Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

A number of flights from Liverpool to Kiev have been cancelled for tomorrow due to lack of allocated landing space. Hundreds of fans with tickets now stranded with no way of getting there. Nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Klopp goes through his Champs League squad player by player..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

The S*n today basically comandeered that Salah doc and sold it as an exclusive 2 page spread interview with no quotes. *****

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

He wasn't that central to getting us here considering he hasn't played since Porto, still have him in the squad if he's fit though.
    Yeah just completely ignore last season qualification and up to the last 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Everyone is exempt if they choose to be. They don't have to apply to some council or something, they can simply choose to add on missed days at the end. But people generally don't apparently, as it kind of goes against the spirit and point of the whole thing. It's not a tradition someone forces upon you, it's a thing you choose to undertake. (grilled a muslim friend for info).

I believe that's haram.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Pandaramadan

*runs*

There will be pandaramadan in here if we win on Saturday, that I can tell you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://twitter.com/bbcmerseyside/status/999657175273361410?s=09

Selling flights before they knew they had landing permission. Jesus Christ.
    With deep regret, we have had to cancel three flights to Kiev

Due to so many flights going into Kiev, Kiev Borispyl has unable to allocate times for aircraft.

We have worked extremely hard over the last 48 hours trying to resolve these issues. We have had Liverpool football club, Police, UEFA and everyone at the highest levels of authority trying to resolve this.

We have exhausted all avenues to try and get landing slots. We have had them from Liverpool airport and Manchester airport and we have applied for slots in the correct manner and time frame with the authorities. To reiterate this problem IS with Kiev.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Brego888 wrote: »
    A number of flights from Liverpool to Kiev have been cancelled for tomorrow due to lack of allocated landing space. Hundreds of fans with tickets now stranded with no way of getting there. Nightmare.

Thats brutal. Looks like the club is trying to help out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

World choice blaming Kiev but they shouldn't of sold tickets without landing slots.

The whole thing is a ****ing disaster. CL finals shouldn't be on in places like this, impossible to get to and stadium is too small. Real Madrid returned 2000 tickets, Liverpool can't have them as UEFA can't sort segregation issues.

The Uefa online ticket ballot is an absolute joke aswell, I can gaurantee you most of those went on reseller sites, its like handing someone the ability to make a few thousand. Tickets should only be for fans of each club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Knex. wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/bbcmerseyside/status/999657175273361410?s=09

Selling flights before they knew they had landing permission. Jesus Christ.
    With deep regret, we have had to cancel three flights to Kiev

Due to so many flights going into Kiev, Kiev Borispyl has unable to allocate times for aircraft.

We have worked extremely hard over the last 48 hours trying to resolve these issues. We have had Liverpool football club, Police, UEFA and everyone at the highest levels of authority trying to resolve this.

We have exhausted all avenues to try and get landing slots. We have had them from Liverpool airport and Manchester airport and we have applied for slots in the correct manner and time frame with the authorities. To reiterate this problem IS with Kiev.
    Couldn't they fly them elsewhere and bus or train it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I couldn't imagine having tickets for the ham and flights, accomodation sorted then today to find it my flight isn't even happening. I would be smashing my house up by now. I feel so sorry for each fan who had tickets for them cancelled flights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I'm not the cutest bloke on the earth but I assume this is a black market effect?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The evolution of Roberto Firminos goal celebrations

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Nate Phillips picked in the squad ahead of Masterson.

Very interesting since Phillips is not long back from injury and Masterson has spent alot of time at Melwood, looks like Klopp may not rate him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Couldn't they fly them elsewhere and bus or train it

Hop to Warsaw and its about 24 hour train ride :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Full squad heading over:

Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Salah, Henderson, Klavan, Moreno, Mane, Lallana, Mignolet, Can, Robertson, Ings, Solanke, Phillips, Jones, Ward, Woodburn, Camacho, Alexander-Arnold.

It's a testament to Klopp and Ox that it's a pity he's missing. I think it would have been the making of him.

I feel a bit like Gandalf talking about Gollom when I say that Moreno could still have a part to play in all this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

brevity wrote: »

I feel a bit like Gandalf talking about Gollom when I say that Moreno could still have a part to play in all this.

Brilliant analogy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

brevity wrote: »

Falling into a volcano with a vice like grip on Frodo/Mignolet's ring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Some quality banners showing up on Twitter now:

https://twitter.com/grahamcantillon/status/998526995469361152?s=21

Milner and Can declared fit.

Great news!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I think Moreno will be fine as long as he is merely backup for either Mane or Salah in case we are trying to hold a lead late on. He needs to be as far away from our back line as possible and just use his pace for break away.

Had a feeling milner would be starting never mind in the squad. Been kept out of the last game with a knock screamed more of protecting him rather than an injury blow. As for Adam and Can I expect them to make the bench.

Karius
    TAA - Lovren - VVD - Robertson
    Hendo - Milner - Wjini
    Salah - Firmino - Mane

Migs, Clyne, Klaven, Can, Lallana, Ings, Solanke

That's how I think our team will look going into Saturday evening. Moreno will only be back up in case someone isn't able to make it.

We will have a strong side all things considered.

Can't get the Egyptian king, we've got Salah and allez allez allez songs out of my head all week. Filling me with adrenaline when I listen on YouTube at the gym etc. I could only imagine how the fans who will attend the match are feeling. To say I'm jealous is an understatement!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Mr.H wrote: »
    I think Moreno will be fine as long as he is merely backup for either Mane or Salah in case we are trying to hold a lead late on. He needs to be as far away from our back line as possible and just use his pace for break away.

Had a feeling milner would be starting never mind in the squad. Been kept out of the last game with a knock screamed more of protecting him rather than an injury blow. As for Adam and Can I expect them to make the bench.

Karius
    TAA - Lovren - VVD - Robertson
    Hendo - Milner - Wjini
    Salah - Firmino - Mane

Migs, Clyne, Klaven, Can, Lallana, Ings, Solanke

That's how I think our team will look going into Saturday evening. Moreno will only be back up in case someone isn't able to make it.

We will have a strong side all things considered.

Think Clyne might lose out to Moreno

Milner can cover both full back spots if needed, Moreno gives us a wide option up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So this Ramadan thing!

What if Can, Mane & Salah can get a couple of million Christian Liverpool fans around the world to fast for the 16 or so hours for them instead do you think their God would except that as thanks for the letting the three of them off it for the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

So this Ramadan thing!

What if Can, Mane & Salah can get a couple of million Christian Liverpool fans around the world to fast for the 16 or so hours for them instead do you think their God would except that as thanks for the letting the three of them off it for the day.

What are you on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I get that Ramadan thing's been done to death but just worth noting that carbohydrate mouth rinses are often used to provide a small boost to energy levels of athletes just before participating in an event (as well as during) and I'm sure there's a few other strategies the sports scientists with employ too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

The closer we get to kick off the more I am feeling confident we can beat Madrid. All the press is on about Ronaldo and Bale coming back, but there's not so much talk about Madrid's not as good defence. Whenever I think about it, imagining our front three attacking that backline I feel fearful. But fearful for Madrid! Mane, Salah and Firmino in full flow must be setting alarm bells off in some defenders minds. I hope it is! There will be goals no doubt!! We need to make Kiev a "a home away from home". Make it sound like Anfield, just like Instanbul '05. I wish I was going to be there but I will be, in spirit. Come on you Reds!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I mentioned this in the other thread regarding the Madrid defence, the one thing they have that lots of teams don't is they're pretty fast. Marcelo and Varane will have no issues keeping up and Ramos and Carvajal are quite quick too. Obviously our hope is catching Marcelo and Carvajal up the pitch and getting in where they leave gaps but if we have to end up facing them up and trying to get by them we're in trouble.

Mane picking/stealing the ball deep and driving past their midfielders while Marcelo and Carvajal are up the pitch is where I think we'll get our success from. I've convinced myself that Mane will be the one to rise to the occasion and the one to come out of this game getting the most praise if we get the win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

SM01 wrote: »
    I get that Ramadan thing's been done to death but just worth noting that carbohydrate mouth rinses are often used to provide a small boost to energy levels of athletes just before participating in an event (as well as during) and I'm sure there's a few other strategies the sports scientists with employ too.

Shoot him full of drugs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Mario Rosinstock in the Gaeity tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Shoot him full of drugs.

Klopp is our manager, not Guardiola.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

There are reports of Liverpool fans being attacked by hooligans in Kiev tonight.

Edit: The Mirror website is carrying the story now.

Masked hooligans attack Liverpool fans like a 'pack of dogs' in horrifying ambush ahead of Champions League final in Kiev

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I see we've moved from 34th place last year to 22nd this season (so far) in the UEFA club coefficients. And for 2 of the last 5 seasons that are counted, we weren't in Europe and got no points (the 1st of the 'null' points seasons (13/14) are about to expire too).

So probably goodbye 3rd seeds pot for next season!! :D:D:D

If we win we go into pot one as european champions(sounds good doesn't it!). If the other thing happens we'll be in pot 3 for next seasons draw.

Klopp is our manager, not Guardiola.

Shoot him full of hugs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Watching opposition fans absolutely shitting themselves Liverpool are gonna win the European Cup AGAIN is like heroin to me...more more more. Keep it coming. We love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I have an awful feeling Liverpool will get reffed out of the game. Fouls by Real going unpunished, magic penalties like the Roma games.
    But then I'm always pessimistic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/999764486784503808

Joyce with some encouraging words
    Liverpool will step up move for Lyon’s Nabil Fekir after CL final.

Bascombe saying the same about Fekir. Happy days. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Watching opposition fans absolutely shitting themselves Liverpool are gonna win the European Cup AGAIN is like heroin to me...more more more. Keep it coming. We love it.

It's like hugs to you not drugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Attacked by Russians it says on the thread over on reddit. A warm up for the World Cup, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Not quite sure why the Fekir news is being reported two days before the CL final.
    Why are our targets almost always announced in advance anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Russian thugs in Ukraine is not a shock, I think anyone going to the WC needs their head checking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,383 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mosstin wrote: »
    Not quite sure why the Fekir news is being reported two days before the CL final.
    Why are our targets almost always announced in advance anyway?

All the leaks came from the French side with Fekir about two weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

TitianGerm wrote: »
    All the leaks came from the French side with Fekir about two weeks ago.

From our side, we could have confirmed interest on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

I think we're going to batter them Bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

mosstin wrote: »
    From our side, we could have confirmed interest on Sunday.

Screw it. Its the feel good factor. Look how far we have come. We use to be a club that under H&G, we were on a downward spiral. We were being used to pad a couple of portfolios and make a couple of muppets a quick buck. We use to wait until August to start signing players (the odd exception of course). Now we are owned by FSG. Our stadium has been expanded. The local area of anfield has been regenerated and is being further improved. We have a young manager with tonnes of energy and charisma and is actually liked by most footballing fans when they leave the bitterness aside for a moment. We have lost big names but somehow still have amazing players such as Firmino Mane and of course Salah. We are now planning for the future and getting deals done early. We signed Keita for a then record deal for the club a year in advance. Now we want to chase another big talent and sexy footballing Fekir from France. We are getting it done. We are in the Champions League Mother ducking final!

So I say screw waiting. This kind of news aint going to distract anyone. If anything it is going to show our team that we as a club are looking to get even better than this. Better than the Champions League final. We are showing our players that if they want to stick with us then they will be part of something BIG. Maybe instead of distracting our team it will inspire them to prove that they belong in our future. Maybe Can might even think "wtf am I leaving for?".

A few false dawns have happened in the last 25 years. But I genuinely believe it is a very exciting time to be a Liverpool fan. Drink it in boys and girls. The redmen are gonna make chicken outta Madrids defence (kiev pun).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Fromvert wrote: »
    I mentioned this in the other thread regarding the Madrid defence, the one thing they have that lots of teams don't is they're pretty fast. Marcelo and Varane will have no issues keeping up and Ramos and Carvajal are quite quick too. Obviously our hope is catching Marcelo and Carvajal up the pitch and getting in where they leave gaps but if we have to end up facing them up and trying to get by them we're in trouble.

Mane picking/stealing the ball deep and driving past their midfielders while Marcelo and Carvajal are up the pitch is where I think we'll get our success from. I've convinced myself that Mane will be the one to rise to the occasion and the one to come out of this game getting the most praise if we get the win.
    It's the intensity of the pressing that will undo Madrid, they are used to being allowed to play their game. Unless the weight of the occasion gets to them our players won't do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

Liverpool 3 - 1 Madrid

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement