Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

It is probably best not to respond to some of the sadacts who have taken to posting here.

We needed a fair bit of luck tonight and we got the complete opposite.

An adequate option in the front three and probably a keeper could make a big difference next season, lost to an excellent team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

Had ýou boys done anything either, or attempted anything?

Before he went off he'd barely had a sniff, Real were never under any real pressure before or after.

9 shots to reals 2 suggested otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Before he went off he'd barely had a sniff, Real were never under any real pressure before or after.

You're so obviously wrong I'm not sure how to respond to that, tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Don't blame the players, blame the manager. 3 seasons there now and he's still picking players like Karius in goals. His defence of his players is admirable but shockingly naive. It's not about money as Liverpool have plenty of it but he continually puts his faith in players who in no way deserve it.

Maybe next season will be different but I highly doubt it. Klopp has had this pattern a long time now. 3 seasons and absolutely no options on the bench either. If plan A doesn't work he continues with plan A.

Buck stops with Klopp and no one else imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Rumple Stillson

Been a while since I posted here.

Disappointed to say the least with the result but felt once Salah went off we lost a lot of our threat and Real Madrid came into the game.

The mistakes from Karius were horrendous but I don't think we would have won the game in any event, I felt Madrid were in control from the 30th minute onward. That said it highlighted the fact we need to spend a massive fee on a top quality keeper.

I think reaching the final was a massive achievement given where the team came begun under Klopps reign. I feel we are on an upward trajectory under Klopp and some astute signings in the summer should make us more competitive again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Been a while since I posted here.

Disappointed to say the least with the result but felt once Salah went off we lost a lot of our threat and Real Madrid came into the game.

The mistakes from Karius were horrendous but I don't think we would have won the game in any event, I felt Madrid were in control from the 30th minute onward. That said it highlighted the fact we need to spend a massive fee on a top quality keeper.

The game totally changed when salah went off,it did not llook like salah was contributing much but his presence on the pitch seems to give the rest of the team confidence,when he came off against roma the game totally changed also,a great season and hopefully get some silverware next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Even for 30 minutes; Liverpool slightly more likely.
    Ramos does his thing on Salah.
    Lallana comes on and offers nothing, while the team also go into protection mode after losing their best player.
    Real on top.
    Even start to 2nd half.
    Karius blunder.
    Liverpool rally, show character, get a goal.
    Bale wonder goal. Knocks us and our confidence. Madrid in control as a result.
    It's starting to even up and Karius blunders.
    We're done.

The game was decided on momentum shifts.

I suggest that any team would find it impossible to beat Real if during 90 minutes they lost their best player, had their keeper make 2 all-time blunders, and the opposition score an all-time great goal.

It was a freak game.

There was no tactical masterclass on display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I don’t know why you’re responding to some of the - frankly hilarious - posting lads! We didn’t get outplayed, we didn’t get unlucky in the end. We lost our best player and threw two goals in the net. Weird game, but we went toe to toe with them for most of it.

We have clear areas in the squad to improve upon, and hopefully we’ll do that. Was a great season and it’s a good time to be a Liverpool fan generally.

Coming in peace obviously.

That's a bitter pill.

The best forward line up in the world.

Best manager in the world.

One would have to feel some sympathy for Salah. He was able to do the biz against lesser teams but against the GOAT?

Do ye think it's Rogerish?

It seems that way.

One player has a monster and makes dreams come true, almost.
    What convictions?

Madrid are atrocious but Zidane played Klopp like a fiddle.

Ye boys, the holier than thou attitude, just as undeserving.

Back at the top table, attitude amigo.

Attitude.
    Alexander the Greats chief Eunuch.

No balls but large bottle son.

No doubt there's a moral victory to be had.
    How many touches did Salah have before he went off?

Next to nothing.

That's the reality.

Hard to swallow I'm sure but it is what it is.

Zidane had it clocked from the get go.

Once again Klopp showed his naivety.

His success / wins comes from the press, against Porto, City and Roma the early onslaught worked.

HE didn't go for it tonight and ye were humbled.

One trick pony.

Bile like this definitely indicates we're on the right track!

I always remember at times like this that the same rival fans who think Klopp is overrated and a bit shít, also thought we should've given Hodgson more time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

SlickRic wrote: »
    I always remember at times like this that the same rival fans who think Klopp is overrated and a bit shít, also thought we should've given Hodgson more time.

They would absolutely love him at their club also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Drumpot wrote: »
    As a fan who hates seeing his own fans boo their own players or manager in any circumstance , I was very impressed with the Liverpool’s fans reaching to Karius. It actually was a touch of class.

I wouldn’t be impressed with his team mates reaction or lack of. I might of missed it but he didn’t get too much support from his teammates. Even Jamie carragher went out of his way to offer some support.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1000482351082811392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fd-20371521193164544377.ampproject.net%2F1527021682973%2Fframe.html

My first natural instinct was empathy for the guy at full time. Was obviously distraught and he didn't **** up on purpose. Just typical of our problems that they would rear their ugly head when it mattered most......twice.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Bile like this definitely indicates we're on the right track!

Sure he's probably most likely pissed. Don't pay any heed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

When Salah was playing even when not directly in possession he was keeping a couple of Madrid players occupied. You could tell they were very conscious of him all the time. It meant there was more space available for our other players, there was always a man over and a pass on for our midfielders.

Once he went off, it was like Madrid gained an extra player. They were able to totally take control of the match.

We knew going into the match we didn't have any adequate cover for the front 3 and unfortunately we paid for that last night. Madrid on the other hand could bring on a 100million sub.

Great run to the final though - some brilliant performances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Last night I hated him for what he did but that's done now,he didn't mean for it to happen,knows it probably will never leave him and could ruin his career entirely before it really starts.

Feel for the guy today. And for the rest of the guys. Wasn't to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Last night I hated him for what he did but that's done now,he didn't mean for it to happen,knows it probably will never leave him and could ruin his career entirely before it really starts.

Feel for the guy today. And for the rest of the guys. Wasn't to be.

This.

Not the end of the world, even though it feels it.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

The big difference was the quality of the respective benches; Klopp has done plenty that’s right in terms of creating a brilliant and cohesive attacking unit. However, he does stand indicted on a few fronts; having Karius as first choice was criminal, the defence (bar Robertson) isn’t good enough (I include Van Dyk in that), and losing 6 finals in a row with no trophies since 2012 suggests that all is not right. I have plenty of mates who are Liverpool fans and my fear for them is that Klopp is merely the German Kevin Keegan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Any chance of a cheeky bid for Gareth Bale?! Talking game time after the match. I think he could be a useful rotation option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Had an evening to sleep it off and im not that upset anymore. We lost our best player and instantly the mood shifted on the pitch, in the stands and it the pubs.

Ramos was scummy there's no doubt about that but he knew what he was doing.

Least Ronaldo didn't score. Silver lining and all that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I'm still fuming with what Ramos did to Salah. To say he didn't mean it when you can see in the replays that he turned his body weight on to Salah is bull.

Disappointed in Henderson too as a captain last night. There was no spark from him nothing to show he was leading a team.

Ramos went down like he was shot when Mane tackled him and got Mane a yellow card.

Henderson should have been in the refs face pointing out every time Madrid did their usual ****.

Arm band should be going to VVD next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The only cat I'd paid heed to about football would be the Anfield cat, all other cats are only good for licking their holes and then talking shoite.

Klopp must really like his slogans....van Dikj and Lovren said the exact same thing after the match!!

It is what it is. The reasons we lost are the reasons we were aware of anyway as weaknesses. We don't have the depth to compete at the highest level but that will come in time.

The Keeper thing....maybe he could have fixed that issue sooner but still, there's no accounting what happened to Karius. A freak incident for him unfortunately for him and us.

As devastating as it would be for Salah, if he missed the world cup it would be a silver lining for our offseason prep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

SM01 wrote: »
    All I see is United lads desperate to convince us Klopp is doing shìte. That's an excellent sign.

I'm actually surprised at the acceptance of some of his decisions.

But it's clear you guys haven't set you're expectations that high yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

As devastating as it would be for Salah, if he missed the world cup it would be a silver lining for our offseason prep.

i think the scan showed no damage and he should be fine for the world cup

Nah I want to see mo do his thing on the grandest stage. Was gutted for him last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

The big difference was the quality of the respective benches; Klopp has done plenty that’s right in terms of creating a brilliant and cohesive attacking unit. However, he does stand indicted on a few fronts; having Karius as first choice was criminal, the defence (bar Robertson) isn’t good enough (I include Van Dyk in that), and losing 6 finals in a row with no trophies since 2012 suggests that all is not right. I have plenty of mates who are Liverpool fans and my fear for them is that Klopp is merely the German Kevin Keegan.

Robertson good enough but VVD not. Alright chap you know your football

Chesty08 wrote: »

Robertson good enough but VVD not. Alright chap you know your football

Robertson is a superb prospect who I’d love to have in our team.

I wouldn’t touch the rest with a barge pole, and I include Van Dyk in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Robertson is a superb prospect who I’d love to have in our team.

I wouldn’t touch the rest with a barge pole, and I include Van Dyk in that.

Do you know the offside rule?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Lallana was very poor. Nearly playing with 10 men needs an injury pre-season badly. It was a tough game for him to come into with no match sharpness.

In hindsight Solanke would have done more.

Trent & Robertson were excellent. Mane was superb too. Wijnaldum,Van Dijk good as well.

Firmino struggled without Salah as they have such a great link up.

Lovren was outstanding. I actually would not mind if he was still 1st choice next year. He has made great improvements since the Spurs game & is at 29 reaching his peak as a CB.

Rather the spend huge on a CB we need to pay big money for Allison.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

I feel completely cheated by Ramos. Liverpool were playing well up to the point he was taken off and were knocking on the door all the time. The passing was good in tight areas in the Real third and it looked like it was only a matter of time before we scored.

They still competed very well up to half time but Real were beginning to control it.

Then Karius happened. The boys rallied for him and got the equaliser but it felt like Real were dominating the middle.

Marcelo had a really good game for Real and was involved in all their possession. He had confidence knowing our striking threat was reduced by 1/3 even though Mane tried to exploit down that side but he always seemed too isolated as the team fell deeper.

It's hard not to think that this would have been a different game if Salah stayed on.

I feel completely cheated by Sergio Ramos.

beno619 wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised at the acceptance of some of his decisions.

But it's clear you guys haven't set you're expectations that high yet.

Make up your minds lads.

We're either idiots for thinking we could beat Madrid, or we're idiots for having low expectations.

Which is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

SlickRic wrote: »
    Make up your minds lads.

We're either idiots for thinking we could beat Madrid, or we're idiots for having low expectations.

Which is it?

Speaking for myself, you can put the tinfoil hat away.

I would question why Karius was starting a European final. Why there was no recognised centre forward on the bench or in the squad for the second half of the season.

Why did Origi get loaned out btw scored 20 odd last season and looked to be turning into a very useful player ?

I feel completely cheated by Ramos. Liverpool were playing well up to the point he was taken off and were knocking on the door all the time. The passing was good in tight areas in the Real third and it looked like it was only a matter of time before we scored.

They still competed very well up to half time but Real were beginning to control it.

Then Karius happened. The boys rallied for him and got the equaliser but it felt like Real were dominating the middle.

Marcelo had a really good game for Real and was involved in all their possession. He had confidence knowing our striking threat was reduced by 1/3 even though Mane tried to exploit down that side but he always seemed too isolated as the team fell deeper.

It's hard not to think that this would have been a different game if Salah stayed on.

Two desperate errors from the keeper lost us this game but I agree it was the midfield where we lost it on the pitch.

Henderson, Gini were non existant. Milner was trying and getting forward in the first 30 mins but when Salah went off Milner dropped back.

Lallana did nothing when her came on.

Real were scared of Salah and did what they needed to do to stop him. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

This time last week it was "Who is responsible for our unacceptable sh!tshow over the last few months? Manager, players or both? Discuss"

I think I prefer today's situation.

No net spend since manager has arrived meaning plenty of funds there, surely owners to try and get whoever he wants in this summer, bright future ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

They got into a tussle and Salah came off worse. This shows Salah actually grabbing Ramos' arm. Delusional to think Ramos deliberately took him out tbh.

I think last night proved that we need experienced heads above all else. All of a sudden a 40 year old Buffoon sounds like a solid possibility.

I was overwhelmed by the cute whooreness of Real.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    They got into a tussle and Salah came off worse. This shows Salah actually grabbing Ramos' arm. Delusional to think Ramos deliberately took him out tbh.

Lol

Ramos knew what he was doing. End of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Why did Origi get loaned out btw scored 20 odd last season and looked to be turning into a very useful player ?

Origi hasn’t scored 20 goals in his Liverpool career!

He’s not at the level required, Klopp took a chance Solanke would kick on, but he didn’t unfortunately.

It would have been great to have an experienced option on the bench, but it’s hard to get someone if they know they have no chance of starting once the front 3 are fit.

Lol

Does he have a supernatural ability to break collarbones or dislocate shoulders on demand?

FFS, sometimes paranoia knows no bounds!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you **** yourself off rewatching the Madrid goals?

You are prob the biggest dickhead on this forum, a complete and utter spacker. If there was a dickheads World Cup I'd be confident you could bring the trophy back to Ireland. And you are fúcking thick to boot, if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off.

You should be on a register

This is too subtle. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Referee was a disaster, bought all their dives and misse the Salah foul.

Karius.

Some guys below par.

The stars were never going to align.

I can assure Owayn that there's probably plenty of people on boards who are on some sort of register. :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,985 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Idiot.

Does he have a supernatural ability to break collarbones or dislocate shoulders on demand?

FFS, sometimes paranoia knows no bounds!

I'm sure he doesn't. But some people are just experts at being *****. Lads on boards can only be envious of such subtle behaviour. ;)

• kfallon wrote: »
    Did you **** yourself off rewatching the Madrid goals?

You are prob the biggest dickhead on this forum, a complete and utter spacker. If there was a dickheads World Cup I'd be confident you could bring the trophy back to Ireland. And you are fúcking thick to boot, if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off.

You should be on a register

I wouldn't mind, I didn't even post in this thread until I was called a ****

Comical meltdown number 2 :D

Speaking for myself, you can put the tinfoil hat away.

I would question why Karius was starting a European final. Why there was no recognised centre forward on the bench or in the squad for the second half of the season.

The squad is a work in progress, that's okay. Naby Keita is on the way, more signings will be made over the summer. The hit rate on signings under Klopp has been quite good, and we're clearly looking to wait for the right players.

Karius is unfortunately one of the signings that hasn't worked out.

Oirigi played 34 games for Wolfsburg this season, scoring 6 goals. He hasn't set the world alight.

Ramos knows he has Salah's arm locked and rolls over on him.

muhammed-salah-soku-1527362460206.jpg

This is the cnut smiling as Salah goes off in tears

sergio-ramos-mohamed-salah.jpg?quality=80&strip=all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Lol

The delusions know no bounds. When you're depending on Adam Lallana to help you, you know you're f*cked.

Delusional? As sagely noted earlier, he meant to hurt him. Whether he thought he would put him out of the game right there and then is another question, but I reckon he was satisfied with the outcome.

That's Ramos, plays on the edge the whole time. Sometimes he gets caught on it. Sometimes.

Why you are making a defense of Sergio Ramos's character a personal Everest is a mystery however.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement