Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

beno619 wrote: »
    SM01 wrote: »
    All I see is United lads desperate to convince us Klopp is doing shìte. That's an excellent sign.

I'm actually surprised at the acceptance of some of his decisions.

But it's clear you guys haven't set you're expectations that high yet.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things and i don't mean that in a good way. Liverpool are building, the supporters see, accept and are excited by that. In the mad rush of opposition supporters desperately trying to put Liverpool down, let's not forget how far the team have come in the elite club competition and let's remember, whatever club jealous rivals support, they didn't get even close.

Also it is possible to fully support the manager and disagree with some of his decisions. Of course you knew this and the 'it's clear' line was just condescending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Prob controversial given I am a United supporter but here goes. When it comes to European football I don't give a hoot who the team is if they are from the premiership I'll support them as its only better for the league. On that note commiserations on last nights match.

While it's prob to raw to do a cold light of day analysis I do want to say Ramos is a disgrace. Have always thought that and feel exceptionally sorry for Delay especially with world cup coming.

Keep the heads up it's been a good year for ye and one you can really build on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The delusions know no bounds. When you're depending on Adam Lallana to help you, you know you're f*cked.

Sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

As much as last night was crap the build up and play this season was amazing. Great journey and for me half the fun of the destination was the journey along the way. Yes Karius was a liability and as much as he worked hard to correct some nasty howlers last night for me was proof he is not at the level we need.

For me Madrid were always much stronger and it was going to require a massive effort with everyone fit and ready but Mo injury and keeper howlers showed we need more in reserves...

Proud of the lads, proud to be a red and wearing my jersey today as are my boys... #YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Benimar wrote: »
    Origi hasn’t scored 20 goals in his Liverpool career!

He’s not at the level required, Klopp took a chance Solanke would kick on, but he didn’t unfortunately.

It would have been great to have an experienced option on the bench, but it’s hard to get someone if they know they have no chance of starting once the front 3 are fit.

Ah for some reason I thought 16/17 was better than it had been for him it was only 11 but a decent return given the playing time he had ?

As on outsider the lack of recognised forward is something I've questioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Delusional? As sagely noted earlier, he meant to hurt him. Whether he thought he would put him out of the game right there and then is another question, but I reckon he was satisfied with the outcome.

That's Ramos, plays on the edge the whole time. Sometimes he gets caught on it. Sometimes.

Why you are making a defense of Sergio Ramos's character a personal Everest is a mystery however.

Taking it further. Video and still images clearly show Salah grabbing Ramos by the arm. Was Salah trying to take Ramos out? That's the logical conclusion of what you're saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Taking it further. Video and still images clearly show Salah grabbing Ramos by the arm. Was Salah trying to take Ramos out? That's the logical conclusion of what you're saying.

I agree if Salah played by the rules and didn’t grab Ramos arm then he wouldn’t have gotten injured.

Also it is possible to fully support the manager and disagree with some of his decisions. Of course you knew this and the 'it's clear' line was just condescending.

Of course it's possible to support the manager and be critical.

I haven't seen any criticism of Klopp that's why I'm surprised, you all just seem happy to have been in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

tinpib wrote: »
    This time last week it was "Who is responsible for our unacceptable sh!tshow over the last few months? Manager, players or both? Discuss"

I think I prefer today's situation.

No net spend since manager has arrived meaning plenty of funds there, surely owners to try and get whoever he wants in this summer, bright future ahead.

Are some Liverpool fans actually wanting Klopp out? So it’s not just united fans who are over the top with their expectations ! If anything klopp has done remarkably well all things considered. I really can’t work out how he could exceed on what he has done, especially considering finances.

I don’t watch Liverpool a lot but would ask if you think that the players have strong character. I think it’s a quality that many a modern footballer lacks and if there is an deficiency in an area (eg defense) its games like last night where character makes all the difference.

Ironically , despite being very poor, I thought Karius showed great character going up to the fans. That took guts and I wouldn’t imagine many players would do that, especially with no team mates visibly supporting him on that particulwr journey!

And that’s why I question the togetherness and character of the dressing room. I can understand being grossly disappointed and dead on your feet after that game but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a bit of energy to show compassion to a teammate.

And for the record I’m always at loggerheads with fellow united fans. I don’t think I am very popular there cause I don’t idolize everything about the club or players. I don’t think United’s squad is filled with strong characters and support the manager over the majority of chancers going through the motions or just not good enough.

I won’t pretend I wanted to see Liverpool win last night but I wasn’t desperate for them to lose either. I found it funny that fellown united fans were enjoying it so much but for Liverpool fans that’s a sign of how far my club has fallen. But in the cold light of day It would of been better for the game had Liverpool won.

• Advertisement

Just catching the images again of when Mo went off and Klopp's post match presser talking about how his WC is in jeopardy....absolutely ****ing sick for him.

Ox and Matip were the only absentees from the squad I think?

Lads bleating on about the great squad we now have all season..... now it's back to being an issue & a work in progress again.

We are lucky we have Salah... unfortunately we seem incredibly reliant on him on paper.... although Mane seemed to really step up last night when Mo had to come off.

Karius situation is now a pondersome one..... I though he should have never gotten a 2nd bite of the cherry after the woeful run he had after being announced as our #1 keeper. Itd be easy to show him the door after last night but I fear klopp will stick by his man.

The abuse being thrown at Mick & the mrmac lad is an embarrassment too lads. It seems some think it's a badge of honour to get carded after last nights events.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Drumpot wrote: »
    Are some Liverpool fans actually wanting Klopp out? So it’s not just united fans who are over the top with their expectations ! If anything klopp has done remarkably well all things considered. I really can’t work out how he could exceed on what he has done, especially considering finances.

I don’t watch Liverpool a lot but would ask if you think that the players have strong character. I think it’s a quality that many a modern footballer lacks and if there is an deficiency in an area (eg defense) its games like last night where character makes all the difference.

Ironically , despite being very poor, I thought Karius showed great character going up to the fans. That took guts and I wouldn’t imagine many players would do that, especially with no team mates visibly supporting him on that particulwr journey!

And that’s why I question the togetherness and character of the dressing room. I can understand being grossly disappointed and dead on your feet after that game but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a bit of energy to show compassion to a teammate.

And for the record I’m always at loggerheads with fellow united fans. I don’t think I am very popular there cause I don’t idolize everything about the club or players. I don’t think United’s squad is filled with strong characters and support the manager over the majority of chancers going through the motions or just not good enough.

I won’t pretend I wanted to see Liverpool win last night but I wasn’t desperate for them to lose either. I found it funny that fellown united fans were enjoying it so much but for Liverpool fans that’s a sign of how far my club has fallen. But in the cold light of day It would of been better for the game had Liverpool won.

That's some rubbish there. It would have no bearing on the game who won. Tactics and dark art defending are as much a part of the game as one dimension all out attack play

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Fully expect Carragher to crawl out from under his rock and stick the boot into Karius.

For someone who is frequently critical of people's "crystal balls" you could polish up your own
    Carragher’s pr team must be in overdrive after the spitting incident if he’s offering support to Karius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

kfallon wrote: »
    Did you **** yourself off rewatching the Madrid goals?

You are prob the biggest dickhead on this forum, a complete and utter spacker. If there was a dickheads World Cup I'd be confident you could bring the trophy back to Ireland. And you are fúcking thick to boot, if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your hat off.

You should be on a register

Tell us what you really think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind, I didn't even post in this thread until I was called a ****

Comical meltdown number 2 :D

It's not a meltdown, I'm not a sad cúnt like you whose whole life revolves around a football club.

But hey, if it makes you feel good thinking you've induced a meltdown then by all means enjoy your semi.

Brains of a retarded budgie. Pretty apt your avatar is of Phil Jones tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Augeo wrote: »

Lads bleating on about the great squad we now have all season..... now it's back to being an issue & a work in progress again.

We are lucky we have Salah... unfortunately we seem incredibly reliant on him on paper.... although Mane seemed to really step up last night when Mo had to come off.

Karius situation is now a pondersome one..... I though he should have never gotten a 2nd bite of the cherry after the woeful run he had after being announced as our #1 keeper. Itd be easy to show him the door after last night but I fear klopp will stick by his man.

The abuse being thrown at Mick & the mrmac lad is an embarrassment too lads. It seems some think it's a badge of honour to get carded after last nights events.
    Lol

Your very easily embarrassed then.

I think it is more embarrassing spending your saturday night on a forum trying to annoy Liverpool fans.

Mick seems to have a lot of free time. It is quite sad.

Think I remember a post where it hinted Mick was in his 40's also. Odd behaviour .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

beno619 wrote: »

Of course it's possible to support the manager and be critical.

I haven't seen any criticism of Klopp that's why I'm surprised, you all just seem happy to have been in the final.

Just because you haven't seen criticism/ disagreements with decisions doesn't mean it's not there. But hey, I've had a look at a few of your recent posts and i know you're on the wind up and not interested in a decent debate so go on and knock yourself out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Keep your backseat moderation to yourself, yeah?

No one gives a ****.

• kfallon wrote: »
    It's not a meltdown, I'm not a sad cúnt like you whose whole life revolves around a football club.

But hey, if it makes you feel good thinking you've induced a meltdown then by all means enjoy your semi.

You are the one who seems to be talking your club way too seriously and yes you are having a meltdown. You are embarrassing yourself.
    I've said nothing in this thread bar light-hearted response to personal abuse which seems to be free reign at the moment to call posters *****.
    I posted absolutely nothing in here after the game. Some lads are angry and making things up in their heads.

Eh.....

Who claimed we had good squad depth?

Why are we lucky to have Salah? It's pretty straightforward; we paid Roma 35m for him and it has worked out well. As is the beauty of football.

Klopp will do what he has to do 're Karius. Either way I trust him.

As for the abuse, wouldn't rise to it to myself. I don't feel embarrassed or represented by it anyway. Weird if someone did feel they were.

• Advertisement

Just because you haven't seen criticism/ disagreements with decisions doesn't mean it's not there. But hey, I've had a look at a few of your recent posts and i know you're on the wind up and not interested in a decent debate so go on and knock yourself out!

I'd rarely bother coming here for obvious reasons so if there has been critism of Klopp over the lads 20 pages or so I stand corrected.

My post in the other thread isn't far off but I should have mentioned there are a few decent heads in here actually engaging in decent convo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

That's some rubbish there. It would have no bearing on the game who won. Tactics and dark art defending are as much a part of the game as one dimension all out attack play

I don’t think it’s good to the sport for one team to dominate. I’m not sure why anybody would think otherwise.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    You are the one who seems to be talking your club way too seriously and yes you are having a meltdown. You are embarrassing yourself.
    I've said nothing in this thread bar light-hearted response to personal abuse which seems to be free reign at the moment to call posters *****.
    I posted absolutely nothing in here after the game. Some lads are angry and making things up in their heads.

What age are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Lads go outside and enjoy the sun before it pours down.

MD1990 wrote: »

I think it is more embarrassing spending your saturday night on a forum trying to annoy Liverpool fans.

Plenty Liverpool fans flock to utd match threads to do the same.

Keep your backseat moderation to yourself, yeah?

No one gives a ****.

Oh my. Please don't start one of your emotional tirades :)
    I think you mustn't understand what back seat moderation is as you're the only one dishing it out. Is this a solo run BTW are will the other two be along shortly?

It's the weekend, Sunday morning, few deep breaths and a coffee might help perhaps.

There's always the feedback thread if reporting my alleged back seat moderation doesn't work :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Are some Liverpool fans actually wanting Klopp out? So it’s not just united fans who are over the top with their expectations !

Not sure if you are joking here, I was alluding to United fans this time last week going into meltdown trying to figure out who to blame for their terrible recent form and performances, not Liverpool fans.

Ya, I agree. Lacking in football in general, sign of modern times not just the modern game. More interested in social media than going to war on the pitch.

It's great Liverpool have youth but a shrewd free transfer of someone in their early 30s could work wonders. A McAllister type player, not necessarily a midfielder. The likes of Chellini from Juve for example, not saying it's likely just that type of signing.

Liverpool have togetherness alright I reckon, but lack a real leader, you know the type yourself, Gerrard, Carragher, Hyypia or Viera, Keane etc

I found it funny that fellown united fans were enjoying it so much but for Liverpool fans that’s a sign of how far my club has fallen. But in the cold light of day It would of been better for the game had Liverpool won.

Ya, it was noticeably over the top from the bits I have seen, I don't remember ever seeing it like that, best to take it as a compliment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

tinpib wrote: »
    This time last week it was "Who is responsible for our unacceptable sh!tshow over the last few months? Manager, players or both? Discuss"

I think I prefer today's situation.

No net spend since manager has arrived meaning plenty of funds there, surely owners to try and get whoever he wants in this summer, bright future ahead.

We have no net spend because every couple of seasons, were shipping our best players off to other clubs.

Eh.....

Who claimed we had good squad depth
    As for the abuse, wouldn't rise to it to myself. I don't feel embarrassed or represented by it anyway. Weird if someone did feel they were.

Frequent mentions of the great squad we had all season before ox, can, matip, lallana, clyne, gomez were all out at the same time.

I agree with your sentiment about the abuse, embarrassment was ott on my behalf, I apologise to all who I offended or upset

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No real surprise to see who’s going against the grain of the the thread and defending posts that could be interpreted as trolling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Lads go outside and enjoy the sun before it pours down.

I’m allowed to bring my smartphone outside too...

• Advertisement

No real surprise to see who’s going against the grain of the the thread and defending posts that could be interpreted as trolling.

I was never one to follow the herd.... especially when name calling etc is the game they play :)
    Perhaps yours and others interpretation of posts is incorrect :) mob mentality is rarely beneficial BTW

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm glad I didn’t bother reading or posting here last night, predictable stuff from all corners.

Personally, while still gutted and a bit angry about last night, I'm still optimistic about the future. Keep most of the squad, get Keita in, the likes of fekir and hopefully one more midfielder or good attacker, hopefully a good goalie, but I suspect Karius will be first choice come August. We exceeded expectations by getting to the final, and once this settles, almost all of us will be in a similar optimistic place for next season.

I'd imagine as much as lots of us are annoyed by Karius, he is having the worst day or so of his life.

Frequent mentions of the great squad we had all season before ox, can, matip, lallana, clyne, gomez were all out at the same time.

I agree with your sentiment about the abuse, embarrassment was ott on my behalf, I apologise to all who I offended or upset

I would have said we had depth but not necessarily good depth. Even with all of those you mentioned had they been fit, you'd still be looking at the bench apprehensively.

But as I said earlier, good depth will come in time and should be imminent. The reality is that we overachieved massively by getting to the final while also assuring a top 4 place. Squad and Klopp deserve massive credit.

I said before the match there was no shame in losing and still believe that. It's just unfortunate how events unfolded.

I'm slow to describe getting to the final as overachieving TBH....we beat who we had to over two legs comprehensively after bring largely shakey in the group stages.

I can appreciate that we didn't expect to go that far.

Great season, no doubt.

Would be great if Fekir was signed soon. But think it will be unlikely as Lyon are difficult to negotiate with.

Hopefully we can sign a top class GK & DM. Henderson still a good player but ideally an upgrade would improve us hugely.

Still need another CB but Lovren has shown he is good player so no need to spend another 70m on a CB.

Also what a talent Trent AA is. Very lucky we have a Liverpool born player coming through like him. First teenager to start since 1971. Will improve physically as is not a quick developer but technically a huge upgrade on Clyne. Maybe a CM long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I 100% disagree we overachived getting there,we blitzed our way there completely on merit.

.... Is this a solo run BTW or will the other two be along shortly?

Not much wrong with my crystal ball this morning :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

kfallon wrote: »

You’re out of line..Put your Dad’s phone away.

I 100% disagree we overachived getting there,we blitzed our way there completely on merit.

We did get there on merit. Saying we overachieved does not contradict that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

It will be interesting to see what Klopp does with Karius now, I think the Arsenal away game was the last straw for Mignolet and last night was that and worse for Karius!

I would probably give him another season myself because he is young, another player for the front three has to be the priority now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

5starpool wrote: »
    I'm glad I didn’t bother reading or posting here last night, predictable stuff from all corners.

Personally, while still gutted and a bit angry about last night, I'm still optimistic about the future. Keep most of the squad, get Keita in, the likes of fekir and hopefully one more midfielder or good attacker, hopefully a good goalie, but I suspect Karius will be first choice come August. We exceeded expectations by getting to the final, and once this settles, almost all of us will be in a similar optimistic place for next season.

I'd imagine as much as lots of us are annoyed by Karius, he is having the worst day or so of his life.

I think we're best placed to challenge city next season, more so than any other team in the league, utd have no direction and a toxic atmosphere who somehow managed to scrape 2nd with a expensively assembled squad not interested in playing, Roman seems to have gone AWOL from chelsea, spurs won't spend anything of note this summer, Arsenal need to buy a whole new defence and half a midfield.

We on the other hand have clear progression every year, we overachieved massively in the CL which perhaps meant we did'nt give 100% in the league for the last couple of months, we also had terrible luck with injuries that happened all at the same time which gives the false impression of a lack of squad depth.

Keita is coming in next month, we will 100% sign a GK when Migs leaves this summer, which leaves us needing a quality replacement for the front three for competition and injuries. Not a bad situation to be in all said and done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Mignolet is certainly off so klopp will have to buy a keeper anyways, don't think he can be Mr. Nice after last night with karius, no point in getting on the big stage only to make basic errors.

We again had no luck.

It is as if we used all our luck in 2005.

Salah injury, Ramos should have been sent off for elbowing Karius as well. Surprised that has not been mentioned that much but lots of talking points.

2016 EL final loss for me was worse as we completly folded. This summer we should not lose anyone & get stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

rgace wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see what Klopp does with Karius now, I think the Arsenal away game was the last straw for Mignolet and last night was that and worse for Karius!

I would probably give him another season myself because he is young, another player for the front three has to be the priority now.

Sell Mig, send Ward on loan (probably should have happened this season anyway), buy a new keeper and keep Karius as backup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If Karius is the number 1 keeper come August then I will have completely given up on Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If Salah misses the World Cup Ramos will be the most hated man ever in Egypt. They've already started a online petition to have Ramos banned!!

https://www.change.org/p/uefa-uefa-fifa-should-punish-sergio-ramos-for-intentionally-hurting-mohamed-salah

• kfallon wrote: »
    Like I said, register
    You are the one continuing to post abuse.

If Karius is the number 1 keeper come August then I will have completely given up on Klopp.

I think karius is likely to get more chances. Klopp bought him to be our #1 GK long-term..... I reckon he'll stick with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 838 ✭✭✭qm1bv4p8i92aoj

Jaysus lads.

Only read the last couple of pages.

Like someone already said log off and go outside for a walk or something.

Rodgers would say it's character building.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement