Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

Lallana has missed most of the season.....he's never inspired in a front 3 either. I am a huge fan of lallana but his meh performance was not a surprise all considered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

So. Just read through the thread.

SophisticatedPleasedArchaeocete-max-1mb.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

MD1990 wrote: »
    Replies that Ramos didn't want to injure are just Man Utd fans or are very naive.

He has 24 red cards in his career & should have many more. He goes out to injure an opponent in nearly every game he plays especially the big games. Has regularly tried to break Messi's leg as well.

I'll probably be slaughtered for this but i would love to have him in our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

brevity wrote: »
    Henderson, Firmino and Lalana were meh. Especially Lalana.

As someone said it would have been better throwing Moreno on. At least he has a bit of unpredictability.

Lalana wasn't at the races at all unfortunately... seemed slow and unfit...

we definitely require more squad depth next season... more cover for the front three..

i think we are on the right track..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

MD1990 wrote: »
    Replies that Ramos didn't want to injure are just Man Utd fans or are very naive.

He has 24 red cards in his career & should have many more. He goes out to injure an opponent in nearly every game he plays especially the big games. Has regularly tried to break Messi's leg as well.

Fairly sure a lot of United fans held the same opinion when he used them to get a better contract a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Andrew Beef

I admire the optimism on show here in the face of last night’s disaster. However, I’m not sure that there are grounds for such positivity. Yes, there’s a narrative that Klopp’s a genius but, as an outsider looking in, he looks more like the German Wenger to me. Yes, there’s excitement on occasion, but he seems deeply flawed in how he sees the game; the goalkeeping fiasco being the most obvious evidence, but also the shambolic defence. Virgil Van Dyk (ex Celtic) certainly isn’t the answer. I’d also have concerns around Salah being a one season wonder; one swallow doesn’t make a summer, and even if he is the real deal, then he’s more likely to hit the road a la Suarez and Coutinho.

Like I said, the optimism and narrative that “there will be other nights” is admirable and, as a football fan, I wish you well, but my fear for you is that last night was your one shot at glory. We’re in an era when money talks and it makes life very difficult for fallen giants like Villa and Liverpool; the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, and Juventus have an inherent advantage. As a final aside, fair play to your fans last night, superb as usual in the face of humiliation. I’ve been a cynic re the You’ll Never Walk Alone stuff in the past, but I have to say it was magical last night. Roll on next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

mada999 wrote: »
    Lalana wasn't at the races at all unfortunately... seemed slow and unfit...

we definitely require more squad depth next season... more cover for the front three..

i think we are on the right track..

He is not good enough - fit or unfit.

Sell him when we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Im still heartbroken and angry at Karius today.

Its been a long season so many high and a few lows.

The right players will have to be brought in over the Summer, I would love if Liverpool Fc were to challenge for the Premier League trophy.

For now it will be rumour and speculation as to who will be brought in.

Hopefully Salahs injury wont be as bad as everyone is saying :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

I asked in an earlier post about retrospective action on the Ramos/Karius incident, but don't know if I got any answers. Does this only happen in the Premier League? Is it likely or not that there will be any action taken on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

I admire the optimism on show here in the face of last night’s disaster. However, I’m not sure that there are grounds for such positivity. Yes, there’s a narrative that Klopp’s a genius but, as an outsider looking in, he looks more like the German Wenger to me. Yes, there’s excitement on occasion, but he seems deeply flawed in how he sees the game; the goalkeeping fiasco being the most obvious evidence, but also the shambolic defence. Virgil Van Dyk (ex Celtic) certainly isn’t the answer. I’d also have concerns around Salah being a one season wonder; one swallow doesn’t make a summer, and even if he is the real deal, then he’s more likely to hit the road a la Suarez and Coutinho.

Like I said, the optimism and narrative that “there will be other nights” is admirable and, as a football fan, I wish you well, but my fear for you is that last night was your one shot at glory. We’re in an era when money talks and it makes life very difficult for fallen giants like Villa and Liverpool; the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Manchester United, Bayern Munich, and Juventus have an inherent advantage. As a final aside, fair play to your fans last night, superb as usual in the face of humiliation. I’ve been a cynic re the You’ll Never Walk Alone stuff in the past, but I have to say it was magical last night. Roll on next season.

What drugs are you on lad?

The defence has got better since Van Dijk has arrived.

Ive been watching Liverpool all season and Van Dijk has improved the organisation of the defence.

But I do realise they need another centre half.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sell him when we can.

He was excellent in 16/17. He's a valuable member of the squad if he can stay fit.

It would be a shame for neutrals if Salah misses the World Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Just saw the footage of Carragher approaching and consoling Karius after the game. Now, whilst it was nice to see someone show some sympathy towards him I wonder how Karius felt given how Carragher has been hammering him this past year.

I think you've gotten to much sun the last few days. It's scrambled your brains chief :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Sell him when we can.

https://twitter.com/SGEHJR/status/1000483738936102913?s=19

Read the full Twitter thread. A poor performance but wasnt match fit. Not sure why he was even there tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It would be a shame for neutrals if Salah misses the World Cup.

I'll be honest since Ireland aren't there as a neutral I just don't care about the World Cup.

TitianGerm wrote: »

I think you've gotten to much sun the last few days. It's scrambled your brains chief :pac:

Not at all. Ultimately, a strong Liverpool is good for football and good for Manchester United. My worry from an objective perspective is that Jose appears to be struggling but will in fact do very well, whereas Klopp appears to be doing well but will in fact struggle and ultimately be sacked. It’s just so hard nowadays for clubs to move to the next level without a huge budget. I don’t want to see City as our rivals, I want it to be Liverpool, but I just can’t see it happening in the modern game.

Is the "German wenger" going to be a thing.....twice in here so far today. It's poor TBH....very poor.

brevity wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SGEHJR/status/1000483738936102913?s=19

Read the full Twitter thread. A poor performance but wasnt match fit. Not sure why he was even there tbh.

I will celebrate long into the night when we get rid of him.

Definitely the worst Liverpool player to keep a place in squad in last 10 years.

I would have rather Solanke going in - and that says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

The first mistake could be forgiven but Bale's second goal must be the worst goalkeeping errors ever.

Ramos taking his level of filth to a new low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Lovren was excellent last night.

But......

I've seen a few here today suggest that they'd be happy to have him as first choice CB next season. I wouldn't, at all. He is every bit as prone to catastrophic errors as Karius is and, over the course of a long season he'll cost us more points than he'll earn us.

I think we need to be ruthless in how we recruit over the summer and a CB has to be high on the list. Keep Lovren as a squad player, absolutely, but he isn't remotely consistent enough to start every week.

Augeo wrote: »
    Is the "German wenger" going to be a thing.....twice in here so far today. It's poor TBH....very poor.

:D

Think I coined it. :p

Its harsh - but we are the fans watching the squad - and fearsome 3 nill up with 5 minutes to go. For a professional team - it is totally unacceptable and no point in sugar coating the performances we have to watch.

This summer is a big one. There are no excuses - we have cash - we have a high enough profile - European soccer. So show us the money Klopp.

We need about 5 players. We have 1 in the bag.

mosstin wrote: »
    Lovren was excellent last night.

But......

I've seen a few here today suggest that they'd be happy to have him as first choice CB next season. I wouldn't, at all. He is every bit as prone to catastrophic errors as Karius is and, over the course of a long season he'll cost us more points than he'll earn us.

I think we need to be ruthless in how we recruit over the summer and a CB has to be high on the list. Keep Lovren as a squad player, absolutely, but he isn't remotely consistent enough to start every week.

Karius has been good this season since replacing Mig. I don't think he'll be the number 1 keeper next season after last night though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Definitely the worst Liverpool player to keep a place in squad in last 10 years.

Stick to golf, football isn't for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Not at all. Ultimately, a strong Liverpool is good for football and good for Manchester United. My worry from an objective perspective is that Jose appears to be struggling but will in fact do very well, whereas Klopp appears to be doing well but will in fact struggle and ultimately be sacked. It’s just so hard nowadays for clubs to move to the next level without a huge budget. I don’t want to see City as our rivals, I want it to be Liverpool, but I just can’t see it happening in the modern game.
    Give us time we might be worthy of your rivalry again one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

A video of Klopp at 6am absolutwly smashed singing with his assistants

"We saw the European Cup, Madrid had all the ****ing luck"

There will be people who will give out about it but **** it I think its hilarious. What does wallowing in sadness do? Enjoy the end of the season and push on next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

How on earth can anyone honestly think Ramos went out to dislocate Salah's arm ?

It was a tussle in which both players at one point fouled the other it happens dozens of times a game at every level. Ramos absolutely fouls and brings him down but to suggest he tried to end Salah's world cup is lunacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjR8MI_Fn2Z/

Klopp drunk singing at 6am. "We saw the European Cup. Madrid had all the ****ing luck" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Karius has been good this season since replacing Mig. I don't think he'll be the number 1 keeper next season after last night though.

He has been OK that's about it. He has had his fair share of dodgy moments but has been a lot better than his previous times in goal. We are now a top 4 side our goalkeeper are the one area that are nowhere near the standard required for a top 4 team. Its the most obvious position to improve on and the easiest one to improve on as both our keepers are bottom half pl standard at best. At the end of last season plenty of people reckoned it would be OK with mignolet in goal as he finished the season well. Recently we have people stating a new gk isn't a priority as karius has improved. What happened last night was no shock both are keepers are capable of that and will have a few games a season like that. I was in no way surprised when mignolet was glued to his line against Watford opening game of season for a number of corners , made a stupid decision to run out against Kane, tried to punch xhahka 40 yd drive away, had cement in his boots for willians cross/shot. Karius will have the same issues again and again he isn't good enough . Break the bank for a top class keeper it will massively improve the starting eleven and the back 4 will improve as they will have someone behind them that they can trust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

And on a more saddening note.

a7POltm.png?1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

beno619 wrote: »
    How on earth can anyone honestly think Ramos went out to dislocate Salah's arm ?

It was a tussle in which both players at one point fouled the other is happens dozens of times a game at every level. Ramos absolutely fouls and brings him down but to suggest he tried to end Salah's world cup is lunacy.

He absolutely meant to take him out of the match, and he didn't give a ****e how much harm it caused. He tried to take the head off Karius as well. He's a violent thug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

doc_17 wrote: »
    Just saw the footage of Carragher approaching and consoling Karius after the game. Now, whilst it was nice to see someone show some sympathy towards him I wonder how Karius felt given how Carragher has been hammering him this past year.

Im sure he was happy for someone to console because at the end of the day it was tough to watch him breakdown so bad !! I know some will slate him and he will get get death threats and the likes but he is human made a mistake but its time to move on and be done with it !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

He has been OK that's about it. He has had his fair share of dodgy moments but has been a lot better than his previous times in goal. We are now a top 4 side our goalkeeper are the one area that are nowhere near the standard required for a top 4 team. Its the most obvious position to improve on and the easiest one to improve on as both our keepers are bottom half pl standard at best. At the end of last season plenty of people reckoned it would be OK with mignolet in goal as he finished the season well. Recently we have people stating a new gk isn't a priority as karius has improved. What happened last night was no shock both are keepers are capable of that and will have a few games a season like that. I was in no way surprised when mignolet was glued to his line against Watford opening game of season for a number of corners , made a stupid decision to run out against Kane, tried to punch xhahka 40 yd drive away, had cement in his boots for willians cross/shot. Karius will have the same issues again and again he isn't good enough . Break the bank for a top class keeper it will massively improve the starting eleven and the back 4 will improve as they will have someone behind them that they can trust.

Trawled back through my posts to find the one about Karius’s distribution , going to cost us . 12/2/18 . ****ing sucks to to right sometimes:(
    I think I’m going do a Klopp and cheer up with pints :)

doc_17 wrote: »

Said it already but I think that was an attempt to counteract the spitting incident. Plenty of videos of the incident doing the rounds today so it might have worked to a degree.

No doubt if he gets back into the studio the true Carragher won’t be long rearing his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

The elbow on karius by Ramos is sickening,and shows his true character,that and his constant playacting pretending to be injured is fckin nauseating . A vile player.

On the flip side, Gareth bale showed true class with the best goal to Grace a final ever,and his comforting of karius after whistle went,well done to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

I think we will spend serious money this summer
    Allinson 70 million
    Flickr deck 60 million
    Arnautovie 35 million
    Cb and midfielder too
    5 big **** off signings

John Henry sounds like he is going to back Klopp to the hilt

Hopefully Erickson is it?? is one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Bowlardo wrote: »
    I think we will spend serious money this summer
    Allinson 70 million
    Flickr deck 60 million
    Arnautovie 35 million
    Cb and midfielder too
    5 big **** off signings

John Henry sounds like he is going to back Klopp to the hilt
    Who? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Flickr deck?

Charlie Adams as the midfielder? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

how is the money from jersey sales distributed,i saw a lot of the new kit salah jerseys yesterday,a big spike in sales

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is no money from jersey sales.

NB paid the £300m sponsorship deal that's what the club gets from it NB make the money back and profit from jersey sales.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

Ramos did not set out to dislocate Mo's shoulder. We need dispel any notion of it. 
    Its as clear as day that Ramos was out to do Mo's elbow. He got lucky with the shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

If your happy with our defence - I genuinely think your expectations are way too low.

We still are Liverpool - not supposed to be happy with 4th and a final.

Leicester have won the PL. We have players in our squad who shouldn't be near a liverpool team. I don't think that is actually a wow comment.

Our defence has been the second best in the premier league since Virgil signed. How can you expect our defence to be better than that as an attacking team?? None of the goals last night were because of a weak defence.

We are Liverpool. But 4th and the Champions league final is a great season. Comparing us to Leicester is the most ridiculous part of what your saying. So you want us to sign players from Leicester?? We have players in our team that shouldnt be near a Liverpool team yet Leicester won the League. Would you be happy if we signed Morgan or Simpson?

Moreno Klaven Migs Karius and Lovren would all walk into the Leicester first team.

We need to improve but ffs you cant just sell everyone and build from scratch in one summer. It takes a few years. Klopp has built a squad that can play his brand of football. He is now upgrading the squad. We have a back line of Trent Lovren Virgil and Robertson. They are a fantastic back four. The issues is we have no real back up options. I would like if we signed a top class center back and pushed Lovren to the bench. We badly need midfielders but Hendo and Gini have been excellent. Kieta is also coming in. We need a top class center mid that will push one of Hendo or Gini to the bench. We also need to top class pacey player to compete for a front three spot.

Of course we need further improvement but for anyone to even suggest that Klopp is under pressure hasnt a clue what they are on about and is just falling into the typical modern day fan mould.

Last summer all the talk was that we had a great season to get a top 4 spot but could we do it again with Champions league as a distraction. Not only did we get top 4 again but we got to the Champions League final!!! How many other teams can say that?? (one is the answer by the way). What do you think Chelsea and Arsenal fans would have given for our season?? What about Spurs or United?? They also just got a top 4 spot regardless of celebrations over second place. Neither of them got to the Champions League final though!! Man City spent a quarter of a billion on defenders and while they destroyed the Premier League, we knocked them out of the Champions League!

So yes a "wow" comment is warranted when someone is silly enough to say they are willing to give Klopp more time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Carragher wouldn't be doing his job as a pundit if he wasn't critical of Karius imo.

A load of questionable goals have gone in but it didn't matter when we scored 3/4.

That touch onto the bar etc against Roma..

I don't want to put the boot in but I can't accept the "everything has been fine" since Klopp tossed a coin and chose him over Mig.

He should have been taken off after the first mistake last night. Mentally weak isn't the word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

I’d be astounded if Karius is still at the club next season. Major mistakes like that in a champions league final are going to haunt him forever at pool. Cant see fans forgiving him too easily for it...cant see him forgetting it either (or klopp).

His best chance to move on with his career is try go out on loan somewhere for a season and rebuild himself

As for Ramos, it was dirty, it was unlucky how salah hit the ground, so I dont think he meant to dislocate his shoulder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Watched the game again up until Salah going off. Easy to forget now but we were actually very good up to his injury. Nearly got in on goal 3 or 4 times only for last ditch Madrid clearances. You could see the Madrid players arguing amongst themselves. Once Salah was gone their defence visibly pushed up and Marcelo started bombing forward.

Yeah for me those first twenty minutes felt like the Roma 1st leg where we created a good few chances but didnt put them away. Even though it was 0-0 you knew a Liverpool goal was coming and thats the same way I felt at the 20 minute mark last night, it was only a matter of time because we were stretching them. The Madrid players themselves knew they were under the cosh with Ronaldo constantly reminding them to up their game. Then Salah gets injured and everything changes.

Im not sure if you dont watch much football or have a short memory. But Adam Lallana was our 2nd best player last season behind Mane, Lallana has been absolutely immense for us. To say he is the worst player in the Liverpool squad over the last 10 years is just ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah for me those first twenty minutes felt like the Roma 1st leg where we created a good few chances but didnt put them away. Even though it was 0-0 you knew a Liverpool goal was coming and thats the same way I felt at the 20 minute mark last night, it was only a matter of time because we were stretching them. The Madrid players themselves knew they were under the cosh with Ronaldo constantly reminding them to up their game. Then Salah gets injured and everything changes.

Im not sure if you dont watch much football or have a short memory. But Adam Lallana was our 2nd best player last season behind Mane, Lallana has been absolutely immense for us. To say he is the worst player in the Liverpool squad over the last 10 years is just ridiculous.

Lallana is a great player and if he had more playing time under his belt he would have been better yesterday. As he had not played as much I would have personally had but on Can or Ings/Solonke if one was on the bench. He did well and harassed but I felt he was a half a second off and as you say no where near a crap player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,635 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

The elbow on karius by Ramos is sickening,and shows his true character,that and his constant playacting pretending to be injured is fckin nauseating . A vile player.
    Last night really saw a lot of chicks coming home to roost. From Liverpool's POV, an overreliance on the front 3,and Salah in particular, a threadbare squad, no options off the bench, and a problem in goals. Also.... Breaking news! Ramos is a cvnt! No surprise here either really, probably got lucky from his POV with the extent of the injury, but he was always going to try to 'do' Salah at least once.
    As mentioned, Karius is finished in Liverpool IMHO. Don't want to add to his misery, to be fair to him he seems to be a lad that works away and hasn't acted the bollix at all, but he plainly isn't good enough, he is plainly out of his depth.

Just ask yourself, how many EPL first choice keepers are worse than him?? Hennessy, Cech (over the last few months perhaps), Adrian maybe....Mccarthy. That's probably it. It's a terrible situation to have found ourselves in. No point signing more centre backs unless we get a good keeper in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Lallana would be a decent squad player but he can’t stay fit and then seems to need loads of time to play his way back to fitness.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement