Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

doc_17 wrote: »
    Lallana would be a decent squad player but he can’t stay fit and then seems to need loads of time to play his way back to fitness.

Yep usually takes about 4-5 games to get game fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

daheff wrote: »
    I’d be astounded if Karius is still at the club next season. Major mistakes like that in a champions league final are going to haunt him forever at pool. Cant see fans forgiving him too easily for it...cant see him forgetting it either (or klopp).

His best chance to move on with his career is try go out on loan somewhere for a season and rebuild himself

As for Ramos, it was dirty, it was unlucky how salah hit the ground, so I dont think he meant to dislocate his shoulder.

Meh, I already have. I don't want him between the sticks for us next season but if he is I certainly won't be giving him anything but full support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

It will be some craic with a week left in the window and no goalkeeper signed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

mosstin wrote: »
    Meh, I already have. I don't want him between the sticks for us next season but if he is I certainly won't be giving him anything but full support.

Ya that's the thing the vast vast Majority Liverpool fans do not want him as out goalkeeper but in relation to hating him to verbally or otherwise attack him with him been in fear will not happen. When he leaves they will say goodbye and wish him look he can get his career on track just not at Liverpool's expense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Merseyside police are investigating online abuse directed towards Karius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mosstin wrote: »

Agreed.

But Klopp has to take action now.

We won't be able to keep other players happy if they have games thrown away after they've worked their asses off to get in front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Merseyside police are investigating online abuse directed towards Karius.

Brilliant. I genuinely hope that there is something they can do. I love Twitter but it's a depressing place when you see the vitriol unleashed at folk in the public gaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Disappointing game yesterday. That Bale goal was just special. Cannot do much about that. They had players on the bench to come on and change the game.
    Certain players are just not good enough at this level. Keita will make a big difference. Karius needs to be replaced badly and Henderson not good enough really. Modric is a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Klopp has achieved a lot in comparison to Rodgers but is not as smart a tactician as Benitez although much more successful in the transfer market than both. The very best available talent will end up in either Manchester or London. As regards goalkeepers, most of those you see, in the Premiership anyway, are poor and capable of making massive blunders. De Gea would be the exception - an excellent shot stopper but never seems to come off his line to claim crosses. I wouldn't write off Karius or Mignolet completely, they need better coaching. There is nobody better available to buy out there at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Mignolet is finished at Liverpool. Karius maybe left as backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Mignolet is finished at Liverpool. Karius maybe left as backup.

Not with what happened last night. Karius has to leave for himself and he seems resigned to that fact himself. I had Mginolet going to Celtic as a bet but see him now been the back up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

Not with what happened last night. Karius has to leave for himself and he seems resigned to that fact himself. I had Mginolet going to Celtic as a bet but see him now been the back up

Celtic wouldn’t be able to afford his wages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

beno619 wrote: »
    How on earth can anyone honestly think Ramos went out to dislocate Salah's arm ?

It was a tussle in which both players at one point fouled the other it happens dozens of times a game at every level. Ramos absolutely fouls and brings him down but to suggest he tried to end Salah's world cup is lunacy.

He didn't go out to specifically dislocate his arm of course. But he deliberately dragged him down in a rough challenge. The intention was to hurt and rattle him a bit. Producing an injury to knock him out of the game was a nice bonus, as Ramos's reaction attested to.

He plays on the line and he often gets away with it, no real complaints from me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He didn't go out to specifically dislocate his arm of course. But he deliberately dragged him down in a rough challenge. The intention was to hurt and rattle him a bit. Producing an injury to knock him out of the game was a nice bonus, as Ramos's reaction attested to.

He plays on the line and he often gets away with it, no real complaints from me.

Agreed. But his cheap shot on Karius, which was missed by the officials, is typical of him and one of the myriad of reasons why people detest him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Am a Utd fan....not coming on to gloat at result last night but was very surprised that Klopp chose Lallana to come on over Solanke to replace Salah.

Solanke is limited as a player but runs all game and would have provided a focal point to be played off.Lallana has always been a player that needs to play himself back to fitness so was unlikely to make an impact immediately last night.

Was v bad luck that Salah had to go off as up to that yere interplay and passing was excellent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Am a Utd fan....not coming on to gloat at result last night but was very surprised that Klopp chose Lallana to come on over Solanke to replace Salah.

Solanke is limited as a player but runs all game and would have provided a focal point to be played off.Lallana has always been a player that needs to play himself back to fitness so was unlikely to make an impact immediately last night.

Was v bad luck that Salah had to go off as up to that yere interplay and passing was excellent.

Debating bringing on Solanke in a CL final just shows how bad the squad is and how amazing an achievement it was to get this far. I thought Lallana was the right decision but he was definitely off the pace, just don’t think Solanke would have done much more.

If we went into the last 5 / 10 mins at 2 1 down we might have seen him thrown on to try to cause some chaos but Karius took that chance away unfortunately

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Muahahaha wrote: »

Im not sure if you dont watch much football or have a short memory. But Adam Lallana was our 2nd best player last season behind Mane, Lallana has been absolutely immense for us. To say he is the worst player in the Liverpool squad over the last 10 years is just ridiculous.

:D

Fair enough - I have a particular dislike for him and think he is very very overrated.

But If people can see Lallana as a player at the right level for where Liverpool want to be. I just don't get that.

I'd be stunned if he is a starter next season - and he shouldn't be near squad after Christmas. I'll be delighted when he is sold - because it means we are beginning to get a squad where we are nearer top 2 - not falling over the line to top 4.

Also - some people are beginning to think our back 4 are sorted. They are the ones you should ask - do you watch much football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Debating bringing on Solanke in a CL final just shows how bad the squad is and how amazing an achievement it was to get this far. I thought Lallana was the right decision but he was definitely off the pace, just don’t think Solanke would have done much more.

If we went into the last 5 / 10 mins at 2 1 down we might have seen him thrown on to try to cause some chaos but Karius took that chance away unfortunately

yup hopefully we can get some signings in and have some good options on the bench...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Well, not sure what to post here after yesterday. I do want to say thanks to everyone that responded to my post yesterday morning - it was a kinda stream of consciousness post that got a bit more sentimental than I'd want, and my mate certainly wouldn't have approved, but when I got back home now and opened the thread (I always bookmark it where I last was) I was a bit taken aback by the response, so many thanks for that.

Had planned to watch the match in full when I got back today 'cos due to the circumstances last night, it would not have been cool to sit in the house watching the match while everyone else was sitting outside together having a BBQ - last night was about friends before anything else. Didn't mean I couldn't keep an eye on the match using the rte player on my phone propped up against a wine bottle in front of me :) , so I unfortunately didn't miss any of the key parts of the match.

Decided on the way home today not to dwell on what happened or read through the press or all of the posts I missed - I pulled up Klopp and Hendo's after match interviews this morning before breakfast and they nearly had me in tears again.
    So I'm gonna take a pass on focusing too much on what happened in the game - not because I don't care, far from it, but why add to the hurt? The main thing for me is that what happened last night in the match did happen, but more importantly - everything that happened to get us there in the first place also happened, and not by accident and it can/will happen again - we all know this now.

Liverpool are always gonna hurt us and frustrate us, but they will also invoke emotions and happiness in a way that few other things in life can, so that's what I'm focusing on. 8 weeks today is the match against Dortmund in the U.S., when we get to see Keita and hopefully some other additions - can't wait and that's what I'm focused on now.
    Heart goes out to the team, to Salah and to the fans that travelled or could't travel to the game, but that's life, time to move on.

P.S. Ramos can get fcuked!

:D

Fair enough - I have a particular dislike for him and think he is very very overrated.

But If people can see Lallana as a player at the right level for where Liverpool want to be. I just don't get that.

I'd be stunned if he is a starter next season - and he shouldn't be near squad after Christmas. I'll be delighted when he is sold - because it means we are beginning to get a squad where we are nearer top 2 - not falling over the line to top 4.

Also - some people are beginning to think our back 4 are sorted. They are the ones you should ask - do you watch much football.

Woah Woah Woah...where have you put those goalposts?

Ah, over there with your strawman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I can accept losing a match to Bales goal but not the two ****ups from Karius. That said my heart goes out to the lad. At 24 his career is facing a very serious turn. To the ***** sending him death threats.. cowards.

At the end of the day maybe we over achieved getting to the final with the squad we have. It was telling that when Salah went off all we had to replace him was Lallana who has hardly played all year or Can who is back after months out. There was no game winner to bring on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

So many w*nkers, its hard to single one out.

I'm not talking about anyone related to Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Charlie19 wrote: »
    So many w*nkers, its hard to single one out.

I'm not talking about anyone related to Liverpool.

I single out Ramos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

One of the things that I can't believe Klopp didn't try, seen as he'd done it against Brighton, was putting Solanke on, and putting Firmino further back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

SlickRic wrote: »
    One of the things that I can't believe Klopp didn't try, seen as he'd done it against Brighton, was putting Solanke on, and putting Firmino further back.

Think he wanted our most attacking/best player to be out on the right as it would help to tame Marcelo.

Salah was furthest forward when on the pitch. Mane then took up that role once Lallana came on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Blondie919 wrote: »
    I single out Ramos

Why? Just look at it.

giphy.gif

Salah was the one to initiate the arm link. He was the one that did it. Ramos did nothing wrong. At all. It was just an awkward fall. I've heard so many Liverpool fans claim Ramos injured him. He did nothing of the sort.

If people want to debate the Karius elbow that's another story but you can't argue with the image above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Kirby wrote: »
    Why? Just look at it.

giphy.gif

Salah was the one to initiate the arm link. He was the one that did it. Ramos did nothing wrong. At all. It was just an awkward fall. I've heard so many Liverpool fans claim Ramos injured him. He did nothing of the sort.

If people want to debate the Karius elbow that's another story but you can't argue with the image above.

That video actually shows Ramos coming from behind and putting his arm in to interlink with Salah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ramos puts his arm across Salah;]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

Why? Just look at it.

giphy.gif

Well he's a w*nker for the Karius elbow then

Have we signed anyone yet?

FSG out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Ramos crosses the line and goes too far with his shìthousery but one thing I'd like to see is a couple of players at Liverpool who are versed in the more cynical, darker aspects of the game. We saw aspects of it last night from other Real players (not just Ramos.) Maybe it's not for purists but i sometimes feel the players are too nice and honest.

There's a "not letting go" action by Ramos as he falls which I feel was very dangerous.

Regardless of who initiated the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

dogbert27 wrote: »
    That video actually shows Ramos coming from behind and putting his arm in to interlink with Salah.

No it doesn't. Ramos puts his arm across his chest. Salah than wraps his own around it as Ramos wins the ball. These are facts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

noodler wrote: »
    There's a "not letting go" action by Ramos as he falls which I feel was very dangerous.

Regardless of who initiated the link.

Yep, also a deliberate shift of his body weight to for maximum impact.

Some will just see what they want...he’ll be giving it the ol ‘I don’t support anyone so nobody can question what I say’ line next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

SlickRic wrote: »

Solanke hasn't showed an aptitude for this level yet. A potentially able Lallana could been a game changer so I don't blame Klopp for making that call.

Only Ramos will know for sure.

He behaviour for most of the game was despicable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

No it doesn't. Ramos puts his arm across his chest. Salah than wraps his own around it as Ramos wins the ball. These are facts.

Ramos puts his arm over Salah's and then brings it down. His arm doesn't cross Salah's chest at all in that video and that's a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,267 ✭✭✭Grueller

Too sick over Karius last night to come on and read here before now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Grueller wrote: »
    Too sick over Karius last night to come on and read here before now.

Probably best. Thread had been visual cancer since last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Why? Just look at it.

giphy.gif

Ramos is a cute whore.

If you ever played the game and got into that situation you would know yourself the outcome if you rolled 180 when linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭john why

Who hates m!ck?

chicorytip wrote: »
    Klopp has achieved a lot in comparison to Rodgers but is not as smart a tactician as Benitez although much more successful in the transfer market than both. The very best available talent will end up in either Manchester or London. As regards goalkeepers, most of those you see, in the Premiership anyway, are poor and capable of making massive blunders. De Gea would be the exception - an excellent shot stopper but never seems to come off his line to claim crosses. I wouldn't write off Karius or Mignolet completely, they need better coaching. There is nobody better available to buy out there at present.

Ye because Rodgers has a great record in Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

john why wrote: »
    Who hates m!ck?

Hopefully no one as he is a good poster. Even as a Liverpool fan I can see the sense in his posts. He consistently makes good points and never goes overboard with the banter.

Lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Interesting reports in the German newspaper Bild today that Karius, his girlfriend and family have received death threats after last night. Doesnt matter what happened last night no footballer nor his family should be exposed to that sh1t. He is human, knows he made vital mistakes last night and am sure is suffering enough.

Sign of great lads and real fans putting the foot in when he is down.......absolute scum of the earth all of them and definately no real LFC fans if you ask me.

• john why wrote: »
    Who hates m!ck?

I like me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

brevity wrote: »

Just went through his timeline since last night, he's not wrong about Henderson's basic basic-ness but he also seems to be a bit of a plonker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

noodler wrote: »
    Only Ramos will know for sure.

He behaviour for most of the game was despicable.

Ramos is a dirty bastard and a vile excuse for a human being, but we already knew that. I sincerely hope the **** breaks his neck while scoring a decisive own goal in the last minute of the world cup final. :D

On Karius, on a personal level I feel sorry for the guy, it was a horrible experience for him and I was gutted to see how upset he was. From a footballing perspective though he just isn't good enough and needs to move on. If anything he needs a fresh start to get his confidence back. I hope that was his last game in a Liverpool shirt.

Just went through his timeline since last night, he's not wrong about Henderson's basic basic-ness but he also seems to be a bit of a plonker.

Tell you what he is spot on though! Between 70 - 80th min last night Madrid dropped off to protect... Henderson was absolutely pathetic & that thread illustrates it clearly. That’s your captain... you look to him to drive things on!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement