Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah well the success of this season was just reaching the final. Never expected a win so am fairly phlegmatic about the actual result if not how it came about. When one player fvcks up so comprehensively twice it's rather hard to take.

Re Salah, the pity for him is that if they operate he'll miss the World Cup, if he risks leaving it until after he might do greater harm and it could pop again at any time anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Posted this earlier in the match thread:
    ****ting myself. Going to be a lot of goals and I am terrified Lovern or someone else will go full Lollerpool.

Just posted this:

Well it happened anyway. Full Lollerpool!!!

Feel very sorry for Karius on one hand as he must be devastated. But the sorry ****er should never wear a Liverpool shirt again.

This time last year, I asked the question about when Klopp should be held accountable fo the defensive issues. Thankfully, the VVD signing vindicated him and I am hopeful he can identify a keeper that will have the same effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,673 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

proud of the lads. mutli billion dollar madrid squad. fans were epic.i am a long time lfc fan. remember after 2007 the ****storm? we got to the final against the odds and goalie squad were not strong enough. we will be back ynwa.in a far better place than 2007.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Well on the bright side we are back. We got beaten by a great side who have just done the 3 in a row. A big big summer ahead now. Get it right and we can definitely challenge for the title next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

They were probably doing him a favour, get close enough and you might just swing for him.

Kinda how I feel right now. Everyones dreams died with Karius fcuk ups. Whole team busted their balls to get to the final with some scintillating football along the way and then Karius comes along and does that, not once but twice. The team are rightly fuming at him, as am I.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Gutted, proud but gutted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Good performance.

Obviously need a new GK.

Feel sorry for Karius he just is not good enough. Mentally he is dodgy u get that feeling from him .

Hopefully we can build from this season and Salah injury is not too serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,679 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Bull**** in the moment you don’t point a finger point five of them and give him a hand up he’s one of our lads for now you need to stick together
    Time will come when he needs turfed out

That time came last summer. Even mig would've done a better job tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Gutted after such an exciting season,
    Only consolation is that the deficiencies in the squad are plainly obvious and highlighted tonight.

Goalkeeper and the drop off in quality for the front three.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

razorblunt wrote: »
    I feel completely deflated but I really feel for Karius too.
    He'd had such a resurgence, but maybe mentally he's not at that level.
    You can't throw him under the bus though, they need to rally around him.

Gerrard saying that "he lost them the game" is wide of the mark too, you'd expect better from him.
    Lampard too saying "mistakes like that are not for this level" while true is hypocritical when his best bud fell on his arse taking a penalty in Moscow.

Short memory the lad has......seem to remember a certain slip that cost the club a title!!!

Peoples personalities show through at times like this. His (ex) team mates/friends should be telling him life goes on and not slating him. The lad I am sure knows he fecked it all up.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

All those fans paid a small fortune to get the final only for Karius to do that. What a prick. Don't want to hear any more defense of this joker on here - not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Defence was tremendous today. Lovren, VVD, Robertson, and Trent had a few wobbly moments but on the whole handled it so well.

Pity the way it turned out.

So ****ed off about Salah. We'll done Sadio. He was brilliant in the face of huge adversity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Finishing top 4, reaching Champions League Final, golden boot winner, signing Van Dijk....

It's been a great season.

You learn more from your failures than your successes.

Looking forward to next season already.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Gbear wrote: »
    Almost the whole team were brilliant. I feel really sorry for Karius but that's not good enough.

I feel robbed of the occasion for the circumstances.

The only relief is the quality of the overhead kick by Bale. Its a goal worthy of winning a final.

Ya Bale's goal could not be saved by anyone so there is that but the first never mind the third should not have happened

Have never seen it before. That is twice now a goalkeeper has done something (the free for holding on to the ball too long)

• Advertisement

Just like to say what a bloody brilliant signing Andy Robertson has been.

We all dream of a team of Robertsons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Well it hurts for us but poor Karius. He's a human being with a family and wanted to win it as much as any of us.

Heart goes out to him. He must feel so sad. Poor basstid. I feel anger towards Ramos but what he did will get overshadowed now by what Karius did.

OK hes screwed up but he's going to be hurting more than anyone now.

Nasty thing to happen in such a big game to any person.

This is the right response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,505 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Ardent wrote: »
    All those fans paid a small fortune to get the final only for Karius to do that. What a prick. Don't want to hear any more defense of this joker on here - not good enough.

This is the stupidst thing I've read on a team thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'd kust ****ing love to do Ramos over the ****ing ****!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Ardent wrote: »

You think he done it on purpose?

Wtf is wrong with you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I've been consistent in my opinion for the last 18 months that the first position klopp needs to strengthen is goalkeeper. I was very dissapointed he didn't last summer and despite talk that it wasnt a major issue for this summer as Karius had done okay on his return to the team he is never good enough to be a starting keeper for a team with aspirations. It was inevitable something like what happened tonight was going to happen he just isn't good enough. Break the bank for a top class keeper as it would make a huge difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Celebrating with a gopro after ruining a fellow footballer. Prick!!!

Can Liverpool make a complaint against the tackle? The ref didn't take any action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Very very disappointed after that.

The team started excellently and were the better team. After Salah went off we looked shell shocked and Real got the upper hand. We weathered the storm well.

Second half started ok but Karius made a mistake, I won't hold that one against him because it actually got the team playing again and we responded brilliantly. He also made three very good saves from Ronaldo, Benzema and Isco.

Again we were the better team and were not giving up to many chances. Great header from Lovern and good reactions from Mane to grab the equaliser.

Wonder goal from Bale and a goal worth winning a final. Again the heads didn't drop and we did very well.

The second mistake from Karius is unforgivable, he's seriously let his team down, and i highly doubt he'll start again next season.

The other 10 players (plus Lalana) were excellent. They can be proud of the way they played tonight. The back four were brilliant and it's probably the best I've seen Lovern, VVD, Robertson and TAA play. Midfield did well as did the front three, all worked their socks off and gave 100%.

I'm left wondering "what if" Salah hadn't gone off and I hope he doesn't miss the World Cup.

Superb run in the Champions League and great to be back again. Can't wait for next season now.

Edit: just saw a distraught Karius go down to the Liverpool fans on his own and apologise. Fair play to him for that and that shows that he knows he let the fans down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Ardent wrote:

Hardly did it on purpose. Its terribly disappointing. He isn't good enough. He didn't set out to lose us the final.

Klopp is building. I'd judge him in September if Karius is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

End of an unexpectedly great season, got a sh*t load of enjoyment over the last 6 months. We got some nice breaks along the way but today we had absolutely no luck. It happens.

Going to be hard to pick up a goalie for any value now given we’ve shown the world how badly we need one. There’s no point spending cash further up the field though if they don’t seriously invest in a keeper.

Other fans will try to make lots out of the other players not going back to Karius but tbh I think every player was just devasted themselves, the last thing I would want in that situation is a load of team mates surrounding me telling me “it’s ok” when it’s clearly not.

Looking forward to next season already, if City come down a gear or two it will be very hard to challenge for the PL but it will be a laugh with Klopp anyway!

Just like to say what a bloody brilliant signing Andy Robertson has been.

We all dream of a team of Robertsons.

This.
    He has surpassed Adam la llama as my favourite player.
    I was even more excited about him than Salah when he signed (mainly because I didn't watch Salah much previously) and I wanted moreno gone from the first 11 as much as I want karius gone now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

That time came last summer. Even mig would've done a better job tonight.

But you don’t throw the lad under the bus in front of billions he’s already finished his own career you need to show support if only for show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Only silver lining for me is that karius may not be Liverpool keeper next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Celebrating with a gopro after ruining a fellow footballer. Prick!!!

Can Liverpool make a complaint against the tackle? The ref didn't take any action.

This has to be a wind up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Disappointed, obviously, but not too disheartened. We saw some wonderful football this season and it culminated in a final that we didn't expect to get to. The journey there was mental and the ending was a balls unfortunately.

Real were, rightly, favourites for the final and showed it in the 2nd half. They get the job done, even if they were gifted 2 mistakes. They also hit the crossbar and had an excellent Benzema shot saved. Champions of France, Italy and Germany dispatched, would be foolish to bet against that momentum.

Gotta feel sorry for Karius who was man enough to walk up to the fans and apologise for his mistakes. Fair fcuks to him to do that. Earned a shît ton of respect from me for doing so, while the other lads lost a little bit for not going to him and consoling him.

Shame, but thats football and thats life. We move on to next season and hopefully with a few signings we can push on.

• Advertisement

Karius did a Packie Bonner

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

razorblunt wrote: »

Gerrard saying that "he lost them the game" is wide of the mark too, you'd expect better from him.
    Lampard too saying "mistakes like that are not for this level" while true is hypocritical when his best bud fell on his arse taking a penalty in Moscow.

If fairness Gerrard would be the first to admit that he lost the PL for us that season (even though he didn’t really, a lot of other things went wrong). I can guarantee you he thinks about it very often

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Didi Hamann is a miserable f*ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Commiserations to Liverpool, they worked extremely hard but were second best for most of the night, never really looked threatening, particularly after Mo Salah went off.

The less said about the keeper the better

but Bales first goal was outstanding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fully expect Carragher to crawl out from under his rock and stick the boot into Karius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

This was prophesied 900 years ago!

Untitled.png

If fairness Gerrard would be the first to admit that he lost the PL for us that season (even though he didn’t really, a lot of other things went wrong). I can guarantee you he thinks about it very often

The linesman at City who ruled out raheems goal for offside cost us the league. We'd have drawn had it counted, so one point more, and two less for City. Would've seen us win the league by a single point.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Didn't watch after the final whistle as I was starving. But if Klarius went to the fans then fair play. He let the team down badly and it was obviously too soon for him, but facing those fans earns respect in my eyes. I am sure he got (and will get) a load of abuse too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

German TV just showed Ramos elbowing Karius on the head 2-3 minutes before the first mistake. Oliver Kahn asking why the ref didnt blow for it as he seen it and if Karius was maybe effected by it.

• Advertisement

Can't wait for some news about Fekir in 22 minutes.

Jordan is a classy lad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Whatever about the players not going to Karius, Henderson as captain should have been straight there.
    Gerrard calling him out too is out of line. I don't expect Liverpool to publicly throw players under the bus.

This was prophesied 900 years ago!

Who the **** did that - brilliant.

Lads stay humble and classy your going to hear a lot of noise
    We’re in great shape going forward

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Ramos is one of the worst human beings who has ever lived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Didi Hamann is a miserable f*ck

I think he's taking a lot of sense actually. His point about our corners was spot on. Why we persisted in swinging them in on top of the keeper was baffling, especially as we scored when he hit an outswinger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Lads stay humble and classy your going to hear a lot of noise
    We’re in great shape going forward
    Agreed. Head held high for we were there and it was a very good season, way above expectations. Onwards and upwards for the next season.

The options from the bench were just awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

mosstin wrote: »
    I think he's taking a lot of sense actually. His point about our corners was spot on. Why we persisted in swinging them in on top of the keeper was baffling, especially as we scored when he hit an outswinger.

Yep.... in-swingers are beloved by keepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Real bad night. The Salah injury, ref not even calling it a foul, Firmino was so poor, Milner actually got tired, Can coming on days before he's gone out the door summed up the current squad & Karius eclipsed anything thought possible in terms of making mistakes; no excuses anymore with players like that. Team's belief absolutely died when Salah went off like my own truth be told.
    Mane stood up big time again & the back 4 did well despite fears over Lovren he did fine.
    Absolutely sickened at the result as most of what could go wrong kinda did.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement