Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

My fear was always about Ramos but never in my wildest dreams did I think he'd get rid of mo without even gaining a yellow within 20 mins. He excelled beyond expectation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

NIMAN wrote:
    I remember the great finals of the past

NIMAN wrote:
    This was muck. From both teams. Don't remember Navas having to do much, and he's a dodgy keeper, you'd have thought Liverpool might have tried to trouble him.

Living up to 2005 was always going to be a stretch.

Klopp should have told the players to try and work the keeper. That's where we went wrong. So obvious now that you mention it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

mikeym wrote:
    Klopp needs to draw up a list of transfer targets for the summer, Do I really need to say who needs to be shipped out.

Be very surprised if that list wasn't drawn up a good while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

I'm working here... Who won?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

That was disappointing. Shame the 3rd goal went in, the overhead kick was enough to win it. The 3rd just heaped misery on Karius and no matter how annoyed anyone is with him, he'll carry that with him throughout his career.

As soon as Mo was injured we were pushed back and Madrid did what they do, grind out results with moments of individual brilliance. Ramos as much as I hate him, is the ultimate winner. No way was he deliberately trying to injure Salah, but he knew what he was doing. Giving the star man a bit of rough handling, try to make him hesitate the next time they went 1 on 1.

Still lots to be positive about. Successive seasons in the CL for the first time in quite a while and some exciting signings on the way. Too many seasons when we had nothing to play for after March or April so still being interested at the death is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

duffman13 wrote: »
    Possibly, I gave up posting about 3 or 4 months ago, no particular reason but the forum has become too polarised, no interaction amongst opposing fans is not a good thing for the forum. It always gets petty and tiresome.

I only speak as a neutral and I've always enjoyed the soccer forum but the last few weeks I'm growing tired of opposition fans taking over threads just to post ****e and get thanks for annoying others. Anyway was gutted to see Salah leave the field tonight, thought it killed the game for a period. It wasnt a classic final. Really disappointed in Henderson. As a Liverpool captain I expected him to grab the game by the scruff of the neck but he was so poor. Felt for Karius. Was never good enough for something this big and the first goal most likely killed his confidence. Still a great season for Liverpool and plenty to build on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

As a fan who hates seeing his own fans boo their own players or manager in any circumstance , I was very impressed with the Liverpool’s fans reaching to Karius. It actually was a touch of class.

I wouldn’t be impressed with his team mates reaction or lack of. I might of missed it but he didn’t get too much support from his teammates. Even Jamie carragher went out of his way to offer some support.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1000482351082811392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-20371521193164544377.ampproject.net%2F1527021682973%2Fframe.html

Oh dear. You and your fellow fans were giving it plenty last week in the FA Cup Final thread when United lost!

Sad seeing the hypocritical, self-righteous attitude from snowflakes who were well able to dish out the banter when it suited them, but can't take any themselves.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107040039&postcount=309

Follow the advice of the Liverpool fan - whose post you and others thanked above a week ago - and "suck it up".

Predictable. Btw you and quite a few others behaved like it WAS Utd's 'cup final' tonight. Paul Scholes turned out to be right....;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

The players immediately after the final whistle didn't go over to him but shortly after they did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

As feared the ref fell for Madrids dark arts and gamesmanship but with a keeper like that they did not need him as much tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

SM01 wrote: »
    The players immediately after the final whistle didn't go over to him but shortly after they did.

Madrid players got to him faster than our players did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

SM01 wrote: »

Fair enough. I didn’t see that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Carragher’s pr team must be in overdrive after the spitting incident if he’s offering support to Karius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is the post in bold? You can’t reply when it’s bold only
    Great shape? Bare 11 players. No plan B. No goal keeper and serial loser of a manger who’s lost 6 finals in a row and no trophy since 2012! Decent shape with style and good first team yes! Great shape? Far from it!!

Janie Mac! That's some serious **** posting there.

Some amount of sad sacks here tonight. I'm only glad ronaldo played ****e otherwise we'd have a whole other level of ****e posting to wade through. And imagine some of these posters are grown people.
    The mind absolutely boggles it does.

Anyway. **** it, nearly did it but in the end the better team won out and despite some bollix acting from one of their players I can't begrudge them the win.
    Some goal by Bale.

Thought the back 4 played excellent with some serious stuff by lovern, VVD and robertson. Trent was a bit suspect once or twice but some of the players kept putting him in no win situations. He was extremely unlucky not to have scored though thanks to a top class save.
    Milner is some bit of stuff but he was out in his feet by the end.
    Henderson I like a lot but sometimes his passing is way too conservative and you can see his teammates being visibly irate at him over his passing choices. Still he couldn't have given any more and that's all you can ask.
    Lallana wasn't fit which was a pity.
    Bobby pressed well and when Salah was on, Bobby looked like he was going to cause serious problems. Got ****e service though and had to compete with twongood centre backs for a heap of long balls.
    Mane is a great bit of stuff. Great to see him over with Salah trying to console him. Wouldn't rise to the baiting and was our best attacher and probably best player. Unlucky not to have scored two.

Karius lost his head a bit which was unfortunate because he looked really sharp prior to that. He had been playing much better recently but I think tonight showed him to be suspect. If someone better becomes available at a decent price, klopp must invest.

Gutted the team lost but it was a great run and it was a ducking delight to be back at the pinnacle of European football.
    And as good and all that Madrid were they were helped by two howlers. Better team but Liverpool proved they deserved to be in the final and if Salah had have stayed in who knows.

2 European finals since his been here and two top four finishes, one would have to be mad or an Utd fan to think that Klopp isn't good for Liverpool and that the team are on an upward swing.
    That's 2 European finals in 3 years and I know they lost both but there's not many teams that can boast that. Or even one European final in the last decade.

Some more additions to the squad along with Naby and I can see a good season coming up.

A great club to follow. Great to watch and a top ****ing club.

I never say this but next year lads :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

The abortionistas

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Great shape? Bare 11 players. No plan B. No goal keeper and serial loser of a manger who’s lost 6 finals in a row and no trophy since 2012! Decent shape with style and good first team yes! Great shape? Far from it!!

You're a soccer mod. You should have some bit of sense in this absolute mess of a forum you're not keeping an eye on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Drumpot wrote: »
    As a fan who hates seeing his own fans boo their own players or manager in any circumstance , I was very impressed with the Liverpool’s fans reaching to Karius. It actually was a touch of class.

I wouldn’t be impressed with his team mates reaction or lack of. I might of missed it but he didn’t get too much support from his teammates. Even Jamie carragher went out of his way to offer some support.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1000482351082811392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-20371521193164544377.ampproject.net%2F1527021682973%2Fframe.html
    Absolutely. Some chose to give the 'You'll Never Walk Alone' song and give support at the worst of times. For others that is just a pretend thing to be rattled out to act like they're part of the culture of a club, and they'll happily jump on a player at the absolute worst of times.

Not a Liverpool fan, but was up for Liverpool, and couldn't be more gutted for Karius. So many people have been doing the whole 'this was to be expected, he is a liability' stuff (RTE love a narrative) but how many big mistakes has he made this season? 2 crazy ones in one game, on a stage like this. Nuts. Poor guy is ruined for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Crazy to give Jurgen hassle for losing finals when his team are alway underdogs
    Said it for montj Karius worst first choice keeper iv ever seen at Liverpool the guy is horse **** , every game makes a meal of something and got away with it recently but found out tonight he is utter crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

CSF wrote: »
    Absolutely. Some chose to give the 'You'll Never Walk Alone' song and give support at the worst of times. For others that is just a pretend thing to be rattled out to act like they're part of the culture of a club, and they'll happily jump on a player at the absolute worst of times.

Not a Liverpool fan, but was up for Liverpool, and couldn't be more gutted for Karius. So many people have been doing the whole 'this was to be expected, he is a liability' stuff (RTE love a narrative) but how many big mistakes has he made this season? 2 crazy ones in one game, on a stage like this. Nuts. Poor guy is ruined for life.

makes one literally ebey game but keeps getting bailed out didnt get bailed out tonight worst keeper iv seen in 35 yeats supporting the club , iv been saying it for months on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

And you’re wrong every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

makes one literally ebey game but keeps getting bailed out didnt get bailed out tonight worst keeper iv seen in 35 yeats supporting the club , iv been saying it for months on here
    Ok, if he makes one literally every game, what big mistake did he make in the most recent one prior game against Brighton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Janie Mac! That's some serious **** posting there.

Some amount of sad sacks here tonight. I'm only glad ronaldo played ****e otherwise we'd have a whole other level of ****e posting to wade through. And imagine some of these posters are grown people.
    The mind absolutely boggles it does.

Anyway. **** it, nearly did it but in the end the better team won out and despite some bollix acting from one of their players I can't begrudge them the win.
    Some goal by Bale.

Thought the back 4 played excellent with some serious stuff by lovern, VVD and robertson. Trent was a bit suspect once or twice but some of the players kept putting him in no win situations. He was extremely unlucky not to have scored though thanks to a top class save.
    Milner is some bit of stuff but he was out in his feet by the end.
    Henderson I like a lot but sometimes his passing is way too conservative and you can see his teammates being visibly irate at him over his passing choices. Still he couldn't have given any more and that's all you can ask.
    Lallana wasn't fit which was a pity.
    Bobby pressed well and when Salah was on, Bobby looked like he was going to cause serious problems. Got ****e service though and had to compete with twongood centre backs for a heap of long balls.
    Mane is a great bit of stuff. Great to see him over with Salah trying to console him. Wouldn't rise to the baiting and was our best attacher and probably best player. Unlucky not to have scored two.

Karius lost his head a bit which was unfortunate because he looked really sharp prior to that. He had been playing much better recently but I think tonight showed him to be suspect. If someone better becomes available at a decent price, klopp must invest.

Gutted the team lost but it was a great run and it was a ducking delight to be back at the pinnacle of European football.
    And as good and all that Madrid were they were helped by two howlers. Better team but Liverpool proved they deserved to be in the final and if Salah had have stayed in who knows.

2 European finals since his been here and two to0p four finishes, one would have to be mad or an Utd fan to think that Klopp isn't good for Liverpool and that the team are on an upward swing.
    That's 2 European finals in 3 years and I know they lost both but there's not many teams that can boast that. Or even one European final in the last decade.

Some more additions to the squad along with Naby and I can see a good season coming up.

A great club to follow. Great to watch and a top ****ing club.

I never say this but next year lads :pac:

Well Atletico have been in three European Cup finals in five years. Although they won one, the one that United won last year that was written off as mickey mouse competition but was seen as huge when ye were leading Sevilla at half-time the year before.

Only could losing five cup finals in a row could be construed as a positive when the manager is a smiling, hugging oaf with no plan B.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Quote: Ronin Calm College

Serial loser? And you're a moderator? Fcuk me pink.. but you're a strange one...

Seriously I ask once again, how or why you a moderator?

You wouldn't moderate twin babies on a tit...

You'd look for the suck yourself....

I'll be taking and appealing any action against me on this statement.

How the regular posters here haven't advocated some sort of action against you is something I'm amazed about.

Does such a process exist?

Edit:

I've just recalled, you closed the Everton thread for 24 hours ( I mean WTF?) when it was quite obvious it was a total troll job to fans of Everton disguised as some sort superior knowledge of the management capabilities and achievements, of and let's be honest here, a greedy and particular odious individual.

That's me, and that's my opinion

I'd trust that I'm not too far off the mark as a vox poppuli

ABU

Anyone But U.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jbt123 wrote: »
    Quote: Ronin Calm College

Serial loser? And you're a moderator? Fcuk me pink.. but you're a strange one...

Seriously I ask once again, how or why you a moderator?

You wouldn't moderate twin babies on a tit...

You'd look for the suck yourself....

I'll be taking and appealing any action against me on this statement.

How the regular posters here haven't advocated some sort of action against you is something I'm amazed about.

Does such a process exist?
    I would imagine that this post won't go well for you...

If you need a hug I'm here for you...

The frustration is real....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Really disappointed in Henderson. As a Liverpool captain I expected him to grab the game by the scruff of the neck but he was so poor.

Careful now. Can't be saying that in this thread. You'll be lashed out of it.

Say it on 99% of footballing discussion forums and you will have unanimous agreement that he's not good enough. Even on most Liverpool fan only outlets you will get that consensus.

Not in here. The Liverpool fans on this forum have this bizarre idolization of Henderson. It's so weird. They have a team full of talented players and yet they die on their swords for the one player who is clearly not good enough at this level. He can't even do the one thing he was good at since his injury. He's just shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Tonight has been a night of many emotions
    I was angry at Karius, pissed off at Ramos angry for Mo etc.

But at the end of the day the biggest feeling is pride, we have played on the greatest stage and fell short, it happens. Many of those lads were immense and more than ever I feel like LFC is a family or a team I can (more than ever) identify with. Robbo and Lovren tackles both imense

Next year, let's get back there, let's make every game as big and as full of colour as Kiev. Klopp has given us something to be immensely proud of.
    I love this club

Well conquer all of euhhroooppee.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I would imagine that this post won't go well for you...

Are you not allowed to question a mod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,080 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Commiserations on the result, not going to lie and say I wanted Liverpool to win because I didn't, but it's still a more than decent season to get to the final of the world's biggest club competition and comfortably qualify for next years.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Coming in peace obviously.

That's a bitter pill.

The best forward line up in the world.

Best manager in the world.

One would have to feel some sympathy for Salah. He was able to do the biz against lesser teams but against the GOAT?

Do ye think it's Rogerish?

It seems that way.

One player has a monster and makes dreams come true, almost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

NIMAN wrote: »
    Good luck with that, you tend to meet decent teams in finals nowadays, not muck.

Well I just named two muck teams that reached finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

proud of the lads. mutli billion dollar madrid squad. fans were epic.i am a long time lfc fan. remember after 2007 the ****storm? we got to the final against the odds and goalie squad were not strong enough. we will be back ynwa.in a far better place than 2007.

am the same as you lad.. we are rising...

Just like to say what a bloody brilliant signing Andy Robertson has been.

We all dream of a team of Robertsons.

unreal... some player...

TAA class as well..

future bright on that end

That's a bitter pill.

One would have to feel some sympathy for Salah. He was able to do the biz against lesser teams but against the GOAT?

It seems that way.

You could have just gave your opinion earlier when it was busy instead of waiting until it's quiet and being snide about it.

Have the courage of your convictions.

Ardent wrote: »
    All those fans paid a small fortune to get the final only for Karius to do that. What a prick. Don't want to hear any more defense of this joker on here - not good enough.

K n o

b

jo

ck

y

y o

u

a

r

e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

That's a bitter pill.

It seems that way.

No

Lads stay humble and classy your going to hear a lot of noise
    We’re in great shape going forward

yup absolutely... cant wait for the football next season... goals galore... to be entertained...cant wait... we on the up...

The options from the bench were just awful.

two seasons now in a row...we are actually over achieving with the dross on the bench..

You could have just gave your opinion earlier when it was busy instead of waiting until it's quiet and being snide about it.

Have the courage of your convictions.

What convictions?

Madrid are atrocious but Zidane played Klopp like a fiddle.

Ye boys, the holier than thou attitude, just as undeserving.

Back at the top table, attitude amigo.

Attitude.

What convictions?

Ye boys, the holier than thou attitude, just as undeserving.

Back at the top table, attitude amigo.

Attitude.

See exactly what I said. No balls. A eunuch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Don't think we went negative at all, but we had no pace upfront, allowed Real to push up on us.

If FSG don't stump up.for.a.top keeper now, I don't know.

Sorry, didn't mean players went negative, it was the tactics that went negative by dropping deeper and allowing Madrid to start playing their game.

Looking at the bench pre-game, I thought that losing any of the front 3 leaves us minus an attacker pretty much and as soon as Salah wen't off, it was game over I think. We were brought to our knees in attack, Lallana and Solanke being our only replacements, really not ideal against Real Madrid.

Not only that but we got bad luck too along with the injury. Karius, I'm not even mad. I feel sorry for the guy.. but I think sell Mig and keep K as no. 2. He made some good saves but not yet capable of the biggest nights. Bales goal was unstoppable.

Eitherway, you win some, you lose some. It's experience and hopefully next year we give it such a challenge again!! We need a few more players, big time!

Time to start "supporting" celtic or Bayern (or man u nited in the 90s) if you want to win all the time... lad...

if you were not entertained by the football this team played in this competition then there's no point watching football for you lad..

there's a good saying that goes around... a supporter is behind their team win or lose... a fan just blows with the wind.. which one are you?

In summary, and maybe this is down to age, but I am less inclined to get caught up in the good feeling that is resulting from the tremendous attacking football that we play. I do believe in Klopp and there has been - albeit just about - enough progress in 24 plus months for me to fully support him. He doesn't automatically get a pass though as we have still fallen short when it really counts. I am conscious of appearing harsh but winning competitions is what it is really about.

Wow, do you watch a lot of football ?

See exactly what I said. No balls. A eunuch.

Alexander the Greats chief Eunuch.

No balls but large bottle son.

No doubt there's a moral victory to be had.

... dont make it out like it was some kind of tactical masterclass...the game was edging Liverpool's or even at least 50/50 until Salah went off...come on son.. spare me and everyone else.. you are better than that .

Different game after Salah went off. Karius can make his own way home. Disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm devastated by that tonight. More than I thought I'd be.

mada999 wrote: »
    ... dont make it out like it was some kind of tactical masterclass...the game was edging Liverpool's or even at least 50/50 until Salah went off...come on son.. spare me and everyone else.. you are better than that .

How many touches did Salah have before he went off?

Next to nothing.

That's the reality.

Hard to swallow I'm sure but it is what it is.

Zidane had it clocked from the get go.

Once again Klopp showed his naivety.

His success / wins comes from the press, against Porto, City and Roma the early onslaught worked.

HE didn't go for it tonight and ye were humbled.

One trick pony.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How many touches did Salah have before he went off?

Next to nothing.

That's the reality.

Hard to swallow I'm sure but it is what it is.

Zidane had it clocked from the get go.

Once again Klopp showed his naivety.

His success / wins comes from the press, against Porto, City and Roma the early onslaught worked.

HE didn't go for it tonight and ye were humbled.

One trick pony.

Real had done absolutely nothing before Salah went off though. Liverpool were the better team. Game very evidently flipped on it's head after that.

Liverpool dropped deeper as if they were a goal up and had to defend a lead. It was mental, but understandable I suppose. Massive loss both in talent and psychologically.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Real had done absolutely nothing before Salah went off though. Liverpool were the better team. Game very evidently flipped on it's head after that.

Liverpool dropped deeper as if they were a goal up and had to defend a lead. It was mental, but understandable I suppose. Massive loss both in talent and psychologically.

Had ýou boys done anything either, or attempted anything?

Before he went off he'd barely had a sniff, Real were never under any real pressure before or after.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement