Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭SM01

Is it just me or is everyone getting a constant "Our Terms of Use have changed. Please click here..." pop-up while using the mobile site that just won't go away even when you click "i agree"?

The site on Chrome is a disaster and nearly unusable and currently using Dolphin Browser but it still comes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,013 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Robertson was the player to try and take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive forward in the last 15/20 minutes.

The bloody left back not the midfielders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

SM01 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is everyone getting a constant "Our Terms of Use have changed. Please click here..." pop-up while using the mobile site that just won't go away even when you click "i agree"?

The site on Chrome is a disaster and nearly unusable and currently using Dolphin Browser but it still comes up.

Yeah I had to stop using my phone for boards today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Anyone here do Judo or Brazilian jiu-jitsu? European Judo Union have weighed in on the Salah/Ramos foul :pac:

https://twitter.com/europeanjudo/status/1000741984590553088?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Tell you what he is spot on though! Between 70 - 80th min last night Madrid dropped off to protect... Henderson was absolutely pathetic & that thread illustrates it clearly. That’s your captain... you look to him to drive things on!

Henderson is fine as either a DM stopper or as a AM runner but in between those two positions you need to know how to use the ball and that's where he is useless for most of a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,597 ✭✭✭brevity

Its not the first time someone has put something like that together and I spotted these throughout the game myself. Henderson did it against Roma as well - he doesn't have the skillset to play that position. He should be further forward as I think he has good instincts and is capable of quick one-touch football.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Really frustrating that was. If Real had beaten us through quality football, no complaints. But we practically handed into them. Great year and when you look at our squad, it was a great achievement to get there. Imagine if Bale could have been our first sub. Lallana? Lol. Looking forward and upwards with hope some good additions coming in.

Couple of points.
    What a different Naby will make to the midfield. So pedestrian last night.

And, did Salah go off too easy. Surely an injection and strap was an option or was he too concerned about the world cup. Sean McMahon would have had a chuckle

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

El festino wrote: »

And, did Salah go off too easy. Surely an injection and strap was an option or was he too concerned about the world cup. Sean McMahon would have had a chuckle

I'm having a good fking chuckle at you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

I'm having a good fking chuckle at you

I think he may have a point. Being able to play through pain is a mark of a great player and I think Salah come up short yesterday, especially seeing as it was mostly his fault in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I think he may have a point. Being able to play through pain is a mark of a great player and I think Salah come up short yesterday, especially seeing as it was mostly his fault in the first place.

Go on then give us some examples of the great players playing through pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

You can scratch Ronaldo off the great players list as he came off too easy in the Euro finals when his country needed him most

*yawn*

Maradona, Pele, Puskas, Roy Keane, Kiki Musampa, Jari Litmanen, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Johan Neeskens the list goes on and on. I am not sure why you find this hard to believe.

*yawn*

Nice counterpoint. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    You can scratch Ronaldo off the great players list as he came off too easy in the Euro finals when his country needed him most

You might want to go back and read what I wrote again. This time focus on your reading comprehension and then think about what you wrote here. TIA.

Maradona, Pele, Puskas, Roy Keane, Kiki Musampa, Jari Litmanen, Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Johan Neeskens the list goes on and on. I am not sure why you find this hard to believe.

Roy Keane :v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,334 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

dogbert27 wrote: »
    That video actually shows Ramos coming from behind and putting his arm in to interlink with Salah.

Have you never watched football before? Players tussle and challenge for the ball. That's the nature of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I thought Henderson was one of our better players last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

noodler wrote: »
    There's a "not letting go" action by Ramos as he falls which I feel was very dangerous.

Regardless of who initiated the link.

Thats the way I see it too, Ramos locks his arm in tighte during mid-fall. By the time they hit the ground Salahs arm has nowhere to move and Ramos body weight comes down on top of it.

Anyway I still cant get over the Karius stuff. I said to a mate earlier in the week that in order for Liverpool to win we need more things to go right for us on the night than Madrid do. Salah going off was the beginning of things going wrong but at 50 minutes we were still 0-0 and the game was anyones. Then Karius messes up but we get back into it within 4 minutes, credit to the team to bounce back so quick after that. 10 minutes later Bale scores his wonder goal on 64 mins to make it 2-1. But even at that point we were still in it while Madrid dropped back to defend their lead, during which time Mane hit the post. At 80 minutes I felt Liverpool would create at least one if not two more chances before the 90 was up. But then Karius blunder number two on 83 happened and that was that. It was fFrustrating that we didnt have that final 10 minutes to create even one more chance because Madrid were no great shakes at the back.

Overall it is just hugely dissappointing. I think we all knew that if we could emulate previous Champions League performances then it was there for the taking. That didnt happen and so here we are. It was a night of regrets for me.

• Advertisement

It was a night of regrets for me too. Our much vaunted attack was rendered impotent, our best player bottled the occasion and our coach was too scared to make the necessary changes.

We are still a long way off the level of Utd, City and even Spurs.

Well its 24 hours later. Still a tough one to digest. Effort can't be faulted by the team. It's seen in many games that one key moment can sink a team but in our case it was 4 (Salah going off, Karius 1, Bale wonder goal, Karius 2). Thought Mane worked his socks off last nite. Mention to Robertson as well, extraordinary saving tackle on Ronaldo. Would remind you of Carra in Istanbul.

Issue going forward: increase in squad depth. Simply has to happen. Tough though when you are up against clubs with deeper pockets.

I think you are a long way off sanity tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Having seen the ramos thing a few times, I don't think he intended to injure him but didn't care if he did. Like if it's too direct he'd get booked but that was a bit more subtle. What was worse was the elbow to the head of karius, the outcome wasn't as bad but numbers wise that's worse than pulling a guy down awkwardly, karius was just lucky and Salah unlucky. Ramos a monster cb but extremely unsavoury.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I think you are a long way off sanity tbh

How about instead of trying to insult me, you try and prove me wrong?

Oh, it's because you can't. Liverpool will be lucky to get Champions league again next year.

How about instead of trying to insult me, you try and prove me wrong?

Oh, it's because you can't. Liverpool will be lucky to get Champions league again next year.

You made the claim that we are a long way off the level of Spurs, Utd City. It is up to you to back that up. You havent done that so I can only conclude you have come on here to troll, in fact it is pretty much all you do on this thread. Im happy to be proved wrong though so away you go and show us the evidence to back up your claims....I dont think you can but sure give us all a laugh in anyways

• Advertisement

Muahahaha wrote: »
    You made the claim that we are a long way off the level of Spurs, Utd City. It is up to you to back that up. You havent done that so I can only conclude you have come on here to troll, in fact it is pretty much all you do on this thread. Im happy to be proved wrong though so away you go and show us the evidence to back up your claims....I dont think you can but sure give us all a laugh in anyways

City finished 25 points ahead of us in the league. Utd comfortably finished ahead of us and played us off the park at OT. Spurs have a much stronger squad and also finished ahead of us in the league.

Keep calling me a troll. Completely pathetic posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

It was a night of regrets for me too. Our much vaunted attack was rendered impotent, our best player bottled the occasion and our coach was too scared to make the necessary changes.

How did our best player bottle this situation? And what changes would you have liked Klopp to make given the bench at his disposal?

We are a long way off City depth wise but have beaten them three times in a row. Theres very little, if anything, between the rest of the top 4 / 5 A’s proven by the league table (which doesn’t account for the toll our European exertions took).

Basically you are either trolling or have absolutely no idea about football. I’m guessing both actually.

How did our best player bottle this situation? And what changes would you have liked Klopp to make given the bench at his disposal?

We are a long way off City depth wise but have beaten them three times in a row. Theres very little, if anything, between the rest of the top 4 / 5 A’s proven by the league table (which doesn’t account for the toll our European exertions took).

Basically you are either trolling or have absolutely no idea about football. I’m guessing both actually.

Another 'I don't agree with you/Can't beat your arguement so I will call you a troll, mentally ill or stupid' post.

City were the better team in both legs of the 1/4 final. I don't even see how that's up for debate. I've even seen a lot of people on here (soccer forum as a whole) express the same view. Our entire cup run was extremely lucky and I'm sure most rational people would agree. There seems to be a a group delusion about the strength of Liverpool in this thread. Anyone that questions this is subject to ridicule by the group. Well I am not scared of any of you, for I am armed with valid reasoning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I will not be called out on the stupid sh!t I post bullied.

Turtyturd wrote: »

More of the same.

It is bullying, but I won't back down from it. I am not scared of you Turtyturd, not one bit.

• Advertisement

Can i see some of the reasoning then for City being the better team in the quarter finals because that seems contrary to my reading of the two games and everything I've read. I mean I'd go so far as to say it's a ludicrous statement, Liverpool steamrolled City in those two matches. Even weighing up referee mistakes, it was all Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

More of the same.

It is bullying, but I won't back down from it. I am not scared of you Turtyturd, not one bit.

Do you enjoy supporting Liverpool at all?

Can i see some of the reasoning then for City being the better team in the quarter finals because that seems contrary to my reading of the two games and everything I've read. I mean I'd go so far as to say it's a ludicrous statement, Liverpool steamrolled City in those two matches. Even weighing up referee mistakes, it was all Liverpool.

They were miles better in the second half of the first leg. Liverpool were very lucky not to concede an away goal. The first 20 minutes of the 2nd leg we were torn to shreds. We took our chances well but that's about it, far from as complete performance.

naughtb4 wrote: »

Of course I do. I've had some great memories down the years.

naughtb4 wrote: »

You’re asking the wrong question bullying him.

You’re asking the wrong question bullying him.

No he's not. He's just acting and posting like a normal person. Which seems to be something you cannot bring yourself do. I actually feel pity for you.

You will not pity me for I am armed with the ability to see your posts in their natural state.

You will not pity me for I am armed with the ability to see your posts in their natural state.

I cannot understand you.

I do pity you though.

They were miles better in the second half of the first leg. Liverpool were very lucky not to concede an away goal. The first 20 minutes of the 2nd leg we were torn to shreds. We took our chances well but that's about it, far from as complete performance.

Just no. They had periods of good pressure that Liverpool weathered well but for the most part Liverpool blitzed City and they couldn't live with it. The scoreline reflects my take too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,542 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jaysus, that's probably the dumbest thing I've read in this cluster**** of a thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,542 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Jesus, but I hadn't seen this.

You just outdid yourself.

Where have the mods been for the last 36 hours??

The amount of crap that has been posted here since Saturday that has gone unchecked to deliberately antagonize emotionally charged Liverpool supporters is ridiculous.

Actually there was one mod who themselves came to antagonize!

I cannot understand you.

Your posts make it seem like you’ve a tough time understanding football. A complex, multifaceted individual like myself would obviously be a step too far.

I do pity you though.

I will stand tall in the face of this personal attack.

Your posts make it seem like you’ve a tough time understanding football. A complex, multifaceted individual like myself would obviously be a step too far.

I will stand tall in the face of this personal attack.

It was not a personal attack. I would never stoop to your level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

shaunr68 wrote: »
    Ramos is a dirty bastard and a vile excuse for a human being, but we already knew that. I sincerely hope the **** breaks his neck while scoring a decisive own goal in the last minute of the world cup final. :D

On Karius, on a personal level I feel sorry for the guy, it was a horrible experience for him and I was gutted to see how upset he was. From a footballing perspective though he just isn't good enough and needs to move on. If anything he needs a fresh start to get his confidence back. I hope that was his last game in a Liverpool shirt.

Ramos has done everything.....don't think even him having a sh1t world cup would give me satisfaction. He's won it already ffs !

Where have the mods been for the last 36 hours??

The amount of crap that has been posted here since Saturday that has gone unchecked to deliberately antagonize emotionally charged Liverpool supporters is ridiculous.

Actually there was one mod who themselves came to antagonize!

If you are talking about me. I have NEVER broken the charter. I have been vilified by the regulars around here, but I am still here, still posting in the face of this heinous campaign against me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Another 'I don't agree with you/Can't beat your arguement so I will call you a troll, mentally ill or stupid' post.

City were the better team in both legs of the 1/4 final. I don't even see how that's up for debate. I've even seen a lot of people on here (soccer forum as a whole) express the same view. Our entire cup run was extremely lucky and I'm sure most rational people would agree. There seems to be a a group delusion about the strength of Liverpool in this thread. Anyone that questions this is subject to ridicule by the group. Well I am not scared of any of you, for I am armed with valid reasoning.

How the actual hell were City the better team over the two legs when we won 5-1? We destroyed them in Anfield and didn't give them a sniff after they scored in the Ethiad.

If you are talking about me. I have NEVER broken the charter. I have been vilified by the regulars around here, but I am still here, still posting in the face of this heinous campaign against me.

You have been warned in the past about your posting.

Your posts are passive aggressive with the intent to get a reaction. When you get a reaction you play the victim card.

Say that others are bullying you or abusive towards you and then making the claim that you're the bigger person and will not back down.

But my original post was not just about you. There has been more annoying posts here over the last 36 hours.

You have been warned in the past about your posting.

Your posts are passive aggressive with the intent to get a reaction. When you get a reaction you play the victim card.

Say that others are bullying you or abusive towards you and then making the claim that you're the bigger person and will not back down.

But my original post was not just about you. There has been more annoying posts here over the last 36 hours.

Are you a mod? I was warned once, 6 months ago. Much worse has gone on around here yet you single me out here.

You don't know anything about me or my intent when posting. People are vilifying me: fact. I am standing up to them: fact. I am the bigger person: fact. My actions have shown this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Of course I do. I've had some great memories down the years.

and do you not see green shoots at the moment?

I think squad depth is a bit of an issue, but this year has been so enjoyable with loads of great memories formed. We rode our luck against City first half second leg but Madrid have had large slices in each knock out game to date it happens.

Klopp has put the fun back into supporting the club, with a bunch of players you can get behind, and with some future investment gives us something to really build on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement