Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lads stay humble and classy your going to hear a lot of noise
    We’re in great shape going forward

Great shape? Bare 11 players. No plan B. No goal keeper and serial loser of a manger who’s lost 6 finals in a row and no trophy since 2012! Decent shape with style and good first team yes! Great shape? Far from it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,329 ✭✭✭Ardent

Sucks to be Karius right, almost feel sorry for him. No way he'll recover from this at LFC, he's a goner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season is over now when does the feedback thread open?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Didi Hamann is a miserable f*ck

He absolutely is.

It is important to continually assess and set aside personal feelings about the individual at question though. Klopp is incredibly likeable and it is impossible not to really root for him.

But, as good as this season was, we secured 4th on the final day of the season and we lost a CL final due to the individual mistakes of the keeper he backed as his man. On the flip side, we played tremendous football all season and have a devastatingly effective attacking trio. By far the best attacking team we have ever had. However, the issues with game management appeared a few times in the final games of the season - both the CL and PL. This is after we were pretty solid for a few months following the signing of VVD.

Speaking of VVD, I am relieved that he has been as successful as he has been. I can't imagine what my state of mind would have been if he didn't work out. Let's hope that we can find a keeper this summer that address 1 of the final 2 issues in the defence - Lovren being the other.

In summary, and maybe this is down to age, but I am less inclined to get caught up in the good feeling that is resulting from the tremendous attacking football that we play. I do believe in Klopp and there has been - albeit just about - enough progress in 24 plus months for me to fully support him. He doesn't automatically get a pass though as we have still fallen short when it really counts. I am conscious of appearing harsh but winning competitions is what it is really about.

The options from the bench were just awful.

They were non-existent. FSG need to help Klopp address this in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Great shape? Bare 11 players. No plan B. No goal keeper and serial loser of a manger who’s lost 6 finals in a row and no trophy since 2012! Decent shape with style and good first team yes! Great shape? Far from it!!

Take a break from the Internet. Go again after a few days. Perspective lacking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

MrMac84 wrote: »

Am I allowed to reply to this or will you card me like you usually do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Typical of you, a mod of all things, to come in here straight after a Liverpool defeat and try and tell us how bad things are. I would say you should know better than that to try this crap, but lo and behold... here you are.

Don't worry, I'll expected the yellow card confetti soon enough when you throw your toys out the pram at being call on it again.

Shîtpost from a shîtposter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

If fairness Gerrard would be the first to admit that he lost the PL for us that season (even though he didn’t really, a lot of other things went wrong). I can guarantee you he thinks about it very often

He's wrong though. The first goal was cancelled out, it's not like the second mistake put them ahead. Liverpool were not doing much to equalise, the game was pretty much up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp puts him as back up, moves Mignolet on. The only issue now being that the power is with the selling club.

Not much was made in punditry too about the good saves he made during the game though.

I still feel rotten for him, watching him going over to the fans, on his own, was heart breaking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Since you’re here, any explanation for this?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107107378&postcount=954

You card people in here for calling Ramos names but you can get away with name calling of our players because you’re a mod, yeah? You ignored me when I called it out in the match thread, man up and give yourself a yellow or rescind the soft ones you gave out tonight.

• Advertisement

Ardent wrote:
    Sucks to be Karius right, almost feel sorry for him. No way he'll recover from this at LFC, he's a goner.

He needs to leave for his own career. However he improves... He will never get over this playing for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I haven’t posted on here tonight, but was reading the threads. I’d be very interested in knowing this too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Kenny dalglish doc on BBC One in 15 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Don’t think boards does feedback anymore.

Ardent wrote: »
    They were non-existent. FSG need to help Klopp address this in the summer.

Milner is coming to the end of his career and Can is also on his way out. In reality, we need min 2 players in addition to Keita.

martyos121 wrote: »

You card people in here for calling Ramos names but you can get away with name calling of our players because you’re a mod, yeah? You ignored me when I called it out in the match thread, man up and give yourself a yellow or rescind the soft ones you gave out tonight.

They’re usually deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

To be fair and this is no dig at anyone but when there is no pressure on the manager to actually win anything there will be no questions asked.

Just about 3 season's in now spent alot of money too and most expensive defender in the world align with the best player on the planet this year and they end up in 4th spot 25 points behind the leaders and they still think they are in great shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Please lad have a wee break I’m a pessimistic and have been critical of klopp at time but by god love the way we play love the addition of naby plus talk of great players coming in too
    Nows not the time for pessimism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

He needs to leave for his own career. However he improves... He will never get over this playing for us.

Should have done better for the second goal too IMHO, never moved his feet, barely waved at it. I might be harsh but still, think he should have been closer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Isn't there something about opposition fans bursting into threads to upset the natives in the charter?

Take a break from the Internet. Go again after a few days. Perspective lacking.

How about you take a step back and critically analyse what he has said instead of just spitting the dummy out because you don't like it.

Things are improving but there are still many many things to improve. Unfortunately, a lot of what he said is far too close to the truth for my liking.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Don’t think boards does feedback anymore.

Well I suppose it does but it makes it impossible to complain about things you'd actually like to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Please lad have a wee break I’m a pessimistic and have been critical of klopp at time but by god love the way we play love the addition of naby plus talk of great players coming in too
    Nows not the time for pessimism

He's a Man Utd fan :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

We gave it a decent try and i'm proud of the lads, losing our best player after 20 minutes due to a scumbag challenge hurts, but that's ramos for you, thankfully we have a bunch of players that are above that.
    Bale's first was a goal worthy of winning any game, and i think Real's experience showed tonight. Modric was superb in the middle for them, such a calm head.

As much stick as Karius will get for this he has been good for us for 98% of this season, it's a shame that he is prone to an odd howler and even more so 2 in the most important game we've played for a long time, feel sorry for the lad tonight.

We will be stronger next season, we already have a player coming in that will transform our midfield and i feel we will add wisely over the summer as Klopp has done every season he has been a manager.

I've enjoyed this season immensely, some of the football we've played has been truly out of this world, no shame in losing tonight.

Well I suppose it does but it makes it impossible to complain about things you'd actually like to complain about.

Let’s start a breakaway website. Anyone know large scale web design, shoddy marketing and how to drive as many posters as possible away from our potential new forum? You know, the boards way.

• Advertisement

Am I allowed to reply to this or will you card me like you usually do?

Is the post in bold? You can’t reply when it’s bold only

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Lads stay humble and classy your going to hear a lot of noise
    We’re in great shape going forward

Serial loser? Is this gonna be a thing now? That's a pathetic attempt at goading. As a moderator you should know better but hey, you've shown form before. Really a push-poor post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

What are the media like in Germany?
    We all know in England they'll be waiting too jump on him at any opportunity.
    A move home for a rebuild would be a very good option at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Benzino wrote: »
    He's a Man Utd fan :P

Oh right 😊 then he is a Cnut so😂

How about you take a step back and critically analyse what he has said instead of just spitting the dummy out because you don't like it.

Things are improving but there are still many many things to improve. Unfortunately, a lot of what he said is far too close to the truth for my liking.

Analyse what MrMac84 said? Na you are alright. Over the top pessimism comes with the bitter disappointment.

I loved watching Liverpool play this season. Very excited about naby and hopefully Fekir and a few more.

We overachieved getting to the final. It distracted us from the league along with a weak squad and getting injuries. Would have been comfortably fourth imo without.

Improve the squad and the future is bright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Throw him under the bus and run over him. Disgrace. He shouldn't play for Liverpool under 7s after that. No one to point the blame at but karius. It's a ****ing champions league final a minimum standard is expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Devastated for salah tho world cup place in doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

razorblunt wrote: »
    What are the media like in Germany?
    We all know in England they'll be waiting too jump on him at any opportunity.
    A move home for a rebuild would be a very good option at this point.

Watching German tv at the moment. Klopp just said he feels sorry for him and hopes he comes back stronger for it. Added to that the expert panel are asking why the ref didnt blow up and card Ramos in the run up to it after he elbowed him in the side of the head going for a diving header he would never get.

Added to that Klopp has just said they suspect Salah has either dislocated his shoulder or broken his collarbone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Is the post in bold? You can’t reply when it’s bold only

Oooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Ah lads this may sound cheesy but I really wanted us to be celebrating in this thread tonight. After years of shyte posts, anger, abuse, bickering and deflation I just wanted us to be fcuking beaming by winning the CL.

Is This post in bold? Or is there another reason it hasn’t been responded to?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Don't even feel as bad as I thought I would. Star player noodled and off injured after 20 minutes. Keeper throws in 2 goals and a worldie bicycle kick from the edge of the penalty area. We even hit the post. What could go wrong, went wrong.

Karius is done needless to say. Not just at Liverpool but it may take him a while to get back to the top level. If he ever does.

Been a great wildly entertaining season and we'll be even better next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Heartbroken.

Salah going off was a disaster. The first Karius error was unforgivable, the second should see his Liverpool career come to an end. Two errors like that in a CL Final.

Good games from Robertson, Mane, Wijnaldum, Lovren.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Karius is toilet, end of. No amount of tears can forgive him for tonight. If any of us were in goal we'd do better. He'll never play for the club again and goid riddance.

Someone just PM me the name of a reliable, impartial CMod (if there even is one) and I’ll try to get something done about this shîte. Had enough of that mod now, complete abuse of power.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

rob316 wrote: »
    Throw him under the bus and run over him. Disgrace. He shouldn't play for Liverpool under 7s after that. No one to point the blame at but karius. It's a ****ing champions league final a minimum standard is expected

A minimum standard should be expected from fans too, he didn't do it intentionally FFS.
    It's done. He knows. Everyone knows. Stupid comments like this don't help anyone. He'll be hurting. No doubt.

Ramos is a dirty pr!ck. But yeah lets forget about what he did and talk about running over our own player.

Classy

I’m used to accusations been thrown at me. It was a genuine question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I fucking knew Michael Jackson was still alive.

2 mins before his first mistake Ramos cleans Karius out of it with the ball nowhere near them. Did this effect him? Maybe.

https://twitter.com/ZDFsport/status/1000485436991655937

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Oh so calling the manager a "serial loser" is coming in peace? Genuine question my hole. You and that sad post thanking fcuk Mick are two of the worst cûnts in this forum.

Surprised you haven't made it rain yet, though I suppose its still just getting cloudy now isn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Someone just PM me the name of a reliable, impartial CMod (if there even is one) and I’ll try to get something done about this shîte. Had enough of that mod now, complete abuse of power.

I could think of the perfect guy for ya but there's something a bit fishy about him.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Isn't there something about opposition fans bursting into threads to upset the natives in the charter?

Oh dear. You and your fellow fans were giving it plenty last week in the FA Cup Final thread when United lost!

Sad seeing the hypocritical, self-righteous attitude from snowflakes who were well able to dish out the banter when it suited them, but can't take any themselves.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107040039&postcount=309

Follow the advice of the Liverpool fan - whose post you and others thanked above a week ago - and "suck it up".

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just about 3 season's in now spent alot of money too and most expensive defender in the world align with the best player on the planet this year and they end up in 4th spot 25 points behind the leaders and they still think they are in great shape.

Klopp is doing a great job. Some of the best football in Europe and getting us to finals for a shot at trophies. He can't legislate for numpties like Moreno and Karius having brainfarts in the biggest games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

A minimum standard should be expected from fans too, he didn't do it intentionally FFS.
    It's done. He knows. Everyone knows. Stupid comments like this don't help anyone. He'll be hurting. No doubt.

Ramos is a dirty pr!ck. But yeah lets forget about what he did and talk about running over our own player.

Classy

A league of Ireland keeper wouldn't of made the same mistakes. Inexcusable. It's done? He's done. **** him back to the bundesliga. He was on the tight rope like mignolet, the stupid **** has fallen right off it. Time to spend big on a goalkeeper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

2 mins before his first mistake Ramos cleans Karius out of it with the ball nowhere near them. Did this effect him? Maybe.

https://twitter.com/ZDFsport/status/1000485436991655937

No excuses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement