Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

TitianGerm wrote: »
    How the actual hell were City the better team over the two legs when we won 5-1? We destroyed them in Anfield and didn't give them a sniff after they scored in the Ethiad.

Ah we did now, they were pretty brilliant in the first half, had a goal wrongfully disallowed and hit the post

We still deserved to go through but I think it was a closer game than a 5-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

naughtb4 wrote: »
    and do you not see green shoots at the moment?

I think squad depth is a bit of an issue, but this year has been so enjoyable with loads of great memories formed. We rode our luck against City first half second leg but Madrid have had large slices in each knock out game to date it happens.

Klopp has put the fun back into supporting the club, with a bunch of players you can get behind, and with some future investment gives us something to really build on

I can see the positives for sure. This summers transfer window will be crucial. We need to replace all three starting midfielders. I would like to see us put in a bid for Rashford too if Bale goes to Utd.

I can see the positives for sure. This summers transfer window will be crucial. We need to replace all three starting midfielders. I would like to see us put in a bid for Rashford too if Bale goes to Utd.

Not a Rashford fan at all - for the money/effort required, i think he is at his ceiling (or close to it)

I do agree that this summer will be crucial, but if we wanted a game that highlights the problems with this team then the final was that.

I trust in the manager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,450 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Why would we buy Rashford? He's not good enough to start for us, he'd cost over £70m, there's better value out there and no way would United even consider selling him to Liverpool.

Honestly one of the things I am most happiest with is Robertsons development. He's being fantastic since getting his chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Mother of fcuk, some lads just love misery and acting superior in their posting.

Gway ta fcuk ye are as transparent as can be.

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Why would we buy Rashford? He's not good enough to start for us, he'd cost over £70m, there's better value out there and no way would United even consider selling him to Liverpool.

I rate Rashford higher than Firmino. I know a lot of people disagree but I think he's not hit his ceiling yet and would come on in leaps and bounds under a manager like Klopp.

Mother of fcuk, some lads just love misery and acting superior in their posting.

Gway ta fcuk ye are as transparent as can be.

Another one. You don't like my posting so you insinuate I am a troll. I am going NOWHERE.

I rate Rashford higher than Firmino. I know a lot of people disagree but I think he's not hit his ceiling yet and would come on in leaps and bounds under a manager like Klopp.

than Firmino :confused: wow!

I think he is more likely to play for Everton in the next five years than move to the next level. Of the two, Martial is the bigger prospect. But anyways, wrong thread.

Keita is coming, he will make a massive difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

**** that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Are we allowed to move past the ****storm of the past few days and be optimistic for the future again yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Are you a mod? No. Fact.

I was warned once, 6 months ago. Yes. Fact.

Much worse has gone on around here, Maybe. Your opinion.

yet you single me out here. No. Fact. It's in the line "it's not just you".

You don't know anything about me Yes. Fact. It could also be said that you know nothing of the poster that you called ridiculous, morally wrong and having a damaged mind last night. Fact.

or my intent when posting. I believe I do when I read:

"It's a clear foul on Ramos by Salah. It was unfortunate what happened but if you lean into a player like that, you can end up getting tangled like he did. It was his aggression that caused this, nothing else."

or

"I don't think it's in question that Pardew is a better manager than Benitez, that should be obvious for most. I just feel like it's a case of sour grapes at this point, best not to even bother with these plebs."

People are vilifying me: fact. No more than you vilifying others. Fact.

I am standing up to them: fact. I think you've been watching too much WWE.

I am the bigger person: fact. Your opinion.

My actions have shown this. Your opinion

See my response

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

the whole last week was magic, pity about the result. Feel bad for Karius but don't think he's the solution to our goalkeeping problem. Last thing I remember about the game was Salah going off, really deflated me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,579 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Didn’t post all weekend as I went to the pub for the match and spent yesterday in recovery from the hangover and the match.

Bloody hell been some crazy posts in here.

Certain fans/posters are triumphant and gloating but that is to be expected. Let them think they are superior now but they fail to realise it was Liverpool who got to the CL final not Utd. If their season’s success is judged by another team losing a CL final, it shows how little they have achieved.

They can go on about Klopp losing 6 finals but a final is a one-off game and no manager should be judged on that. Losing finals to Man City, Bayern Munich , Sevilla and Real Madrid is nothing to be ashamed of.

As for the match, game was turned with Salah going off. Liverpool were deflated and Madrid were lifted. Give out about Ramos all you want but he was very clever. He deliberately fouled Salah, but I don’ think he’d have intended to injure him like he did.
    Truth is, we’d love to have him in our team. He’s a winner and our team is probably lacking that sort of street-wise mettle.
    Hopefully we get a bit of that with Keita coming in.

No idea what Karius was thinking for the first goal and I really felt sorry for him at the end as a person. I think his Liverpool career maybe reduced now but I genuinely felt awful for him.

Despite what opposition fans think, we should be proud of our achievement this season. 2nd year in a row of CL qualification and reaching the final is a great achievement. Don’t forget it’s only Klopp’s 2nd full season.

Klopp got everything right on Saturday. Luck went against him as did having a poor bench. However, the omens are good for the future and we’re still a work in progress and I believe we’re in a very strong position to improve and challenge for honours in the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ardent wrote: »
    Sorry but that's horse****. He is a calamity waiting to happen - lots of recent examples like flapping at crosses and almost getting sent off against City in the quarters (he was blessed the linesman incorrectly ruled their penalty shout offside). He is no better than Mig, and arguably worse.

I see you're familiar with horseshít yet you said the part in bold. Congrats, you played yourself.

Every keeper flaps at crosses now and then, there isn't a single one that doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

Klopp seemed to blank Mignolet on the pitch when he was consoling players after the game so i could see us retaining Karius as a back up and shipping out Mignolet

To be fair we've never seen Mig play with Virgil in front of him. I reckon Mig is defo not worse than Karius and quite likely better. Karius makes disasters out of nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,539 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I think Mig is better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,579 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Augeo wrote: »
    To be fair we've never seen Mig play with Virgil in front of him. I reckon Mig is defo not worse than Karius and quite likely better. Karius makes disasters out of nothing.
    noodler wrote: »
    I think Mig is better.

Easy to say that after Saturday.

Karius has been decent enough in other games and Mignolet has had his chance.

Klopp had to make a decision and stick with it.

Hopefully we get a new keeper in the summer.

noodler wrote: »
    I think Mig is better.

Not for me, Mig lets in a few of the efforts Karius saved on Saturday, and definitely isnt as fast off his line for the Isco miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Even after the other night Karius > Mignolet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Augeo wrote: »

The 3-2 loss to West Brom in the FA Cup although I understand if like many you have deleted that game from memory!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,539 ✭✭✭✭noodler

murpho999 wrote: »
    Easy to say that after Saturday.

Karius has been decent enough in other games and Mignolet has had his chance.

Klopp had to make a decision and stick with it.

Hopefully we get a new keeper in the summer.

I've been fairly consistent.

Seen Mig play for years and contribute.

Edit: New keeper needed tho. Obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Burnley have 2 better keepers than either of our two lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,720 ✭✭✭firemansam4

If you are talking about me. I have NEVER broken the charter. I have been vilified by the regulars around here, but I am still here, still posting in the face of this heinous campaign against me.

Are you a mod? I was warned once, 6 months ago. Much worse has gone on around here yet you single me out here.

You don't know anything about me or my intent when posting. People are vilifying me: fact. I am standing up to them: fact. I am the bigger person: fact. My actions have shown this.

I very rarely post in here, im more of a lurker. But your posts are some of the most ridiculous I have seen posted in here by liverpool fan.

I dont know you as a person and would not want to attack you personally in any way, but your posts are the kind of stuff you expect to see from a rival fan trolling very badly (and im not trying to insinuate that you are trolling at all)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

gimli2112 wrote: »
    the whole last week was magic, pity about the result. Feel bad for Karius but don't think he's the solution to our goalkeeping problem. Last thing I remember about the game was Salah going off, really deflated me.

The whole season was magic. Genuinely excited before every game regardless of competition, we were really fun to watch and scored a hell of a lot of goals, most ever in the Champions League with 3 separate players getting double-digits (and same in PL)

Glad we have a couple of months to recover. As long as we keep hold of our front 3, which we're very likely to, and bring in a keeper and some other players like Fekir to go along with Keita, which we are likely to, then you can't help but look forward to next season.

This year gave us way more highs than lows. I thoroughly enjoyed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,641 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

No, just no, Firmino is a much better all round player who is still only 26, so has room to improve more, imo he’s the player that makes Liverpool tick. And that’s coming from an Utd fan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

astradave wrote: »
    No, just no, Firmino is a much better all round player who is still only 26, so has room to improve more, imo he’s the player that makes Liverpool tick. And that’s coming from an Utd fan

This. Though I do find that Firmino can get away with his quiet games a bit more than other strikers at top teams but when you have someone scoring 30 odd league goals beside you it's probably ok :p

His overall play is great to watch. His engine is what makes Liverpool's style of play so devastating at times. In the middle he helps greatly with the suffocating of the opposition as they try to play it out.

In comparison to Rashford though he's miles ahead. Rashford did have that game a few months ago against Liverpool where he was fantastic so that may have clouded the OPs view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Karius will be kept.

Mingleot and Ward will be moved on.

Alisson or Oblak will be the number 1 target would be my guess and the club won't be afraid to spend big to try and get either and Karius will be kept as the number 2 if either is signed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,885 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think its clear that we need a another one or possible two front players with pace,
    We need pace off Bobby for the system to work . defenders have to dropped off and it allows Bobby space to play , If they don't drop off we get in behind them ,
    Once Salah went off Madrid pushed up and only had to worry about Mane, 
    As fantastic as this year was I think the final came a season or 2 to early for our squad, We just don't have a enough quality to cover the first 11 , But its a huge achievement and we will only get better ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,420 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Where have the mods been for the last 36 hours??

The amount of crap that has been posted here since Saturday that has gone unchecked to deliberately antagonize emotionally charged Liverpool supporters is ridiculous.

Actually there was one mod who themselves came to antagonize!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057876396

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Karius will be kept.

Mingleot and Ward will be moved on.

Alisson or Oblak will be the number 1 target would be my guess and the club won't be afraid to spend big to try and get either and Karius will be kept as the number 2 if either is signed.

I agree Mignolet will be out the door, and Oblak would be a brilliant signing but do you think Ward will be sold off?

I know he and Karius are the same age but it wasn't so long ago Liverpool tied Ward to a long term deal. Think he's got another 3 years left on the contract. Klopp this year has also talked him up a lot recently about working with his potential, and their reluctance to loan him out so Klopp could work with him.

Could be wrong obviously but always expected Ward to be given more chances starting, surprised he's only gotten 2. Maybe they will sell him but if they are to let him go I think it could be a loan deal to a Championship side with an option to buy tied in.

Just on Karius,
    They guy baffles me , forget about the second goal for a minute as I think the first makes him so nervous he messes up the second .

So the first goal , its something you don't see even keepers who are worse than him do ,
    His concentration levels are truly shocking, when he has the ball , Iv never seen a top class keeper be so poor with the ball under no pressure,
    It' not a one off, remember he kicked the ball out for a corner v Arsenal when no one was near him ,Also that game he had 3 back passes he took so long over Welbeck nearly got 3 of them ,
    Also last game v Brighton he let a pass back roll under his foot when no one was near him , No one will remember that one as he was half way out the box so it didn't matter, He is doing weird stuff and getting away with it all season ,
    His concentration when he is under no pressure is just bizarre,
     Every keeper makes mistake saving shots it happens, but has anyone ever seen a keeper so bad when not under pressure ,?

I think its clear that we need a another one or possible two front players with pace,
    We need pace off Bobby for the system to work . defenders have to dropped off and it allows Bobby space to play , If they don't drop off we get in behind them ,
    As fantastic as this year was I think the final came a season or 2 to early for our squad, We just don't have a enough quality to cover the first 11 , But its a huge achievement and we will only get better ,

We didn't have the money to or the need to have a big squad in previous seasons. With two successive CL campaigns guaranteed we now have the money and the need to have a bigger squad to help compete on all fronts. I can only see things improve.and its getting to the stage now where klopp can target domestic cups without it hindering the two main competitions. You will get comparisons to other clubs but its not a like for like comparison so ignore it. Klopp has had to build the club back up and generate his own money to help do it. Without qualifying for the CL in the first place this isn't possible. Regular CL campaigns is what the club needed to get the prestige back now its time to start targeting trophies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

On the keeper situation, I’d buy in a clear No1 - hopefully Oblak but I wouldn’t say no to Allison.

I’d play the new keeper every game - none of this Cup Keeper BS.

Like most I’d sell Mignolet, but I’d actually keep Ward and use him as the back up keeper for 6 months. This allows Karius to go on loan to try rebuild his confidence. He needs to play to do this, and I certainly don’t want him doing it as Liverpool’s first choice!

If he performs well on loan, bring him back as No 2 after Christmas - if not buy a solid backup - maybe Fabianski if he is still at Swansea and they don’t look like coming back up.

• Advertisement

We didn't have the money to or the need to have a big squad in previous seasons. With two successive CL campaigns guaranteed we now have the money and the need to have a bigger squad to help compete on all fronts. I can only see things improve.and its getting to the stage now where klopp can target domestic cups without it hindering the two main competitions. You will get comparisons to other clubs but its not a like for like comparison so ignore it. Klopp has had to build the club back up and generate his own money to help do it. Without qualifying for the CL in the first place this isn't possible.  Regular CL campaigns is what the club needed to get the prestige back now its time to start targeting trophies.
    I 100% we are building something great ,the worry is that we mange to win something before the vultures (barca, Real ) come calling again .,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭Thud

Benimar wrote: »
    On the keeper situation, I’d buy in a clear No1 - hopefully Oblak but I wouldn’t say no to Allison.

I’d play the new keeper every game - none of this Cup Keeper BS.

Like most I’d sell Mignolet, but I’d actually keep Ward and use him as the back up keeper for 6 months. This allows Karius to go on loan to try rebuild his confidence. He needs to play to do this, and I certainly don’t want him doing it as Liverpool’s first choice!

If he performs well on loan, bring him back as No 2 after Christmas - if not buy a solid backup - maybe Fabianski if he is still at Swansea and they don’t look like coming back up.

Bogdan is still on the books too, was on the pitch after the final whistle..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

MOIST and the people who disagree with him get this thread back on track without any more of your rubbish and stop the petty bickering or all involved will sit out some portion of the World Cup.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Playing on the biggest stage in club football, you need to have your head screwed on. Karius didn't.

Although, to his credit he did make some good saves in the game, but he tries to distribute the ball quickly all the time and just can't do it properly yet.
    And if a ball is coming at you, and moving, as a GK, you just get a strong hand to it. He couldn't do this, this is the basics of goalkeeping.
    I do feel somewhat sorry for him, he's been improving, but not polished enough for a game of that magnitude.
    He also didn't deserve an elbow to the face though from Ramos.

A few things about the game.
    I think we played too much of the pitch and it killed a few of our players.
    We were wide on both sides and getting up to the by line alot in the first half. Real conserved themselves much better.

In the run up to the coming together of Salah and Ramos, it came from a throw in, it should have been a Real throw in but was given to us. Not alarmed about it, just an unfortunate series of events.

The only thing to do now is look forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I really don't know what Klopp is going to do. In the past he's shown that he's willing to double down and back players that have had a mare. This would be the most high profile example of it ever, as those were the worst mistakes you will ever see in a Champions League final - ever.

Mignolet - he gave him a new 5 year contract in January 2016 to show him that he backed him. Since then Migs has let him down a few too many times and he'll be leaving this summer.

Moreno - he put Milner in his position and took him out of the spotlight after the Europa League loss. Trained him up and then this season he was performing well and showing a great understanding with Mane, up until injury meant he lost his spot to Robertson.

This would be the second time he'd need to publicly back Karius after the nonsense with Neville/Carra last season. Plus the rumours were already swirling about Alisson before the CL final.

We've seen with the VVD upgrade what a difference it can make to bring in someone that is world class. We turned a corner once we brought him in. Look at the league goals conceded since 1 January:

Utd 14
    City 15
    Liverpool 15
    Spurs 18
    Chelsea 24
    Arsenal 28

To add a top keeper into that defense now could be the last upgrade we need to concede less than 30 goals in a season. The last time we did that was 08-09. It's the difference between challenging for the title and scrapping for 4th.

• Advertisement

I 100% we are building something great ,the worry is that we mange to win something before the vultures (barca, Real ) come calling again .,

I don't think they can afford Salah ............ he's a £200m player now.
    I don't think they'd bid for any of our other players.

I think Karius can't start next season, but it might be prudent to keep him around the club and look to rebuild him in the background through coaching, mentor-ship and cup games. We've seen enough of Mignolet, he has qualities but can't be depended upon. But we can reach that conclusion on a 30 year old after a large sample of games. Karius is at an early point in his career, he could improve over time.

Its them coming for klopp that I'd be most worried about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Right, so moving on...

Are we happy now with our defensive options? Lovren has looked MUCH better next to VVD, Matip and Gomes to return, and Klavan will serve one more year I reckon before moving to play more regularly. RB is well looked after, and I'd say LB as well as Moreno seems happy to play occasionally, and that works for us. But actually, I'd take Luke Shaw if he was available! One year left on his deal at United, I reckon Klopp would fix him up...

For midfield, Keita in for Can out is an improvement, but we are missing creativity in the attacking third without Ox. Milner is great as utility and gets assists, but we are not about to build around him. Hendo and Wijnaldum sit too deep too often. So I'd like a true attacking CM, like Milinković-Savić - a big dominant guy who gets goals.

For attack, our first 3 remain, but we need two better options in reserve. Origi and Sturridge will leave, I think Solanke will go on loan, and maybe Ings leaves too for regular football. So maybe Zaha and Meyer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think Karius can't start next season, but it might be prudent to keep him around the club and look to rebuild him in the background through coaching, mentor-ship and cup games. We've seen enough of Mignolet, he has qualities but can't be depended upon. But we can reach that conclusion on a 30 year old after a large sample of games. Karius is at an early point in his career, he could improve over time.
    Keeping him around the club is the only option here for him as well. Take a back seat and get some distance between him and the errors. Amazing what a year does to help people forget and build a bit more confidence. Have to feel for him. He's human at the end of the day and he has just had his most embarrassing moment played out in front of hundreds of millions of people and had to stand out there in the most lonely position on the pitch with nothing but his thoughts. Grim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,450 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dickerty wrote: »
    Right, so moving on...

Are we happy now with our defensive options? Lovren has looked MUCH better next to VVD, Matip and Gomes to return, and Klavan will serve one more year I reckon before moving to play more regularly. RB is well looked after, and I'd say LB as well as Moreno seems happy to play occasionally, and that works for us. But actually, I'd take Luke Shaw if he was available! One year left on his deal at United, I reckon Klopp would fix him up...

For midfield, Keita in for Can out is an improvement, but we are missing creativity in the attacking third without Ox. Milner is great as utility and gets assists, but we are not about to build around him. Hendo and Wijnaldum sit too deep too often. So I'd like a true attacking CM, like Milinković-Savić - a big dominant guy who gets goals.

For attack, our first 3 remain, but we need two better options in reserve. Origi and Sturridge will leave, I think Solanke will go on loan, and maybe Ings leaves too for regular football. So maybe Zaha and Meyer?

If we can get someone better for CB that would not be so expensive that we had to miss out on a CM or WF I'm all for it. Lovern has improved and if he can keep his concentration I'd be happy for him to start next season.

Keeping him around the club is the only option here for him as well. Take a back seat and get some distance between him and the errors. Amazing what a year does to help people forget and build a bit more confidence. Have to feel for him. He's human at the end of the day and he has just had his most embarrassing moment played out in front of hundreds of millions of people and had to stand out there in the most lonely position on the pitch with nothing but his thoughts. Grim.

I played sport at a high level when I was younger as a goalkeeper. I have no doubt that he's having the worst time of his life the past 36 hours. It's very very lonely. The Bale mistake was no different to someone misplacing a pass in midfield under no pressure with a teammate in acres of space. And that happened on both sides numerous times on Saturday. Unfortunately as a goalkeeper you can't make that mistake.

I think Klopp will have the personal compassion to keep him at the club and give him another chance over time, but we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pep Lijnders was in Kiev and the club are ready to offer him a job on the coaching staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Re transfers, I think Fekir will be the new attacking option myself. Keita as the box to box and someone in for controller.

Edit, gazetta linking khiedra today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

I think Klopp has a few things to address over the summer....Squad depth needs to be improved, but also, some experienced heads need to be purchased. With the exception of Milner, we have no title winners in our squad......Im open to correction on that.

Klopp has lost 6 finals in a row......on average we should have won 3 of them....when Salah went off, we had nobody to calm everything down, and reassure the players....no leaders....no Carraghers, no Gerrards, no Hamann....no experience.

At the beginning of the season, I would have bitten your hand off for top 4 and a good run in Europe.....its not a blame game, but as they say you learn more in defeat than in victory.

Re Karius, I really feel for the guy.....an arm round the shoulder is all well and good from Klopp, but we need more experience in the position.....for me Klopp has 2 choices here, keep Karius as No 1 BUT bring in an experience keeper as a No 2 who can push him and improve him.....someone like Reina perhaps....or go out and sign Oblak or Allisson........Butland for me is not the answer

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement