Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

meh who cares
    next week
    it'scoming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sign Fekir before the World Cup and he goes there and wins the bloody thing for France and his price jumps x3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Some chit chat about Anderson Talisca (Besiktas, I just had a look at their squad list - so many players who used to be famous!) which might be Liverpool related

Scrap that Man Utd seems to be in for him (must be rubbish then).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

NukaCola wrote: »
    Will Can be fit for the CL final? Could do with a Smicer like finish to his career with us....

Another goal of the season contender from Vlad the impaler Can would be icing. Deserves a spot on bench if fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Sign Fekir before the World Cup and he goes there and wins the bloody thing for France and his price jumps x3.

But if he goes and France implode (more likely to happen than them winning it), does his price come down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

But if he goes and France implode (more likely to happen than them winning it), does his price come down?

Yup and if he plays mediocre and France do average then his price will stay the same.

If Klopp wants him just sign him asap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

ElTel wrote: »
    Another goal of the season contender from Vlad the impaler Can would be icing. Deserves a spot on bench if fit.

I don't believe there's SFA wrong with him at all TBH, sounds Coutinhoesque if you ask me.... back injury and all.

I don't believe there's SFA wrong with him at all TBH, sounds Coutinhoesque if you ask me.... back injury and all.

So he pulled out of the German squad and got there medical team to agree with him that he was injured and missed out of going to the World Cup as well just so he could fcuk over Liverpool on his way to Juve on a free?

Wow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

That's just mental thinking, he's missing out on a spot at the World Cup because of his injury problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Has to be praised for his commitment to the gimmick in that case ...missed out on a World Cup place over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Some great journalists out there, Liverpool are currently in negotiations with real real to sell them salah, a week before the two clubs meet in the champions league final!!!, I didn't even read the article, only saw the headline, talk about robbing a living.

The one from Spain that made laugh yesterday was Liverpool trying hard to get 191 goal striker as replacement for Salah.

Liverpool want to swap Salah for Benzema in stunning deal that could shock Madrid :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Has to be praised for his commitment to the gimmick in that case ...missed out on a World Cup place over it.

OK ok, I fess up, I didn't see the news about him out of the world Cup.

Apologies Emre, you're not a cvnt after all.

FFS we're nearly on page 2. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Thoroughly enjoying this pre European Cup Final period. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Agree with the papers just making stuff up. Remember a few weeks ago one of the tabloid's clickbait headline was "Liverpool have told Real Madrid which 2 players they want in exchange for Salah"

Bale and Navas :p

Obviously no quotes from the club.

People are paid for writing this crap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

Brendan Rodgers tried to swap Jordan Henderson for Clint Dempsey.
    http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11379340/jordan-henderson-says-he-refused-to-leave-liverpool-under-brendan-rodgers

Mind boggling stuff. The one transfer I was glad Spurs beat us to.

Sure that's been known for years,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9662510/Liverpools-Jordan-Henderson-was-shocked-to-be-told-he-could-leave-Anfield.html

but it does indicate just how bad a judge Rodgers was/is of players.

• Advertisement

That was the committee they just didn't give him the tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Are you all looking forward to the Sunday Session this time next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Henderson decided to knuckle down and regain Rodgers' trust. Great man management.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sure that's been known for years,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9662510/Liverpools-Jordan-Henderson-was-shocked-to-be-told-he-could-leave-Anfield.html

but it does indicate just how bad a judge Rodgers was/is of players.

Tbh at the time I wasn't majorly enraged with it, henderson was extremely meh back then and dempsey was on the back of a 19 goal season with Fulham. Needless to say glad it never transpired.

I do think Rodgers signings for Liverpool and his performance in Europe for both us and celtic will be a big black mark against him should any "big" club be looking into the possibility of him being their manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

It will be a fantastic sunday session if we win it next week. Also liverpools own darren till is fighting wonderboy in the ufc in its first ever event in liverpool next sunday.

I reckon if he was to win also the city of liverpool would shut down for the week. Well the good half of the city anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,529 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

• Advertisement

klose wrote: »
    Tbh at the time I wasn't majorly enraged with it, henderson was extremely meh back then and dempsey was on the back of a 19 goal season with Fulham. Needless to say glad it never transpired.

I do think Rodgers signings for Liverpool and his performance in Europe for both us and celtic will be a big black mark against him should any "big" club be looking into the possibility of him being their manager.

Spot on. I reckon there would be a lot of revisionism about it now as Henderson has improved a bit since back then but it looked like a good move at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

After another horror-nonshow of fluent attacking football from Manu yesterday, would love to see us bid for Martial or better again Rashford this summer. They are hugely talented pacey young attackers, straining at the leash to be co-opted into a cohesive attacking unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

garra wrote: »
    After another horror-nonshow of fluent attacking football from Manu yesterday, would love to see us bid for Martial or better again Rashford this summer. They are hugely talented pacey young attackers, straining at the leash to be co-opted into a cohesive attacking unit.

Why even joke about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

That was the committee they just didn't give him the tools.

They gave him Balotelli. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I don't think I gave Henderson a chance like many Liverpool fans at the start but he does such a great job. I dread to think how things would have been without him if he was frozen out for failing to go on the swap. He has been immense for us to get this far. A great pro and does a brilliant job in midfield. Granted doesn't give the same return in goals as Gerarrd did but still a fantastic player.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    Why even joke about it.

It's no joke I rate Rashford highly, I know he looks like a huffing/puffing Oxlade circa 2016 but reckon he would fit in very well with our formation and style of play.
    Pragmatism would sanction such a move as it would allow funds for Manu to sign fully-developed players more suited to their manager's setup (eg Willian)
    It's not as if Rashford has staked a claim at the club as a fully fledged superstar and is held in such regard that he couldn't possibly move to another English rival.

Suso with a come and get me interview in the Guardian today.

I have a lot of time for Henderson. He looked to be on the downward curve earlier in the season, but has turned it around bigtime. He's turned it around a few times now in his Liverpool career, and reminds me of Lucas in terms of importance albiet a type of player.

Milner was another I thought might be on the wane.

Credit to them both, and obviously Klopp. They are both brilliantly suited to his style and he obviously loves them both. Good enough for me.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

An awful lot of reports on fekir. I'm hoping it's a case of waiting until after the CL to announce anything rather than the usual idle speculation. I haven't seen a lot of him, but he seems to be a very exciting player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Not even a week to go! Going to be some weekend next weekend! The biggest! Manics, beck,John misty, orbital and a champions league final.
    Been training heavily the last few weekends in prep and also trying to injure myself to help the team over the line.
    We're living in interesting times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

garra wrote: »
    It's no joke I rate Rashford highly, I know he looks like a huffing/puffing Oxlade circa 2016 but reckon he would fit in very well with our formation and style of play.
    Pragmatism would sanction such a move as it would allow funds for Manu to sign fully-developed players more suited to their manager's setup (eg Willian)
    It's not as if Rashford has staked a claim at the club as a fully fledged superstar and is held in such regard that he couldn't possibly move to another English rival.

Doesn’t matter how pragmatic the move might be, won’t, and couldn’t happen. No player will move between those two clubs for quite a while yet.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Doesn’t matter how pragmatic the move might be, won’t, and couldn’t happen. No player will move between those two clubs for quite a while yet.

Both are now big businesses, they are in fact "franchises" to those favoring (sic) the american dialect and to their owners. There is a time limit on traditions - everything is for sale to the highest bidder including stadium names and players. It won't be long before business pragmatism trumps local rivalries.
    Probably not soon enough for Rashford's sake in fairness.

Both are vastly overrated.

Rashford and Martial probably need to move away from Mourinhos anti football to progress.

He'll have no problem sacrificing them anyway for a quick fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I've a had a premonition.....1-0 up in under 5 minutes....Lovren bullet header.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

mada999 wrote: »
    05 in the bridge pub (i think on o'connell st). some amount of Milan fans, some gloating going on at half time... irish lads ripping up their betting slips at half time

07 at a friends parents house

18 - pub here in Fundalk, watched all the CL games so far in the same pub in the same seat... not sure if it'll happen for the final with the egg chasers playing.... seat will be taken i'm sure :(
    so am looking at booking dinner and a watching the match in another pub..

Go to that pub, and if there's someone sitting in that seat you beat the ever loving fcuk out of him until he gives you that seat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

451196.png

Obsessed

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

5starpool wrote: »
    An awful lot of reports on fekir. I'm hoping it's a case of waiting until after the CL to announce anything rather than the usual idle speculation. I haven't seen a lot of him, but he seems to be a very exciting player.

Any of the reliables reporting it?

x43r0 wrote: »
    Obsessed

At least that poxy nuisance yesterday is out of the way for them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Would love to see what Klopp could do with Martial.

He has bags of potential I reckon club would turn him into a world class striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

x43r0 wrote: »
    451196.png

Obsessed

I like the lightening bolt though, in fairness it's cool and not all tacky.

I hope Jose sells Martial, Rashford & Pogba before he is sacked as I really wouldn't like to see them player under a proper attack minded manager at Man U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not getting all the love for Martial & Rashford. They are fine players indeed but are nothing so sensational that their caliber cannot be bought elsewhere. Besides its ManU, they are simply not for sale to us. And nor should we want them to be because it would set a precedent for them buying our best players, no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not getting all the love for Martial & Rashford. They are fine players indeed but are nothing so sensational that their caliber cannot be bought elsewhere. Besides its ManU, they are simply not for sale to us. And nor should we want them to be because it would set a precedent for them buying our best players, no thanks.

I disagree with the first part but totally agree with the second, forbidden fruit, move on to the next target

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »

It's hard to know who's quality and who isn't in that team the way he has them playing. Definitely don't want to see Pogba in a forward thinking team anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement