Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Klopp on Moreno :)

My gut is that he makes the bench - with Can and Lallana back, I'm thinking one of Clyne/Klavan and Ings/Solanke could lose their place - gut says potentially Clyne so it could be with Mig, Moreno, Can, Lallana, Klavan, Solanke and Ings on the bench, or Clyne makes it instead of Ings, but would be really surprised if Moreno isn't on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYbch0bljC8

Final presser about to kick off.
    Sh1te questions so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Didnt Nunez do something good once?
    Scored in a carling cup final

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Sh1te questions so far.

Yeah, but lovin' how relaxed they are

Klopp on Moreno :)

My gut is that he makes the bench - with Can and Lallana back, I'm thinking one of Clyne/Klavan and Ings/Solanke could lose their place - gut says potentially Clyne so it could be with Mig, Moreno, Can, Lallana, Klavan, Solanke and Ings on the bench, or Clyne makes it instead of Ings, but would be really surprised if Moreno isn't on the bench.

I'm going on Ings missing out,
    I think it was telling in the question about the squad Jurgen was full of praise about Ings and how his "future is really bright"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

BT replaying highlights of all games today, just mentioned that Liverpool have won 2 times in Portugal and won the European cup including 81 V Real will it be a 3rd time this season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

.red. wrote: »
    I'm finding it very hard to get excited, it's my son's communion tomorrow and we have a low key function with family tomorrow night, none of them are big football fans bar my dad. There will be TVs but it's not exactly ideal as I'll have to leave the group to watch it. Endless arguements with the wife about it for the last two weeks. I'll probably have it streaming on my phone at the table for the first half and maybe try and get to a TV for most of the second half.
    It's a pity really as obviously neither are something I'll want to miss out on, my son asked me last week if I was going to the game or to his communion and my heart broke at the thoughts of him even asking it so unfortunately he'll come first tomorrow night.
    I can take missing most of it tho if we win.
    I'm going Liverpool 3-2. I'd love to see Henderson or Robertson get the winner late on but would happily have a boring 0-1 win, doubt it'll be a boring game tho.

I'm in the same boat tomorrow with communion. Having people over to the house. I've told my wife either everyone is gone by 7 or I'm gone at 7. It helps that my son is more excited about the match than his communion.

I think it was telling in the question about the squad Jurgen was full of praise about Ings and how his "future is really bright"

Yeah, and based on what he just said there in the presser, looks very much like Can and Lallana will be on the bench, if there was ever any doubt.

I think it was telling in the question about the squad Jurgen was full of praise about Ings and how his "future is really bright"

Yeah, and based on what he just said there in the presser, looks very much like Can and Lallana will be on the bench, if there was ever any doubt.
    I think that's what he will do ,
    If we are winning and there's 15 minutes to go id bring on Can no bother, He is the type of guy that never hides and would put everything on the line to win the game, He can get about and tackle plus has height for defending set plays ,
    If we are losing Lallana is a great option to bring on to create something,
    I think he goes Dom over Ings simply for Doms height,
    If we are desperate we will start pumping balls into the box at him for flick ons and knock downs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Ramadan Update

"Thursday, Friday and the day of the match he will not fast, so it’s not going to affect him.”

Thursday I don't care about you
    Friday I'm in love
    Saturday wait we're working hard
    Sunday Madrid turn up too late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

It's going to be a long weekend. It started at 12!

Thanks **** I don't work Mondays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

The summer had been so long already. I can't wait for the new season to kick off. If only we had another game left. Maybe one where the stakes are high but the rewards are amazing. Some sort of glamour tie........ I wish we competed for things........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Mr.H wrote: »
    The summer had been so long already. I can't wait for the new season to kick off. If only we had another game left. Maybe one where the stakes are high but the rewards are amazing. Some sort of glamour tie........ I wish we competed for things........

... yeah but we can't, 'cos we're a mid-table side.

Like a champions league you say, well my friend were so lucky...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

MOHAMMED SALAH HAS TRIMMED HIS BEARD A BIT!!!

More to follow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jesus Christ Salah what you doin'? Don't mess with the beard now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has there been any update on Sean Cox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Fwiw....Brady and Giles have kinda tipped us to beat Madrid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

More to follow

Pics or gtfo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The new Chartered Bandits deal is worth 40m a season plus bonuses for winning stuff which is a nice little earner, regardless of the result of the game tomorrow just getting there has made a big difference to Liverpool's bottom line. Every renewal should be at least 25% bigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

The new Chartered Bandits deal is worth 40m a season plus bonuses for winning stuff which is a nice little earner, regardless of the result of the game tomorrow just getting there has made a big difference to Liverpool's bottom line. Every renewal should be at least 25% bigger

FSG are doing a great job with the finances, considering their predecessors nearly bankrupted the club it is right & proper to keep an eye on that.

Just need some big ears now!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

garra wrote: »
    FSG are doing a great job with the finances, considering their predecessors nearly bankrupted the club it is right & proper to keep an eye on that.

Just need some big ears now!!!

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

More to follow

Ramadan update: he was so hungry that he ate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Have been wondering the same myself. The two Roma fans were in court on Wednesday and the trial is being moved to out of Liverpool to Chester. But any article I saw never actually mentioned how Sean Cox is doing.

• Advertisement

Was thinking the same yesterday and couldn't find any recent update on his health - just that his wife is by his side and he's still in the same hospital, no mention if he's in a coma or not - from May 9th.

Just saw that one of the two lads charged has admitted guilt for violent disorder and the other didn't, so he'll be going to trial. Kinda feels like the family have asked to be left alone, hence no updates on his health situation, unless anyone else has heard?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Was thinking the same yesterday and couldn't find any recent update on his health - just that his wife is by his side and he's still in the same hospital, no mention if he's in a coma or not - from May 9th.

Just saw that one of the two lads charged has admitted guilt for violent disorder and the other didn't, so he'll be going to trial. Kinda feels like the family have asked to be left alone, hence no updates on his health situation, unless anyone else has heard?

The guys on the Anfield Wrap said this was the case. When there is news the family will let people know but want to have some privacy.

Have been wondering the same myself. The two Roma scummers were in court on Wednesday and the trial is being moved out of Liverpool to Chester. But any article I saw never actually mentioned how Sean Cox is doing, Im presuming he is still in the induced coma :(

Had been wondering the same myself. The two Roma scummers were in court on Wednesday and the trial is being moved out of Liverpool to Chester such is the level of emotion. But any article I saw never actually mentioned how Sean Cox is doing, Im presuming he is still in the induced coma :(

Who's everyone's pen takers if it goes to it. My five would be

Milner - best peno taker we ahve
    Can - has scored and missed for us but he has the confidence shown by his chip in the LC final.
    VVD - confident and hits a good dead ball.
    Gini - I've seen him roll in a few and he just comes across as a calm player. Plus dutch lads have a good record for us so let both take one.
    Mane - has missed some but want to see him blast it top bin to win it.

If Moreno and Lovren are on, someone's job needs to be wrestling the ball off them because you know both would think they'd bury it.

Firmino/Salah/Henderson have just not looked confident hitting them and their strikes have been poor. They'll all likely want one though. Would't be against Trent hitting one if he wants it, again hits a good dead ball.

We had a great group when we knocked out Chelsea in 07, Zenden, Alonso, Gerrard, Kuyt and I think Fowler was taking the fifth along with peak peno saving Reina in goal. Would back those lads against anyone in a shoot out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Firmino actually takes a great penalty, we just haven’t had many opportunities to see it this season. I’d definitely have him on the list.

I’d be more concerned about our penalty saver though. As I said a couple of weeks ago, if we have an extra sub left after 25 minutes of extra-time, I’d 100% be bringing on Mignolet. That’s an unlikely scenario to end up in under any circumstances though, but you never know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu0wPO13-G8

If ye can't find anything on the telly tonight, this is worth a watch - it's Carra and the two lads from Redmen TV talking about the match and Carra's experiences in his two finals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Mignolet and Moreno could leave as legends yet, someone mentioned Smicer before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

martyos121 wrote: »
    Firmino actually takes a great penalty, we just haven’t had many opportunities to see it this season. I’d definitely have him on the list.

I’d be more concerned about our penalty saver though. As I said a couple of weeks ago, if we have an extra sub left after 25 minutes of extra-time, I’d 100% be bringing on Mignolet. That’s an unlikely scenario to end up in under any circumstances though, but you never know.

Read an article today where Karius mentioned that when a penalty's being taken, he hears a voice telling him which way to go.

That'd be the crowd shouting 'Dive, you ****.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mosstin wrote: »
    Read an article today where Karius mentioned that when a penalty's being taken, he hears a voice telling him which way to go.

That'd be the crowd shouting 'Dive, you ****.'

The voice must be in a foreign language then.

According to transfer market Firmino has taken 8, scored 4 and missed 4. They don't seem to be 100% though as they have a few missing from other players I looked up. This season he's taken 3 and missed 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

From what I've seen of Salah his penalties are just a bit hit and hope. Scored for Egypt and then got one for Liverpool the next week and put it in the exact same place for an easy save.

:eek: T minus 24hrs folks to kick-off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BnqZ1mL_svM
    Here's a quick vid of the team running around the stadium this afternoon in their sports bra's - looking a bit more serious than Monday's session, except of course that smiling Egyptian genius:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Thud wrote: »
    9 players have played for Liverpool and Madrid, how many can you name before looking?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5766637/From-Merseyside-Madrid-nine-players-play-Liverpool-Real.html

All 9 players are
    Xabi Alonso, Fernando Morientes, Michael Owen, Alvaro Arbeloa, Jerzy Dudek, Nuri Sahin, Steve McManaman, Antonio Nunez, Nicolas Anelka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's going to be a long weekend. It started at 12!

Thanks **** I don't work Mondays.

Never had you down for a hairdresser:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I also forgot Sahin, Nunez and Anelka.

Did get Toshack and Litmanen though:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

From what I've seen of Salah his penalties are just a bit hit and hope. Scored for Egypt and then got one for Liverpool the next week and put it in the exact same place for an easy save.

Milner should be on penos, not keen on any of front 3 with a penalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I also forgot Sahin, Nunez and Anelka.

Did get Toshack and Litmanen though:(

Toshack managed them didn’t he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So is Salah starting for Egypt tonight or is he on the bench ?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Where's Toby gone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

More flights cancelled for fans, this time Myriad Travel due to their aircraft "not having the correct license to fly". Absolute farce. Can only feel for those fans not able to travel, especially at this late stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ended up in hospital last week with chest pains so I'm trying my best to stay as calm as I can.

I'm not sure I should watch tomorrow night or not.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Never had you down for a hairdresser:)

I'm on fire sure and just so busy, busy busy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'm so nervous I can't cope at the moment. I've supported this team since the early days of Roy Evans. I can't say it's been a glorious 25 odd years. It's been crumbs at times, some intermittent years of dour football, but I'm so happy that we've come full circle and play like the team I chose to follow in the first place again. Number 6 would mean so f****** much. Please let it happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Ended up in hospital last week with chest pains so I'm trying my best to stay as calm as I can.

I'm not sure I should watch tomorrow night or not.

Tough one. If you don't watch it you'll probably just worry yourself into a state anyway. Really tough one actually. Maybe don't take the risk. Hope you feel better soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement