Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

You'll watch it at that friends house and you'll like it!
    There's no room for jinxing jinxers here.

Can't watch it at that friend's house anymore, but I might watch it at another friend's house! 😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Have they moved? Just call up to the house and explain the situation I'm sure the new owners will understand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Have they moved? Just call up to the house and explain the situation I'm sure the new owners will understand.

Ha! They will if they're Liverpool supporters. Will hopefully head out somewhere, don't fancy watching it at home. Neither my wife or daughter are football fans, so that would't be the ideal atmosphere.

Can still remember watching the 2007 final at home and just hating the fact we were the better team but losing, and even with Kuyt's late goal I just had that sinking feeling it wasn't gonna be enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

A lot of buzz that Fekir will play his last game for Lyon this weekend and he will be announced after the champions league final. Also linked with Newcastle captain and centre half Lascelles in the past week.

Klopp is really building an exciting young side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ricero wrote: »
    A lot of buzz that Fekir will play his last game for Lyon this weekend and he will be announced after the champions league final. Also linked with Newcastle captain and centre half Lascelles in the past week.

Yaya and Buffon will put paid to that when we sign them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Yaya and Buffon will put paid to that when we sign them.

Milner ain't bad at his age

I would be over the moon if that’s true and we signed Lascelles.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Mr.H wrote:
    Milner ain't bad at his age

3 years younger than Yaya but the way Yaya plays now it like that is 23 years. Buffon has apparently been offered 2 years & the captaincy at PSG so he won't be coming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't you be getting your hopes up for signings :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I would be over the moon if that’s true and we signed Lascelles.

Agree, perfect foil with VVD and another who can head a ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not a shock

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/997831481815916546
    Just confirmed also by Juventus director Marotta: “I’m confident we’ll be able to announce Emre Can signing after Champions League final”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Feck all issues with can seeing out his contract with us and moving on, was always professional for us and had some great games for us. As Bellamy says I wish him well....

I was very impressed with what I saw of Lascelles last season in the Championship less so of the few games I saw him in the Premier League this season.

When I see him all I see is Big Andy waste of money if it all goes wrong because that lad won't be cheap Newcastle will want VVD type money for him as his contract is until 2023.

If we are spending that type of money there is better out there Napoli want about that for Koulibaly and de Vrij is on a free.

Double deal with Napoli for Koulibaly & Jorghino.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

I was very impressed with what I saw of Lascelles last season in the Championship less so of the few games I saw him in the Premier League this season.

When I see him all I see is Big Andy waste of money if it all goes wrong because that lad won't be cheap Newcastle will want VVD type money for him as his contract is until 2023.

If we are spending that type of money there is better out there Napoli want about that for Koulibaly and de Vrij is on a free.

Double deal with Napoli for Koulibaly & Jorghino.

Has de Vrij not already promised himself to Inter? Would love to see him join, especially as he's VVD team mate in the Dutch side - have been trying hard (unsuccessfully) to completely ignore all the click bait rumours, but I don't remember seeing much relating to centre backs, with maybe Lascelles the only one - any other likely options floating around?

Some Porto or Sporting or Benifca CB (one of the big three) has been linked, only a young player though.

edit - Diogo Leite

• Advertisement

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Has de Vrij not already promised himself to Inter? Would love to see him join, especially as he's VVD team mate in the Dutch side - have been trying hard (unsuccessfully) to completely ignore all the click bait rumours, but I don't remember seeing much relating to centre backs, with maybe Lascelles the only one - any other likely options floating around?

That's the story that he has an agreement in place with Inter however until a contract is signed who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Thats about the 7th time they signed him since Jan......It would be funny if he snubbed them with all their talk.....Shame we miss out on a good player but Can was very professional and kept very quiet throughout the whole contract "saga", if only Juve done the same.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Jesus lads, my ears are burning after all that.  ;)

mightyreds wrote: »
    8-10 wrote: »

Is this the guy that posts here sometimes livinginkorea think it was

Nope, that's not me. I did teach Can for a few weeks when he was being transferred to us and then his first interview for LFC was in German....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

Sky sports news , can to juve after the final is now almost certain

• Advertisement

Sky Sports Last with the News you mean? Look up a few posts :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Will Can be fit for the CL final? Could do with a Smicer like finish to his career with us....

think we're in a lose lose situation
    lose heavily and we finally got found out
    lose and we finally got found out
    win and we were lucky because this was the worst the worst teams ever
    win handsomely but that's salah going to happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

think we're in a lose lose situation
    lose heavily and we finally got found out
    lose and we finally got found out
    win and we were lucky because this was the worst the worst teams ever
    win handsomely but that's salah going to happen

Am I dreaming or did you just call winning the Champions League a lose/lose situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Liverpool have cancelled their pre-season friendly at Anfield with Borussia Mönchengladbach over their illegal pursuit of Rhian Brewster.

Nice to see we’re not taking any shît.

Am I dreaming or did you just call winning the Champions League a lose/lose situation?

yeah I'm nervous 1 can't see how we win even if we win. ridiculous that we're here. We don't deserve it. Only scored more goals than anyone, beat Man City, beat the team that beat Barcelona, whatever the result people will tell you I told you but the reality is right now, we have a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Didn't Buffon say in the past he dreamt of playing for Liverpool as a kid, Something about  dreaming of playing for European greats like Liverpool where his words

A lot has changed since the 1930s though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

yeah I'm nervous 1 can't see how we win even if we win. ridiculous that we're here. We don't deserve it. Only scored more goals than anyone, beat Man City, beat the team that beat Barcelona, whatever the result people will tell you I told you but the reality is right now, we have a chance.

Ffs, listening to poor, benighted non-LFC fans. Barely even people at all. Say a prayer to St Jude for them and then put them out of your mind.

I have nerves but if the scores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Phew, that should be just enough to ensure Mourinho gets to stay at Utd for at least another year :-)

• Advertisement

:)

It's official!! Liverpool have had a better season than Man Utd

Kevin-Malone-Laugh.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Jose out jose'd in the final,septic football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Jose complains than Chelsea played with 9 defenders today, which is so many more than the 8 or so Jose usually deploys in a big game!!

Mourniho & Man Utd - a match made in heaven... for fans of every other club.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Progress and a good season is all about trophies won unless you win no trophies then its all about league position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

You've got to hand it to Jose, he always gives a good interview;)

https://twitter.com/JarnyBen/status/997906599661457408?s=19

Charlie19 wrote: »
    You've got to hand it to Jose, he always gives a good interview;)

https://twitter.com/JarnyBen/status/997906599661457408?s=19

No way is that his, he has Trump hands

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Good job he had no trophy to lift today then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

RoboKlopp wrote: »

I was watching it and thinking wtf, then his left hand came into picture and it was tiny in comparison.

Man U did the double lads so they did have a better season.

The runner up double and it's better than 4th and CL runners up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

It's official!! Liverpool have had a better season than Man Utd

Utd fans' season ain't over yet though - they have their old flame Ronaldo vs LFC next week. It'll be claimed as some kind of victory for them if Ronnie does the business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was watching it and thinking wtf, then his left hand came into picture and it was tiny in comparison.

He's a modern day Jeremy Beadle

jeremy-beadle-during-15th-annual-amazing-great-childrens-party-at-picture-id112474821

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

jasonb wrote: »
    Quiet in here...

So, a week to go. What are everyone's plans for the match? I'll either go watch it in a friend's house, like I did in 2005, or watch it at home (2007).

05 in the bridge pub (i think on o'connell st). some amount of Milan fans, some gloating going on at half time... irish lads ripping up their betting slips at half time

07 at a friends parents house

18 - pub here in Fundalk, watched all the CL games so far in the same pub in the same seat... not sure if it'll happen for the final with the egg chasers playing.... seat will be taken i'm sure :(
    so am looking at booking dinner and a watching the match in another pub..

05 at the game.

07 somewhere in South East Asia.

18 at home with whisky and beer.

• Advertisement

Real 2-0 up away to Villarreal with half an hour gone. Bale and Ronaldo. The former is hitting his stride at a bad time for us, his pace could be trouble if he gets a chance to isolate Lovren.

05 in Ireland
    07 in Korea
    18 in Germany
    All at home with the beer getting warm and the nails all gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

I hate Man U

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

xabi wrote: »
    I hate Man U

Tell us how you really feel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Vicxas wrote: »
    Tell us how you really feel

I ****ing despise the *****

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.