Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Super-Rush wrote: »
    Ended up in hospital last week with chest pains so I'm trying my best to stay as calm as I can.

I'm not sure I should watch tomorrow night or not.

I was going to say phone your cardiologist but no point, it's the weekend so he'll be on his yacht playing golf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ended up in hospital last week with chest pains so I'm trying my best to stay as calm as I can.

Hope you're doing alright man. Look after yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Just seen video of Carra drinking & singing Mo Salah with Reds fans....

It’s really hitting home now... can’t ****ing wait for tomorrow now!!! Wish I was there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,380 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I was going to say phone your cardiologist but no point, it's the weekend so he'll be on his yacht playing golf.

He's probably in Kyiv :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

How does that work Harry? Is he teeing off on the top deck onto an island or is the yacht big enough to accommodate an 18 hole golf course? We need answers dammit!

martyos121 wrote: »
    How does that work Harry? Is he teeing off on the top deck onto an island or is the yacht big enough to accommodate an 18 hole golf course? We need answers dammit!

He's playing crazy golf in Blackpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭passatman86

My virgin/upc box has been on the blink all day throwing up errors. If it aint working tomorrow will a size 10 nike fix it..... come on liverpool might get the old candy jersey out and watch it old skool on the night

1 more sleep!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

He's playing mario golf on his gameboy micro.

• Advertisement

Health comes 1st.

Hard to avoid it though!!

Take care of yourself

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    1 more sleep!!!!

Or 10 more sleeps if you have a baby that is annoying at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Watch it. If you survive the feast, you'll live on the regular diet of steady trophies to follow...
    You know you're going to do it. Enjoy the game.

DeE-un3XkAEyMT_.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Heart is racing now trying to sleep, just can't get the game off my mind gonna have to find something to do tomorrow to kill some time leading up to the game or else it's going to be a long day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

klose wrote: »
    Heart is racing now trying to sleep, just can't get the game off my mind gonna have to find something to do tomorrow to kill some time leading up to the game or else it's going to be a long day.

I'm thinking of cutting the neighbors grass, I've already done my own...

So might as well do his.

The only thing is.. We don't really get along and it might be a bit weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Charlie19 wrote: »

So might as well do his.

Wear a Liverpool jersey while you cut it. If he's a football fan he'll get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So might as well do his.

At 1am? Yes, yes it would.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

At 1am? Yes, yes it would.

Its not 1 AM yet:D

V small garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Just bet 20 quid on Mane first scorer and 2-1 to the reds...........70/1

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Best of luck tomorrow lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

man can't sleep. Don't think I've ever been awake and sober at this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

I'm in the same boat wide awake , should have went for a nerve calmer earlier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

So might as well do his.

How many bales did you get out of it ?

No more sleeps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's like Christmas morning!

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    No more sleeps!

Might sneak one in yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

'BOOM' time soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Happy champions league final day folks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Most of my mates are Liverpool supporters and have just got the boat to watch the match in a bar beside a field. Non Liverpool supports weren’t invited.

What are Liverpool supporters thoughts on salad fasting for Ramadan. I’d be p1ssed off. I remember when naybet fasted for the month for us in 2004. A formidable player turned into a ghost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The political events of this week helped distract me from the game - now it's time to focus in on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭patsy sally

14 of us heading out to the pub for it could be some night/morning if Liverpool get the job done, hopefully we are all in for a cracking night looking forward to the game now..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

joeguevara wrote: »
    Most of my mates are Liverpool supporters and have just got the boat to watch the match in a bar beside a field. Non Liverpool supports weren’t invited.

What are Liverpool supporters thoughts on salad fasting for Ramadan. I’d be p1ssed off. I remember when naybet fasted for the month for us in 2004. A formidable player turned into a ghost.

A bit lousy on non-Pool fans, no?

Liverpool have confirmed that Salah isn't fasting for 3 days (Thursday, Friday, today), so he'll be grand. He'll be adding those 3 days at the end of Ramadan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

joeguevara wrote: »

Could they find a field without going on a boat 😊😊,have a good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Just bet 20 quid on Mane first scorer and 2-1 to the reds...........70/1

:eek:

Going for 4-2 to Liverpool at 45-1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Could they find a field without going on a boat 😊😊,have a good day

Damn autocorrect. Anfield 😂😂😂😂

I won a competition years ago on premier soccer Saturday and got to see Liverpool play inter Milan in a field. Atmosphere was class and the craic in the bars before was sensational.

4n9ph6jp99nbh78ffck266pe94_2018031412121115aa93bcb5cbb4.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

More nervous at the horrible thought of Villa being back in the Premier League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Think I might have a can to settle the nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Well, gave up trying to get back to sleep after being woken up at 6am - mad to think 12 hrs from know we'll be half way through the game. Too sleep deprived to know how I feel, somewhere between grumpy, jittery, apprehensive and whatever the opposite to relief is.

No idea how it's gonna work out 'cos the pessimist (an optimist with experience) in me wants to believe and my gut is that this team will leave nothing, NOTHING, on the pitch except the sweat of total commitment.

Whatever happens, proud of this team, proud of what they've achieved with what they have and already looking forward to next season. But first, there's a game that could define this team for the coming years.

Followed this team for 40yrs this month, took the success of the late 70's and 80's for granted - my birthday is mid-May and it felt like my birthday parties always had rice crispie cakes and Liverpool in the FA Cup final on the telly. Luckily lived in Germany for the Souness years and lost my connection to the team - became more of an ABU as the Ferguson years took hold, came back when Houlier began to win trophies, liked Rafa and was back on board by 2005 and then lived through the false dawns and then the utter frustration of Woy.

Thought we'd hired David Brent after watching Being:Liverpool (remember the protrait Rodgers had of himself in his house and the 3 envelopes sh!te?) but figured he seems to know what he's up to. As I discovered water based viewing options online in the 12/13 season I was able to never miss a match. This was when my best mate, also a fan since the mid 70's, got sick and began to shut himself off from friends as he didn't want to talk about it. I was able to get through to him by texting updates from matches (he could never get streaming to work) and that's when I became a long time lurker on this thread so I had links to send him or could pick up other peoples better informed opinions to have something to talk about and sound a lot more knowledgeable about the game and the team than I really was - thanks! Favourite memory of the 13/14 season was the 5-1 against Arsenal - was texting the scores and couldn't keep up (3 goals in 10 mins, no?) so I called, wondering if he'd pick up and when I told him it was now 4-0, I heard him heartily laugh for the first time in a while...

The last text I sent that he was able to pick up was when we secured CL last year. Today I'm heading to Dublin to meet up with the old gang to remember him in on his first anniversary - mad how it feels like yesterday since we sat in McSorleys skulling pints watching the 2005 final, thinking this is a game we'll never forget. It's funny, the week after the funeral I thought about how the 26th would be a Saturday this year and checked to see if the final would be today and then laughed and said, go on bud, pull some strings. So he we are, to say that whatever happens tonight will be emotional is a complete understatement. Every time I watch the team now it always more than 11 blokes in Red or florescent orange kicking a ball around, tonight doubly so... Love this team, and thinking about what Klopp said in his very first presser - I believe!

YNWA - wherever and with whoever you're watching the match tonight, enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

jaysis.. maybe get it checked out again lad.... or have your phone ready to go on 112 and your Eircode ready for the ambo :pac:

I out my entire Paddy Power account balance on van Dijk to score first and Liverpool to win 1-3 at 320/1. Yep, my entire account balance.....................of €1.61.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Ive €100 in an envelope, won from a manc fan last season over who'd finish above who.

Im tempted to do a wincast of Milner/Liverpool but probably better to lump it on the 2/1 Liverpool in 90 minutes.

Feeling good about this evening.

I've got 20 euro in it - and hard fought to get it that low/high! But I'm not backing a result as I want to enjoy the game not be hoping RM score a goal to win a BTTS/Liverpool win bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I've a €100 free bet on Liverpool to win in 90 mins.

Junking on doing €10 on manè first scorer and €5 on Liverpool 3-1 Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

https://twitter.com/JOE_co_uk/status/999967564154462209?s=08

Funny avengers thingy here. Laughed my head off during the whole video!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Milner to score a hat trick and Liverpool to win at 2500-1 is my bet of the day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Stuck €20 on Liverpool to win after we drew Roma. Stuff another few bob on Lovren anytime scorer -- I can see it in my mind's eye.

Miner to score a hat trick and Liverpool to win at 2500-1 is my bet of the day...

There is no way Liverpool will get three penos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

There is no way Liverpool will get three penos!

I'd settle for four

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement