Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mr.H wrote: »
    I know I know. I keep telling myself I won't get sucked in. But when someone says crazy stuff I just get that itch that just won't go away.

:D Happens to us all at one time or another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Wilson on loan to Rangers next season is doing the rounds
    He is our academy player of the year, he had a cracking loan spell at Hull. It would make no sense whatsoever for the player to take a step backwards in his career to play for Rangers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Rashford would be an excellent upgrade on Firmino. A much more dynamic and well rounded player.

edit: I see people are laughing at me, well I am sure I will have the last laugh. Young Rashford has a very bright future ahead of him. You'll see.

These posts usually amuse me, in the same way the lighter side of The Office does, but this one... this one makes me feel a far more visceral, unpleasant level of cringe, like when Tim comes back into the meeting to ask Dawn out, without knowing she'd just gotten back together with her fella, or like when Brent and Finchy claim to have won the pub quiz after throwing Tim's shoe over the roof. Painful stuff.

Has a tonne of potential, but to claim he is a more dynamic and well rounded player is genuinely insane. There is no last laugh - an argument about the future is one thing, but to be making those claims about his current level is full on crazy. It's a genuinely mad thing to say. And I daresay both of those players managers at club and national level, the players themselves, and anyone else that's watched both players with any regularity, would agree that there is a gulf in class between them right now.

not yet wrote: »
    Rashford, cashford bashord..who fcuking cares. Is he playing in a CL final next week.............no, no he isn't.
    Exactly, who gives a stuff about United. We have bigger fish to fry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

He is our academy player of the year, he had a cracking loan spell at Hull. It would make no sense whatsoever for the player to take a step backwards in his career to play for Rangers.

Whats his natural position? Would he have a chance to get some game time in next seasons squad or benefit from learning under Stevie G for a season

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Suso with a come and get me interview in the Guardian today.
    Not the first time, Milan must be getting pretty sick of it, although it sounds like they would need the money. He's clearly a good player, but I think we've moved on and despite his improvement, we have improved further.

The interesting thing is that Luis Alberto (remember him!?) has torn up Serie A and topped the assists table. Considering that Lazio don't have CL football next season, I expect he will be a target for a number of clubs. It's funny though, out of Suso and Luis Alberto, I would have thought it was Suso who had the better chance of being a success.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Wow came in to check on the latest gossip/news/mood ahead of next Saturday and honestly thought I clicked into the United thread by mistake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

sideswipe wrote: »
    Wow came in to check on the latest gossip/news/mood ahead of next Saturday and honestly thought I clicked into the United thread by mistake.

Yeah, someone made that joke already.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    These posts usually amuse me, in the same way the lighter side of The Office does, but this one... this one makes me feel a far more visceral, unpleasant level of cringe, like when Tim comes back into the meeting to ask Dawn out, without knowing she'd just gotten back together with her fella, or like when Brent and Finchy claim to have won the pub quiz after throwing Tim's shoe over the roof. Painful stuff.

Has a tonne of potential, but to claim he is a more dynamic and well rounded player is genuinely insane. There is no last laugh - an argument about the future is one thing, but to be making those claims about his current level is full on crazy. It's a genuinely mad thing to say. And I daresay both of those players managers at club and national level, the players themselves, and anyone else that's watched both players with any regularity, would agree that there is a gulf in class between them right now.

Your attempts to bully me will not work. My psyche is stronger than that. I am not scared of you.

Rashford is clearly the better player in my eyes, more explosive and has a much better work rate. He is younger too, so time is on his side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Your attempts to bully me will not work. My psyche is stronger than that. I am not scared of you.

Rashford is clearly the better player in my eyes, more explosive and has a much better work rate. He is younger too, so time is on his side.

Now we know you are trying to take the piss!!!
    Time on his side saying he MIGHT become something, Bobby is already a super player that plays regularly and is having a great season ... yes Rashford may well bear fruit. But with Lukaku in front of him and Jose not being one for developing talent ... he may well not reach that potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

Now we know you are trying to take the piss!!!
    Time on his side saying he MIGHT become something, Bobby is already a super player that plays regularly and is having a great season ... yes Rashford may well bear fruit. But with Lukaku in front of him and Jose not being one for developing talent ... he may well not reach that potential.

He would flourish under Klopp. He would be a massive summer signing if it were possible.

You though!

You.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I wouldn’t even say Rashford’s a better player in Stevie Wonder’s eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I hope Klopp is drilling Mane this week on how not to get sucked in by Real's play acting. Would be more worried about him getting a red than any other playeron the pitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Rashford's skill ceiling is as high if not higher than Salah's. He would walk into the Liverpool team at the moment. He may not be in the champions league final next week, but he finished higher in the league than Liverpool. Think about that for one second, yeah. Really think about it.

REALLY enjoying this period before the European Cup Final :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I hope Klopp is drilling Mane this week on how not to get sucked in by Real's play acting. Would be more worried about him getting a red than any other playeron the pitch.

Nobody does the dark arts better than Real Madrid. I really hope we don't get sucked in by that stuff. They have so much more experience than us at managing these big games.

In saying that, I'm still so excited for this Saturday - the week is going to crawl by :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Maybe these will help

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW2MpPkfU-00FIJCmOnpL226-xufDNrH1U7-s6HGbXpgyb5pROa7L1FHgpiSEkeSDtMNrM6ZM&usqp=CAE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

noodler wrote: »
    Apart from one year in Porto, doesn't he rely on the chequebook more than any other manager?

I just don't see his man management skills.

Just since his first term Chelsea days.

He can set a team up not to get beat alright. Probably the least you'd expect for the couple of hundred million he gets to spend every year.

You could say even with Porto he had the most money in that league as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mr.H wrote: »
    Rashford is just this seasons Januzaj.

Firmino would walk into the United team. In fact I'm pretty certain Jose would love a striker hat works as hard as our Bobby.

When he turned United down for Liverpool the United fans said they did not want him anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Its all about the reddies..... thats VVD paid for anyway.

"If Liverpool beat Real Madrid, they will end up with 82.7m euros (£72.3m). Lose, and they'll be awarded 78.2m euros (£68.4m)".

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-how-much-liverpool-earn-14682101

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Ah lads, it's an obvious pss take at this point. Not worth wasting key strokes over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

robwen wrote: »

God, I bloody hated Stuart McCall that day! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

He did ok when Otamendi rolled around the ground like Mane had taken his leg off below the knee and Ederson pushed him four or five times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I wouldn’t even say Rashford’s a better player in Stevie Wonder’s eyes.

In fairness, he raved about Danny Blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Not sure where your concern is originating. Mane is fouled frequently in every game I have seen him play - usually due to his fast twitch muscles nicking the ball away from the toe of an opponent - yet is rarely disciplined for retaliatory actions.
    In fact I cannot recall him even so much as "fronting up" to an opponent this season.

garra wrote: »
    Not sure where your concern is originating. Mane is fouled frequently in every game I have seen him play - usually due to his fast twitch muscles nicking the ball away from the toe of an opponent - yet is rarely disciplined for retaliatory actions.
    In fact I cannot recall him even so much as "fronting up" to an opponent this season.

Yeah, struggling to see why he'd need special warnings etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

because the referee sent him off by mistake against City perhaps? Ah seriously I can see why he got the red but there were worse and similar challenges that didn't earn a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Does anyone know if Grujic went to Spain ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

see Willian being touted for Man Utd. I know we were in for him before and he can be good but see some negative comments about him in the Chelsea thread and he superimposed Conte out of an FA cup final photo. Quite happy for him to ply his trade at old Trafford.
    Maybe I just dislike him because he scored that goal that Mingolet definitely should have saved.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

The team are currently training at anfield this morning.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    see Willian being touted for Man Utd. I know we were in for him before and he can be good but see some negative comments about him in the Chelsea thread and he superimposed Conte out of an FA cup final photo. Quite happy for him to ply his trade at old Trafford.
    Maybe I just dislike him because he scored that goal that Mingolet definitely should have saved.

That photo was pathetic on Willian's part.

ricero wrote: »
    The team are currently training at anfield this morning.

Can taking part. This is very good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I am being unnecessarily paranoid admittedly. As you say opposition target him and he does tend to have the odd rush of blood to the head moment. I'm just expecting that Ramos will be up to all sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Not sure where your concern is originating.  Mane is fouled frequently in every game I have seen him play - usually due to his fast twitch muscles nicking the ball away from the toe of an opponent - yet is rarely disciplined for retaliatory actions.  

I am being unnecessarily paranoid admittedly.  As you say opposition target him and he does tend to have the odd rush of blood to the head moment. I'm just expecting that Ramos will be up to all sorts.
    I tend to agree with the original post, 
    Its vital to how we play that none of the front 3 are booked early, a yellow card takes away the ferocious press ,
    I don't think they will try to wind him up that not his issue,
    His issue is he fly's in to get the ball ,to be fair its always with fair intentions but Madrid are master of making a good tackle look like a bad one , So they will be out to get him and Bobby booked early on , It stops the amount of pressure we can apply with our front press,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,090 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gonna be a long week waiting for this European Cup Final......

It's only 12.00 on Monday like and I'm already here in my head running through how the game will go. I can picture the big empty space between Mane & Salah and the goal, bodies chasing them frantically, and then also the big empty space behind the goal to the stand, a lá the Olympic Stadium. We are shooting right to left. We miss the big chance. Camera pans to Salah with his head in hands. But don't worry we will score one before HT.

Planning my subs in my head. We are 2-1 up in my head. 70 mins gone, legs are going. Lallana is coming on for Milner. Can for Gini 10 mins later....still holding on.

Who next? Clyne or Ings..... the nerves are kicking in now big time.

help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

mosstin wrote: »
    Can taking part. This is very good news.

Just spent the past while watching the live stream of the open training session at Anfield. They were doing the circle/piggy in the middle passing thingy and both Can and Lallana were taking full part - Can seemed to have no mobility issues at all, bouncing around the place and sliding tackles with a quick recovery - if I was being overly critical, he seemed to be a little bit more knackered than the others, with plenty of hands on knees, getting his breath back, but that's to be expected....

Would think that Klopp will start with Hendo, Millie and Gini in the middle, but having a playable Can and Lallana on the bench that could be used without a big slip in quality would be great to see.

Anyone starting to feel the nerves/excitement build?

edit: another great thing is how chilled Kopp looks - smiling and laughing with the team, just exuding confidence - that's got to rub off on everyone - looks like a happy camp...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm in a really zen / tranquil state ahead of the final. It's a true shot to nothing. I intend to enjoy the build up and glory in seeing Liverpool jersies in the tunnel and walking onto the biggest stage in the club game once again. I have no quibble with Real Madrid being favourites and I'll have no quibble with most results on the night I'd imagine.

It's been dso long I'm just happy to watch final in such a huge final .
    I hope for the sake of the team they  really go after Madrid like we have every single team this season ,
    If its not enough fair enough but I really hope they play there normal game and go after them from minute one ,
    No regrets if we aren't good enough that's ok but play the way we always do don't let the nerves of the fact its a big final effect us .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Conversely I am thinking that a 32 year old Sergio Ramos struggling to chase down Salah or Mane running through on goal could also produce a red card. Ramos has a total of 24 red cards in his career with 18 of them coming in La Liga which is a league record. When it comes to red cards at the top level no-one beats Sergio.

I hope Klopp is drilling Mane this week

4986448_ori.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVWQZ32hXEM

live presser with klopp, mane and lovren

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

gafferino wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVWQZ32hXEM

live presser with klopp, mane and lovren

They are in great form, mane pissing himself laughing wheh asked which is more important the CL final or winning world cup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-jurgen-klopp-shortlist-tarkowski-lascelles-premier-league-epl-a8361576.html

UK Indo say we're in the market for a centre-back this summer and that Tarkowski and Lascelles are the top targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,406 ✭✭✭facehugger99

FitzShane wrote: »
    Gonna be a long week waiting for this European Cup Final......

It's only 12.00 on Monday like and I'm already here in my head running through how the game will go. I can picture the big empty space between Mane & Salah and the goal, bodies chasing them frantically, and then also the big empty space behind the goal to the stand, a lá the Olympic Stadium. We are shooting right to left. We miss the big chance. Camera pans to Salah with his head in hands. But don't worry we will score one before HT.

Planning my subs in my head. We are 2-1 up in my head. 70 mins gone, legs are going. Lallana is coming on for Milner. Can for Gini 10 mins later....still holding on.

Who next? Clyne or Ings..... the nerves are kicking in now big time.

help.

Isn't Klavan for one of the front 3 the next usual sub from the Klopp?

Then we spend the last 15 minutes camped in our box with Madrid raining in shots and crosses.

• Advertisement

Miguel Delaney writing that we've identified Tarkowski and Lascelles as our CB targets this summer.

Far more worryingly, there's talk of Butland again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

I would guess Matip is going if we are buying a new centre back, I wouldn't be too bothered by that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-jurgen-klopp-shortlist-tarkowski-lascelles-premier-league-epl-a8361576.html

UK Indo say we're in the market for a centre-back this summer and that Tarkowski and Lascelles are the top targets.

Lascelles is at a completely different level to Tarkowski.

Would rather spend a big chunk getting Lascelles than take Tarkowski on a free.

Lascelles is at a completely different level to Tarkowski.

Would rather spend a big chunk getting Lascelles than take Tarkowski on a free.
    since the VVD nightmare last summer, I can't see the club leaking any potential transfer targets . So I wouldn't pay any attention to these rumours

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Isn't Klavan for one of the front 3 the next usual sub from the Klopp?

Then we spend the last 15 minutes camped in our box with Madrid raining in shots and crosses.

Hope he's learned that that doesn't work too well. We end up inviting pressure. Should have beaten Roma 5-0 in the 1st leg :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement