Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ricero wrote: »
    I always find it mad when people hold grudges against people who want to leave a club like Can
    I understand the upset at Couthino as the way he went about it going on strike , but with Can why a problem
    He is a German lad he has no alliance to Liveprool , they pay him to play, he does this and hasn't ever caused any trouble, Maybe he doesn't like England , maybe he wants to live in Italy ,Maybe he wants to go to live in Germany, who cares the lad signed a contract and has tried his best in every game, Wish him luck and thank him for his services to the club,

ah he has not downed tools whatsoever and has been solid this season.

Just find it mad that he would want to leave this team at the moment with such a positive buzz and the future looking so bright. Am i biased ? yes of course.

Although I would find it hard to argue if he ends up at a club like Man City or Bayern Munich.
    The main bit is of course you biased your a Liverpool fan ,He grew up in Germany possible dreams of playing for Bayern I don't know, Or maybe the move to Turin suits him as he is big into his fashion and going out with a model , Maybe he just hasn't settled into the English lifestyle or Liverpool the city,
    Culture , more trophies, better life style, more money, it could be one of any number of reason,  He's always tired his best and always puts in a shift and fought hard for the club , so I for one hope he does well where ever he ends up ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

this is going to be stupid but the results against City make me realise how much I love Liverpool. It's not about winning trophies (the stupid bit) but Christ I'm euphoric at the moment. So fcuking happy. Why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gimli2112 wrote: »
    this is going to be stupid but the results against City make me realise how much I love Liverpool. It's not about winning trophies (the stupid bit) but Christ I'm euphoric at the moment. So fcuking happy. Why.

Because what’s rare is wonderful. Because we’ve had to endure a lot as Liverpool fans the last 9 years (punctuated by a couple of high points). Because the clean dominant nature of this win is glorious, and because it’s been so rare that we’ve truly been in bonus territory as Liverpool fans and can just enjoy the next two games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

I think there is an underlying foundation there as well - it's not just a win against a big team, there is a lot more to come.

We know that Liverpool need to improve but Klopp and his team have a good handle on how to do that and that there is support from the owners.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Looking at the way the whole stadium celebrated roma's win last night got me all misty-eyed and reminded me, as cliche as it is, why i love the game so much!! Grown men hugging each other, falling over, looking to the skies, dumbfounded, children in tears, players, staff, everyone out on the pitch celebrating at the final whistle. The sheer unbridled joy of it all. Where else would you get it? IMO It really is the only game where you get that kind of group " we're all in this together, we're witnessing something special, we're all sharing in a collective event here" reaction!!!

And I guess our win (and reaction) wasnt too bad either. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

after watching Klopp's post game interview I honestly feel more intelligent and think I could successfully manage a championship side. This might be the wine talking.

My wife has no real interest in football and was just waiting for the ok last night to switch to something else, I told her to wait until after the Klopp interview and she could put on whatever she liked

Anyway Klopp came on and she was fidgeting with her phone but the more Klopp spoke the more attention she paid

After the Gary Lineker comment about not expecting the whole half time speech to be repeated she commented on how impressive it was to hear someone explain the whole thought process in such detail and make so much sense

She rightly doesn't generally expect these interviews to reveal anything of substance but that interview with Klopp last night on BT was amazing and shows that while some people take his touchline antics to be the sum of his managerial abilities he really does have a good footballing brain and obviously the ability to get his ideas across to the players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Those Liverpool fans and their sky blue flairs!

Those Liverpool fans and their sky blue flairs!

Between the blue flare, Shergar, the sinking of Atlantis and the Lindbergh baby, we really are just the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

My wife has no real interest in football and was just waiting for the ok last night to switch to something else, I told her to wait until after the Klopp interview and she could put on whatever she liked

Anyway Klopp came on and she was fidgeting with her phone but the more Klopp spoke the more attention she paid

After the Gary Lineker comment about not expecting the whole half time speech to be repeated she commented on how impressive it was to hear someone explain the whole thought process in such detail and make so much sense

She rightly doesn't generally expect these interviews to reveal anything of substance but that interview with Klopp last night on BT was amazing and shows that while some people take his touchline antics to be the sum of his managerial abilities he really does have a good footballing brain and obviously the ability to get his ideas across to the players

Do you have a link to that interview?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Disciplinary proceedings have been opened following the UEFA Champions League quarter-final second leg match between Manchester City FC and Liverpool FC (1-2) played on 10 April in England.

Charges against Manchester City FC:

- Josep Guardiola - Dismissal from the bench - Article 15 of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
    - Improper conduct of the coach - Art. 69 (1) (DR)

Charges against Liverpool FC:

- Setting off of fireworks - Article 16 (2) of the UEFA Disciplinary Regulations (DR)
    - Throwing of objects - Art. 16 (2) DR

This case will be dealt with by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 31 May.

When did Liverpool change from red back to blue :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

corwill wrote: »

We wrecked their coach again too :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Do you have a link to that interview?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lzNLzipymo

Still not sure why van Dijk got booked for Sterling trying to kick him in the face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

kopite386 wrote: »
    Stevie's reaction to Salah's goal last night :D

https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/984016683089252352?s=19

Game over, the same thing that I shouted, a bit more colourfully and a bit more jumping etc
    😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    Looking at the way the whole stadium celebrated roma's win last night got me all misty-eyed and reminded me, as cliche as it is, why i love the game so much!! Grown men hugging each other, falling over, looking to the skies, dumbfounded, children in tears, players, staff, everyone out on the pitch celebrating at the final whistle. The sheer unbridled joy of it all. Where else would you get it? IMO It really is the only game where you get that kind of group " we're all in this together, we're witnessing something special, we're all sharing in a collective event here" reaction!!!

I hugged multiple strangers during the first half of the first leg. It was a glorious night, one of the best.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

MD1990 wrote: »
    Coutinho must feel like a fool right now.

I would honestly say he doesn't care all that much. Time is still on his side to end his career with a huge medal haul, which will probably include one if not more Champions League winners medals. That's the Coutinho reality. That, plus a ridiculous bank balance and wage slip every month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

ricero wrote: »
    Emre Can is some ****ebag wanting to leave this team. That is all.
    The first step in conquering your anger addiction is admitting there is a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Going to the UFC in Liverpool on the 27th. If we get through to the final its going to be some weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

Game over, the same thing that I shouted, a bit more colourfully and a bit more jumping etc
    😂😂

Yeah same Stevie was the more conservative reaction to mine. I was ****ing jumping around the place screaming when the goal went in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

My reaction would have been more on the Thommo scale than the Stevie scale :D
    https://twitter.com/LivEchoLFC/status/983838520996515841?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭finno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So if we draw Roma, - Salah to knock old team out
    If we draw Bayern - Klopp get revenge for his Dortmund loss,
    If we draw Madrid, -  Salah wins it for liverpool and goes to take Ronlado's ballon dor  :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Funny thing is we've not faced anyone of note so far in this Champions League. Even the group stage was a borefest. It would be funny to draw Roma and win 7-2 over two legs and find ourselves in CLF without facing anyone of note.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Funny thing is we've not faced anyone of note so far in this Champions League. Even the group stage was a borefest. It would be funny to draw Roma and win 7-2 over two legs and find ourselves in CLF without facing anyone of note.

Man City were favourites to win the thing prior to the first leg

Eh we just knocked out the favourites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

If we draw Madrid, -  Salah wins it for liverpool and goes to take Ronlado's ballon dor  :)
    Sevilla could knock Bayern out, they created plenty of chances in the last game.

Talisman wrote: »
    Sevilla could knock Bayern out, they created plenty of chances in the last game.
    No hope , the surprise was Roma last night,
    Bayern are class and won't be beat at home ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

FIVE - ONE over two legs. That's pure savagery at this stage of the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

MD1990 wrote: »

I don't get it - What am I missing? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Eh we just knocked out the favourites

Lads ye really dont understand Toby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Jasus you're all very giddy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

x43r0 wrote: »

Harry Kane got awarded the goal vs Stoke. No surprise the FA are sucking off their golden boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

x43r0 wrote: »

Salah reacting to Kane being awarded the goal on saturday that he didn't touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

rob316 wrote: »
    Lads ye really dont understand Toby

I think I do, I disagree with all his views but think he's nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If that's so there could be any number of appeals made by players going back decades!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Awaits any Liverpool player that scores next to say they are actually Salah and it's his goal.

If that's so there could be any number of appeals made by players going back decades!

Well if they don't have a daughter then there's no way that they will succeed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

CSWS101 wrote: »
    Harry Kane got awarded the goal vs Stoke. No surprise the FA are sucking off their golden boy.

I'm relieved, for his daughter's sake.

Just checked my ff and no change to my points, I don't think that there will be either

I think I do, I disagree with all his views but think he's nice.

Agreeing/disagreeing with Toby is to misunderstand Toby.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Just checked my ff and no change to my points, I don't think that there will be either

https://twitter.com/OfficialFPL/status/984099470026604544

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

That couple of seconds after Salah scores and he's on his own, arms outstretched, standing still, staring into the crowd gives me fúcking goosebumps every time I see it.

Then they all join him and Ox just screams into his face :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

after watching Klopp's post game interview I honestly feel more intelligent and think I could successfully manage a championship side. This might be the wine talking.

Have you been drinking for like 24 hours? I also note you transitioned from beer to wine - bad move. Haha, you are going to have the mother of all hangovers! Looking forward to your posts later/ tomorrow.

Harry Kane, seven feet tall, well he must be if he headed that cross. How can that committee let themselves down making a decision that's so wrong? Are they answerable to anyone?

Absolute belter from Harry in getting that decision

giphy.gif

Meanwhile our striker is doing this for his teammates against Stoke

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

We're slightly better than a 1% chance of winning the CL now :D

CL-Prediction1523466447.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement