Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

nervous about the game ever since the end of the league. really want us to win, think we need the win to show the progress we are making under Jurgen.

fearful of Madrid using all their wiles and underhand tactics to win, using their experience, their nous for want of a better word, fearful, that they could shut up shop to an extent and pick us off winning 3-0

then i watched the Mo docu again this morning, and think nothing can stop us, that we will win 3-1.

Nervous as fkuc, but praying for a win, don't care how :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Surprisingly calm at the moment.

Just pray and hope we show up tonight and give it our best shot. Proud of this team and would love them to win the big one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Just hope klopp has a plan to deal with ronaldo and bale like he did with sane in mancity when trent had extra cover

Id play Milner on the right of the mid three. He could help Trent. Henderson can help on the other side. But to be honest I am less worried about Bale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

We got to the final by attacking teams. More heavy metal football tonight. Starting to get nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mr.H wrote: »
    I think it would be harsh to bench Trent for Clyne. The kid deserves to start as he has helped get us here.

Now that Can and Lalana are back I don't think we need to use TAA in midfield so I'd expect him to start at RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hope someone is showing this to the lads today - getting excited now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

I think if we are at out clinical best , fast , pressure , first to second balls we’ll win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any hurling on today?

BrookieD wrote: »
    Hope someone is showing this to the lads today - getting excited now :D

Was it Phil Brown who showed his team that at half time once? Im sure motivation is not an issue today. Calmness probably will be. Hopefully Klopp can get the lads to keep their heads and realise they have every chance of winning this.

Id rather show this to the team than the Al Pachino clip. We are getting close ladies and gents

https://twitter.com/bbc5live/status/1000034383548559360

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I just love that it needs subtitles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Any hurling on today?

Who cares?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

just attack attack attack... come on YNWA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Less than 3 hours left now until kick-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

ricero wrote: »
    Surprisingly calm at the moment.

Just pray and hope we show up tonight and give it our best shot. Proud of this team and would love them to win the big one.

This is basically how I feel. A lot calmer than I was during the week. I think the referendum and the exit polls and count today has given me something else to focus on (and, to be honest, reminded me that there are much more important things than a football match!).

If the team go out there tonight and play as they've played throughout the knockout stages and just go for it, just give their all, that's all I can ask for. If they do that and win too, even better!

Of course, I don't know if I'll be this calm and composed and at peace wth it all if we lose... 😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I'm at a kids birthday party and I've found myself picking on a couple of 6 year old kids in Real Madrid tops...this is what I've become.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

I'm at a kids birthday party and I've found myself picking on a couple of 6 year old kids in Real Madrid tops...this is what I've become.

Verbally abusing prick kids is character building for them so you're doing a service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

In a sort of an ode to Boring James Milner, I’ve just hoovered the front room, and I’m delighted with myself.

Now I’m all set for the match!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I saw quite a few Real kits (with Ronaldo on the back) on kids today in a playground,

I’m hazarding a guess that their dads are Man U fans..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Just home now after the kids communion.
    The mrs going to neighbour for the evening.
    I’m nervous as fcuk but anticipating that this wonderful team will do the business and bring home number 6.

Let’s just win this

YNWA

In a sort of an ode to Boring James Milner, I’ve just hoovered the front room, and I’m delighted with myself.

Now I’m all set for the match!!
    Anything to kill time...I've wiped dust off every leaf of a small tree we have in the dining room.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Apologies if this should not go in this thread but I was looking at a bet and part was over 1.5 first half goal. Is this an average over the 2 halves or 2 goals in the first half I am guessing it's the f
    First option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

2 + goals in first half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

I won 96 quid on the euro millions last night. That's got to be a sign Shirley.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

2 + goals in first half.

ALL I need to worry about is the 3rd part a red card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

1dgfs2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Doogs27

ALL I need to worry about is the 3rd part a red card

Hopefully Ramos obliges you!

Anything to kill time...I've wiped dust off every leaf of a small tree we have in the dining room.

Not so much to kill time, more so to build up some credit with herself so when 7pm rolls around, I shall do nout!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Biggest worry tonight is Madrid's "gamesmanship." Can see them targeting Trent heavily, trying to get him booked early.

Subacio wrote: »
    I won 96 quid on the euro millions last night. That's got to be a sign Shirley.

Who’s Shirley?

Is that Agent Coulsons Real name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Live build up coverage starting on BT 2 now.

Not so much to kill time, more so to build up some credit with herself so when 7pm rolls around, I shall do nout!
    Clever man, make sure to ask her what else needs doing ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Oh balls to it I'm going to watch it.

Allez Allez Allez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Line ups in

No Bale for Madrid XI, Isco starts on the left

We are as expected

Line ups in

No Bale for Madrid
    At all or on the bench?

At all or on the bench?

Sorry, he's on the bench

At all or on the bench?

Sorry, he's on the bench
    Np. He'll come on at some stage then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Been kinda preoccupied all week so haven't really had time to get excited about it but it hit home today. Gonna be a bag of nerves watching it.

Better have a can.

• Advertisement

Getting texts from German friends saying good luck and enjoy the game. Can't imagine that we would do the same back home lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Any Real lineups yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Nerves are fully kicking in now.

DeI8u1BX4AAe7FR.jpg

DeI7fR7WAAA-wUi.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I know it worked out OK in the end in 05, but I don't want to concede an early goal anyhow.

5starpool wrote: »
    I know it worked out OK in the end in 05, but I don't want to concede an early goal anyhow.
    Was thinking the exact same thing. They might come running at us and we'll have to soak it up. 
    Delighted for TAA to be starting. Come on and do us proud son.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

The anticipation and nerves are killing me come on redmen!

I need the toilet again..

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

not sure i can deal with the RTE lads tonight...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Absolutely can not afford to go behind in this game, Madrid are too good when in the lead. Need to get them out of their comfort zone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement