. Atleti are exactly the worst type of team for us to run into, like our kryptonite.

We were probably better off playing City in the champions league then Utd despite City being a clearly superior team.
    Liverpool thrive on forcing defensive errors but it doesn't work against teams who take zero chances defensively.

Always love those videos. A few really nice moments in there, Klopp chatting and laughing with the various wives, taking a picture with Moreno's baby, putting out his hand for Matip to take when they're heading out to the celebrations just like the other parents with kids; "i'll take the small one". And Trent just playing keepy-uppies with his buddies on the pitch, big trophy under his arm.

Really seems to be a lovely dynamic in the team right now.

rgace wrote: »
    We were probably better off playing City in the champions league then Utd despite City being a clearly superior team.
    Liverpool thrive on forcing defensive errors but it doesn't work against teams who take zero chances defensively.

Definitely. It's why we always had a much better shout at the CL than the league. We're set up to play our best stuff against good teams that want to play well. If we'd somehow come across a Tony Pulis managed garbage team in that run, i'd have feared for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Fernando Torres bringing down the curtain on a glittering career.

skysports-fernando-torres-atletico-madrid_4312176.jpg?20180516232231

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Fernando Torres bringing down the curtain on a glittering career.

skysports-fernando-torres-atletico-madrid_4312176.jpg?20180516232231
    He's not retiring ,
    I thought he is just leaving Madrid ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

Probably go to mls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Big Vern

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Definitely. It's why we always had a much better shout at the CL than the league. We're set up to play our best stuff against good teams that want to play well. If we'd somehow come across a Tony Pulis managed garbage team in that run, i'd have feared for us!

I was the same, thought Roma would have been a lot more defensive in the first leg. Couldn't believe they played such a high line.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Probably go to mls

Rangers.

To stop The Rodgers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

I heard rangers - with gerrard
    Newcastle - with benitez “west ham want him”
    But at 34 he will probably choose elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I heard rangers - with gerrard
    Newcastle - with benitez “west ham want him”
    But at 34 he will probably choose elsewhere

After London, Milan and Madrid - he's not moving to Glasgow!!

More likely US I think. Or Portugal?

MLS, Rangers it's semi retirement at the very least.

• Advertisement

Pepijn Lijnders has left his position at NEC after failing to get them promoted.

I wonder will/would he return as a new number 2 if Buvac officially leaves.

Very highly thought of in world football as a coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Then why did klopp sign Keita? Four red cards this season is not the start of his issues. The guy has problems off the field also, being banned from driving. He had two fake driving licenses. Either naby will turn into a brilliant player for us or he will become the next sakho and be out on loan in two years time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mr.H wrote: »
    Then why did klopp sign Keita? Four red cards this season is not the start of his issues. The guy has problems off the field also, being banned from driving. He had two fake driving licenses. Either naby will turn into a brilliant player for us or he will become the next sakho and be out on loan in two years time.

All this happened after we signed him tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

God still has it, and the other guy ain't bad too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Pepijn Lijnders has left his position at NEC after failing to get them promoted.

I wonder will/would he return as a new number 2 if Buvac officially leaves.

Very highly thought of in world football as a coach.

Would be great to get him back. Klopp seemed to really value him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement