Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

50-50 one was getting flattened one was getting sent off , unfortunately is was Ederson who got there first hardly a scumbag move both players really had eyes on the ball , I understand the red card but there was no intent for Mane to hurt Ederson or the other way around in my opinion it was two fully committed players going for a ball ,
    Otamendoi seriously milked it last night , Mane slipped trying to put the breaks on was a free kick but nothing more,

Ahh come off it ,ederson was in the air when Mane fired off his kick.He didnt care wheter he hit Ederson or not.
    Mane was in the Air when Ederson flung his head at it, Both lads went for the ball, both clearly eyes fixed on the ball ,
    I understand it was a red and why but it wasn't a scumbag thing to do at all , It was 2 guys trying to succeed for there team's one got there first and the rest is history :) 
    I give both huge credit as a lot of Keepers and forward's would have pulled out afraid of being hurt or not having the desire to win every ball, Sometime accidents happen I think this was the case but I understand the red ,
    If Mane had of got there a split second earlier Ederson would have seen red , So fair is fair ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Ahh come off it ,ederson was in the air when Mane fired off his kick.He didnt care wheter he hit Ederson or not.

Mane was in the air as well. He didn't swing his leg to "kick" him. He had his leg outstretched and the two players collided.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Roma coach seems mental, I'm afraid of him.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    And Klopp isn't mental?

:pac:

Klopp be like :pac::pac::pac:

62a82783-b923-4f97-88c1-22641aa0de14.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

D'Agger wrote: »
    I was drinking bottles like it was 2007 last night (sadly it wasn't Rolling Rock).

Rolling Rock.

That's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Lovren is feeling confident.

Dejan Lovren sends a bold warning to Manchester City after Liverpool win (The Express)
    Two quarter-final victories over Pep Guardiola’s side, including their 2-1 win on Tuesday, have put the Reds into the draw for the last four in Europe.

But it is City’s domestic crown that Lovren says Liverpool will be after next season if they maintain current levels of progress.

“I'm definitely confident that next season we can push everyone from the beginning to the end,” he said.

“The regret for us is definitely the first six or seven games of the season in the Premier League.

“We had many draws and they took us out of the first place.

“Also we didn't have any luck with injuries again.

“They [City] deserve to be champions but we are in good shape now and hopefully we can go to the final and it can be a good season for us.”

City have the consolation of the Premier League title should they manage two more victories in their remaining six games.

But they will be disappointed with their performance over two legs at Anfield last week and on Tuesday, going down 5-1 on aggregate.

Lovren revealed tensions spilled over in the Liverpool dressing room at half time at The Etihad last night after they were lucky to go in just 1-0 down.

“To be honest I was shouting a bit at half time and I told the lads to wake up because it was not good enough and I said we were sitting too deep,” he said.

“[Jurgen] Klopp wanted me and Virgil [van Dijk] to be more compact and push the team up but it was quite difficult you know to push up when City had the ball.

“It was all positive, there was nothing negative, but I needed to remind the guys that we had 50 minutes to be in the semi-finals of the Champions League and we needed to give more.”

Liverpool find out their semi-final opponents on Friday when the draw is made in Nyon, Switzerland with themselves and Roma confirmed and Bayern Munich and Real Madrid favourites to join them.

And Lovren says it is a case of anyone but Real Madrid for him.

“The competition is wide open and anything is possible now. From a personal point of view I don't want Real Madrid in the semi-finals.

“They have a lot of experience in the Champions League, a lot of records and over the past three seasons it is always them. But whoever we get will find it difficult to come to Anfield and score some goals.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SlickRic wrote: »
    the silence is now deafening.
    he's changed our defence.
    we can actually soak up pressure when we choose to, meaning our lads can actually take a rest in a game, rather than thinking they have to score a thousand goals.

Our problem wasn't soaking up pressure as a set defence. When we've tried to do it, we've generally done it well, with or without Van Dijk.

Our issue has always been in transition, or generally when defenders are put on the spot with little support, and also being able to make a decision on the pitch to soak up pressure and stop playing suicide football.

Those are the main improvements, IMO. Van Dijk has shown the leadership to get us back into shape and slow the **** down when we need to, and he's (mostly) led by example in covering in transition and making difficult individual defensive plays without losing his mind.

We kept a bunch of clean sheets last season when we had a mind to. Now we can keep clean sheets even when we're playing aggressively.
    That's more important, because we have to be able to do that if we want to win while remaining true to our philosophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Talisman wrote: »

Sounds like he was acting like a leader with VVD in the dressing room. In fairness over the two legs he acted like a leader on the pitch. Yes he has talked the talk a few times followed by howlers (see Spurs) but can't fault this time and he deserves the credit he is getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Van Dijk on a yellow for the next round for winning the ball & for Sterling attempting some sort of kick at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

MD1990 wrote: »
    Van Dijk on a yellow for the next round for winning the ball & for Sterling attempting some sort of kick at him.

Yellows dont carry over after the quarter finals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

I think thats wiped.....if he was on a yellow, and got a yellow, then he would be suspended for the first leg, but as he had none, then its wiped.

Thats what Im led to believe from BT Sport last night anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Just in case anyone missed it ;)

DadQgtUX0AAHhuA.jpg

Insane running from Milner at 32.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

West Brom v Liverpool has been rescheduled because Man City lost in the Champions League Quarter Finals last night.

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Sounds like he was acting like a leader with VVD in the dressing room. In fairness over the two legs he acted like a leader on the pitch. Yes he has talked the talk a few times followed by howlers (see Spurs) but can't fault this time and he deserves the credit he is getting.
    Of course he deserves credit. He has had serious issues to deal with in his life outside of the game and is to be commended for how he has come through it.

He is a leader - as I've said before he was the only player in the dressing room with the nerve to stand up to Rodgers and Gerrard in the 2014/15 season.

He needs to focus on the positives and not get too carried away. There's no such thing as the perfect player, they're all human. On his day he is the best defender on the pitch, he just needs the support to ensure it happens as regularly as possible.

I gotta say to see lads like Milner and Ox wining last night was great, both have been written off for different reason and now both have had a huge hand in putting there team into a champions league semi final ,
    Ox seems like a different player, he realises he can be that player people expected him to be as a teenager,
    Lovren was unreal last night, its such a shame he can't be consistent, he showed why I rank him miles ahead of Matip last night,

• Advertisement

We were very lucky to beat City, twice, 5-1 on aggregate over 2 legs and 180 minutes. No seriously I always sound sarcastic but key points went our way, lucky lucky lucky.

We were very lucky to beat City, twice, 5-1 on aggregate over 2 legs and 180 minutes. No seriously I always sound sarcastic but key points went our way, lucky lucky lucky.

We were the better team and we got what we deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Delighted for Milner last night. Top pro, if we do go all the way and win, if anyone is deserving of a champions league medal its him.

Ox was just pure class. I always like the lad, and was very happy when we signed him. Amazing what a bit of belief from your coaches can do for a player.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

DadQgtUX0AAHhuA.jpg

Insane running from Milner at 32.

And the amount of the running that were lung bursting sprints to break up play or press the ball cannot be overlooked either

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Of course he deserves credit. He has had serious issues to deal with in his life outside of the game and is to be commended for how he has come through it.

He is a leader - as I've said before he was the only player in the dressing room with the nerve to stand up to Rodgers and Gerrard in the 2014/15 season.

He needs to focus on the positives and not get too carried away. There's no such thing as the perfect player, they're all human. On his day he is the best defender on the pitch, he just needs the support to ensure it happens as regularly as possible.
    What the story about standing up to Rodger and Gerrard  ?  I missed that one

• Advertisement

I thought Ox was a sullen, talentless eejit, everytime he's on tv now he makes a fool out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

City 'fans' booing Milner has to be the dumbest thing in football

Absolutely baffling that VVD was booked for this.

https://twitter.com/KnightsofKlopp/status/983850664777404416?s=19

3rd favourites to win. Roma 11-1, the only team I really fear.
    Sevilla, just realised they're not out yet, Sevilla

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I thought Ox was a sullen, talentless eejit, everytime he's on tv now he makes a fool out of me.

I was the same on deadline day, thought he was lazy and arrogant.

My, how I've eaten my words many times over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

I always thought Ox was talented and had great potential but thought the fee we paid was crazy. But seeing how well he has integrated into the group and the effort he puts in I don't care about the fee. It just goes to show that players can unlock a whole other level with the right manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

Me too... What's the story there?

In November 2014 Liverpool lost 3-1 to Crystal Palace. During the game Bolasie, Puncheon and Jedinak repeatedly went past Gerrard like he wasn't there. In the dressing room afterwards there was a bust up between Gerrard and Lovren. Lovren had a go at Rodgers and is supposed to have said that Gerrard should no longer be starting games for Liverpool. Gerrard blamed Lovren for conceding the decisive goals. Rodgers dropped Lovren for the next 4/5 games.

Coutinho must feel like a fool right now.

Serves him right after disrespecting the club not staying for just another 4 months while he was ineligible for Barcelona.

His back should be ok watching us from his sofa.

In November 2014 Liverpool lost 3-1 to Crystal Palace. During the game Bolasie, Puncheon and Jedinak repeatedly went past Gerrard like he wasn't there. In the dressing room afterwards there was a bust up between Gerrard and Lovren. Lovren had a go at Rodgers and is supposed to have said that Gerrard should no longer be starting games for Liverpool. Gerrard blamed Lovren for conceding the decisive goals. Rodgers dropped Lovren for the next 4/5 games.

Rodgers also alienated a lot of players, such as Agger.

• Advertisement

Rodgers really messed up Gerrard in final few years at the club.

He did play well in patch in 13/14 with his playmaking but he really should have been used as an AM rather than playing so deep where players just breezed past him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well those are the breaks. City won the toss in the 1st game and had Liverpool shot into the Kop in the 1st half thinking it would unsettle the team knowing they like to do it in the 2nd half. If City had of let Liverpool play the way they liked they would have had the other linesman and he may have been in the right position to spot Salah offside for the 1st goal of the tie.

But it is all ifs, ands, and buts and who cares City the "best team in the world" according to some could only manage 3 shots on target against the "worst defence in England" according to some over 180 mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I always thought Ox was talented and had great potential but thought the fee we paid was crazy. But seeing how well he has integrated into the group and the effort he puts in I don't care about the fee. It just goes to show that players can unlock a whole other level with the right manager.

Agree about the fee being a bit mad but then again, the transfer market went mental last summer. I was still happy when he signed, always liked him and thought there was serious potential there. When he signed, he got stuck in and has shown serious desire and put in the hard yards. Now he's showing signs of becoming the player we had hoped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Rodgers really messed up Gerrard in final few years at the club.

He did play well in patch in 13/14 with his playmaking but he really should have been used as an AM rather than playing so deep where players just breezed past him.

He didn't have the personality to stand up to Gerrard. Benitez took so much flack for playing him RM or as a Second Striker but it was always his best position, just not his favourite position. Particularly as his legs gave way, he should have been used higher up the pitch.

He had a very good 2012 tournament with England as the advanced midfielder of the three.

after watching Klopp's post game interview I honestly feel more intelligent and think I could successfully manage a championship side. This might be the wine talking.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He didn't have the personality to stand up to Gerrard. Benitez took so much flack for playing him RM or as a Second Striker but it was always his best position, just not his favourite position. Particularly as his legs gave way, he should have been used higher up the pitch.

He had a very good 2012 tournament with England as the advanced midfielder of the three.

My impression was Rodgers got too close to Gerrard.

In media appearances together they seemed like best mates rather than Rodgers being his manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Vicxas wrote: »
    Rodgers also alienated a lot of players, such as Agger.

Agger punched Rogers or was it the other way around i can't remember, and that is why Agger left and bought himself out of his contract.
    I heard this from a very close friend of Agger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

finno wrote: »
    Agger punched Rogers or was it the other way around i can't remember, and that is why Agger left and bought himself out of his contract.
    I heard this from a very close friend of Agger

Agger was broken down when he left, physically he was done at that level, it's why he went home. Retired at 31yrs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Emre Can is some ****ebag wanting to leave this team. That is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

Agger was broken down when he left, physically he was done at that level, it's why he went home. Retired at 31yrs.

Maybe, but that definitely happened and was part of the reason he left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Agger has stated that he left the club because of Rodgers but I never heard the punch story before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Stevie's reaction to Salah's goal last night :D

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/984016683089252352?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

finno wrote: »
    Maybe, but that definitely happened and was part of the reason he left
    I don't know if it definitely happened or not; I'm not just going to take Aggers word.
    It may have happened. But Agger was done physically at that level. Whether he used it as the reason, or part of the reason, to leave; we may never know for sure.

Agger has stated that he left the club because of Rodgers but I never heard the punch story before.

Same, I heard Rodgers just froze him out and Agger left Melwood in tears.

SSN next Salah 17/18 v Ronaldo 08/09
    I love the sand messi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

SSN next Salah 17/18 v Ronaldo 08/09
    I love the sand messi

It is messy. It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere.

ricero wrote: »
    Emre Can is some ****ebag wanting to leave this team. That is all.
    I always find it mad when people hold grudges against people who want to leave a club like Can
    I understand the upset at Couthino as the way he went about it going on strike , but with Can why a problem
    He is a German lad he has no alliance to Liveprool , they pay him to play, he does this and hasn't ever caused any trouble, Maybe he doesn't like England , maybe he wants to live in Italy ,Maybe he wants to go to live in Germany, who cares the lad signed a contract and has tried his best in every game, Wish him luck and thank him for his services to the club,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Going back to Man City's goal last night, case you mind back to the 1st derby game, there was more of a push last night from Sterling than there was from Lovern that was deemed a penalty, so the goal that was ruled out just evens out the incorrectly awarded 1st goal

man I'm getting all my information from Sky Sports News, if this is what it's like to be unemployed I like it.
    Ronaldo 40
    Egyptian God 39
    Real Messi 39

Ronaldo will be appealing that he scored goals his teammates (not sure if a real word) scored soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I always find it mad when people hold grudges against people who want to leave a club like Can
    I understand the upset at Couthino as the way he went about it going on strike , but with Can why a problem
    He is a German lad he has no alliance to Liveprool , they pay him to play, he does this and hasn't ever caused any trouble, Maybe he doesn't like England , maybe he wants to live in Italy ,Maybe he wants to go to live in Germany, who cares the lad signed a contract and has tried his best in every game, Wish him luck and thank him for his services to the club,

ah he has not downed tools whatsoever and has been solid this season.

Just find it mad that he would want to leave this team at the moment with such a positive buzz and the future looking so bright. Am i biased ? yes of course.

Although I would find it hard to argue if he ends up at a club like Man City or Bayern Munich.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement