Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018 Mod warning post 9350 and 9421

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

corwill wrote: »
    Hopefully they'll pluck another soulless omnishambles off the merry-go-round.

Pards will be available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Salah, Robertson and moreno all pictured in training. Important to have all 3 available obviously the first two are key but moreno may be needed off the bench for the front 3 positions at some stage.
    Karius
    Taa VVD lovren Robertson
    Wijnaldum milner ox
    Salah firmino mane

Mig clyne moreno ings klavan solanke and one other .
    Things were looking a bit bleaker a few days ago so atleast with that there are some options.

Woodburn is now back in the squad so he might sneak on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

5starpool wrote: »
    Pards will be available.

That would be hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

TitianGerm wrote: »

Karius pumps it down and we try and win the 2nd and 3rd balls. Worked well last week. Theres a good videoon youtube on it. We dont try and pass our way out of defence at all really

Kevin Volland with a goal v Leipzig, really would like to see him at Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Spurs have appealed the premier league to award their second goal on Saturday to Harry Kane.
    I can smell the stink of desperation from here, so small time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Spurs have appealed the premier league to award their second goal on Saturday to Harry Kane.
    I can smell the stink of desperation from here, so small time.

He swore on his daughter's life he touched it. Wtf like? It clearly didn't touch him. Is he that desperate? I bet Eriksen (is it) is delighted. Great team spirit there :rolleyes:

He swore on his daughter's life he touched it. Wtf like? It clearly didn't touch him. Is he that desperate? I bet Eriksen (is it) is delighted. Great team spirit there :rolleyes:

Yeah exactly, it's absolutely tragic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Comes across a bit desperate alright, I get that you want your strikers to be greedy but this is a new level :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Give it to him. I had him captained in FF this weekend - his 'goal' was my only saving grace. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It's being reported on Sky Sports Germany that Can's season is over they are quoting Klopp.

Juventus CEO Giuseppe Marotta is also being reported as saying the Can saga will be over in 10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

Yawns wrote: »
    I think he means the long balls from Salah's foot at the edge of the box into the back of the net...
    Poor Fernandinho, he never stood a chance against each of those long balls.

First, he watched Firminio's square ball that travelled all of 3/4 metres drift past him before Salah lashed it into the net.

To add insult to injury, Oxlade-Chamberlain buried the ball from 20+ meters out, a position Fernandinho should have been occupying.

And the icing on the cake was Salah lofting the ball over the entire City defence for Saido Mane (possibly the smallest player on the pitch) to nod into the goal.

There was also the bullet header from Van Dijk which would have completely killed the tie had it gone in but that would have been taking the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

dogbert27 wrote: »
    You're keeping Moreno!!!! :eek:

He seems happy enough to sit on the bench and you never really need to play him. There's a limit to how much business we can realistically do I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He seems happy enough to sit on the bench and you never really need to play him. There's a limit to how much business we can realistically do I reckon.

Do you mean nobody will want to buy him?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I hate Alberto Moreno. There. I said it. Controversial, I know, but there it is.

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »
    I hate Alberto Moreno. There. I said it. Controversial, I know, but there it is.

I like him but don't want to see him playing for us.
    I can't be the only one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Spurs appealing that Harry Kane goal is very embarrassing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

I like Albero. I don't want him playing again at full back for Liverpool though, especially after seeing Robertson settle into the position and help bring some semblance of calm to the defence (with VVD and Karius). That said, i do think there's (erratic) talent there with Moreno and think he could be converted into a worthwhile squad player, pushed further up the pitch with less defensive duties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

SM01 wrote: »
    I like Albero. I don't want him playing again at full back for Liverpool though, especially after seeing Robertson settle into the position and help bring some semblance of calm to the defence (with VVD and Karius). That said, i do think there's (erratic) talent there with Moreno and think he could be converted into a worthwhile squad player, pushed further up the pitch with less defensive duties.

I don't think I can recall a player's attacking qualities being exaggerated as much as Moreno's in some time. That goal he scored against Spurs a few seasons back seems to have convinced people that he's decent going forward. I've never seen it. Andy Robertson, without exaggeration, has done more in an attacking sense since he's made the LB role his own this season than Moreno has done in his entire time here. If we want someone who's a squad player who can give us width, buy one who's suited to that role. Moreno isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,023 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

mosstin wrote: »
    I don't think I can recall a player's attacking qualities being exaggerated as much as Moreno's in some time. That goal he scored against Spurs a few seasons back seems to have convinced people that he's decent going forward. I've never seen it. Andy Robertson, without exaggeration, has done more in an attacking sense since he's made the LB role his own this season than Moreno has done in his entire time here. If we want someone who's a squad player who can give us width, buy one who's suited to that role. Moreno isn't.

I do like his directness and pace, and he's quite good at interplay around the box. Has opened up a lot of chances for us with clever play around there. Final ball with crosses isn't great though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Spurs appealing that Harry Kane goal is very embarrassing

Does he not know there are multiple cameras on game, geez how desperate can you get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I don't think I've ever seen a player lodge an appeal for a goal to be awarded to them before. Bit tragic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Today is here at last!!

At the end of Citeh's storm there will be a golden sky!!

YNWA

I'm going to a pub where I watch Liverpool always lose to City.

So hopefully it'll only be 4-1 to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This Kane thing is gas, isn't it?

The PL should actually just award the goal to Salah, for the craic. And to be fair, he touched it about as much as Kane did.

https://twitter.com/f1rmino/status/983414474102181890

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Grayditch wrote: »
    Hate is too strong a term to use. He's not the first brainless 'defender' to occupy the left back position in the first team.

Riise was equally proficient at screwing up but he got more leeway because he had more end product at the other end of the pitch. In my eyes he can never atone for the own goal he scored in the 2008 Champions League Semi-Final - the ****er obviously put some thought into that.

In Moreno's defence, he is ruled by his emotions - Riise had no such excuse.

Napoli, Roma and Sevilla were all interested in signing Moreno last summer. Klopp kept him presumably because he wanted to give Robertson time to adapt to the club. Now that Robertson is established in the first team, Moreno is free to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Lads, Moreno is awful defensively and offensively. He can run at players at pace and once he gets past them he hasn't a clue what to do next. His crossing is dreadful and his shooting is dreadful. I don't ever want to see Moreno being more than an out of desperation, one match only solution to left wing. I don't hate the lad, but realistically I'd be happy if he never played for us again. He's not good enough and he's a liability.

Like someone else has said, Robertson has contributed more in less than a full season than Moreno has contributed since he arrived. He attacks with purpose and picks out a pass and is solid at the back. They are miles apart in terms of quality.

I hope neither Salah or Robertson start or are needed if they make the bench.

I’d much prefer them to focus on being available in the event we make it through rather than risk further injury in a game where we are 3-0 up.

Squad should be good enough to see a 3-0 lead through over 90 minutes.

I’d much prefer them to focus on being available in the event we make it through rather than risk further injury in a game where we are 3-0 up.

I think the main thing without Roberston and Salah on the pitch, although in theory we should be able to see out a 3-0 lead, without those two we lose an awful lot of what would give city cause for concern.

While we do still have players who can score in Firmino and Mane, without the other two our attack is nowhere near as dangerous. If city don't fear us as much on the break and we aren't as confident as we usually are on the break then I'd worry we'd retreat and try and absorb too much pressure and that's a recipe for disaster with City. Tbh I'd prefer to play both of then and try and put the final nail in Citys coffin. If we can get a goal or two in the first half I'd take them off and try and see out the second half without them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

mosstin wrote: »

I already said Robertson is the answer to LB and i don't want Moreno there. That's not in question. Moreno is very poor defensively.

However, limited to a squad player role i still maintain that there's a raw ability there that can (possibly) be honed. It's more of a testament to Klopp's ability to improve players - he's moved Firmino up a notch or two. Knocked the Arsenal out of Ox, made Lewandowski a lethal striker etc. Alas he's not been able to do much with lovern (though he's less sh1t than when Rogers was manager). I'm just curious to see if the same can be done with Moreno (not at left back, as already stated).

I already said Robertson is the answer to LB and i don't want Moreno there. That's not in question. Moreno is very poor defensively.

However, limited to a squad player role i still maintain that there's a raw ability there that can (possibly) be honed. It's more of a testament to Klopp's ability to improve players - he's moved Firmino up a notch or two. Knocked the Arsenal out of Ox, made Lewandowski a lethal striker etc. Alas he's not been able to do much with lovern (though he's less sh1t than when Rogers was manager). I'm just curious to see if the same can be done with Moreno (not at left back, as already stated).

The only difference between the players you mentioned and Moreno is they showed potential. Moreno has been complete muck going forward since he joined us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fernandinho said we 'like playing long balls, and fighting for the second ball'.

I think he's got his teams confused.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Fernandinho said we 'like playing long balls, and fighting for the second ball'.

I think he's got his teams confused.

We do love a long ball against city to be fair.

5ac5751866ca4.image.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

In work today and all I can think about is the match tonight. Going to be a long day.

Today's the day. Starting the game 3-0, away goals only available to us. Massive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I dunno - without Salah and Robertson, it really looks bare bones since Matip, Lallana, Henderson and Can are all absent too.

If that lot were all available, at least 4 would start.

If we had an actual winger to drop in Salah's place then you could make the argument alright but in his absence, it's Ings or Solanke and, well...

Anyway, I am excited. More than I have been for a game in a very long time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I think people are nuts saying Salah should be on the bench,
    Even if he plays awful he will at least keep the City back line honest , without him they will push up and press us much higher (especially there full backs)  , They would just stick Walker on Mane and press on forward with no worry of us getting in behind,
    Ferandino just used the wrong word Liverpool play direct (not long balls) against City as we know there better in midfield so we by pass it, But this only works when we have the pace of Mane and Salah out wide, It's no surprise we couldn't adapt our plan when Salah went off last week ,
    Again Salah has to start and if not him Moreno just for pace to prevent City's full backs  being able to press much higher,

• Advertisement

The one big worry tonight is if any of our 3 midfielders tire (they'll have a lot of work to do)  or  get a knock we literally have no one to bring on,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

The one big worry tonight is if any of our 3 midfielders tire (they'll have a lot of work to do)  or  get a knock we literally have no one to bring on,

This is how thin our squad is now.

It gonna get to a stage where it'll be mostly youth on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Think Hendo could be a big loss tonight. People very often underestimate his importance to the team.

Hope Salah amd Robertson start. Kloppo said we need to attack and win again - 'the only way' - so I expect he will put out his strongest team possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Think Hendo could be a big loss tonight. People very often underestimate his importance to the team.

This is a game made for Henderson.

J Mysterio wrote: »

Hope Salah amd Robertson start. Kloppo said we need to attack and win again - 'the only way' - so I expect he will put out his strongest team possible.
    Henderson is a huge miss even more so as Can isn't there to cover his spot, he covers ground and can tackle something we will miss,
    Also we now only have VVD and Lovren who can really head a ball , I suppose Booby ain't bad,

If Salah starts and scores, take him off even if it's after 5 minutes, okay give him half the game and them bring on Ings to do the running and be the out ball target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ings doesn't look like he's that great at running anymore, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Knex. wrote: »

Probably has the Sturridge fear.

Henderson is a huge miss even more so as Can isn't there to cover his spot, he covers ground and can tackle something we will miss,
    Also we now only have VVD and Lovren who can really head a ball , I suppose Booby ain't bad,
    Hey don't forget Ragnar O'Klavan! There's a Norse legend about that fella, Ragnarok: The Doom of the Gods.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Knex. wrote: »

Speed seems to be gone, a combination of the injuries and he looks like he bulked up too much. I remember most people used to think torres would be better if he was stronger. He was out injured for a while and came back bulked up more. He was never the same player again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Please score. Please be relatively clinical when the early chance on the break comes. Please.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement