Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Damm.
    Liverpool are currently targeting both Nabil Fékir & Thomas Lemar for a summer move, according to tomorrow's L'Équipe.
    https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1001233353633402880

Team Fabinho celebrates after the successful sealing of his move from Monaco to Liverpool: "We are Reds!"

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/1001234481167159297

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

It's funny how 12 hours ago I was still in post-CL malaise and looking forward to taking a break from Liverpool obsession for 10 weeks, but now I can't wait for next season to start. Keita and Fabinho in our midfield, with possibly Fekir and a new GK on the way too.

Just 74 sleeps to go.

A Toby team.

Oblak

TAA
    VVD
    Robertson.

Keita
    Fabinho

Salah
    Lemar
    Firmino
    Fekir
    Mane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

I think it's interesting and I love it, how Klopp talks about his character both in the dressing room and outside of football. That he is a high quality person as well as a player. That's the kind of player we want. I'm excited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He's not good enough to be a starter and is paid too much to rot on the bench. We need to move him on both for his sake and the clubs.

Excellent player, love to get him signed up to an extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

TitianGerm wrote: »

This Twitter account is a troll account. Some other higher profile Twitter accounts associated with Liverpool highlighted it. I think the gist of it is that it's a Man U supporter who set up another account that backs himself up in Twitter debates and stuff like that. I think he's actually had a conversation with himself on Twitter (between the two accounts).

If one finds oneself even considering such behaviour it's a sure sign one needs to step away from the keyboard for a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I missed the thread/announcement about the demodding, just seeing references to it.

So what's the craic with rescinding cards given out by the mod in question? He's given out more cards than An Post, surely all to be rescinded???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Excellent player, love to get him signed up to an extension.

I honestly don’t think people watch him at all. Has some bad games no doubt but we should definitely be keeping him in the squad. Of the midfield we’ve been forced to play recently he’s the only one with a bit of composure, and has stepped up since Chamberlain got injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I missed the thread/announcement about the demodding, just seeing references to it.

So what's the craic with rescinding cards given out by the mod in question? He's given out more cards than An Post, surely all to be rescinded???

Probably more of a question for the feedback thread. Can’t see it happening myself tbh even if they are dubious. Fair play to the other mods though (not often I say that) for realizing what was going on and stepping in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

To be honest I'll remain dubious of either until I see a report on the official page.

The manner in which we either moved very quickly for Fabinho or managed to keep it under wraps for weeks make me think the intensity of the Fekir link was just smokescreens.

Or maybe I'm just not used to see us be so ambitious. Hopefully it's that! Very exciting times anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I have to say, I'm loving the way the club is going about its transfer business.

Couple more signings (GK and someone who can play across the front 3) and we're all set for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

LiamoSail wrote: »

Surely on a case by case basis. If I had told you to fck off surely it would still stand no ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

so we've signed fabinho(brazilian), keita (guinean) have firmino (brazilian) & mane(senegalese) & salah (Egyptian) ... isn't there still a 4 foreigners limit rule? if we sign alison (Brazilian) who would play?

That rule ended about 20 years ago.

Teams now need to have 8 homegrown players in there squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

daheff wrote: »
    so we've signed fabinho(brazilian), keita (guinean) have firmino (brazilian) & mane(senegalese) & salah (Egyptian) ... isn't there still a 4 foreigners limit rule? if we sign alison (Brazilian) who would play?

We are WAY past that rule already with the starting 11 on Saturday.

. isn't there still a 4 foreigners limit rule?

That's a blast from the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I see Fabinho (is this his real name?) has never missed a penalty in France 15 out of 15.
    Now if we can just find a goalie that doesn't have us thinking "I've never seen that happen before" things will be looking good.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    We are WAY past that rule already with the starting 11 on Saturday.

He means non EU players.

Does Fabinho have a Portuguese or Italian passport or something? I think there might still be a rule on non EU players (as opposed to just homegrown and not homegrown) but I am very much open to correction on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

A keeper can no longer pick up a back pass either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

@Morzadec, with you 100%. 6 good options for three starting positions is exactly what we want. Particularly when two of those players can play full back if necessary and one can cover the wing forward positions. If we did add Fekir or the likes it just gives us tactical flexibility on top. A nice big deep squad. No more minutes to the likes of Lallana or Solanke

Also the genius of the Keita signing really hits home now. If he’s the man, waiting a year is no problem.

Defence wins leagues... As of now 1 GK, 1 RB, CB are urgently needed... TAA is not even related to a full back and while you can get away with it against the also rans, more often than not the top sides will expose him. Lovren had a decent final I thought but over the course of a season he's a liability. Kloppo needs to address those three positions as a priority or he's at nothing for the year ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Defence wins leagues... As of now 1 GK, 1 RB, CB are urgently needed... TAA is not even related to a full back and while you can get away with it against the also rans, more often than not the top sides will expose him. Lovren had a decent final I thought but over the course of a season he's a liability. Kloppo needs to address those three positions as a priority or he's at nothing for the year ahead.

Clyne? Gomez? I think we have quite enough options at RB. I think GK , CB and another striking option are what is needed.
    Possibly a new goalkeeping coach wouldn't go a miss either, I have no faith in Achterberg that he wouldn't ruin another decent keeper if we got one in.

Defence wins leagues... As of now 1 GK, 1 RB, CB are urgently needed... TAA is not even related to a full back and while you can get away with it against the also rans, more often than not the top sides will expose him.

Nonsense.

TAA is improving all the time and at 19 it's frightening the potential he has.

We have Gomez, Clyne, Milner and Fabinho who can all play RB - it's probably our strongest position in the whole squad.

If we sign a RB I'll eat my proverbial hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I really
    Defence wins leagues... As of now 1 GK, 1 RB, CB are urgently needed... TAA is not even related to a full back and while you can get away with it against the also rans, more often than not the top sides will expose him.

Nonsense.

We have Gomez, Clyne, Milner and Fabinho who can all play RB - it's probably our strongest position in the whole squad.

At times Fabinho will play right full its where he started and he has himself said he still thinks its his best position ,
    We are covered for right full,
    We need a another forward with pace , to rotate with Mane and Mo when needed, We need more pace up front so injuries don't stop our style

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    ....... No more minutes to the likes of Lallana..............

..........I reckon you are in for a shock if you expect Lallana to get no more minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Yeah, Klopp loves him.

Prior to this season he was probably our most played and consistent performer since Klopp joined.

Actually having midfield options is unreal though. Add Fekir or another forward type player and I'll be delighted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Well that came out of nowhere (not Karius' reaction to Bale's shot :) )

I don't know much about Fabinho, but he's a midfielder that will stay closer to the defending side and likes to play the ball forward.
    Excellent, looks like he likes a tackle as well and breaking up play.

The way I see that working is that he will be looking to shift the ball forward to Naby, he'll do the driving, Ox will do the running, and the 3 lads up top will do their magic.

Rumours of Fekir and Mark Lamar are strong as well. But I like this surprise announcement thing we have going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Winning the league is more strongly correlated with attack than defence.

We're not catching City unless we're in and around the 100 goal mark as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Trent is 19 and played RB in his first full season in a team which finished 4th and got to champions league final. He's made mistakes but in 2-3 yrs he will be a 100m+ player under klopp,plenty of cover at RB . Madness to spend more there right now imo.

• Advertisement

How does one find any mod posts in the thread ?

I don’t know what’s been said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

We have cover across defense. We look to be signing upgrades in midfield, which means cover there.

So the remaining need is cover in attack. Assuming the front 3 stay the same, that means signing better back-ups...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

How does one find any mod posts in the thread ?

I don’t know what’s been said.

Go back to the op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Gbear wrote: »
    Winning the league is more strongly correlated with attack than defence.

We're not catching City unless we're in and around the 100 goal mark as well.

City won't get as much points as they did last season. They'll get low 90s. Chelsea win leagues without the need for 100 goals, mostly due to teams failing to score against them.

I think we need a mixture of both. Our defence is by far our biggest issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Augeo wrote: »
    ..........I reckon you are in for a shock if you expect Lallana to get no more minutes

He'll be squeezed out this year, not good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

There's a lad at Monaco, defensive MF who can play right back as well. I think Utd are interested in him but it would be a great signal of intent if we could snap him up. He has never missed a peno in France, Fabinho is his name. Would be great signing as a direct replacement for Can. Probably be no movement on transfers for a few weeks after the disappointment of Saturday night & it'll be too late then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

BIL is in Rome at the moment - the shock football news there this morning is that Liverpool have approached Lazio about signing their goalkeeper, Thomas Strakosha.

Obligatory YouTube highlights clip make him seem poxed lucky with his saves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Yea, Lallana's time is almost up. He'll be for emergencies and cup games.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He'll be squeezed out this year, not good enough.

With Ox out until potentially November if Lallana is fit he'll quite likely be the most advanced of the 3 midfielders for Aug, Sep and Oct.

Keita and Fabinho are I reckon not going to play in that role most of the time, Henderson, Milner or Wij won't start ahead of a fit Lallana in that position, IMO.

Plenty of games to go around so I can't see him being squeezed out next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Well that came out of nowhere (not Karius' reaction to Bale's shot :) )

I don't know much about Fabinho, but he's a midfielder that will stay closer to the defending side and likes to play the ball forward.
    Excellent, looks like he likes a tackle as well and breaking up play.

The way I see that working is that he will be looking to shift the ball forward to Naby, he'll do the driving, Ox will do the running, and the 3 lads up top will do their magic.

Rumours of Fekir and Mark Lamar are strong as well. But I like this surprise announcement thing we have going on.

Don't discount Henderson playing further forward in our midfield now. Arguably his best games have come there where he can run, chase and hassle the opposition high up the pitch.

• Advertisement

Lazio also have a strong rivalry with Napoli and Livorno, as well as with Pescara and Atalanta. The club also maintains strong competitive rivalries with Fiorentina, Juventus, and Milan

and I thought we were unpopular. Doing some research into Lazio's GK. The phrase Albanian keeper doesn't fill me with confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Doing some research into Lazio's GK. The phrase Albanian keeper doesn't fill me with confidence.

I think bringing Strakosha in would just be another Mignolet vs Karius situation, where two average, young keepers battle it out for the number 1 spot.

Sure, there's a chance that they both improve and one of them is good enough, but it's nowhere near like signing Oblak or Allison.

Talisman wrote: »
    BIL is in Rome at the moment - the shock football news there this morning is that Liverpool have approached Lazio about signing their goalkeeper, Thomas Strakosha.

Obligatory YouTube highlights clip make him seem poxed lucky with his saves.

Special agent Lucas is on the case :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Klopp loves Lallana.

He gets an injury free pre-season he will still have a part to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I love how stealth like Liverpool were in pulling off this signing.

It's also very nice to read some gushing praise from opposing fans on the transfer thread and Utd thread about Fabinho.

I personally know nothing about him, I'd heard of him that's the height of it.

Hopefully he doesn't perform like Bakayoko has for Chelsea, I'm fairly sure he was rated highly after being signed last summer.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TitianGerm wrote: »
    Don't discount Henderson playing further forward in our midfield now. Arguably his best games have come there where he can run, chase and hassle the opposition high up the pitch.

Yeah, that as well, he started of as a winger at Sunderland didn't he?
    It also frees up Gini from defensive side as well. In recent games he has been excellent at carrying the ball forward and getting out of tight spaces.

It's nice to be talking about midfield options. :P

The fact he is such a good penalty taker and is joining us is such a shame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭daheff

That rule ended about 20 years ago.

Teams now need to have 8 homegrown players in there squad.

Yeah I knew it had changed, but just could not remember to what! Thanks

• Advertisement

Nonsense.

Clyne and Gomez are cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement