Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Both are vastly overrated.

I don't agree about Rashford at all, or Martial to a large extent. Rashford has shown enough for a young player to warrant the nurturing of his talent, am slightly more suspect about Martial's focus/temperament.

Back to more realistic options, that chap Fekir looks the business. The feet and composure of Coutinho, same eye for a pass and enough technical ability to link up or break forward at pace. And no baggage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not getting all the love for Martial & Rashford. They are fine players indeed but are nothing so sensational that their caliber cannot be bought elsewhere. Besides its ManU, they are simply not for sale to us. And nor should we want them to be because it would set a precedent for them buying our best players, no thanks.

Rashford is vastly overrated. Wasn't even highly thought of in their academy I believe. He was thrown in at a time they had no fit strikers and scored some goals.

Thats how to take your chance I suppose, but his ceiling isn't all that high, probably Danny Welbeck Mark II.

Martial is on anotger level potentially but needs a manager and system to unlock that vast potential.

What a telling is that any striker worth his salt and looking to develop should not touch United with a barge pole as long as Mourinho is in charge. He only wants the finished article when it comes to attackers.

His game plan consists of being hard to beat and giving senior attacking players the individual responsibility to find a bit of magic to win the game. Alot of pressure on their forwards to take the limited chances that come their way

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Not getting all the love for Martial & Rashford. They are fine players indeed but are nothing so sensational that their caliber cannot be bought elsewhere. Besides its ManU, they are simply not for sale to us. And nor should we want them to be because it would set a precedent for them buying our best players, no thanks.

Both look quality to me and if I’d the choice I’d take Martial in a heartbeat.

If a manager got him onside he would be some asset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Rashford, cashford bashord..who fcuking cares. Is he playing in a CL final next week.............no, no he isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Who cares about Rashford living off a purple patch 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Rashford's skill ceiling is as high if not higher than Salah's. He would walk into the Liverpool team at the moment. He may not be in the champions league final next week, but he finished higher in the league than Liverpool. Think about that for one second, yeah. Really think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Wow.

New, improved Macheda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well that's an insult - someone in Kiev saying Liverpool is not the richest city (report was about cost of accommodation)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Wow can’t believe Utd fans boast about finishing higher in the league when it’s obvious Liverpool were more focused on CL in last few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Rashford's skill ceiling is as high if not higher than Salah's. He would walk into the Liverpool team at the moment. He may not be in the champions league final next week, but he finished higher in the league than Liverpool. Think about that for one second, yeah. Really think about it.

Okay, it’s been a minute and I’ve thought about it. Really thought about it.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

GBX wrote: »
    I don't think I gave Henderson a chance like many Liverpool fans at the start but he does such a great job. I dread to think how things would have been without him if he was frozen out for failing to go on the swap. He has been immense for us to get this far. A great pro and does a brilliant job in midfield. Granted doesn't give the same return in goals as Gerarrd did but still a fantastic player.

I always said he was massive loss against Chelsea in 13/14 season.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

You could power the national grid for months from the delusional power in that post about rashfo D and Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Rashford would get ahead of Ings and Solanke on our bench tbf.......nobody bar an incredible talent is walking in to the first team ahead of Mané/Firmino/Salah......Rashford is miles away from that, to suggest otherwise is stupid. Can he reach that level? Not under Jose anyway. Maybe he can push on under a manager more suited to his strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

paulie21 wrote: »
    Wow can’t believe Utd fans boast about finishing higher in the league when it’s obvious Liverpool were more focused on CL in last few weeks

Same thing happened United when they were going for the Europa league. Short memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I actually spit tea everywhere laughing :pac: :pac:

Your some lad I'll give you that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

EE3531D0C2F01AE82725D2CF284497BDF9D86024

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Was he not joking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

corwill wrote: »
    Wow.

New, improved Macheda.

Yer man is a deludo if he thinks that Rashford is anywhere near Salah but this post is just as stupid. Like attracts like I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Meeow, considering he gave months of the season on the bench he can't take all the credit

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Dunno what's funnier tbh.

Utd Fans forgetting about utd focusing on Europe towards end of last season and rightly prioritizing it over the league now using LFC doing the same as some way to laugh at the poor run at end of league.

OR

Arsenal fans blowing the NET SPEND rationale out of the water by bigging up their transfer kitty using amortizing as rational reasons why 50mil is a good kitty to start with.

noodler wrote: »
    Was he not joking?

Pretty obvious he is surely!!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-reveals-liverpools-champions-14680603

Encouraging words from Klopp.

In terms of fitness we are stronger than Real.

A shame Bale has found form & will start most likely. Isco will probably start too with Benzema on the bench.
    Salah destroyed Marcelo for Roma in 2016 that will a key battle & he will probably come up against Ramos too since he is RCB.

Yawns wrote: »
    Dunno what's funnier tbh.

Utd Fans forgetting about utd focusing on Europe towards end of last season and rightly prioritizing it over the league now using LFC doing the same as some way to laugh at the poor run at end of league.

OR

Arsenal fans blowing the NET SPEND rationale out of the water by bigging up their transfer kitty using amortizing as rational reasons why 50mil is a good kitty to start with.

In fairness, United have been second in the league all year. Irrespective of how Liverpool ended the season, the result is pretty indicative of how the season would have ended it. We can say it's because Liverpool focused on Europe, but that's not really the full picture.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Yeah but I was talking more about the tailing off and liverpool ending up 4th when 3rd could have been secured around the time of the Semi-Finals onwards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

noodler wrote: »
    Was he not joking?

If he wasn't then I'd worry about him to be honest.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

gafferino wrote: »
    Any of the reliables reporting it?

Of course not. I think it is mostly all stemming from reports in l'equipe and some generic comments from Fekir himself and the Lyon president who expects him to move on.

It does seem more persistent than some of the outright rubbish though, and fits the profile generally. Could well be nothing of course, we'll find out in due course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

In fairness, United have been second in the league all year. Irrespective of how Liverpool ended the season, the result is pretty indicative of how the season would have ended it. We can say it's because Liverpool focused on Europe, but that's not really the full picture.

On our day Liverpool have the ability to best any team in the world as we have proven this year time and again, not only that but we have the ability to embarrass teams we play against.

utd farted and huffed their way to a second place finish, playing a woefully turgid brand of pulis ball, they have squandered hundreds of millions on bang average footballers and you have a manager that is unable to develop or improve any player he coaches which is why he has spent his entire carreer buying the finished article type of player.

It appears to me that he spends all of his time on the training pitch teaching his players how to position themselves defensively and just expects the attackers to magically form some sort of partnership and understanding without any gameplan or guidance.

In comparison Liverpool have a cohesive unit with the type of understanding you'd expect of a bunch of lads playing together for 10 years, Klopp has consistently improved almost every player he has at his disposal, we play a champions league final in less than a week.

If i was a neutral i know which team i'd back to push on to the next level next year, despite the league positions Liverpool are in a far better place than utd are on almost every level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

True, i'm pretty sure though if City weren't more or less home and dry by the turn of the year it would have been different in the respect of teams actually having to give a bollox about points, big games actually being big games. But United were 2nd and comfortable second to be honest. It only matter when you consider what a GOOD season is. If they'd taken 2nd and won FA cup can't say it wasn't progress, sets them up well etc ... but fact is every team were miles away from City so far in fact that alot of the top teams played with no pressure for months now.

Winning ugly the way Mourinho does is brilliant when you WIN the league. But horrendous when you lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

You've gone from Moist to totally baked...

Thanks for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

On our day Liverpool have the ability to best any team in the world as we have proven this year time and again, not only that but we have the ability to embarrass teams we play against.

utd farted and huffed their way to a second place finish, playing a woefully turgid brand of pulis ball, they have squandered hundreds of millions on bang average footballers and you have a manager that is unable to develop or improve any player he coaches which is why he has spent his entire carreer buying the finished article type of player.

It appears to me that he spends all of his time on the training pitch teaching his players how to position themselves defensively and just expects the attackers to magically form some sort of partnership and understanding without any gameplan or guidance.

In comparison Liverpool have a cohesive unit with the type of understanding you'd expect of a bunch of lads playing together for 10 years, Klopp has consistently improved almost every player he has at his disposal, we play a champions league final in less than a week.

If i was a neutral i know which team i'd back to push on to the next level next year, despite the league positions Liverpool are in a far better place than utd are on almost every level.

I'm a Liverpool fan, but this is akin to the Rashford comment.

You don't fart and huff your way to a position in the league. You finish exactly where you deserve to finish.

Jose is one of the best managers the game has ever seen. Is it pretty on the eye? Not always. Does it get results? It certainly does.

He'll spend big again, and Utd will be very close to Citeh next year.

Liverpool may kick on next year, and I really hope they do. However, you would have said the same in '01, and '05 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

mourinho's a one trick pony. get in, spend billions, us against them (not original), DEFENCE, get a big guy up front, DEFENCE, bully the small teams, get wingers for the big guy, success breads a monster.
    Klopp on the other hand..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Obligatory

5lytn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I'm a Liverpool fan, but this is akin to the Rashford comment.

You don't fart and huff your way to a position in the league. You finish exactly where you deserve to finish.

Jose is one of the best managers the game has ever seen. Is it pretty on the eye? Not always. Does it get results? It certainly does.

He'll spend big again, and Utd will be very close to Citeh next year.

Liverpool may kick on next year, and I really hope they do. However, you would have said the same in '01, and '05 though.

Apart from one year in Porto, doesn't he rely on the chequebook more than any other manager?

I just don't see his man management skills.

Just since his first term Chelsea days.

He can set a team up not to get beat alright. Probably the least you'd expect for the couple of hundred million he gets to spend every year.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    mourinho's a one trick pony. get in, spend billions, us against them (not original), DEFENCE, get a big guy up front, DEFENCE, bully the small teams, get wingers for the big guy, success breads a monster.
    Klopp on the other hand..............

United were ****e against the small teams this year. Excellent record against big teams. The defence comprises of Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and two aging wingers. They also do not play with traditional wingers at all and a full back is the extent of their right wing. Lukaku is a big man in size but doesn't really play a big man style of game like a Drogba or a Costa.

This is the Liverpool thread so I'll leave it there, but the analysis of United is way wide of the mark from a fair few in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

This is the Liverpool thread so I'll leave it there, but the analysis of United is way wide of the mark from a fair few in here.

Sounds good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

United were ****e against the small teams this year. Excellent record against big teams. The defence comprises of Phil Jones, Chris Smalling and two aging wingers. They also do not play with traditional wingers at all and a full back is the extent of their right wing. Lukaku is a big man in size but doesn't really play a big man style of game like a Drogba or a Costa.

opinions differ

6 days to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Rashford would be an excellent upgrade on Firmino. A much more dynamic and well rounded player.

edit: I see people are laughing at me, well I am sure I will have the last laugh. Young Rashford has a very bright future ahead of him. You'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Had to double check i didn't click the wrong forum link there for a second....

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭TheChosenOne_

Rashford would be an excellent upgrade on Firmino. A much more dynamic and well rounded player.

edit: I see people are laughing at me, well I am sure I will have the last laugh. Young Rashford has a very bright future ahead of him. You'll see.

I'll have some of what you are smoking, chief.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rashford isn't fit to lace Bobby's boots. You need to get yourself seen to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Jayus Murphy and Joseph, can we stop talking about Man U, Man U players or anything related to Man U. Who gives funk about Man U.

Concentrate on potential targets, the final next week and you know other Liverpool football club related topics :mad::mad:

Jayus Murphy and Joseph, can we stop talking about Man U, Man U players or anything related to Man U. Who gives funk about Man U.

Concentrate on potential targets, the final next week and you know other Liverpool football club related topics :mad::mad:

the obsession some have with follwoing every transfer link while we have a CL final is bizarre

Mo Salah : a football fairy tale - on channel 4 Tuesday at 10pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Wilson on loan to Rangers next season is doing the rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Lets out a long sigh......:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Rashford is just this seasons Januzaj.

Firmino would walk into the United team. In fact I'm pretty certain Jose would love a striker hat works as hard as our Bobby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mr.H wrote: »
    Rashford is just this seasons Januzaj.

Firmino would walk into the United team. In fact I'm pretty certain Jose would love a striker hat works as hard as our Bobby.

You're making the mistake of trying to talk sense to someone obviously on the crack pipe.

Wilson on loan to Rangers next season is doing the rounds

I fear Harry is at the age now where he needs premier league football or that is it, as far as his Liverpool career goes.

You're making the mistake of trying to talk sense to someone obviously on the crack pipe.

I know I know. I keep telling myself I won't get sucked in. But when someone says crazy stuff I just get that itch that just won't go away.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement