Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Moist Bread

murpho999 wrote: »
    Obligatory first time jersey on video.

I do not like these sorts of videos. They really must stop.

I think after losing the final the club need to make a statement before the World Cup starts.

One if not two major signings announced in the next week 10 days would give everyone a lift especially the fans.

Done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just don't look at them then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Do you actually like anything LFC related?

Or do you just like giving out?

:P

I suppose we need these types of video's for the likes of me, sitting in Liverpool airport with a delayed flight after a relatively disappointing weekend...

Cheered me up anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

MD1990 wrote: »
    Very strong in midfield now.

Wijnaldum has been very good in the last few weeks too but he probably won't be a starter now. Still will be needed as will Milner & Henderson. Great options.
    It's great that Fabinho won't be at the World Cup as it will give him the benefit of having the full pre-season under Klopp. It's a big step up from the French Ligue 1 to the Premier League for a midfielder but he has the quality to succeed. I can't see Klopp starting two new faces in the heart of the team so Wijnaldum, Henderson and Keita are more likely to be the starting three for the new season. Fabinho will be eased into the team, Lallana will have to prove himself again and Milner will have a reduced role unless there is an injury crisis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Huh.

I was going to give football a miss for a bit because it's **** and I hate life, but the club sure do know how to fire out a pickmeup.

We saw this season the lack of depth with Lallana out, how Hendo, Can, Ox have all missed games with injuries, and how we've flagged late on in games.

Gini and Hendo will both still be starting 30-40 games even if we get Fekir in as well. Hopefully Milner is content to have a role similar to this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Never heard of Fabinho. What type of player is he?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fieldog wrote: »

Obviously not. Won't be scared off though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Apparently Arsenal are only giving Emery £60m this summer.

Plus whatever he sells I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

_____ ____ _ Keeper _ ____ ______

____ __ Defender __ Van Dijk __ ____
    Trent ___ __ _ Fabinho _ __ ___ Robertson

__ ___ Henderson __ Keita ___ __
    Salah ___ _____ ___ ____ ___ Mane
    _____ ______ Firmino ______ _____

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Brilliant stuff, less than 48 hours after Champs Final we have awkward staged photos of a high profile player signing at Melwood.

Well done all involved in the background, very good sign for the summer.

Loving seeing all the posts of him rumoured going to United as well. :pac:

Although TBF they have been linked to about 30 players in 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

His Mrs looks very nice.

Fieldog wrote: »

Or do you just like giving out?

:P

I suppose we need these types of video's for the likes of me, sitting in Liverpool airport with a delayed flight after a relatively disappointing weekend...

Cheered me up anyway!

Well, I guess it does have a point then. Just not for me. Delighted with the signing though!

Moving Gini on is now the main priority.

Those types of intro videos are now a money making marketing stream on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

These really are great days. What a team we’re building upon what we already have.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

J Mysterio wrote: »
    _____ ____ _ OBlak _ ____ ______

____ __ Lovren __ Van Dijk __ ____
    Trent ___ __ _ Fabinho _ __ ___ Robertson

__ _____ Fekir______ Keita ___ __
    Salah ___ _____ ___ ____ ___ Mane
    _____ ______ Firmino ______ _____

I reckon, don't think a CB will come in if a new stopper and DM are both signed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Hmmm...that awkward time when i don't know when last season is actually last season and this year is next year! When does this magical changeover happen?

Well, I guess it does have a point then. Just not for me. Delighted with the signing though!

Moving Gini on is now the main priority.

A strange comment. It’s not even a priority, never mind being the main one.

His name is self-explanatory!

Hmmm...that awkward time when i don't know when last season is actually last season and this year is next year! When does this magical changeover happen?

Last season ended at the final whistle of the champions league final.

The new season started the next second after it.

• Advertisement

What do people make of TAA's season? I was very impressed with him over all. I think he can only get better from here, I really hope he will keep his place next season and kick on.

monkey9 wrote: »
    A strange comment. It’s not even a priority, never mind being the main one.

He's not good enough to be a starter and is paid too much to rot on the bench. We need to move him on both for his sake and the clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

The main priority should be adding more attacking options. I'd let none of the midfielders leave we need 6/7 the way we play.

Last season ended at the final whistle of the champions league final.

The new season started the next second after it.

So what you're saying is, this year is our year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

so the middle is looking like
    Gini, Hendo ,Milner, Ox ,Keia , Fabinho , Lallana , Fekir , one will have to leave , But holy god thats some options

Gini or Milner ? Klopp loves Lallana and Hendo so wont be them , Unless we dont go for Fekir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

His name is self-explanatory!
    He’s... little?

Are we counting chickens before they have hatched with this Fekir talk?

Lazar Marković is still a liverpool player. This is madness.

Keita, Fabinho, Ox, Gini, Henderson & Milner is pretty good CM group to pick from I still like to add one more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Henderson has averaged about 35 starts in all competitions the last three years. He doesn't have 50/60 in his body. Lallana is another who always seems to be one sprint away from pulling up, Ox is missing the start of the season. There will be plenty of games to go around.

Are we counting chickens before they have hatched with this Fekir talk?

Lazar Marković is still a liverpool player. This is madness.

I'll see your Lazar Markovic and raise you Adam Bogdan !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Plus whatever he sells I think

Who there is worth anything? Bellerin, Xhaka, Wilshire and Mustafi were the ones mentioned to be leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

No need to move on any of Hendo, Wini, Milner (even if we sign Fekir) who are all excellent squad options.

What I wonder is whether perhaps we won't see a signing in the front 3.

With the squad depth starting to build up in in the middle 3, you could argue that Fekir and Ox would provide the high quality pacy options we really need to cover Mane and Salah.

Mane and Salah are both capable of playing a central role in a front 3 too I would say.

Fabinho, Fekir and a top goal keeper, without any major sales of players who played well this season would be a superb summer, but we may even get more than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

tinpib wrote: »
    Brilliant stuff, less than 48 hours after Champs Final we have awkward staged photos of a high profile player signing at Melwood.
    A big change from 2005 and 2007 - back then the club failed to capitalise on the momentum of reaching the Champions League Final. In 2005, Gerrard almost went to Chelsea as offering him a new contract wasn't a priority for Rick Parry when there was golf to be played in the Caribbean. In 2007, Benitez had a rant about the new owners and lifted the lid on what lay ahead. The announcement of the signing today shows the club is much more professional now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

A selection of Klopps signings since he joined Liverpool
    * Fabinho
    * Keita
    * salah
    * mane
    * Van Dijk
    * Robertson
    * Ox
    * Gini
    * Matip
    * Klavan
    * Solanke

All of the above has been a either an upgrade on our first team options or really decent back-ups. We are building nicely for the future. Still a few players short (gk, CB and backup striking options), but I am optimistic for the future.

Morzadec wrote: »
    No need to move on any of Hendo, Wini, Milner (even if we sign Fekir) who are all excellent squad options.

What I wonder is whether perhaps we won't see a signing in the front 3.

With the squad depth starting to build up in in the middle 3, you could argue that Fekir and Ox would provide the high quality pacy options we really need to cover Mane and Salah.

Mane and Salah are both capable of playing a central role in a front 3 too I would say.

Fabinho, Fekir and a top goal keeper, without any major sales of players who played well this season would be a superb summer, but we may even get more than that.

Exactly, Ox and Fekir (if signed) are well able to come in as an inside forward, Hendo made a name for himself playing beyond the midfield and it's probably his best position, as did Milner at city.

Having a backup for Firmino is also important, i don't see it being Ings, Solanke or Origi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

We're not used to having very good players on relatively high wages who may not even make the match day squad.

So as soon as it's looking that way it's natural for us to start thinking someone has to be shown the door. (is it Wini? Is it Milner?)

But the reality is that almost all the league title winners have this luxury of shelling out 30m on a player, paying him 100k a week and then perhaps rarely using him. Look at how under-used Milner was at City or the likes of Delph before this year.

So why can't that be us for a change?!

There will be injuries, there will be tiredness.

I'd like to actually have a proper crack at the domestic cups rather than half hoping we'll lose because I'm worried about it interfering with the league.

Having 3 top quality mids and 3 or 4 very good proven pros behind them is what we need to do this and I hope this is Klopp's vision!

No need to sell anyone in the midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

If we were to get Oblak, he's another one with the summer off.

Currently we have Hendo, TAA, Mane, Salah (if fit), Firmino, Mignolet, Lovren.

A big chunk of the starting 11 are going but pretty much the entirety of the rest of the squad are off.
    Among them, probably only Firmino is likely to get beyond the first knockout stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Having never heard of him I looked at the vids posted here. I am finding it hard to get past the ganglyness, the amount of tackles from behind which are going to be frees in the PL because of the speed of the game in England, the dearth of aerial ability footage.
    Provides plenty of competion for Hollywood passes and penalties in fairness

I will admit I'm in a pretty grumpy mood though ,:confused:
    Ye folks and Klopp seem pretty chuffed and I know nothing,so there is that.

so the middle is looking like
    Gini, Hendo ,Milner, Ox ,Keia , Fabinho , Lallana , Fekir , one will have to leave , But holy god thats some options

Gini or Milner ? Klopp loves Lallana and Hendo so wont be them , Unless we dont go for Fekir

Fekir will be classed as the alternative forward rather than the midfield option.

Ox is out until November. Henderson will see less game time and hopefully will be able to manage his heel issue to see improvement in his performances. Gini is solid backup, same with Lalana.

Milner might move on if he wants to be a starter but I'd hope he sticks around as he's a super pro and can cover loads of positions.

In short keep them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The journos know nothing, and I love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Gbear wrote: »
    If we were to get Oblak, he's another one with the summer off.

Currently we have Hendo, TAA, Mane, Salah (if fit), Firmino, Mignolet, Lovren.

A big chunk of the starting 11 are going but pretty much the entirety of the rest of the squad are off.
    Among them, probably only Firmino is likely to get beyond the first knockout stage.

Fabinho also. He's not in the Brazil WC squad. Another reason to be happy we've signed him - get him bedded in quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://twitter.com/Squawka/status/1001193286302928897

Think he had the most signings with United last summer too, with about 5 reported.

Knex. wrote: »
    The journos know nothing, and I love it.

I hope Maddock knows something :)

https://twitter.com/MaddockMirror/status/1001180189013966848?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Fabinho , never heard of him, great signing though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

TitianGerm wrote: »

He hasn't got a ****ing clue and the Fabinho signing shows that - thankfully - none of them do. In order to seem ahead of there pack, it's easy to waffle about us signing 3 more, one of whom is a keeper when it's blatantly obvious we'll be adding to the squad. This summer, more than ever, ITKs will know sod all - it won't stop them of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Fabinho is very average.

lol

It's all down to Fun Bobby! :)
    Fabinho on deciding to join Liverpool: "I spoke on the phone with Firmino. I know him personally... I was able to speak with the manager & people who work at the club. They gave me a lot of confidence."

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1001225917098790912

It’s brilliant to see players look at Liverpool and see the football we play under the manager we have and think ‘yeah, I really want to play for that club.’

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement