Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Russian thugs in Ukraine is not a shock, I think anyone going to the WC needs their head checking.

From Sky:

Sanctions for causing trouble in Russia this summer:
    Disorderly conduct - 15 days prison.
    Minor hooliganism - up to 5 years prison.
    Mass disorder - 8 to 15 years prison.
    Assaulting police officer - up to 10 years prison.
    Ticket touting - up to £20,600 fine per ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Watching opposition fans absolutely shitting themselves Liverpool are gonna win the European Cup AGAIN is like heroin to me...more more more. Keep it coming. We love it.

I’d be more annoyed if Real won 3 in a row

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fekir would be a fantastic signing, him and Kieta would be a huge squad boost for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

L'prof wrote: »
    I’d be more annoyed if Real won 3 in a row

Welcome aboard The Good Ship Liverpool.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Welcome aboard The Good Ship Liverpool.

:)

The SS Football Friends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

From Sky:

Sanctions for causing trouble in Russia this summer:
    Disorderly conduct - 15 days prison.
    Minor hooliganism - up to 5 years prison.
    Mass disorder - 8 to 15 years prison.
    Assaulting police officer - up to 10 years prison.
    Ticket touting - up to £20,600 fine per ticket.

Threaten them with season tickets to Goodison. That'd prevent a lot of trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

mosstin wrote: »
    Threaten them with season tickets to Goodison. That'd prevent a lot of trouble.

I'd take the ten years instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Mario Rosenstock in the Gaiety last night signing a Mo Salah song to the tune of Hey Jude. (couldn't get the video posted correctly to YouTube last night.)

Mario is a HUGE Liverpool fan from the age of 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Feels like Christmas Eve!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

8-10 wrote: »
    Feels like Christmas Eve!!

Hopefully it doesn't end up with a Christmas where your da comes home steaming drunk and wee's on the xmas tree....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Marcelo & Salah duel will be key.

Marcelo is Real's most creative player & but we need to keep Salah high up the pitch rather than tracking back.
    Depending on how the game is going Salah,Firmino & Mane could be interchanging throughout the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

13 years ago on this day May 25th 2005.

Istanbul-2005-lr-006.jpg
    soccer-steven-gerrard-filer-13-752x501.jpg
    137182.jpg
    jerzy-dudek.jpg
    e4e3cbb9915ba665b5fca727b680b1df.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Ramadan Update

"Thursday, Friday and the day of the match he will not fast, so it’s not going to affect him.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Vicxas wrote: »
    Fekir would be a fantastic signing, him and Kieta would be a huge squad boost for next season.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/liverpool/why-not-liverpool-set-to-make-their-move-for-lyons-nabil-fekir-as-he-hints-a-transfer-could-be-edging-closer-36944471.html

Dude has an "entourage".

Somehow I cannot see Mo talking about his entourage, although the Fekir is french and its a french word so I suppose I can let him off this time

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ramadan Update

"Thursday, Friday and the day of the match he will not fast, so it’s not going to affect him.”

I think that we should all fast tomorrow to show support for them.
    Plus you will get hammered much quicker.

• Advertisement

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I think that we should all fast tomorrow to show support for them.
    Plus you will get hammered much quicker.

Now thats sacrifice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

One more sleep. Very excited now, much more than I thought would be.

At the beginning of the week I was calm and thinking I was just delighted to be in the final, eating at the top table again and would accept a defeat to a top team like Real Madrid.

As kick off approaches my mindset is changing and I really want us to win and would be devastated if we lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Great pics from 2005, it shows how ridiculous the infrastructure was and how the Attaturk was a poor choice to host the final (as Kiev seems to be too!). Any ideas if things have got better before the Attaturk hosts it again in 2020?

Also, one more sleep, I'm so excited! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

e4e3cbb9915ba665b5fca727b680b1df.jpg

Shelvey, the snob, with a bottle instead of a can :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

This is brillant.

What a man to have as your manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

MD1990 wrote: »
    This is brillant.

So yeah, Mignolet is 1,000,000% gone this summer then.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

razorblunt wrote: »
    I have an awful feeling Liverpool will get reffed out of the game. Fouls by Real going unpunished, magic penalties like the Roma games.
    But then I'm always pessimistic!

Real will be clever and streetwise. that's not me giving excuses already for if we lose, that's just how it is. you only have to watch them in pretty much any game of importance this season. their time wasting, shousery, staying down with fake injuries, surrounding refs...it all happens.

you just need a referee to be fair to both sides, and you need Liverpool to rise above it (i.e. not react), and be streetwise themselves when need be.

if we get ahead and are under pressure, be shouses ourselves. go down with 'cramp'. give cheap fouls away in their half that hopefully don't get bookings. waste time by arguing with the referee. do those underhanded things at the right time.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Real will be clever and streetwise. that's not me giving excuses already for if we lose, that's just how it is. you only have to watch them in pretty much any game of importance this season. their time wasting, shousery, staying down with fake injuries, surrounding refs...it all happens.

you just need a referee to be fair to both sides, and you need Liverpool to rise above it (i.e. not react), and be streetwise themselves when need be.

if we get ahead and are under pressure, be shouses ourselves. go down with 'cramp'. give cheap fouls away in their half that hopefully don't get bookings. waste time by arguing with the referee. do those underhanded things at the right time.

Agreed but I'd prefer if we just bltzed them in the first half and go 3 up like we did against Roma and Man City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp on Moreno :)
    'I think everybody in the team would say that he could play No 10, offensive wing, the right wing and the left wing.

'He is the best shooter in the squad. Unfortunately nobody knows that because in the games it didn't happen.

Hopefully we'll never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Below from the Echo on Salah .
    Our Nutritionist
    We were in Marbella and the nutritionist established a work plan," he said. "Tomorrow and the day of the match he won't, so it's not going to affect him."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Can't wait. Very difficult to concentrate in work this morning

Have a few friends coming around to watch it on my projector tomorrow. Might break out the BBQ tomorrow afternoon and have a couple of beers to calm the nerves, but I don't want to peak too soon. It's obviously not a match you want to be pissed for.

My 8 year old is very excited - this is the first year he's been into watching the football and he's been allowed to stay up and watch all the knockout matches. I hope he remembers this - right now he's under the impression that Liverpool is the greatest team on the planet, Salah is a God and that we'll win the Champions League every year - I don't want to dissuade him but I've been trying to explain that these matches don't happen regularly.

I think it will be an open attacking match - I fear for us if Madrid get the first goal but if Liverpool get their noses in front, it's game on.

We've very little cover for any of the front 3 if we get an early injury, but that's been the case all season long so hopefully they can make it through one more match. the 2 week break will have done us good.

The team picks itself - I don't expect any surprises in the line up. Our midfield is where we win or lose this - Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum all need to play the match of their lives - Funnily enough, I have every confidence that they'll all step up to the plate.

Fcuk it, I'll say it - I think we're going to win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So yeah, Mignolet is 1,000,000% gone this summer then.....

He didn't talk up Karius as much as I thought he would, he was more positive about Danny bleedin' Ward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

MD1990 wrote: »
    Marcelo & Salah duel will be key.

Marcelo is Real's most creative player & but we need to keep Salah high up the pitch rather than tracking back.
    Depending on how the game is going Salah,Firmino & Mane could be interchanging throughout the game.

Marcelo/Salah obviously important but equally so will be the task of keeping Modric quiet and making sure Casamiro does not break up our play. Casamiro is similar to Kante for his ability to snuff out any danger in front of their back four, its vital we find a way past him or the front three will be starved of the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

I'm finding it very hard to get excited, it's my son's communion tomorrow and we have a low key function with family tomorrow night, none of them are big football fans bar my dad. There will be TVs but it's not exactly ideal as I'll have to leave the group to watch it. Endless arguements with the wife about it for the last two weeks. I'll probably have it streaming on my phone at the table for the first half and maybe try and get to a TV for most of the second half.
    It's a pity really as obviously neither are something I'll want to miss out on, my son asked me last week if I was going to the game or to his communion and my heart broke at the thoughts of him even asking it so unfortunately he'll come first tomorrow night.
    I can take missing most of it tho if we win.
    I'm going Liverpool 3-2. I'd love to see Henderson or Robertson get the winner late on but would happily have a boring 0-1 win, doubt it'll be a boring game tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Any point in getting the full membership over the light membership?

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/adult

Differences that i can see is the initial welcome pack/merchandise, digital match day programme, and discounts for tours and food in Anfield.

Spose its only 15 quid a difference, but I'm not sure if any of the above is anything I'd miss tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

90 minutes of Lovren or Karius not having a brain fart and we have this in the bag. Say your prayers, take your vitamins , cross your finger and toes, get a lend of your ma's roasey beeds and let's win this ****ing thing
    one thing people are not factoring in is that we will out number there support 2 to 1. We're going to eat them a live.
    last 20 are going to be horrendous as we gas out and bale will be on TAA ...making of a legend if he holds up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Knex. wrote:
    Any point in getting the full membership over the light membership?

Unless you want the extras you've answered your own question. I have the full but not sure why myself. Couldn't even get a ticket on my card last season. It's the hope that kills you lol

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

.red. wrote: »
    I'm finding it very hard to get excited, it's my son's communion tomorrow and we have a low key function with family tomorrow night, none of them are big football fans bar my dad. There will be TVs but it's not exactly ideal as I'll have to leave the group to watch it. Endless arguements with the wife about it for the last two weeks. I'll probably have it streaming on my phone at the table for the first half and maybe try and get to a TV for most of the second half.
    It's a pity really as obviously neither are something I'll want to miss out on, my son asked me last week if I was going to the game or to his communion and my heart broke at the thoughts of him even asking it so unfortunately he'll come first tomorrow night.
    I can take missing most of it tho if we win.
    I'm going Liverpool 3-2. I'd love to see Henderson or Robertson get the winner late on but would happily have a boring 0-1 win, doubt it'll be a boring game tho.

Another reason to give religion a total swerve!

Make sure you record the game at home anyhow so you can watch later in full if we win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

9 players have played for Liverpool and Madrid, how many can you name before looking?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5766637/From-Merseyside-Madrid-nine-players-play-Liverpool-Real.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Thud wrote: »
    9 players have played for Liverpool and Madrid, how many can you name before looking?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5766637/From-Merseyside-Madrid-nine-players-play-Liverpool-Real.html

Got 8.
    Just missed Sahin. Completely missed that ever happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Joyce is saying we are still very interested in Alisson however the price Roma want is to much.

He is also saying we won’t be signing Jorginho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Forgot sahin and morientes. Neither lived up to expectations to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Thud wrote: »

Morientes
    Dudek
    Alonso
    Owen
    Macmanaman
    That defender we got from the sale of Owen
    Arbeloa

Missing 2

Edit: Also forgot about the Sahin deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

brevity wrote: »
    Morientes
    Dudek
    Alonso
    Owen
    Macmanaman
    That defender we got from the sale of Owen
    Arbeloa

Missing 2

Edit: Also forgot about the Sahin deal

Can be forgiven for forgetting Nunez was a winger. He wasn't much of one :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

****ing Anelka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Forgot about Anelka and Sahin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Below from the Echo on Salah .
    Our Nutritionist
    We were in Marbella and the nutritionist established a work plan," he said. "Tomorrow and the day of the match he won't, so it's not going to affect him."

I thought Salah was too busy being used by the No crowd in the Referendum ? :rolleyes:

Screenshot_Mo_Salah_Vote_No.png

Pathetic stuff

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Will be watching in Italy on holidays. Avid Arsenal fan for my sins.

The local Liverpool fans in my hometown make it difficult to support youse folks but god dammit if I don't like and appreciate your style of football!

Looking forward to a cracking match, obviously a little bit envious my own team aren't there but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Best of luck anyhow:D

Glico Man wrote: »
    Can be forgiven for forgetting Nunez was a winger. He wasn't much of one :pac:

Nunez's Wikipedia page describes him as an 'imaginary footballer".:pac:
    Link

• Advertisement

Didnt Nunez do something good once?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

He left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Yeah he provided an extra name for the much needed La Bamba chant we had for the good Spanish players we had at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Said from the start that if we were ever to meet Madrid I'd rather it be in the final, they're impossible to take down over two legs. The longer the tie goes on the more their experience shows, and it'll be the same case tomorrow. I think we have to win it in 90 minutes, and probably have a decent lead well before that too. With the gulf in class between our starters and our bench having the game go to ET will be a nightmare. I don't exactly trust this squad in a penalty shootout either. We've won 12 of the 17 shootouts we've been a part of, but we're 2 from 4 in our last 4, losses to Besiktas, and City in the League Cup Final.

However, tackle this game like we have every other fixture in our run, blitz them early, and we've got a pretty decent chance. We've scored at least 5 goals against every single opponent we've faced in the competition, maybe that can continue tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYbch0bljC8

Final presser about to kick off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement