Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kane being the English captain is gas to me, when he can't even speak it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I hope all the best players are fit for the world cup.

I'll be watching it after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Any chance of a transfer rumour?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

That's a good thing. They won't be bothered trying to buy him then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Just me or do the Spanish teams have a real  hatred for English football,
    They seem to be of the thinking the Prem is much worse than La liga and the fact we only came 4th means we are a push over,

Real Madrid and Barcelona are so up their own arses they'd have to go mining to find themselves. I always regarded Del Bosque as one of the few good 'uns and he must know he's talking through his hat.

Everyone knows Robertson would displace their left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,500 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If that complacency translates to the team itself, they’re in for an absolute hammering. Guaranteed.

For the craic, I put a fiver on a 5-1 Milner scorecast at 725/1. An early penalty for The Boring One followed by an absolute rout, with a Moreno OG in stoppage time to remind us to get him the fcuk out of Liverpool in the summer.

I like my chances tbh.

Real Madrid and Barcelona are so up their own arses they'd have to go mining to find themselves. I always regarded Del Bosque as one of the few good 'uns and he must know he's talking through his hat.

Everyone knows Robertson would displace their left back.
    Really Marcelo is the best left back in the world in my opinion

martyos121 wrote: »
    If that complacency translates to the team itself, they’re in for an absolute hammering. Guaranteed.

For the craic, I put a fiver on a 5-1 Milner scorecast at 725/1. An early penalty for The Boring One followed by an absolute rout, with a Moreno OG in stoppage time to remind us to get him the fcuk out of Liverpool in the summer.

I like my chances tbh.

I reckon this is a 4-2 sort of game, I'm just not sure in who's favour or indeed if it's after 90 or 120 mins!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Except he cant defend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Second best. Our Scottish lad is the best :pac:

Mr.H wrote: »

Except he cant defend
    I think that a lazy observation something the lads on RTE will say, just because he is so good attacking ,
     Iv seen him plenty of times be excellent defensively

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I think that a lazy observation something the lads on RTE will say, just because he is so good attacking , Iv seen him plenty of times be excellent defensively

I haven't watched loads of him. I have watched him during the champions league and the odd La liga game. He is very slow to get back from an attacking spot. Something that was very much proven against Bayern. I'm not saying is is crap. I'm just saying that all this talk about his defensive qualities are very similar to the talk of Moreno. It's not just lazy observations. There is something to it. Marcelo is a winger who plays at left back. I think he is one-off the best. But he is miles behind Alba Alaba and Sandro. You may disagree and I won't slate you for it. These things can't be measured so opinions are all that can be made. In my opinion Marcelo is top class and only let down by his defensive work rate. I think Salah will win that battle easily.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

UEFA charging Liverpool and Roma with 'crowd disturbances.' Liverpool also charged with setting off flairs and throwing objects. No charge for Roma on the attacks as it was an "incident they had little or no control over," you know, totally unlike Liverpool FC who had total control over fans throwing cans at a bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Honestly, I'm surprising myself. I felt physically ill watching the first half against City and was genuinely fretful over the two late Roma goals in Anfield. But I have no apprehension over Saturday. I desperately hope we win of course, but I don't expect nor fear any result. It's just stunning to me that we're in the last and most important game of the club season. The last month has been a victory parade.

I'm the same.... however i was strangely passive during the knockout rounds except for the City second leg... I'm not actually quietly confident but Real are a huge opponent with pedigree and serious strength in depth in every position

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

UEFA charging Liverpool and Roma with 'crowd disturbances.' Liverpool also charged with setting off flairs and throwing objects. No charge for Roma on the attacks as it was an "incident they had little or no control over," you know, totally unlike Liverpool FC who had total control over fans throwing cans at a bus.

There was also having us charged over fireworks outside the ****ing stadium in the City game.

I wonder can the club go to CAS about this sort of thing?

It's absolutely blatant bias.
    I wonder could a case be brought against them for failure to adequately punish racism europe-wide as well?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mr.H wrote: »
    Except he cant defend

He rarely has to defend, when he does, he can do it well.
    I think folk are thinking that Salah is going to have a walk in park up against him, but it's going to be far from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You can drink a pint an hour. Throw in a few glasses of water, the odd coffee. Eat liberally. It can be done. If you believe in yourself, you can triumph.

I've had a few weeks of intensive training now. Think it will but me in good stead but to be safe, I'm having a test run on Friday with Beck standing in for the match.
    Re-evaluate Saturday morning and either step up or roll back from noon.

I'm stupidly excited about it all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

There is no way I can consume the same amount as I did in 2005.

Because no one can.

****in hell, the excitement is building bigtime. Think I might spontaneously combust by Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Because no one can.

Thats called getting older and wiser!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Perhaps, Ill talk to you Sunday morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    He rarely has to defend, when he does, he can do it well.
    I think folk are thinking that Salah is going to have a walk in park up against him, but it's going to be far from it.

The question about Marcello isn't when he's there but when he's not. He's extremely forward thinking in how he plays and there will be loads of space left behind on Real's left flank, unless they get him to stay home.

At that point it's a question of how well they can stop the outball, how well Varane but probably more so Ramos can deal with Salah when he has the whole width of the pitch to run around them, and whether Salah can finish on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

They are going to shackle and kick lumps out of Salah. The game will be won if Mané can step up and take the chances that come his way IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    ****in hell, the excitement is building bigtime. Think I might spontaneously combust by Friday.

Listening to some Anfield wrap podcasts and really starting to get in the mood now. Excited more than anything.

I hope people enjoy the majority of it no matter what happens. I know not winning is not great etc but you could dominate the league for 10 years straight and never get to a CL final. Its special, so I'll make the most of it and hopefully we'll get a great game of football and number 6 at the end.

Hopefully this is everyone Saturday night at the final whistle
    giphy.gif

Because I know we'll all be drinking sensibly and enjoying a fortified sherry afore bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Because no one can.

I had 2 sly pints. I wasn't even meant to be drinking because I had to go into work, was working in a nightclub at the time. I rang in and begged for the night off, but no dice.

Can safely say they lost money by making me come in that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    giphy.gif

Because I know we'll all be drinking sensibly and enjoying a fortified sherry afore bed.

... would depend on the result...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

xabi wrote: »

No that’s definitely Liverpool fans shouting United there. It’s been said time and time again, we’re the ones who throw things at buses.

xabi wrote: »

HA both Man City and Utd fans can no longer take the moral high ground on throwing stuff at a bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

giphy.gif

In my head maybe, probably more like:

Lu9Y.gif

In my head maybe, probably more like:

Lu9Y.gif

Obviously that's you at around 4am after celebrating

I vote everyone throws stuff at buses for 2018/19 season. No football just throwing stuff at buses. Be interesting to see who gets relegated to the "Letting down tyres League". Probably Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

Obviously that's you at around 4am after celebrating

Probably more like midnight, win or lose :D

HA both Man City and Utd fans can no longer take the moral high ground on throwing stuff at a bus

Oh they’ll try though. Don’t underestimate bitter supporters.

Mo Salah doc on Channel 4 NOW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Mo Salah doc on channel 4 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Watched 2005 in the local. Quite the night. Got home around 3am, still singing. Went to work the next morning. First person I spoke to, I realised that my voice had gone - almost completely. This was, eh, slightly awkward as I'm a teacher. Kids were cool with it and half of them were Liverpool fans by then anyway - I proselytise on behalf of LFC all the time.

Nice to have the Sunday to let the voices recover this year. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

FitzShane wrote: »
    Salah full of confidence, Lovren seems like a decent lad. Last line is gas!

That was class :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

NukaCola wrote: »
    Listening to some Anfield wrap podcasts and really starting to get in the mood now. Excited more than anything.

I hope people enjoy the majority of it no matter what happens. I know not winning is not great etc but you could dominate the league for 10 years straight and never get to a CL final. Its special, so I'll make the most of it and hopefully we'll get a great game of football and number 6 at the end.
    Yes - It's killing some fans that despite their dominance of the domestic league, they have won the same amount of European trophies as Liverpool since 2000.
    Domestic League Titles
    Man Utd   : 8 (2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013)
    Chelsea   : 5 (2005, 2006, 2010, 2015, 2017)
    Man City  : 3 (2012, 2014, 2018)
    Arsenal   : 2 (2002, 2004)
    Leicester : 1 (2016)

UEFA Cup/Europa League Finals
    Liverpool : 1 (2001, 2016)
    Chelsea   : 1 (2013)
    Man Utd   : 1 (2017)

Champions League Finals
    Liverpool : 3 (2005, 2007, 2018)
    Chelsea   : 2 (2008, 2012)
    Man Utd   : 2 (2008, 2009)
    Arsenal   : 1 (2006)

European Titles
    Liverpool : 2 (2001, 2005)
    Chelsea   : 2 (2012, 2013)
    Man Utd   : 2 (2008, 2017)

When I was made aware of this, the Man Utd fan that was present started mouthing off about how only the last 10 seasons should be considered. He back tracked quickly when he realised that doing so would rob Man Utd of their Champions League title and domestic league dominance - I guessed he liked the idea of holding on to the past.

It's really hurting them that Liverpool will have appeared in the same number of Champions League Finals (3: 2005, 2007, 2018) as Chelsea and Man Utd combined (2008, 2009, 2012). :D

Win or lose the occasion should be savoured.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Talisman wrote: »
    Yes - It's killing some fans that despite their dominance of the domestic league, they have won the same amount of European trophies as Liverpool since 2000.
    Domestic League Titles
    Man Utd   : 8 (2000, 2001, 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2013)
    Chelsea   : 5 (2005, 2006, 2010, 2015, 2017)
    Man City  : 3 (2012, 2014, 2018)
    Arsenal   : 2 (2002, 2004)
    Leicester : 1 (2016)

UEFA Cup/Europa League Finals
    Liverpool : 1 (2001, 2016)
    Chelsea   : 1 (2013)
    Man Utd   : 1 (2017)

Champions League Finals
    Liverpool : 3 (2005, 2007, 2018)
    Chelsea   : 2 (2008, 2012)
    Man Utd   : 2 (2008, 2009)
    Arsenal   : 1 (2006)

European Titles
    Liverpool : 2 (2001, 2005)
    Chelsea   : 2 (2012, 2013)
    Man Utd   : 2 (2008, 2017)

When I was made aware of this, the Man Utd fan that was present started mouthing off about how only the last 10 seasons should be considered. He back tracked quickly when he realised that doing so would rob Man Utd of their Champions League title and domestic league dominance - I guessed he liked the idea of holding on to the past.

It's really hurting them that Liverpool will have appeared in the same number of Champions League Finals (3: 2005, 2007, 2018) as Chelsea and Man Utd combined (2008, 2009, 2012). :D

Win or lose the occasion should be savoured.

You are missing Utd's 2011 CL final loss to Barcelona in that list.

Mo Salah doc on Channel 4 NOW

Any good?

Knex. wrote: »
    Any good?

Any good? They are doing his season in the context of the Champions League campaign so it's brilliant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Any good? They are doing his season in the context of the Champions League campaign so it's brilliant! :D

was class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

5starpool wrote: »
    You are missing Utd's 2011 CL final loss to Barcelona in that list.
    I'm blaming the Spurs fan who put it together and the Man Utd shill fan never spotted it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

A bonus Inside Anfield..

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement