Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I'd keep Karius as number 2, he's not a bad keeper but has too many mistakes in him. He did have the most clean sheets in the CL this season.

Loan Ward out maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Mig is deffo a goner, it would be hard to imagine both keepers leaving. I suppose New + Ward is possible, just seems unlikely.

I think Mig was gone once he was dropped and was told so. I say it is up to Karius himself what he wants to do. He has the best manager to look after him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

TitianGerm wrote: »
    There finals with Liverpool.

Sevilla in the Europa League who were going for three in a row.

City in the Carling Cup where we lost on penalties.

Real last weekend, Real going for 4 in the last five was it?

We were probably underdogs in all of those, especially against Sevilla and Real who both were experts at winning those respective Cups.

Were getting there and at least having a chance at winning.

I dont disagree.....I just feel that experience would have been invaluable when Salah went off, to reassure.....instead we lost all confidence, which cost us....we were flying, and that let Real back into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭fatherted1969

Klopp seems to be a decent man, an arm around shoulder type on manager who improves players by putting his faith (misguided imo in some players) completely in them and instilling 100% effort from them for the team. That being said I think it's a little bit of weakness in Klopp.

Some players just don't deserve that, Moreno being a recent enough example of one. I wouldn't be one bit surprised to see Karius as Liverpool no 1 next season. It took all of last season and the first 7 or 8 games this season to work Moreno out of the 11. Robertson was excellent last season and it took him ages to oust Moreno as first choice full back.

At this point Klopp has had 3 seasons and optimism has to be parked for expectation for the team. Top 4 can't be a measure of a successful season going forward surely ? Anyway that's my two cents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'd take klopp over any other manager for the next decade tbh. We have a real identity and are a force again in Europe. After only 3 seasons.

The guys fantastic Imo. He will win stuff with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

GK - Mignolet out. New keeper in and Karius stays
    RB - Nothing
    CB - Matip out, new CB in to challenge Lovren for spot beside VVD. Klaven can stay as the emergency CB with Gomez being tried at CB when possible.
    RB - Nothing
    CM - Can out, Keita and one more in please. Our CM's are all good solid CM's, capable of great games but you'll get more 6/10 games than 9/10 over a season. I think they are all fanastic 3rd-6th CM spot options. Another year on Milner's legs, Henderson can't play a full season with out picking up injuries, Gini can be in and out of form and Ox out until after the season starts
    Attacking players - two new in

That's six new players, probably one or two more signings than we'll see but it's what I think we need to add another 15 pts to our league total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fromvert wrote: »
    GK - Mignolet out. New keeper in and Karius stays
    RB - Nothing
    CB - Matip out, new CB in to challenge Lovren for spot beside VVD. Klaven can stay as the emergency CB with Gomez being tried at CB when possible.
    RB - Nothing
    CM - Can out, Keita and one more in please. Our CM's are all good solid CM's, capable of great games but you'll get more 6/10 games than 9/10 over a season. I think they are all fanastic 3rd-6th CM spot options. Another year on Milner's legs, Henderson can't play a full season with out picking up injuries, Gini can be in and out of form and Ox out until after the season starts
    Attacking players - two new in

That's six new players, probably one or two more signings than we'll see but it's what I think we need to add another 15 pts to our league total.

Should we address the issue at right back?

Fekir starts for France tonight.

mosstin wrote: »

There's no issue for me. We have a potential star of a RB there that played too many games this year and is 19. You'd hope Clyne will be fitter next year and Trent can have some pressure relieved and rest throughout the season..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I think between Clyne and TAA we should be ok there address the other area's first.

• Advertisement

We lost that final due to weaknesses we are all aware of, CM not really being able to dominate a game and hold possession so we can get up the field for a sustained period when we need it and our keepers being weak.

Thought the defenders were all fine to really good. Gini our best midfielder with Henderson and Milner not doing enough. Firmino being pretty poor and Lallana wasn't involved in the game at all. Mane was very good as well.

Was heartbreaking giving up two goals like that but we move on and hopefully are stronger next year with more goals from our bench and midfield required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Lots to catch up with when home by the looks of things

Fromvert wrote: »
    There's no issue for me. We have a potential star of a RB there that played too many games this year and is 19. You'd hope Clyne will be fitter next year and Trent can have some pressure relieved and rest throughout the season..
    I think between Clyne and TAA we should be ok there address the other area's first.

Sorry lads, wasn't being serious. We're well set there with Gomez an option also. We do need another LB though.

Seems we are in talks with Monaco for Fabinho today.

A €50m bid plus add-ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Robertson is proof you don't need to spend a fortune to get a brilliant player in. Our 2 best players this season are new additions, Mo & Robo, a total spend of around £45 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I think he may have a point. Being able to play through pain is a mark of a great player and I think Salah come up short yesterday, especially seeing as it was mostly his fault in the first place.

This lad was watching Pele in Escape to Victory before the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

This is neither the feedback thread nor a thread to air grievances about recent events. If you have an issue mail a CMod or raise a thread in feedback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Fabinho done deal according to some sources.

Pinch of salt but exciting if true.

Umaro wrote: »
    Fabinho done deal according to some sources.

Pinch of salt but exciting if true.

Not if Joyce is tweeting about it. Get in FSG!

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1001176341579010049

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Brillant signing.

Looks nearly done. Fabinho & Keita 2 huge upgrades in midfield.

Suprised the fee is only 40m considering what Mendy went for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Not if Joyce is tweeting about it. Get in FSG!

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/1001176341579010049

He’s actually a better RB, says all the time that’s where he sees his future, though would be an instant upgrade on your midfield. Bouhafsi is reporting that there is negotiations, also say that 2 other teams are in contact but not that far into discussions, United and I think City.. can’t see City going for him as they have Walker at RB and are looking at Jorginho, and United pretty much have Fred done and dusted for the DM/CM role. Could only see United go for him now if he was to be RB for us, but even then we are linked to Sidibe & Vrsaljko there.. be a superb signing for whoever he signs for..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,592 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

MD1990 wrote: »
    Brillant signing.

Looks nearly done. Fabinho & Keita 2 huge upgrades in midfield.

Suprised the fee is only 40m considering what Mendy went for.

The decent French media are reporting that he should go for €55m + 5m bonus, which is still a bargain imho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Get in :)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/28/liverpool-agree-437m-fee-fabinho-monaco/

Jason Burt, chief football correspondent
    28 MAY 2018 • 8:08PM
    Liverpool have agreed a fee of up to €50million (£43.7millon) to buy midfielder Fabinho from Monaco.

The 24-year-old Brazilian is likely to replace Emre Can and play the ‘number six’ role in Jurgen Klopp’s team.

Fabinho has been wanted by a host of Europe’s leading clubs, and has previously been linked with moves by Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United, but it is Liverpool who have agreed the deal having made an initial inquiry last year.

The fee will be €45million plus a further €5million maximum in add-ons for Fabinho who is set to become part of a re-built of Liverpool’s midfield which also includes the agreed signing of Naby Keita from RB Leipzig.

Monaco resisted attempts to sign Fabinho...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Could't have asked for a better realistic midfield signing if it as appears Fabinho does join.

More suited to our style of play than Jorginho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Great bit of business

• Advertisement

Well now if that does go through there is two new midfielders in the starting three next season and if Fekir joins that makes three.

That is the kind of overhaul the midfield needs.

Henderson, Milner, Ox and Gini would be great squad players to add to those three.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Robertson is proof you don't need to spend a fortune to get a brilliant player in. Our 2 best players this season are new additions, Mo & Robo, a total spend of around £45 million.

For what he did when he came here Ox could be in there also. Fekir playing against Ireland tonight

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

They are 2 fantastic additions to our midfield and more importantly, 2 first team players!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Get in :)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/28/liverpool-agree-437m-fee-fabinho-monaco/

Jason Burt, chief football correspondent
    28 MAY 2018 • 8:08PM
    Liverpool have agreed a fee of up to €50million (£43.7millon) to buy midfielder Fabinho from Monaco.

The 24-year-old Brazilian is likely to replace Emre Can and play the ‘number six’ role in Jurgen Klopp’s team.

Fabinho has been wanted by a host of Europe’s leading clubs, and has previously been linked with moves by Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United, but it is Liverpool who have agreed the deal having made an initial inquiry last year.

The fee will be €45million plus a further €5million maximum in add-ons for Fabinho who is set to become part of a re-built of Liverpool’s midfield which also includes the agreed signing of Naby Keita from RB Leipzig.

Monaco resisted attempts to sign Fabinho...

I've never heard of him. Haven't been keeping checking on European football as much as before but judging by all the fuss being made here, he must be decent.

Makes me feel slightly happier about losing that beuatoful specimen in Emre Can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bbc reporting it now too

Fantastic pace of the signing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,248 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Vicxas wrote: »
    Bbc reporting it now too

Fantastic pace of the signing

How fast was it :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

wow wasnt expecting that , Our nidfeild has gone from workman like to world class ,
    Keita , Fabinho are unreal ,
    Will we bother goimg for Fekir now ?
    If we do surely someone will leave ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

wow wasnt expecting that , Our nidfeild has gone from workman like to world class ,
    Keita , Fabinho are unreal ,
    Will we bother goimg for Fekir now ?
    If we do surely someone will leave ?

Yeah, Can, Coutinho, maybe Milner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Dirty Fekir!!

Sign him up!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Fekir with a goal for France

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I think lfc ambition in this window may surprise a lot of people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Wow, Fabinho signing has kind of come out of no where and I'm delighted with that one if it goes through!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Holy crap, I'm off to Red Cafe, they'll just hate this news.

BTW hats off to the club (and everyone else) for not blabbing about this. I'm still not used to these "shock" signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Commentator said the Irish goalie had a Karius moment, looks like this will become a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Holy crap, that's a lovely surprise to come in here and see we've signed Fabinho!

Back to front

GK
    Fabinho
    Keita
    Fekir (he just scored for France with a strong shot that got Kariused)
    Attacker

Heaven! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Holy crap, I'm off to Red Cafe, they'll just hate this news.

BTW hats off to the club (and everyone else) for not blabbing about this. I'm still not used to these "shock" signings

Expect better from you Harry.

You should know by now they didn’t want him anyway.

I've seen a bit of him before and it's really easy to see him fitting in so well.
    Big, strong, mobile and loves a tackle and links well going foward. He'll also add more of a height advantage at corners. Impressive signing, hopefully it pans out without any issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Christ thats the quickest one I've seen :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjVW03TFuHX/?hl=en

Not a signing until the lean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Fieldog wrote: »
    Christ thats the quickest one I've seen :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjVW03TFuHX/?hl=en

Wow, that was quick - is this the new 'leaning against something in Melwood' now?
    Great news - perfect timing and pick-me-up after the weekend and be nice for Fun Bobby to have a mate from his oul sod...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Who's this fabulousinio you are all talking about..

• Advertisement

Nice, fast and didn't even see us linked with him before an hour ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement