Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

MD1990 wrote:
    All this happened after we signed him tbh.

True but the point stands. If klopp would be against that kinda behavior then he must be regretting signing Keita. I think/hope Keita will be a fantastic signing personally. But it just makes you wonder if klopp had no time for sakho, how will he deal with Keita. Let alone if we ever resigned Suarez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Mr.H wrote: »
    True but the point stands. If klopp would be against that kinda behavior then he must be regretting signing Keita. I think/hope Keita will be a fantastic signing personally. But it just makes you wonder if klopp had no time for sakho, how will he deal with Keita. Let alone if we ever resigned Suarez.

Bobby went driving around Merseyside with a feed of lager on him, and we all got past it. It all depends on impact within the squad. Sakho was a distraction within the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

corwill wrote: »

Bobby went driving around Merseyside with a feed of lager on him, and we all got past it. It all depends on impact within the squad. Sakho was a distraction within the squad.
    Wasn't it a glass of Champagne on Christmas eve in the city centre ,  Hardly a feed of larger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Pepijn Lijnders has left his position at NEC after failing to get them promoted.

I wonder will/would he return as a new number 2 if Buvac officially leaves.

Very highly thought of in world football as a coach.

Saw this as well...i think Klopp is a fan

Wasn't it a glass of Champagne on Christmas eve in the city centre ,  Hardly a feed of larger

A single glass wouldn't have you blowing the bag, surely?

corwill wrote: »

A single glass wouldn't have you blowing the bag, surely?
    Iv no idea but I recall that's what he said , He also added that he was just distressing as his house was robbed the previous day

Iv no idea but I recall that's what he said , He also added that he was just distressing as his house was robbed the previous day

A single flute of bubbly is all anyone would want after having your house broken into, in fairness.

I'm not having a go at FunBob for it, btw, not great, but he took the penalty prescribed by law. I'm just not seeing H's characterisation of Naby as heading for a Sakho-type scenario

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So have we signed anyone yet!

FSG out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Pepijn Lijnders has left his position at NEC after failing to get them promoted.

I wonder will/would he return as a new number 2 if Buvac officially leaves.

Very highly thought of in world football as a coach.

Only concern is if he sees it as a step backwards, having been a head-coach. I don't doubt that Klopp would take him back, and he'd be perfect as a #2, very vocal and methodical...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

corwill wrote:
    I'm not having a go at FunBob for it, btw, not great, but he took the penalty prescribed by law. I'm just not seeing H's characterisation of Naby as heading for a Sakho-type scenario

Another poster mentioned that Suarez wouldn't be a klopp type player because of his character. We did see that klopp had no time for sakho as he was disruptive. I am not saying Suarez is any way like that. He gets into trouble on the pitch but by all accounts is professional off the pitch.

My point was that I won't how klopp is feeling about Keita right now given the off field and on field actions This last 12 months. In terms of his comparison to sakho, I only meant that I wonder is that a treatment he might receive from klopp. That is if klopp is having any doubts about his behaviour.

I don't think he will judge him just yet. But it's not obvious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Anyone think we should try get Buffon in as back up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So have we signed anyone yet!

FSG out!

We should have increased potential to get who we want given how we are progressing and considering we are an exciting team with an exciting coach that has history and is in with a shot winning the Champions League Final.

corwill wrote:

Another poster mentioned that Suarez wouldn't be a klopp type player because of his character. We did see that klopp had no time for sakho as he was disruptive. I am not saying Suarez is any way like that. He gets into trouble on the pitch but by all accounts is professional off the pitch.

My point was that I won't how klopp is feeling about Keita right now given the off field and on field actions This last 12 months. In terms of his comparison to sakho, I only meant that I wonder is that a treatment he might receive from klopp. That is if klopp is having any doubts about his behaviour.

I don't think he will judge him just yet. But it's not obvious.
    I'm inclined to think the whole drug thing had more to do with Jurgen letting Sakho go,
    Is it possible it was taken out of his hands and the Americans decided he had to go ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I think people play down Sakho's 'laddish' behaviour because we only saw a small sampling of it. He has had major issues everywhere he has gone with managers, the trend is there.

He was given the PSG captaincy at 21 in a bid to calm him down and keep his head straight. Within about two years, he was no longer a first team regular. He had a falling out at national level with Blanc and hasn't featured for them since a single appearance in 2016.

He had run ins with Ancelotti, Rodgers and Klopp and was driven out of the club. It wasn't his first warning here and the drug thing was probably just another strike against him.

This article goes through the lot: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/paris-saint-germain/160/blog/post/1852629/sakho-exit-from-psg-a-complicated-one?src=com. Very clear pattern to the behaviour.

I have absolutely no doubt that Klopp was 100% on board with dumping Sakho, even if someone else had a say in the decision too.

Gerrard looking to sign Lucas now being reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I think people play down Sakho's 'laddish' behaviour because we only saw a small sampling of it. He has had major issues everywhere he has gone with managers, the trend is there.

He was given the PSG captaincy at 21 in a bid to calm him down and keep his head straight. Within about two years, he was no longer a first team regular. He had a falling out at national level with Blanc and hasn't featured for them since a single appearance in 2016.

He had run ins with Ancelotti, Rodgers and Klopp and was driven out of the club. It wasn't his first warning here and the drug thing was probably just another strike against him.

This article goes through the lot: http://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/paris-saint-germain/160/blog/post/1852629/sakho-exit-from-psg-a-complicated-one?src=com. Very clear pattern to the behaviour.

I have absolutely no doubt that Klopp was 100% on board with dumping Sakho, even if someone else had a say in the decision too.

My favorite story of his is actually this season.

Crystal Palace in the middle of a relegation battle and awful injury crisis. They need Sakho.

But his wife just had a baby and she wanted a holiday, so he told the club he was injured. Club declared him fit. He keeps saying he is injured.

Goes on holidays anyways and snapchats it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Move to Glasgow? Unluckaaaayyyyyyyy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I’d say he’s gutted he missed out on Reina.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Given that he was a regular for lazio last season I can't imagine there is any chance of that happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Not terribly worried... from what Naby's said, it sounds like he and Mane became quite good friends from when they crossed paths briefly at Salzburg. Naby talked about how Mane took him under his wing, and they've stayed in close contact, so I doubt there'll be any grave surprises about his personality/temperament.

I don't think it's these big stand out tabloid moments that give Klopp pause, it's just personality and temperament and squad dynamic.

I'm inclined to think the whole drug thing had more to do with Jurgen letting Sakho go,
    Is it possible it was taken out of his hands and the Americans decided he had to go ?

I think it was just Sakho being Sakho. That wee video thing Sakho had on the pre-season tour in Alcatraz was quite revealing. Just being a bit of a dope, acting the big man, and when he tried to get Klopp involved he was shot down very quickly. Was sent home from the tour 3 days later.

Such a shame, as he's still a better CB than anyone at the club bar VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Some really lovely goals in there, be interesting to see what happens to him next year. 

https://twitter.com/TheKop_com/status/996630164896444416

looks decent, has a brain and a good strike on him.....

The boys on Off The Ball were staying Buffon and his agent/s having been dropping hints he wants to move to Liverpool in Italy.

They also don't think any of this is coming from the Liverpool side at all.

Amazing keeper in his day but no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The boys on Off The Ball were staying Buffon and his agent/s having been dropping hints he wants to move to Liverpool in Italy.

Shame he doesn't want to move to Liverpool in England, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I'd take him for sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

8-10 wrote: »
    I'd take him for sure

Ditto. Though he'd probably get sent off from the sidelines every time we're reffed by Michael 'garbage heart' Oliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Buffon is still, even with a slight drop off in performance this season, far far better than anything we currently have or had in a long long time at the club.

Could be the difference in us winning the league next season or not.

I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Hard to believe he'd jeopardise his Juvetus legacy with their fans by joining us though. Didn't all their fans turn the backs at Anfield for a Heysel remmorable the last time we played?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Beat to it :)

Origi with a nice assist tonight in the relegation game.

https://streamja.com/oo75

And a scrappy goal

https://streamja.com/2z0z

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I'd love to see it, but can't see Buffon as a Juve legend willing to come to Liverpool, it would destroy his legacy at Juve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

So yaya...?
    Should bring back kolo as well, theres a chant in there somewhere.

That really would be a great move by the club.

I can’t think of his name the underage manager before Pep.

Didn’t he go to a team in Brazil before coming back.

Michael Beale and San Paulo, who is now head coach at foundation stage - ir 5 to 11 year olds. That's just a fancy name for Kindergarten Cop!

Michael Beale and San Paulo, who is now head coach at foundation stage - ir 5 to 11 year olds. That's just a fancy name for Kindergarten Cop!

I think more than just coaching the kids, he coaches the coaches of the kids, building an ethos of whats important right from the youngest levels. Seems a good guy, highly rated and such.

Is there anything Ox can’t do.

Those videos are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I think more than just coaching the kids, he coaches the coaches of the kids, building an ethos of whats important right from the youngest levels. Seems a good guy, highly rated and such.

Got shafted by Gerrard's appointment too I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Is there anything Ox can’t do.

Those videos are great.
    "I like music, I wouldn't say I'm very musical"

Goes off then and plays the drums and piano :D

• Advertisement

Got shafted by Gerrard's appointment too I think

I knew he'd be trouble ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Mussolini's team inte semis and Franco's in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

BBC reporting now too that we want Buffon.

I love the guy think he's a great keeper. But no thanks

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »

I think it is unlikely for multiple reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Vicxas wrote: »

Is there an actual BBC report on this?

Because all I can see is their gossip section repeating the story from the s*n

Which, in essence, means sweet **** all

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

x43r0 wrote: »
    Is there an actual BBC report on this?

Because all I can see is their gossip section repeating the story from the s*n

Which, in essence, means sweet **** all

Tancredi Palmeri broke the news

https://sportnews.snai.it/calcio/clamoroso-buffon-contattato-dal-liverpool-17052018-3752

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Buffon. He's older than me. There's still hope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Buffon Juve Legend will not go to Liverpool, he would never be welcome back in Turin again

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Buffon Juve Legend will not go to Liverpool, he would never be welcome back in Turin again

Horse manure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement